BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't really understand that myself either.  A long line of administrations have been promising that we'd be going to Mars ... so I am not really sure where/when the "let's go back to the moon and repeat stuff we already did in the 60s and 70s" came from.  

If it wasn't for various gov/NASA contracts related to the moon, I wonder if SpaceX would actually be interested in the moon, or would be focusing directly on Mars.
View Quote
Can be answered with: So, how do you live on Mars? How about getting there?  

The moon is THE place to test about 95% of the vehicles, habs, etc in a realistic environment.  Oh, you thought Gateway was a moon only thing?  Its a Mars Transfer Vehicle analog.

One thing to consider as well: Its much easier to get out of the moons grav well than it is the Earths.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

EUS is being built so..
View Quote

I think SLS has a purpose at this point.

But....

If starship is successfully launching 150tons for 5+ refueling flights for every lunar landing I don’t think we’ll need EUS or probably SLS for many more years.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I guess I have become somewhat jaded and skeptical.

I agree that it would be cool and awesome to build a permanent base on the moon, and to develop all sorts of technologies - like mining, resource extraction, manufacturing, etc. ... that could be useful on Mars.

But I am not convinced it is going to happen.  As far as I can tell, NASA's mission now seems to be that they want to put "a woman" on the moon, so they can say they did it.  From their website, their goal is very clear:  "During the Artemis program, NASA will land the first woman and first person of color on the Moon,

Then there's a lot of vague talk and "maybes" and "possibles" about a base and a permanent presence, so that we can eventually go to Mars ...that sounds about as credible and likely as when Bush I said we were going to Mars, and when Clinton said we were going to Mars, etc.  

Elon Musk might be borderline crazy, but he has a VERY CLEAR goal and reason for going to Mars.  It's not so we can check a box, or for bragging rights ... it's for eventual colonization.  That is what is driving his program - a clear outcome.

I am not sure I understand what NASA's actual goal/plan for the moon is, or what the outcome is - beyond just being able to say they out a woman on the moon.  
View Quote

SX has zero experience landing on another celestial body, living on another celestial body, or with long term space travel.  Skipping the moon is suicide.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I can think of two good reasons:

1)  We have to build (or re-build) the infrastructure both in terms of industry and talent to support a Mars mission.  If we really want to do more than just plant a flag on Mars, then we need to build a true Space Industrial Complex and those costs have to be endemic to the Federal budget in the same way that our military is.  Establishing a permanent presence on the moon and getting good at making regular round trips serves that goal.  You need kids in high school today to start being sucked in to career paths to that end so that 10-15 years from now, we have talent pool available to support going to Mars.  You need companies to recognize that there may be an ongoing several hundred billion dollar market in space to encourage them to make the investments in plants, property and equipment.  Kind of like what SpaceX is doing now in Texas on their own dime but taken ALL the way down the supply chain.  SpaceX may be forward looking but most companies need dollars and goals dangled out in front of them to start making those investments.

All of the industry, people, and technology that gets developed to support a permanent presence on the moon will ultimately only make a Mars mission more robust.

2)  It's a national security issue and ultra long term cultural priority.  As far as I know, there will only ever be one moon in orbit around Earth and there may only be one chance to establish a first mover advantage.  I know this is far out and it may be difficult to rationalize any benefits of devoting a permanent presence to the moon BUT I am also aware from history that both the Louisiana purchase and buying Alaska from Russia were considered follies at the time in certain circles.

I'd rather we move in the direction of owning that rock first and then having the luxury of deciding it's importance later.  Nothing says ownership quite like possession not matter what "official" treaties dictate.

I'd be happy to be wrong, but it is my opinion that most people greatly underestimate the timeline to get to Mars and what it will take.  I honestly think we won't see boots on the ground on Mars until long after going to the Moon is routine, Earth launches are damn near daily, and the ISS is a quaint obsolete structure in orbit compared to newer larger stations that are built with a reliance on super heavy launch vehicles like Starship or SLS.

View Quote

As I said earlier in one of these threads, the US should be spending 1-2% of GDP on space between the Space Force and NASA.

Go ahead and take it right out of the military. The current MIC is irreparably broken, and playing "World Police" is a titanic waste of fucking money, especially now that we are energy-independent. Owning the ultimate high ground will give us a greater military advantage anyway than regime-changing Asscrackistan for the umpty-ninth time.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A close friend of mine worked x-33. The tank design turned into a huge issue. Composite tank wasn't working. They could have used a metal tank and flown easily. That wasn't what the customer wanted. In order to make the requirement for the tank, redesign was required since it wouldn't fit the vehicle and a standoff of who was going to pay for it got the program killed.
View Quote
Metal tanks were too heavy and the issue was ultimately fixed but the NASA admin at the time fucked the engineers during a hearing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I agree that it would be cool and awesome to build a permanent base on the moon, and to develop all sorts of technologies - like mining, resource extraction, manufacturing, etc. ... that could be useful on Mars.

But I am not convinced it is going to happen.  As far as I can tell, NASA’s mission now seems to be that they want to put “a woman” on the moon, so they can say they did it.  From their website, their goal is very clear:  “During the Artemis program, NASA will land the first woman and first person of color on the Moon,

Then there’s a lot of vague talk and “maybes” and “possibles” about a base and a permanent presence, so that we can eventually go to Mars ...that sounds about as credible and likely as when Bush I said we were going to Mars, and when Clinton said we were going to Mars, etc.  

Elon Musk might be borderline crazy, but he has a VERY CLEAR goal and reason for going to Mars.  It’s not so we can check a box, or for bragging rights ... it’s for eventual colonization.  That is what is driving his program - a clear outcome.

I am not sure I understand what NASA’s actual goal/plan for the moon is, or what the outcome is - beyond just being able to say they out a woman on the moon.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t really understand that myself either.  A long line of administrations have been promising that we’d be going to Mars ... so I am not really sure where/when the “let’s go back to the moon and repeat stuff we already did in the 60s and 70s” came from.  

If it wasn’t for various gov/NASA contracts related to the moon, I wonder if SpaceX would actually be interested in the moon, or would be focusing directly on Mars.

Pretty sure spacex would skip the moon because a Lunaship is entirely off the beaten path for mars/earth designed ships.

We are going to the moon because (I’m sorry) NASA human exploration hasn’t done Jack shit new for 20-50 years.

And mars is far far more difficult+ more years away than a moon expedition.

We gotta practice and show the nation that cool shit can happen. That NASA can capture the imagination of the world. Plenty of shit left to do on the moon. M

Plenty of new shit to do, risks to take on the moon and new shit to try out while ‘home’ is only 3 days away. Mars mistakes will be death sentences.

But I am not convinced it is going to happen.  As far as I can tell, NASA’s mission now seems to be that they want to put “a woman” on the moon, so they can say they did it.  From their website, their goal is very clear:  “During the Artemis program, NASA will land the first woman and first person of color on the Moon,

Then there’s a lot of vague talk and “maybes” and “possibles” about a base and a permanent presence, so that we can eventually go to Mars ...that sounds about as credible and likely as when Bush I said we were going to Mars, and when Clinton said we were going to Mars, etc.  

Elon Musk might be borderline crazy, but he has a VERY CLEAR goal and reason for going to Mars.  It’s not so we can check a box, or for bragging rights ... it’s for eventual colonization.  That is what is driving his program - a clear outcome.

I am not sure I understand what NASA’s actual goal/plan for the moon is, or what the outcome is - beyond just being able to say they out a woman on the moon.  

I have no faith in NASA or our government but I do have faith in technological inevitability.

Europeans didn't colonize the Americas because they finally decided to but rather because economics and technology had finally arrived at a point where it was possible.

If Starship even remotely hits it's cost goals and even if it only ever puts cargo into space, it will change the game in terms of economics and technology arriving at a point where certain things become possible.  

A permanent manned presence on the moon will become inevitable as Elon's goal of going to Mars approaches mere feasibility.  There will likely be scores if not hundreds of Starship launches before anyone dares put people on them let alone point them at Mars and in that process people are going to look at everything else they can do with that platform.

Individuals, Corporations, or Governments may not be interested in messing around on the moon for $100B in annual spend but if SpaceX has a super heavy launch capability to sell for $2M as they claim or even 10x that amount, people are going to start thinking about what they could do with that and there's no chance that the Moon doesn't enter the conversation.

Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As I said earlier in one of these threads, the US should be spending 1-2% of GDP on space between the Space Force and NASA.

Go ahead and take it right out of the military. The current MIC is irreparably broken, and playing "World Police" is a titanic waste of fucking money, especially now that we are energy-independent. Owning the ultimate high ground will give us a greater military advantage anyway than regime-changing Asscrackistan for the umpty-ninth time.
View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think SLS has a purpose at this point.

But....

If starship is successfully launching 150tons for 5+ refueling flights for every lunar landing I don't think we'll need EUS or probably SLS for many more years.
View Quote
The last time the US relied on one launch system it caused the US govt to force the formation of ULA.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The last time the US relied on one launch system it caused the US govt to force the formation of ULA.
View Quote

Falcon 9 has been so successful that the Chinese, Rocket Lab and possibly the Russians are working on their own versions.

If Starship proves to be one tenth of what it's being hyped as it will make every other launch system comically obsolete. That kind of success with that simple a technology basis (relatively speaking) will create imitators.

Well... Unless our whole civilization starts going backward technologically in a big way and I still don't think we can rule that out.

As for ULA... Open question! Would anyone here say that juice has been worth the squeeze?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is the way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the way.

Britain's decision to own the seas worldwide 200-300 years ago is why English-speaking people run the world to this day.

It will be the same for space.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Metal tanks were too heavy and the issue was ultimately fixed but the NASA admin at the time fucked the engineers during a hearing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A close friend of mine worked x-33. The tank design turned into a huge issue. Composite tank wasn't working. They could have used a metal tank and flown easily. That wasn't what the customer wanted. In order to make the requirement for the tank, redesign was required since it wouldn't fit the vehicle and a standoff of who was going to pay for it got the program killed.

The metal tank weighed less and would have worked. It didn't meet the desire to use the latest technology which at the time was still, new. The composite tank was getting fatter with every design hurdle.

Faced with a project failure, Lockheed Martin and X-33 NASA managers gave the green light to proceed with the fabrication of the new tank. Ironically this new tank weighed in less than the composite tank – disproving one of the reasons for going with a composite tank in the first place. While the aluminum LH2 tank was much heavier than the composite tank in the skins, the joints were much lighter, which was where all the weight in the composite tank was, due to the multi-lobed shape of the tank requiring a large amount of surrounding structure, such as the joints.

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2006/01/x-33venturestar-what-really-happened/
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The metal tank weighed less and would have worked. It didn't meet the desire to use the latest technology which at the time was still, new. The composite tank was getting fatter with every design hurdle.

View Quote

The more of this sort of thing I see the more composites seem seriously overhyped to me.

Meanwhile metal fabrication technologies keep getting better. The strength and heat resistance of single crystal metal components is incredible.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
SSTOs are generally a losing proposition mathematically in Earth's gravity well though.
View Quote
No SSTO (from Earth) can manage more than about 7% payload, and that includes life-support. It MIGHT work for ferrying a few astronauts, but that's it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#14]
We could have had an autonomous SSTO with linear aerospike for 2 billion as a proof of concept for a crewed ship. But that was SOOO expensive.

This is why Lockheed broke it off in our ass when they got the cost+ contract for Orion.

10billion development plus 900million per shot for a capsule!
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No SSTO (from Earth) can manage more than about 7% payload, and that includes life-support. It MIGHT work for ferrying a few astronauts, but that's it.
View Quote

I think specializing a vehicle for ground to LEO and LEO to ground just for humans is a winning proposition.

It allows for super crazy huge ships and stations without any need to develop for earth re entry stuff.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

EUS is being built so..
View Quote

Building an $800 million stage on the ground and flying it (maybe in 2026) are vastly different things.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2006/01/x-33venturestar-what-really-happened/
View Quote

Oh fuck!

Was the X33 SkunkWorks last hurrah?

Oh damn. That hurts.oof.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Oh fuck!

Oh damn. That hurts.oof.
View Quote

Anyone?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Oh fuck!

Oh damn. That hurts.oof.
View Quote

I don't see x-33 listed as a skunk works project. They are still doing stuff today.

https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/who-we-are/business-areas/aeronautics/skunkworks.html

Edit seems like skunk works is anything developed by Lockheed. In my opinion the loose tag kinda makes it lose it luster. But still, not the last hurrah.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

VentureStar would have been about 1,000 tonnes GTOW to deliver 20 tonnes to orbit. 2%. It probably would have been less than that after a few engineering rounds.

I'm 100% certain that a Venture Star would cost more than a Starship + Superheavy to make. 900 tonnes of hydrolox fuel also costs more than the 4,600 tonnes of methalox fuel SS+SH will use. So roughly the same of higher costs for 1/7th the payload.

The math for SSTO on Earth is pretty oppressive.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

VentureStar would have been about 1,000 tonnes GTOW to deliver 20 tonnes to orbit. 2%. It probably would have been less than that after a few engineering rounds.

I'm 100% certain that a Venture Star would cost more than a Starship + Superheavy to make. 900 tonnes of hydrolox fuel also costs more than the 4,600 tonnes of methalox fuel SS+SH will use. So roughly the same of higher costs for 1/7th the payload.

The math for SSTO on Earth is pretty oppressive.
View Quote

Starship at 100million a shot? Or the fairyland 2million a shot?

20tonto orbit with crew for 200 million is absolute game changer and would have been 10 years ago.

Far far better than anything commercial crew has accomplished.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Starship at 100million a shot? Or the fairyland 2million a shot?

20tonto orbit with crew for 200 million is absolute game changer and would have been 10 years ago.

Far far better than anything commercial crew has accomplished.
View Quote

Starship will cost a lot less than $100m, lol. It's likely that they don't even cost that much to build right now. (Again, thank god they ditched composites)

Under $20m at first is a very easy target, perhaps $5m once they get the "rapid" part down.

Venture Star also couldn't do 20tonnes and crew at the same time (and bringing crew along on a cargo flight is a waste of resources anyway, TBH). A lot of the mass assumptions in that program (and most SSTOs) are also somewhat unrealistic.

Beyond LEO performance of the system is also poor.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Also, I'd hope VentureStar would be capable of much less than $200m/launch... It should have been.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Starship will cost a lot less than $100m, lol. It's likely that they don't even cost that much to build right now. (Again, thank god they ditched composites)

Under $20m at first is a very easy target, perhaps $5m once they get the "rapid" part down.

Venture Star also couldn't do 20tonnes and crew at the same time (and bringing crew along on a cargo flight is a waste of resources anyway, TBH). A lot of the mass assumptions in that program (and most SSTOs) are also somewhat unrealistic.

Beyond LEO performance of the system is also poor.
View Quote

If starship can do 100mil a shot in 2023 that would change everything. That will actually effect the average persons life. Wow. Incredible.

I’m just saying venturestar would have been amazing. It would have been awesome and it would have furthered our capabilities immensely. If it was cheap (less than 300mil) and quick(1 month) turn around.

It would be a juggernaut still dominating today.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Also, I'd hope VentureStar would be capable of much less than $200m/launch... It should have been.
View Quote

One would hope.

But we know how these things tend to turn out.

Still, it would have been nice to at least have a few flights of that thing. Just to prove or disprove all the aerospike believers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If starship can do 100mil a shot in 2023 that would change everything. That will actually effect the average persons life. Wow. Incredible.

I’m just saying venturestar would have been amazing. It would have been awesome and it would have furthered our capabilities immensely. If it was cheap (less than 300mil) and quick(1 month) turn around.

It would be a juggernaut still dominating today.
View Quote

Starship should easily cost much less than that. Again, the biggest cost to rockets is throwing away multimillion dollar aerospace equipment.

VentureStar should have been able to easily beat expendables (hopefully), But Starship is a superior system.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Starship should easily cost much less than that. Again, the biggest cost to rockets is throwing away multimillion dollar aerospace equipment.

VentureStar should have been able to easily beat expendables (hopefully), But Starship is a superior system.

View Quote

TBF, Comparing anything to final form starship is comparing a saint to Jesus and talking about the saints faults.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok we should do this.

Starship costs should all be predicted using a SH landing reliability at 98% and starship not crew rated and only having a 80% landing reliability.

This is a good prediction for the first years.

Airliner reliability or even 99% reliability is not something we should expect from starship landing for a long long time.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

TBF, Comparing anything to final form starship is comparing a saint to Jesus and talking about the saints faults.
View Quote

A story concept I wrote out.

Contact is made between the US government in 1970 and an alien race at a level of technology about where we might be 30 years from now. Said aliens wander around looking at the technology of 1970 especially nuclear reactors and rockets and say. "It's crude, it's rough, it's expensive as all get out but you know what? We can make it better."

They provide advanced fission reactors and the means to make a Saturn V into a reusable system and that was just for starters. A reusable Saturn V is about the closest thing I can imagine to compare to the final form of Starship.

I think the main reason why I wrote that story though is because I have an oddly passionate hatred of the 1970s and I wanted to create a fictional universe where it wasn't just the decade of malaise, disco, stagflation, heroin abuse and leisure suits.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't believe the "price" for the SLS launch is accurate.  I think NASA has admitted it could be as high as $2 billion per launch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't believe the "price" for the SLS launch is accurate.  I think NASA has admitted it could be as high as $2 billion per launch.
It's Space Shuttle Syndrome. The cost depends on how long someone's been on the programm i.e. how many launches their business case was based off it. . But yes it will be probably be about $2B per flight and that doesn't include the $20B or so they've spent already on RDT&E and I'm not sure if that even includes the Ares/Constellation costs either.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#33]

"SLS, it's cheaper than a Saturn V!"
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Augustine's Law XXVI: If a sufficient number of management layers are superimposed on each other, it can be assured that disaster is not left to chance.
Do you want Expensive AND Unreliable? Say no more, fam.
Lockheed Martin and GM to Develop Lunar Rover

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

To the National Team

Just... Stop already, while you still have a shred of dignity left.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

So...it has massive self funded investments, so they need another $10 billion to develop their lander?  Umm....
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Eh I’d rather two HLS competitors than 1.

It wouldn’t take a dime from spacex but it would give them at least a pacer horse that they could motivate themselves against.

Also non similar redundancy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Eh I'd rather two HLS competitors than 1.

It wouldn't take a dime from spacex but it would give them at least a pacer horse that they could motivate themselves against.

View Quote
True but the capabilities of the two designs are so vastly different... One being so vastly superior to the other that they can't truly be called competitors.

I would love for there to be a competitor... If someone could do even half of the down mass of Starship for twice the price I'd be happy.  

None of the so called competitors can achieve even that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Eh I’d rather two HLS competitors than 1.

It wouldn’t take a dime from spacex but it would give them at least a pacer horse that they could motivate themselves against.

View Quote

It may not specifically take away funding from space x, but the bill would only authorize the additional funding for the national team while not actually allocating an additional $10B to NASAs budget but still directing NASA to select two competitors. So, until Congress gives NASA the extra $, they would have to fund both projects within their current budget and likely string things out. That would force space x to either delay their progress or self fund.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
True but the capabilities of the two designs are so vastly different... One being so vastly superior to the other that they can't truly be called competitors.

I would love for there to be a competitor... If someone could do even half of the down mass of Starship for twice the price I'd be happy.  

View Quote

In theory more money and 1/10 the ambitious ness should equate to being done faster right?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

In theory more money and 1/10 the ambitious ness should equate to being done faster right?
View Quote
ha ha ha ha ha

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like I've said before, it's like comparing a $600,000 Motorcycle + sidecar with a $250,000 Semi truck
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 6:36:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's Space Shuttle Syndrome. The cost depends on how long someone's been on the programm i.e. how many launches their business case was based off it. . But yes it will be probably be about $2B per flight and that doesn't include the $20B or so they've spent already on RDT&E and I'm not sure if that even includes the Ares/Constellation costs either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They need to do it the DOD way, RDTE is amortized into unit costs. Then you get stupid high numbers and everything gets canceled when WaPo spends ink on it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

A bottle rocket I launched horizontally when I was 9 had more hope of getting to orbit than their bullshit. And I doubt I was even facing East.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

A bottle rocket I launched horizontally when I was 9 had more hope of getting to orbit than their bullshit. And I doubt I was even facing East.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Can someone please tell me whether or not this money to Jeff who is actually a “bail out”

I don’t think BO is on the verge of bankruptcy.

Isn’t this just congress funding HLS?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#50]

SLS being lifted.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top