Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 224
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
geez man you guys and your post season draft are more retarded than starting extra innings with a man on base...
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
geez man you guys and your post season draft are more retarded than starting extra innings with a man on base...
View Quote

Hes not wrong
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Hes not wrong
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hes not wrong
It hurt just to read those posts.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've never seen white beef before.

I've seen white tofu before though. Saw it in a magazine once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've never seen white beef before.

I've seen white tofu before though. Saw it in a magazine once.
There’s 12 ounces of hamburger under there.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Without question.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
The only difference being one of those things will actually be in MLB someday
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#7]
also.. has any info leaked on these offers bryce and manny are getting???

i saw somewhere that the nats offered harper 'substantially more' thank $300 mil, and i heard on the radio today machado isn't happy with the offers he's gotten.

of course i haven't seen a tweet or newsflash of what they've actually been offered (i do know these things are kept in house, often).
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yeah you're probably right.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

i saw somewhere that the nats offered harper 'substantially more' thank $300 mil, and i heard on the radio today machado isn't happy with the offers he's gotten.

of course i haven't seen a tweet or newsflash of what they've actually been offered (i do know these things are kept in house, often).
View Quote
The Redbirds bowtie in charge always waits until the player in question has signed elsewhere, and then puts out a second place number, so you know he tried.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hes not wrong
It hurt just to type them

So here's what the entire Hot Stove Season is down to: a guy with hair flips and a dickhead who bat flips.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I know CA is a couple of hours back from the rest of the civilized world [Read: West-BY-GOD-Virginia], but I've told everyone twice now, the only Manny to be refered to as Manny is Manny Ramirez. Manny Machado can be refered to as Manny Machado, Manny M, Machado, M Machado, that bat flipping dickfag, Seriously Fuck That Guy, Manny "I Flip Bats And I Suck Dicks" Machado, and Manny "If I was on the Cubs Joe Buck Would Die From Unending Orgasms" Machado.

But never just as Manny.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Redbirds bowtie in charge always waits until the player in question has signed elsewhere, and then puts out a second place number, so you know he tried.
View Quote
I fuckin' hate that guy.

Whats Walt Jocketty up to these days? Does he need a job?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Poor Opie (aka Neal Huntington). He has to go to people like Scott Boras and say, "hey, we can pay your client like 30 bucks a game, plus a small slice of concessions, a case of Mrs. T's Pierogis, and I dunno, three bobbleheads a year. Can I get 'whoa Pittsburgh'?"
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know CA is a couple of hours back from the rest of the civilized world [Read: West-BY-GOD-Virginia], but I've told everyone twice now, the only Manny to be refered to as Manny is Manny Ramirez. Manny Machado can be refered to as Manny Machado, Manny M, Machado, M Machado, that bat flipping dickfag, Seriously Fuck That Guy, Manny "I Flip Bats And I Suck Dicks" Machado, and Manny "If I was on the Cubs Joe Buck Would Die From Unending Orgasms" Machado.

But never just as Manny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But never just as Manny.

in my head i typed out 'machado' but i think i'll keep saying manny to watch your pepperoni roll red sox loving ass flip out
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

in my head i typed out 'machado' but i think i'll keep saying manny to watch your pepperoni roll red sox loving ass flip out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But never just as Manny.

I promised myself I was going to stop at three Percocet and Rums this evening, but you're making me break my promise.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I promised myself I was going to stop at three Percocet and Rums this evening, but you're making me break my promise.
View Quote
percocet, molly percocet....
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I fuckin' hate that guy.
View Quote
Ok that's too strong. But it's time for him to move on
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:50:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But never just as Manny.

Already burned up your oxy supply for the month?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lexington Kentucky Mating Call - Boone County Whites

The title says KY but this was filmed in Boone County WV.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:26:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Grandal to Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Oakland's first round draft pick is going to declare for the NFL draft.

Report from earlier today was that he will not play baseball and football.

Sounds like Oakland got dick from last year's draft.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hey guys, an O's fan is talking about the postseason!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:31:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Oakland's first round draft pick is going to declare for the NFL draft.

Report from earlier today was that he will not play baseball and football.

Sounds like Oakland got dick from last year's draft.
View Quote
He must have toured the facilities. Matt Holiday was so miserable there that when he signed with the Yankees the only team on his NTC was Oakland.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:49:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Grandal to Wisconsin.
View Quote
1 year,  $18 million.

Jesus that's a nice short term commitment for a guy who turned down a 4 year 60 million deal.  Of course,  it was from the Mets so I can't blame him.

This turns an offensive weakness into a strength. He hit 24 HRs, had a .349 OBP and an .815 OPS. The guy he's replacing had 9 HRs, .307 OBP and .702 OPS.

If they can add another pitcher and figure out 2B until Huira comes up,  i'll be very happy going into spring training.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:57:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Hope the Red Sox take the championship again!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:08:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

1 year,  $18 million.

Jesus that's a nice short term commitment for a guy who turned down a 4 year 60 million deal.  Of course,  it was from the Mets so I can't blame him.

This turns an offensive weakness into a strength. He hit 24 HRs, had a .349 OBP and an .815 OPS. The guy he's replacing had 9 HRs, .307 OBP and .702 OPS.

If they can add another pitcher and figure out 2B until Huira comes up,  i'll be very happy going into spring training.
View Quote
What are your feelings on his defense?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't know about that but in that ballpark his bat does play.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4aiWXM9FFI

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4aiWXM9FFI

Boone County is the West Virginia of West Virginia.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Nats get Brian Dozier for 9m for one year.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

He had a dwar of .6 last year and 1.2 in 2017. His range factor has been either #1 or #2 in the NL the last three seasons. Led all catchers in putouts. He's supposedly one of the better pitch frames in the league.   He needs to cut down on passed balls,  but that seems to be his only major issue.

Outside of a terrible NLCS he is pretty good behind the plate.

Quoted:

Don't know about that but in that ballpark his bat does play.
Short porch in right with most of his power coming as a lefty?  Yeah I could see him topping 30 HRs this year.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
should i bring up the time both our teams were in the post season just a few years ago?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
1 year,  $18 million.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grandal to Wisconsin.
1 year,  $18 million.

and he was absolutely fucking awful in the post season. couldn't hit or catch.. which last time i checked is kind of important.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hope the Red Sox take the championship again!
View Quote
oh wow, bama and the sox? so are you also a patriots and warriors fan??
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
God damn you got that right.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Supposedly Machado's offers have been in the $200-$250 million range from what I have read.

I haven't seen any reported numbers, but apparently the Nationals have offered Harper a "ton" of money, and don't expect the Phillies to beat their offer this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

and he was absolutely fucking awful in the post season. couldn't hit or catch.. which last time i checked is kind of important.
View Quote
Yeah and David Price was a shitty post season pitcher until he dominated in the ALCS and WS last year.

I'll take a 24 HR, .800+ OPS guy with solid defense over what we've had the last several years. Gotta get into the playoffs before I can bother worrying about how bad a guy might be in the playoffs.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
should i bring up the time both our teams were in the post season just a few years ago?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are we counting Wild Card elimination games as "postseason" or no?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
postseason, eh maybe I guess.

But playoffs, no.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But playoffs, no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But playoffs, no.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

But playoffs, no.
View Quote
I never thought of it that way, but I can agree with it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Poor Opie (aka Neal Huntington). He has to go to people like Scott Boras and say, "hey, we can pay your client like 30 bucks a game, plus a small slice of concessions, a case of Mrs. T's Pierogis, and I dunno, three bobbleheads a year. Can I get 'whoa Pittsburgh'?"
View Quote
You had to fuck around and get my blood pressure up.  Talking about Neal "Yessa BOSS" Huntington and Bob "I ain't spending shit" Nutting will do just that.

I was in Pittsburgh last week and the SO had to talk me out of going out and stalking the city at night to find him and do some regulating.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:59:20 AM EDT
[#42]
I like to imagine the meeting in Nutting's office was like this:

Opie: You know, with Mercer leaving for Free Agency, we really need a shortstop. I have a couple of candidates in mind.
Fuck the Fans Bob: No, we'll spend the payroll money on something important. First we're going to gold-plate my Gulfstream G5.
Opie: But, we really need a replacement for Cervelli. One more good hit and he's done and Diaz just doesn't have it yet.
Fuck the Fans Bob: Also, the toilet paper needs to go. Charmin is for little folk. Should I get the roll made of 100s or the two-ply made of fifties?
Opie: And we really need to offload Polanco and Marte.
Fuck the Fans Bob: You know, I'm going to live a little. Order me the two ply made of hundreds.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#43]
I watch fellow Cards fans attack DeWitt and Mo on Cardstalk all the time.  Funny watching the same reactions against another teams owner,
]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#44]
LaMahieu signs two year deal with the Spanx.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many known diapers were on that team?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They all looked too young to wear diapers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Russell Martin traded to the Dodgers for three bags of milk and 200 lbs of back bacon.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Russell Martin traded to the Dodgers for three bags of milk and 200 lbs of back bacon.
View Quote
He's been shipped all over the country, that's gotta be all he's worth by now.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#49]
DeGrom one year $17 000 000.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Toronto unloads Martin and the Dodgers get back bacon? Winner.
Page / 224
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top