Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They claimed the cold weather hurt Rodgers and the offense.  Using that as an excuse for the 49ers' loss seems less laughable than using it was an excuse for the Bucs' loss though.

Still, it kinda make me chuckle to see the argument being made that a team from Florida and a team from California had the advantage over the Packers in cold weather.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much how the Brady/Manning comparison always went. Manning won the regular season glory stats. Brady just won.

Some could argue that playing in the winter in Bah-ston allowed a nice advantage for Brady. Manning played in the Indy dome, where weather was no factor what so ever, thus negating much of a home field advantage.

Some Packers fans were actually complaining that playing in cold weather games at Lambeau was a disadvantage to the Packers in the postseason.

Say what now?

I must say as a fan that has gone to several at Lambeau shoved into seats it sucks in cold weather. If everyone dresses warm enough then you take up a seat and a half.

They claimed the cold weather hurt Rodgers and the offense.  Using that as an excuse for the 49ers' loss seems less laughable than using it was an excuse for the Bucs' loss though.

Still, it kinda make me chuckle to see the argument being made that a team from Florida and a team from California had the advantage over the Packers in cold weather.

Any Packer's fan that uses that as an excuse should be checked for a concussion. And NFL card revoked.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Joe Burrow is incredibly “woke” and actively supports all diets of progressive, “social Justice” causes.

These are facts, based on Burrow’s own statements.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nor I, but people here have posted his anti-gun, pro-abortion, etc. social media postings enough for me to know that the claim that Burrow "tries not to be political" is bullshit.

Yeah, he answered two questions asked of him. He is not pro killing babies, the first thing out of his mouth on that question, and not really giving a shit about the gun question, as in that is not my lane, I play football. Sounds like a hard core activist to me. I can post pro and anti articles on anyone in the public eye, it's easy to find exactly what you want.
He is a talented quarterback, seems like a decent enough guy, and I don't care if he wants to wear upholstery fabric to the stadium prior to the games. It's his money and taste in clothes.

No, he makes political social media posts because he wants to. Not because anyone is forcing him to.  If you like Burrow and don’t care about his politics, that’s fine.  However, it’s pretty absurd for his implying he wants every gun outlawed to be brought up and you defend it with weak excuses like “he said his job is football so what he said doesn’t count” and “I can post pro and anti articles on anyone in the public eye” (which isn’t true either).

Regardless, your claim that Burrow "tries not to be political" is clearly incorrect.

Joe Burrow is incredibly “woke” and actively supports all diets of progressive, “social Justice” causes.

These are facts, based on Burrow’s own statements.

Apparently none of that counts because Burrow said his job is football, "tries to not be political," and the media forces him to do those things against his will.  They even force him to make anti-gun/pro-abortion social media posts.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Any Packer's fan that uses that as an excuse should be checked for a concussion. And NFL card revoked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much how the Brady/Manning comparison always went. Manning won the regular season glory stats. Brady just won.

Some could argue that playing in the winter in Bah-ston allowed a nice advantage for Brady. Manning played in the Indy dome, where weather was no factor what so ever, thus negating much of a home field advantage.

Some Packers fans were actually complaining that playing in cold weather games at Lambeau was a disadvantage to the Packers in the postseason.

Say what now?

I must say as a fan that has gone to several at Lambeau shoved into seats it sucks in cold weather. If everyone dresses warm enough then you take up a seat and a half.

I think it would be a legitimate argument if they were using it to claim the Packers' would have better offensive numbers overall if they played in a dome, but in terms of using it as an excuse for why the Packers lost a playoff game it does seem pretty damn weak.  Especially when they lost to a team from California or Florida.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn’t see anyone claim anything like that. Was it here on Arfcom?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ah, yes, The Snowplow Game.

That happened 41 years ago in 1982 against the Miami Dolphins.
View Quote

Brady has literally been playing since forever.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of the regulars.  At least not that I can recall anyway.

As I said though, I don't think its a 100% batshit crazy concept for the 49ers' loss. At least not compared to the Bucs' loss.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ah, yes, The Snowplow Game.

That happened 41 years ago in 1982 against the Miami Dolphins.
View Quote

No, this was the Titan playoff game.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Disadvantage to GB specifically, or just that the weather had a negative effect on the game & all participants? #1 is mostly silly, #2 is obvious.

#1 is only semi-legitimate situationally. Like that Pats/Bills game where Mac Jones threw like 4 passes. The weather altered that game in way that was more beneficial to NE. They had the roster construction & coaching to grind it out on the ground all game long while the Bills didn't.

GB hasn't played a game like that in awhile though, IIRC. It's mostly just been bitter cold, some light snow, or rain which is going to be a #2 type of deal where you just hope it effects them worse than you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#10]
is it just me, or is nfl incredibly boring this week? seems like the thread has been pretty meh as well,.

am I the only one not really hyped for the Super Bowl? I'm gonna watch it, I just don't care for either team as much as I have years past. I also can't call who's gonna win. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop with hurts, but it hasn't yet. and I fully expect KC to play to their championship level, which is what they are, a championship team.

I just hope it's a good game.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
is it just me, or is nfl incredibly boring this week? seems like the thread has been pretty meh as well,.

am I the only one not really hyped for the Super Bowl? I'm gonna watch it, I just don't care for either team as much as I have years past. I also can't call who's gonna win. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop with hurts, but it hasn't yet. and I fully expect KC to play to their championship level, which is what they are, a championship team.

View Quote

KC’s not a contender. They’ll be lucky to make the playoffs.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I mean it's the week off before the last two teams standing play. There's not much to talk about.

Also, as crazy as the regular season was the playoffs were garbage this year. I expected alot of close games but instead we got blowouts and the games were effectively over from the first quarter.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think the NFL has been predicable and boring ever since the Wild Card round.

You're right about the lack of hype for the Super Bowl.  I think one of the problems is the game is between two teams pretty much no one outside of those teams' fanbases likes.  With no one for most fans to root for I think interest in the buildup takes a huge hit.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#14]
The Cards are zeroed in on two of my favorite HC candidates.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not all Chief players wore red jerseys.  Vital ones were in stripes.  FNFL
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That sucks.  They both deserve better.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:31:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Adams Tweeted about house shopping
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Mahomes seen practicing 80 yard TD bombs with ease, after running 4.6 second 40’s.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 5:27:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That, and Troy Aikman was lucky to have played in D1 college football, let alone the NFL.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoLIm0KWQAATGyE?format=jpg&name=small

View Quote

He's right.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

He's not wrong.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That, and Troy Aikman was lucky to have played in D1 college football, let alone the NFL.
View Quote

"Lucky" enough to win multiple Super Bowls. "Lucky" enough to be in the HOF.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He's right.
View Quote

Chiefs beat them 44-23 and it wasn’t that close.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a running joke.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

The best team in football that will be watching the SuperBowl from their couch?

Being “the best” means you show up with the “W” on game day.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then you have a dome team like Detroit knocking the Packers out of the playoffs at Lambeau..
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He's not wrong.
View Quote

Purdy stays healthy Eagles still win and are the better team.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Mahomes seen practicing 80 yard TD bombs with ease, after running 4.6 second 40’s.
View Quote

Those high ankle sprains, guy was lucky not to have it amputated. Is Kelce still crippled with a back injury.?

what a joke.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully we can get back to sanity and put those horses out of their misery after the SB
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not wrong.

I think so too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hopefully we can get back to sanity and put those horses out of their misery after the SB
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never!
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sorry but Lou has no head coaching experience and weak overall resume.

As a coach:
Wagner (1989)
Running backs coach
Syracuse (1990–1991)
Graduate assistant--assistant defensive backs coach
U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (1992–1994)
Defensive coordinator/defensive backs
Harvard (1995–2000)
Assistant head coach/defensive backs/special teams
Marshall (2001–2003)
Defensive backs coach
Purdue (2004–2011)
Defensive backs coach
Miami Dolphins (2012–2017)
Defensive backs coach
Miami Dolphins (2015)
Interim defensive coordinator
New York Giants (2018)
Defensive backs coach
Cincinnati Bengals (2019–present)
Defensive coordinator

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I sure would hate to see him go. He took a defense that lost starters early, and added rookies to make a pretty solid defense, and makes excellent adjustments during the game.
If he leaves, I would be good with Mike Zimmer coming back and running the defense.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a coach:
Wagner (1989)
Running backs coach
Syracuse (1990–1991)
Graduate assistant--assistant defensive backs coach
U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (1992–1994)
Defensive coordinator/defensive backs
Harvard (1995–2000)
Assistant head coach/defensive backs/special teams
Marshall (2001–2003)
Defensive backs coach
Purdue (2004–2011)
Defensive backs coach
Miami Dolphins (2012–2017)
Defensive backs coach
Miami Dolphins (2015)
Interim defensive coordinator
New York Giants (2018)
Defensive backs coach
Cincinnati Bengals (2019–present)
Defensive coordinator

Well, with Kyler Murray locked in no one with a string cue hung resume wants the job.  

Cardinals are going to ge scraping the barrel for coaches.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I sure would hate to see him go. He took a defense that lost starters early, and added rookies to make a pretty solid defense, and makes excellent adjustments during the game.
If he leaves, I would be good with Mike Zimmer coming back and running the defense.
View Quote

This feels like Mike Zimmer going to be HC at Minnesota, i.e., terrible.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#40]
I don’t know how tampering works in the NFL, but if this were the NBA, Rodgers would be fined big time.

Besides that, it’s really odd to discuss ‘’a city on your mind for next season’ when you’re under contract in GB.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't know how tampering works in the NFL, but if this were the NBA, Rodgers would be fined big time.

Besides that, it's really odd to discuss ''a city on your mind for next season' when you're under contract in GB.

View Quote

That just sounds like the fans at the golf tournament want him to join the Raiders which isn't surprising because I believe it's in Monterey which is not far from the bay area where the Raiders used to be. A couple days ago he joked that Davante should buy him a house and Davante recently tweeted that he is house shopping. Rodgers really doesn't have much control over his destiny at this point.

I think the Raiders are probably a good fit. They have some nice offensive weapons. Defense has potential. Vegas is a fine place to live with decent weather, incredible team facilities, easy travel to anywhere he might want to go. It's a good option.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I see the Aikman discussion reared it's head again.

Does anyone think this Cowboys team with Aikman leading it would be super bowl contenders?  I do not.  
That 90's Cowboys team during the SB runs was so dominant (thanks Herschel!), there are plenty of QB's who could've led it.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Vontaze Burfict knocked him out cold during that insane playoff game in 2015..

Dudes been cuckoo ever since.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Does anyone think this Cowboys team with Aikman leading it would be super bowl contenders?  I do not.  
That 90's Cowboys team during the SB runs was so dominant (thanks Herschel!), there are plenty of QB's who could've led it.

View Quote

The world will never know.
I bet he wouldn't have thrown 2 fucking interceptions against the 9rs.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck no. Tom Brady in his prime wouldn't have done any better. Back when the Cowboys were winning Super Bowls, Jones let Johnson run the team. In addition to being loaded with talent, it was disciplined. Those teams didn't either lead the league in penalties or came close. Once Jerry decided he had to assert himself, discipline went out the window.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 8:14:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not excusing Daks piss poor performance, but I believe Aikman threw a few interceptions in the last playoff game they played against San Francisco, the 1994 NFC championship game.

They went down something like 21 to nothing in the 1st quarter. I think there was an interception, a muffed punt and a fumble.

Yep, in his last playoff game against San Francisco, he threw 3 interceptions.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not excusing Daks piss poor performance, but I believe Aikman threw a few interceptions in the last playoff game they played against San Francisco, the 1994 NFC championship game.

They went down something like 21 to nothing in the 1st quarter. I think there was an interception, a muffed punt and a fumble.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17974/Screenshot_20230206-071613_Chrome_jpg-2700411.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17974/Screenshot_20230206-071613_Chrome_jpg-2700411.JPG

Yup. Different teams altogether.
That game was ugly. Barry Switzer was Jerry's puppet. Jerry made a statement that there were 500 coaches that could have won multiple superbowls with the team he assembled.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He's right.
View Quote

I agree and I am a Bengals fan.

Still want the rematch. Should have been last year.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Rodgers won the Pebble Beach Pro-Am.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top