Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I am neck-bearding 20% more than standard.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RE: neckbeard. I have enough ammo. I do not intend to buy and hoard and resell. My point was not to go out and have a room full of ammo. I have enough..

My point, what else can or should one do moving forward. I have followed sitrep rather loosely the last couple years and not as good about carrying as I should. That changes.
View Quote

Body Armor for you and your family, train them what to do during an attack, vehicle ops, self aid, weapon and hand to hand training.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
nothing different, i workout daily, shoot weekly and keep my head on a swivel.

at the end of the day i can only do what i can do and if its my time then its my time.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So just to clarify, shit going down in Israel means sleeper cells are gonna roll in the USA?

cause/correlation?
View Quote

You don't think they are already here ?
Plenty have been caught at the border, plenty have gotten through without detection.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Increase your fitness level/health.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I did something different two years ago...I moved to rural Wyoming.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Typically means buying up all available and then re-selling at a profit.  Not sure what context OP is using it in
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does it mean to neck beard? Is this some tactical term I do not know?   I search but only get pics and tutorials on actual neck beards?

Typically means buying up all available and then re-selling at a profit.  Not sure what context OP is using it in
OP probably doesn't know either.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just precaution....

The door to door thing may not be a reality unless big city. For me, making sure I carry regularly and be in code yellow. No neck bearding ammo though.

I will be going to St. Louis and Nashville downtown soon. Just being vigilant I guess.
View Quote

In either of those places if shit goes down and you respond, cops are more likely to shoot you than the actual perpetrator.

In a city unless you immediately see the perp the best course is probably to GTFO.

In a small town, country, etc. Well, there's a reason attacks don't usually occur there. You get a lot less bang for your buck so to speak. Nobody nationally really gives a shit if a country music festival or country bar is shot up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Currently at the gym. Thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#10]
In WW2 the "Resistance" wreaked havoc on the Germans and their logistics. Those operations were with essentially NO technology. Today with all the infiltrators from the Southern Border we ARE in the crosshairs during our every day lives. Bridges, schools, power plants and more and more are OPEN targets and will be treated as such by the invaders.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So just to clarify, shit going down in Israel means sleeper cells are gonna roll in the USA?

cause/correlation?
View Quote

Our nonexistent southern border
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe I'll start carrying a gun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#13]
My church security team is aware of what's going on and we've discussed being more on the alert.  

Which reminds me, I need to start a thread on an aspect of this.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Nothing different. The mentality of waiting until shit goes down to prepare is a mindset that leads to failure.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Nope. Been ready for years.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No different than any other day.

And no I don't believe in the sleeper cell boogy man
View Quote

I do, but I expect it will be random attacks on infrastructure rather than direct action at the micro scale. That would be their most bang for the buck, and government would work hard to pass it all off as accidents in order to prevent the population from going nuts.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#17]
It's time for the Mosin's to come out of the closets.

I never thought this day would get here, or, not this suddenly.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bought mine in the 90s. I could only afford one and they were $99. Lol.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I just stay naked and half erect 24/7 now, in case there isn’t time to get ready!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I get that bigger cities give you more bang for the buck, but if they really want to strike fear into people they'd be better off targeting small towns and things like that.

The govt would have all the excuse they need to crack down on all is law abiding citizens in the name of "safety from terrorism"

Imo a bunch of small town terrorist attacks is the quickest way for the govt to get disarmament and martial law.

A few high profile "examples" and people would fall in line real quick. Just like j6
View Quote

I don't think so.  We ain't sheep, and know the Sheriff has our back for self defense; just may take a while for help to arrive.

By then we've got the prey trussed up, pics taken, loot divided and the trash pit being fired.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I did something different two years ago...I moved to rural Wyoming.
View Quote

Good idea. I just moved from uber liberal western Washington state to a very small town in northern Idaho. Everyone has firearms. When I moved here I was told not to bring my politics with me. My reply was that I could smell the freedom as soon as I crossed the stat line. I moved to Seattle in 75 and it was a really nice city to live in but now Seattle is a shithole with shootings and robberies daily because they refuse to enforce the law. Kind of like what we are seeing on the southern border. At this point nothing would surprise me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

not doing anything different
View Quote

Actually, been buying .22LR for a while now, good for game and most things that annoy you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#23]
I already have all my stuff. Other than thermal and night vision. But it’s coming.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I do, but I expect it will be random attacks on infrastructure rather than direct action at the micro scale. That would be their most bang for the buck, and government would work hard to pass it all off as accidents in order to prevent the population from going nuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a more likely scenario. There aren't enough of them to make it far doing hands on stuff here like they are doing in Israel.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Nope.  I might fill some gas cans today though.
View Quote

I filled my car at Sam’s yesterday. The guy next to me filled his car and 3 or 4 five gallon gas cans. Either he has a landscaping business or was trying to beat the price increase. I maybe going on a 1,200 mile trip in a few weeks and don’t look forward to paying for gas.  That is 1,200 miles there and 1,200 back or about 100 gallons of gas. At $4 per gallon it costs me $400. I miss Trumps < $2 per gallon.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Sportsman's Warehouse was cleaned out of anything .223 or 5.56 except for garbage brands and expensive case quantities.  45 ACP was mostly gone too except for one brand they had a few boxes of.

I don't know if it's a run on ammo since other calibers were aplenty, but they have been well-stocked on everything up until yesterday and that makes me suspicious.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Not really. Range check on some guns this week.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh no, shit's happening.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#29]
LOL. Am I supposed to be scared?????
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#30]
No. I need to get cheap training ammo and start shooting again. I have kids to protect but a bitch of a wife who wants to just roll over if something happens so no shooting or ammo for me. Full time student problems. Wife not in same page problems. Will tell her to piss off when I graduate in May. ??????? just getting back into shape and dry firing I guess.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Still buying, still piling
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can I drag out my $87 Chi-Com SKS to fight the Sleeper Cells.

I still have a few stripper clips of that copperwashed ChiCom 7.62x39 somewhere in my FO gear...
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Just sold a Glock 20 to a buddy.
I'm doing my part
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been stepping this up recently.  Honestly I've got most other things covered.  I'll run out of air and blood long before I run out of guns and ammo.  Only thing I "need" is thermal.  I'm well stocked on food, med supplies, water filtration, we live in a rural area, and I work for a utility.

I'm stocking up on reloading supplies just because they are getting a little more reasonable, but I don't really need to.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Nope

Yesterday was just average day at my house with above average training.

Sit on your ass if you choose, warriors are not made by punching a keyboard.

Make your kids do amazing things, they may save your life and our nation one day.

Not my M60, but good to have friends who have cool class three stuff.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Found 500rnds of 10mm that I forgot I had yesterday, so I got that going for me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You don't think they are already here ?
Plenty have been caught at the border, plenty have gotten through without detection.
View Quote

Quoted:

Our nonexistent southern border
View Quote

That has been happening for years. Or are we having a knee-jerk reaction to the events in Israel?
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Door to door in America is a laughable dream for terist. Crowds is where the risk is.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#39]
We live in a small town in the high desert, in the middle of a forest.

Chances of anything popping off here are slim to none, and that’s exactly why we moved here.

We’ll see it coming long before it gets here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Found 500rnds of 10mm that I forgot I had yesterday, so I got that going for me.
View Quote

You're gonna need 3000 hypodermic needles for when the medical system becomes overwhelmed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sir, not done yet. I bought it a year ago. You prodded me to download and listen.

Thank you.  

@Quiganomics, FYI, I am a high school teacher...
View Quote

I listened to it yesterday based on the recommendations here. Quick and easy to follow, and scary as hell but definitely something we could wake up to tomorrow

I’m friends with a HS administrator who used to be a total anti. We’d had many great conversations about it and I turned him to the point he was able to get some of his other fiends to at least start to see the light. After one of the school shootings I asked him what he’d rather do if some nut came into his school shooting up the place- run into the hallway with a clipboard or a pistol to at the very least buy his students and teachers some time to escape. The lightbulb was lit pretty bright over his head after that

I’d recommend that book to anyone
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You're gonna need 3000 hypodermic needles for when the medical system becomes overwhelmed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have about 20 big ones for applying resin and epoxy for rifle bedding and such, I'll clean em and keep re-using em.
Being sterile is highly over rated.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just precaution....

The door to door thing may not be a reality unless big city. For me, making sure I carry regularly and be in code yellow. No neck bearding ammo though.

I will be going to St. Louis and Nashville downtown soon. Just being vigilant I guess.
View Quote

You have a greater chance of being run over crossing the street or being killed during a car jacking or street robbery by the locals in St. Louis than having any issue with the Muslim (Bosnian) population.

St. Louis is a George Soros Demorcratic run city and is a feral and extremally dangerous place to visit. I would avoid downtown St. Louis after dark and North St. Louis County 24/7.

There is nothing here worth risking you life over.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Meh, I always keep my G19 handy and have an AR next to me now.

Im cozy
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just precaution....

I'm sure that's what the Israelis said too...
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  I don't use any hypodermic needles at all.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Carry and be vigilant but OP with respect you have been chicken littleing in multiple threads. Take a breath and get some fresh air. At this rate you're gonna stroke out long before a sleeper cell boogey man gets you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does it mean to neck beard? Is this some tactical term I do not know?   I search but only get pics and tutorials on actual neck beards?

Wife neckbearded chichoronies. There were only three bags at the grocery store. She bought all three.
Not for resale though. We ate them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Kevlar yarmulke.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top