Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 82
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We rode out Irma and wished we had bugged out. Streets everywhere flooded, no electric, hot nights, cerfews, for a week for us, others had no power for 3 weeks; we were not in a flood plane and over 4 miles inland and 60 from landfall at Marco. If you stay, be ready for no medical services, no police, no power, no stores, and general suckage
View Quote
What would be different if you had bugged out? Would you still need to go to work? Would it have helped you get your affairs in order faster? You can't go a week without going to the store?

Just trying to understand the mindset of not being able to be uncomfortable for a week.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I posted in NC hometown as well but general question for anyone in the know...

Would it be possible at daylight tomorrow to get into the coastal area with mandatory evac orders in place to board up?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
526 was empty today and glorious. I'm not so sure it will be like that tomorrow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watching it right now.

<---- CHS guy
526 was empty today and glorious. I'm not so sure it will be like that tomorrow.
Traffic was nice this morning. We are heading south on 17 in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Those of you buying last minute preps might consider a recharge/power pack to charge your phone.  I shared mine with my neighbors after Irma & they were able to recharge the battery pack via the USB their truck.  Full charge on the battery would recharge an iphone seven times.

They run $20-30 on Prime & most big box stores have them.

Best wishes for all of you.
View Quote
they also sell solar chargers, they take a lot longer, but if everything else is dead and out of gas you got something. however don't expect much cell service, even if the storm does not knock them all offline. the sheer amount of people trying to use them will put a damper on whatever service is running.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fixing to leave New Bern to Knoxville.  All of the guns are locked up on high ground with other valuables, pictures, etc. ammo fort stays. I figure ammo can get wet.   Everything in the house has been moved at least 3 feet above the floor. Really valuable and irreplaceable stuff in the car and both tanks full.
View Quote
Good luck, man.  Would help if I was closer.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you are expecting to go through life with no bad weather, all sunny skies, no scary storms, never a power outage, then, no you won't be OK. You need to invest in an RV and resolve to drive perpetually to avoid storms.

Because they have always happened and they aren't going away. Now with the population density on the coast people living right on the coast (there is a reason the coast wasn't developed until relatively recently) the entire eastern seaboard must evacuate a week before every hurricane.

Or you can realize that you live where those people are going to escape the storm. There will probably be flooding. There will probably be electrical outages.

Buy there won't be mass casualties. When I was a kid we regularly went without power. First living in the pa mountains during ice storms and floods, then in Florida when we moved there.

The electricity goes out frequently where I live. I manage. I do more than manage, I have my own little party with my preps.

For cripes sake, some of you people need to get a grip. People have been living in the aftermath of hurricanes for centuries. A lot of y'all don't even live on the coast and you're peeing your pants.

You aren't going to die because the electricity goes out for awhile. If you live in a low lying area you don't have to bug out to Arizona, stay with a friend that doesn't live in a low lying area.

Y'all wouldn't have lasted a year in rural PA in the 50's. We had floods EVERY YEAR! We also had ice storms every year!! We knew this and prepared the best we could.

So wipe your face off with a hankie and act like a man. Except those that live on the coast. You need to go somewhere else. Or not. You roll the dice, you take your chances.

I can't wait to see GD when tshtf. It will almost be as many tears as when Trump won.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Would it be possible at daylight tomorrow to get into the coastal area with mandatory evac orders in place to board up?
View Quote
Wrightsville Beach's mandatory evac begins tomorrow at 8am-8pm meaning if you're a non-resident, you can't get onto the island without a pass after 8am. At 8pm, the bridge goes up and that's that until the dust settles.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Traffic was nice this morning. We are heading south on 17 in the morning.
View Quote
As of today I have to stay and work. Sent the wife and newborn son out of dodge, though. Drive safe!
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you have proof of property ownership, they might let you on, assuming they've already put up checkpoints. Even though they call it mandatory, the government can't force you to leave, but they can stop you from going back if you do.

As far as boarding up, meh. If you get hit, a sheet of plywood over the windows isn't going to do much. Our place got hit by Hugo, and we didn't board up. The downstairs was completely washed away, and not a drop of water touched the inside of the second floor. Was very strange to see a two story house with the first story gone and the stairs just hanging in the hair from stilts. Second row Garden City for reference. The beachfront house across the street was sitting in our yard.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, looks like my inlaws are in mandatory evacuation zone A in Virginia. They wont go though. They thing Bernie will swoop in and keep them safe.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#11]
LOL

18Z GFS model has the remnants of Florence reforming in the Atlantic for a round 2 in Georgia. Take it with a grain of salt. Sept 24th way out there.

Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hate to be "that guy" but is there a video of that on youtube?
View Quote
No, because the computers are set up to prime the pump for 3 to 5 seconds and then shut back off.  The only way to drain a fuel system through the Schrader valve would be to locate the fuel pump relay and jumper it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Whelp, it's official...  my elderly relative who lives near the water in Oriental NC is staying.  They said their front door is 18 ft above the water line and the storm surge will only be 12 ft so they're prepared "to be without power for a week".  I hope that's all they have to deal with but I'm not confident.  Even the city hall says the town is expecting to be without power for two or more weeks.   Nothing more I can do at this point.
View Quote
Ask them if they are prepared to shoulder the responsibility of someone dying trying to rescue them after the storm abates.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like the weather in AL is going to be awesome with the Hurricane bringing in North winds.

Longer range model temps look like it's going to break our heat wave.

Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#16]
It sounds like LeJune is good to go, and ready to assist after the disaster.

Brigadier Gen. Julian Alford

We have hardened infrastructure and the support system necessary to deal with Florence's potential impacts; we have our own first responders to provide security and emergency response; there is the Naval Medical Center/Hospital for medical care; we produce and distribute our own water, and have the power generation capability to ensure we can continue to produce and distribute water; we have emergency shelters for those desiring to seek shelter; we have emergency supplies; we have our own waste-water treatment facility; we have our own trash collection and associated dump; we have our own public works department for roads, buildings, and infrastructure issues; we have large military vehicles and equipment staged and ready to assist if/when needed; and finally, we have Marines who will be ready to assist and take care of each other during this stressful time.

The majority of Camp Lejeune is NOT in a flood prone area. We have very reliable historical data on what areas would be affected by storm surges and flooding and have already directed the relocation of those personnel and residents away from those vulnerable locations.

Everyone who needs shelter will get it. If/when the Wallace Creek fitness center shelter, the Tarawa Terrace II Elementary School shelter, and the Brewster Middle School shelter are filled, we will prepare other shelters and make available spaces where possible to accommodate any family in need. If necessary, we can utilize barracks that have been built to withstand the toughest hurricane conditions. I ask that families using shelters bring with them a three-day supply of food and water for each member if possible.

Finally, I give you my personal assurance we are going to take care of everyone on this base. Since 1941, this base and its Marines have been postured to deal with crises at home and abroad and Hurricane Florence is no exception. Marines take care of each other, and I will expend every available resource to make sure that happens. Further, If our neighbors in Jacksonville and Onslow County need our help, we will be ready to render assistance. Stay safe and continue to monitor our website and social media pages for further updates.
View Quote
https://www.wnct.com/news/military/camp-lejeune-announces-there-will-be-no-mandatory-evacuation/1434974391
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
how do you listen to them online or is that not possible? dont have a ham or a radio/scanner to listen in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Hurricane Watch Net is on 14.325 and 7.268 when it is active, which I read was starting 11:00am tomorrow. The ARFCOM ham forum has some other channels that they listen for other ARFCOMers on. The maritime mobile net is on 14.300 but I can't remember the times right now.

Depending on where you are, you might also be able to hear some of the 2m repeaters, especially if they are linked. Some of them may also be on Echolink until the internet gets flooded out.
how do you listen to them online or is that not possible? dont have a ham or a radio/scanner to listen in.
http://websdr.org/

this is your best option for online listening.

Edit:
Filter by band (20m) and region (North America) and select the station/server that has the band you're looking for.

I just did it it before posting this and for the Hurricane Watch Net you need a station that shows they have a receive band that encompasses 14.325 MHz. I think they show up as green. I think station 4, in DC might work well. Let me know how you make out.

Also, 20m is only good for daytime. 40m and 80m are better at night due to propagation.

Too late now but the GP5 receiver from County Comm is perfect for this situation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I live in central Fl.  We've had many storms, but no direct coastal hit.  The biggest threat is a breach to the home.  Get shit picked up and inside so you don't have flying projectiles.  The garage door is weak.  Once that is breached, the wind gets in and lifts the roof from inside.  If you don't have reinforcing braces, I block my garage door with tall vehicles outside to disrupt straight line winds against it.

The wind will change as the storm moves ashore.  It could be out of the east as the storm approaches.  As it hits, it'll move to NE then N.  After passing, it could be W or S.  So there isn't a leeward side that is safe...it changes as the storm moves.

After Charlie, we had to clear the street w/chain saws just to get out.  Everywhere we went, trees down blocking travel.  Grocery & Gas have gen sets now, but not after Charlie.  So don't count on sales or pumping unless generators are req'd in your state.  Even so, product won't show for a week.  Home Centers, HD & Lowe's were good about providing post storm supplies.  Cash is king.

Authorities won't let you into devastated areas even if you are a resident, post storm...for YOUR safety.  So don't count on reaching loved ones that stayed right away.  Usually takes a couple of days or more.  So once you leave, you're kept out.  Once opened, you usually need ID or proof or residency to gain access to barrier islands.

God Bless.  This storm looks like a killer.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Major models have mostly shifted to the south. Not looking good at all for our place at Garden City.

I live between Columbia and Charlotte, and everything is still pretty normal here. People just going about life as usual. I stocked up on some non perishable foods after work today and will top off all my gas tanks tomorrow. I live on high ground, and it's been very dry here, so I'm not concerned about any flooding. Prepared to lose power for a few days, but I'm not terribly concerned about that.

I think that with the major models shifting south this evening, people around here will wake up tomorrow, see updated cone maps, and start freaking out.
View Quote
Friend of mine has a place in Garden City and is planning on going down Saturday, regardless.  We just left Ocean Lakes yesterday after a spectacular 1 day stay.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
All: I'm at ground zero on Wrightsville Beach, NC proper. Boat is secured in a concrete garage off the beach along with some of my other belongings; no threat of flooding there. We moved all the expensive furniture in the upstairs portion of the house. I've moved my guns and ammo to another ARFcomer's safe with the exception of my G19 Gen5 and a spare mag. Everything else in my room will be stacked at least three feet above the floor. All doorways will be sandbagged but I doubt it'll help much if/when it gets sporty.

I'm surfing in the morning and then making the decision whether to stay here at a buddy's with a generator, or pushing south down to St. Augustine and scoring pumping surf with the rest of my crew who headed down earlier today.

Stay tuned...
View Quote
@RTUtah

If you stay there....can I have the boat?

Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
yes
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
they also sell solar chargers, they take a lot longer, but if everything else is dead and out of gas you got something. however don't expect much cell service, even if the storm does not knock them all offline. the sheer amount of people trying to use them will put a damper on whatever service is running.
View Quote
During Mathew we had cell service the whole time. Verizon waved the data limits.

I have 4 large power cells, we had phone service, communication, and entertainment the entire time.

A solar charger isn't going to do much good if you only have one power cell, mine take over 8 hours to fully charge. The last time I charged one at the hospital and spouse came by and swapped out hers. After that I got more power cells. I only live a mile from the hospital I work so at least I can charge my power cells.

I didn't have AC until I was over 30 so I can do without that for awhile. I can can any meat in the freezer.

I fully expect a power outage and some flooding just from the rain. We have that anyway though. My flood insurance is up to date so that's one less worry.

Mathew took are of a lot of the trees and we had more taken down or trimmed. The trees are the biggest risk around here.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

@RTUtah

View Quote
@USPcompact
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
@USPcompact
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@RTUtah

@USPcompact
Get the fuck out.

Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#25]
There are some of you that truly get a hard on for these storms.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
LOL

18Z GFS model has the remnants of Florence reforming in the Atlantic for a round 2 in Georgia. Take it with a grain of salt. Sept 24th way out there.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2018091118/gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_46.png
View Quote
Ugh, go away you bitch.  I knew it would try to affect Jacksonville eventually
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I live in Asheville...praying for the people at the coast. I have spent a lot of time down east and talked to people
who lived through Hazel. I think this one will be worse. I am charging every eneloop I own and am set
for flashlights, NV, FlIR, and ham radio emergency gear for 2m/440. HF too but I can't run very long on battery.
I am concerned about flooding and mudslides here...and power loss from crashes and downed trees. I have water
and food. And guns...lots of guns and ammo.

They almost always get the forecast wrong in Asheville. I think it will be very sporty here indeed.

I hope I am wrong.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You magnificent bastard! About time you joined ARFcom. I'm hitting Mase early and then deciding whether to bug out or not. Margs soon please! @TheDenali
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Closed out lines?  You sure that's not just an excuse for dodging the tube?

If you are still on the WB then me thinks you will have more than a foot or two of flooding.....my house is on a higher part of the island and Fran put the surge five feet up the lower level walls.  You know my place....you were sipping a margarita when Britt did some improv body work on your Tacoma.

Stay safe amigo...I don't need to tell you this one at Cat 4 ain't playing.....I'm just hoping the WB doesn't get wiped out.
You magnificent bastard! About time you joined ARFcom. I'm hitting Mase early and then deciding whether to bug out or not. Margs soon please! @TheDenali
Damn I'm jealous my friend.....I need to get some decent waves in my life soon.....yeah been lurking for many a year but had some acquisitions to handle in the EE and got an account. Fingers crossed we just get some minor flooding and wind.....a few models have that sucker visiting Asheville Street as a first stop though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Get the fuck out.

View Quote
You're not my supervisor!
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There are some of you that truly get a hard on for these storms.  
View Quote
Obviously, you're not a golfer surfer.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2018091118/gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_46.png
My aunt evacuated from SC to Jacksonville.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Friend of mine has a place in Garden City and is planning on going down Saturday, regardless.  We just left Ocean Lakes yesterday after a spectacular 1 day stay.
View Quote
We will go down as soon as practical after the storm passes to assess damage.

Drove down in the early AM after Matthew, and we were the only vehicle on the roads, save for law enforcement. Didn't see a single light from around bishopville to the coast. 501 between Francis Marion and Gallivants Ferry was almost impassable with flooding and trees across the road. Finally made it to surfside around breakfast time and there was 1 open gas station, and it was PACKED. Managed to top off and got to the beach. The road was covered in about 2 feet of sand. The dunes were gone. Plenty of houses missing shingles, etc.  Reached our house, and it was mostly ok. Had a waterline about a foot high downstairs, and the dock was destroyed. Many docks down there still haven't been repaired, and that was 2 years ago. And Matthew was barely a hurricane.

In hindsight, we were very foolish to attempt that trip in the dark, but we knew that once everyone else got moving we probably wouldn't be able to get there. After assessing the situation, we decided to head home, as there wasn't much for us to do at that point. The drive home took about 7 hours because many of the roads we had used to get there that morning had subsequently been closed due to the flooding.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Obviously, you're not a golfer surfer.
View Quote
No, but do own property on the coast and inland.  Not fun for me but keep circle jerking.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Hurricane Watch Net is on 14.325 and 7.268 when it is active, which I read was starting 11:00am tomorrow. The ARFCOM ham forum has some other channels that they listen for other ARFCOMers on. The maritime mobile net is on 14.300 but I can't remember the times right now.

Depending on where you are, you might also be able to hear some of the 2m repeaters, especially if they are linked. Some of them may also be on Echolink until the internet gets flooded out.
They have it on Broadcastify when they are active: Hurricane Watch Net. Also, I know there are a number of amateur radio repeaters that are live streamed on Broadcastify. For example, the one we use here is: W4CAR repeater stream We may get activated to run a net to support the city EOC in the next couple of days. Broadcastify has a way to click on Amateur Radio and then click on a state to see the listings for that state.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#35]
11pm guidance is out.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I know many folks won't give a shit but for Pete's sake if you have to evac, take your pets with you.  I just read where people are cutting their dogs and cats loose before they bug out, because they're staying at a hotel and don't want to pay extra for them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
During Mathew we had cell service the whole time. Verizon waved the data limits.

I have 4 large power cells, we had phone service, communication, and entertainment the entire time.

A solar charger isn't going to do much good if you only have one power cell, mine take over 8 hours to fully charge. The last time I charged one at the hospital and spouse came by and swapped out hers. After that I got more power cells. I only live a mile from the hospital I work so at least I can charge my power cells.

I didn't have AC until I was over 30 so I can do without that for awhile. I can can any meat in the freezer.

I fully expect a power outage and some flooding just from the rain. We have that anyway though. My flood insurance is up to date so that's one less worry.

Mathew took are of a lot of the trees and we had more taken down or trimmed. The trees are the biggest risk around here.
View Quote
if cell service stays up that is great, I am just saying don't count on it being up.  here is has been out or very weak for at least 3 storms. we are also a very population high state, so there is that. over 5 million in the tricounty area alone by me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Watching it right now.

<---- CHS guy
View Quote
We are in Summerville and waiting for the morning forecast.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like this thing may be headed more towards SC.. Hang on tight and be safe
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So wipe your face off with a hankie and act like a man.
View Quote
Look at all the people who are bugging in at potential landfall locations. Why? They don't believe it could happen to them- probably because they have never seen it happen before. Normalcy bias and stubbornness combined- they do not understand the danger or possibility of death and destruction. It takes a man to face the unknown, act decisively and embrace the financial/personal risk of getting the fuck out. It's a hard decision to make- and it's difficult to actually do. It's easy to stay put in your comfort zone and hope for the best...conversely- you can't fault the men who choose to get themselves, their infants, wives and elderly as far away from potential death and destruction as possible. This isn't about people being spoiled or cowardly- this is about survival. You don't take risks that you don't have to- the farther you can reasonably get from the chaos, the better off you will be. "Better safe than Sorry" is more than a mantra, it's a survival strategy. There is a lot more to calculate in all of this than power outages and scary noises.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:02:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Shit. That makes the rainfall over the mountains rise...a lot. Looks like the French Broad river is going
to get its flood on.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:02:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No, because the computers are set up to prime the pump for 3 to 5 seconds and then shut back off.  The only way to drain a fuel system through the Schrader valve would be to locate the fuel pump relay and jumper it.
View Quote
Jumping the relay only works on some vehicles.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I know many folks won't give a shit but for Pete's sake if you have to evac, take your pets with you.  I just read where people are cutting their dogs and cats loose before they bug out, because they're staying at a hotel and don't want to pay extra for them.
View Quote
fuck those people, some assholes down here tied them to a fucking pole.  coc violation if i say more.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone doing livefeeds when the SHTF?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A friend of mine has a brother who lives in this general area about a mile inland.  He and his family are staying.  How bad was the surge in this area with past storms?  They are kind of new to the area.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/146014/20180911_131200-668265.jpg

It's north of Wilmington and south of Jacksonville, NC.
View Quote
As the newest forecasts appear at 11PM, unless your friend's brother and his family have a submarine bunker and unless they leave there...they will very likely die.
The Hurricane Center has the path of the Cat 4 storm passing within 20 miles of their location and putting them in the NW quadrant. They are also estimating a 6' storm surge above high tide and wind driven battering waves on top of the surge. Keep in mind, the surge tends to be larger as it gets blown into all the small bays and estuaries...just like the one next to their AO.

That, besides the hours and hours of winds which will never drop below ~100 mph.

Sounds like they are finalists in this weeks Darwin Awards.

I don't have a problem if some chucklehead wants to commit suicide by hurricane...but any fucking idiot that will hazzard his family is a fucking moron.

@safe1
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
take extra gas with you , unless you are taking a big loop it might be scarce, or the lines crazy long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sure don't like that track heading straight through Louisville. I live right across the river from there. I'd hate to not be home during a major rain event.
We have reservations in the FL panhandle for a week starting Saturday. I hope the I65 corridor will be okay.

I hope we can make it down without problems. We got totally fucked by Irma last fall.
take extra gas with you , unless you are taking a big loop it might be scarce, or the lines crazy long.
I guess I'll take the hitch-haul with 2 5 gal cans. That should get me there without a fill up in my Exploder.

We're still watching the forecast before we leave the safety of Indiana. If it doesn't look good, we'll stay here.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't have a problem if some chucklehead wants to commit suicide by hurricane...but any fucking idiot that will hazard his family is a fucking moron.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Frying Pan Tower will be fun to watch.

Frying Pan Ocean Cam powered by EXPLORE.org
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Saw it happening just east of Asheville this afternoon.

Will only get worse and spread
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck sake, I'm in University, Charlotte, wife went to pick up drugs from CVS and went to top off gas in the car - gas station was all out of gas.
Saw it happening just east of Asheville this afternoon.

Will only get worse and spread
Got topped up at the ghetto gas station where the drug busts happen -3rd one she tried.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Live feeds would be good as long as the power stays on.   I've started building a list of webcams as well, so far I some for Myrtle Beach.  I remember watching Irma hit Key West.  There were people still running around the island just hours before it hit.

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/southcarolina/myrtlebeach/?cam=myrtlebeach_hd

https://www.myrtlebeach.com/webcams/

https://www.seacrestmyrtlebeachresort.com/webcam/

https://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/web-cam/

https://www.socoastal.com/best-live-myrtle-beach-webcams/

http://www.bar-harbor.com/web-cam.html

https://www.beachcamsusa.com/cities/myrtle-beach

http://www.webcamsinmyrtlebeach.com/
Page / 82
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top