Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, I might have to come back to S&W.  CZ doesn't have browning pattern carry guns with OEM flat triggers (just high end comp guns) so this is very attractive.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m somewhat glad to see this if it turns into a market trend.  

I like the SAO trigger of a 1911, but don’t like the single stack capacity ??

Wait!  Here comes the 2011 wave! ??

Minimum entry price of over $2k ??

I ended up sucking it up and buying a staccato C2.  I still keep holding out hope for the DWX,  it I’m excited to see more in the marketplace.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go on….

Depending on how the trigger is, could be a interesting pistol.
View Quote

Yeah, could be pretty cool if it's similar to 1911's.

As an aside, I hate how every trigger must now have a "dingus" even if it's SA, like this one. I feel like the possibility of catching just the edge of the trigger on something is remote and not worth putting a dumb anti-lawyer device on every damn handgun now just because Glock did it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
At this point in time, why are any companies bringing out new designs that don't incorporate a slide cut for an optic?
View Quote

To hurt your feelings.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I may be interested, depending on initial reviews of course.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
P210 Carry ended up being vaporware, so I am interested. Imagine replacing the grip inserts with G10 or walnut?
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Maybe most people who buy pistols don't even know what an RMR is?

I figure that if a new line shows good sales with John Q, they will make a cut one for the few who do RMR.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At this point in time, why are any companies bringing out new designs that don't incorporate a slide cut for an optic?

Maybe most people who buy pistols don't even know what an RMR is?

I figure that if a new line shows good sales with John Q, they will make a cut one for the few who do RMR.

I haven’t bought in to them.  I am not blind, have been handgun shooting for nearly thirty years.   Inside ten yards I really don’t need sights for a full sized not shielded body shot.  Draw and shoot with just a quick index of the back of the pistol on the target.   Inside 7 and point and shoot, doesn’t have to have eye level for hits.  Repetition, muscle memory.  Kind of handy when you get to the age where things like progressive lenses are your thing.  I know I have been benefitting from years of practice and the eye balls are waning.

The optics on pistols just makes it a little bulkier to carry.  I don’t want that yet.  I meant the yet. I could see getting to where it is a valid choice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#8]
What does this possibly offer above what they already offer. Just an exposed hammer. I would think most people would want sa/da. To carry with the hammer relaxed on a live round. At least I would. Low capacity no optic cut. That's a no from me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I see a polymer Firestar Plus
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Interested

Apex will probably offer something to clean up that trigger dingus.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#11]
That’s kind of sexy. Needs a railed dustcover cover, though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That’s kind of sexy. Needs a railed dustcover cover, though.
View Quote

Holy smokes I missed that. Mandatory in this day and age!

Edit: aluminum could be drilled/tapped for a small rail though… hmm.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#13]
What no "Grip Zone"?  No care.

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I see a polymer Firestar Plus
View Quote

Except it not polymer. Aluminum frame.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't get the muh grip zonez quips. Like what's the point here? And how and when did so many feel so violated to the point that it controls their emotions when discussing guns? Or is it a lame attempt to be seen as edgy for some insignificant cries for GD street cred or something?
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Kahr does make a damn magical DAO trigger.  

You ever shoot SIGs DAK trigger?  It's pretty nice.  Not my cup of tee for an auto, but it is a nice trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just wish they were actually DAO like the p250 or at least were smooth like kahrs

Kahr does make a damn magical DAO trigger.  

You ever shoot SIGs DAK trigger?  It's pretty nice.  Not my cup of tee for an auto, but it is a nice trigger.

Kahrs aren't true DAO but sure feel nice for a striker.

I like DAKs as well
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I’d be interested in shooting one. Looks to be something size wise to an officers model.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, at least it’s something new. Seems to be somewhat in the same vein as the DWX, a hybridized 1911. If they also make a 5” fullsize version the pair would compete well with the vaporware DWX fullsize and compact models.

Does need pic rail and optics cut though
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Not for me, but bring it on. Bring more to the market that will fill every conceivable (and some not so conceivable) niche and sell more guns.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I kinda like it..
View Quote
You like everything!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's simply unacceptable as an every day carry gun without those things.  I could make it work as is, but why?  Maybe they plan to sell enough to the demographic who doesn't do lights and optics.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's simply unacceptable as an every day carry gun without those things.  I could make it work as is, but why?  Maybe they plan to sell enough to the demographic who doesn't do lights and optics.  

View Quote

Maybe they will have multiple variants....like they do with all their guns.

A full size would be interesting, and cool.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Maybe they will have multiple variants....like they do with all their guns.

A full size would be interesting, and cool.
View Quote

A full size would be cool provided the gun didn't flop, but I'd only be interested if it came with a light rail.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The DWX compact is supposed to have two versions, with and without a rail. If they did something like that it’d be understandable
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I kind of want
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Go on….

Depending on how the trigger is, could be a interesting pistol.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#29]
For a SAO it's going to need a better safety lever than what that picture shows.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

A majority of the handgun buying public doesn't use either a light or an optic.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I said S&W might be counting on selling enough to the people who don't care, but it's still a design flaw.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well I said S&W might be counting on selling enough to the people who don't care, but it's still a design flaw.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not an actual flaw though. You could call it an accessory limited design and I'd probably agree with you.

Obviously it's not for you, no big deal really.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I kinda like it. I’m all for new innovations in pistols. But I am not sure of that trigger. I don’t like the safety dingus sticking out.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You could call it an accessory limited design
View Quote

I think this is fair to say. I usually call it the “basic bitch” model. Like the new SA-35, I’m hoping another version with all the bells and whistles is forthcoming
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I kinda like it. I’m all for new innovations in pistols. But I am not sure of that trigger. I don’t like the safety dingus sticking out.
View Quote

Don’t have any Glocks?

It’s a non-issue.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#36]
No 10mm???
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#37]
It won't replace my Sig P928.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I usually call it the “basic bitch” model.
View Quote
I'm not sorry, but I'm not into being edgy. I'm fine with it being basic as there's nothing bitchy about it at all unless it's the owner whining about it. YMMV.

Personally not interested unless there was either a full or a compact size with a light rail. I'm not into dots so I couldn't care less about it coming with or not for handguns, but I am into lights.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm not sorry, but I'm not into being edgy. I'm fine with it being basic as there's nothing bitchy about it at all unless it's the owner whining about it. YMMV.

Personally not interested unless there was either a full or a compact size with a light rail. I'm not into dots so I couldn't care less about it coming with or not for handguns, but I am into lights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually call it the “basic bitch” model.

Not trying to be edgy. Call it the base model, whatever
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Will it come in blue and yellow?
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Really wish they would fix that false reset that some of their semi autos seem to have.
View Quote

Row the trigger and stop riding the reset like you’re supposed to and this is no longer an issue.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Id like to see a 5" with a slide cut.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Shit, that's EXACTLY what I said. I kinda like it.
If it's not super expensive, and it's light and thin, I might look into getting one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I kinda like it…..

Shit, that's EXACTLY what I said. I kinda like it.
If it's not super expensive, and it's light and thin, I might look into getting one.

Exactly.

Aluminum frame, hammer fired, kinda like a new take on the 1911.   If it’s not some stupid price ($1000) I’m VERY interested.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#44]
I like it. May have to get one.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#45]
That's some thick thighs
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm am M&P fan (but own and like 1911s). I don't see what the point is if they didn't replicate the amazing trigger of the 1911.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Info And images are leaking. 9mm. 10 and 12 rd mags. SAO. Ambi.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222048/7ACB8527-6698-4EC1-91D9-B2D49ED2EB4B_jpe-2221704.JPG
View Quote

If they make that decocker only, DA/SA, they will have a corner on the double stack  subcompact market for the category.  I hope they do honestly.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why does the trigger have a safety dingus, when it already has a manual safety?

Not a stupid question.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Inertial safety.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm am M&P fan (but own and like 1911s). I don't see what the point is if they didn't replicate the amazing trigger of the 1911.
View Quote

This is ultimately what it comes down to. If Apex or one of the other usual suspects can make a sweet 2.5lb trigger for this thing, it has legs. Every other problem is solvable. If not, this thing is kinda pointless. I can already get a pretty decent pull from a striker-fired pistol.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Star model BM and the old S&W autos had great triggers. It can be done.

Not directed at you, but there's way too much talk about trigger pulls here.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top