BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Random fun unless fact..

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#2]
ESPN did a fun/interesting little quarterback chart. They devised an estimated EPA per dollar paid, IE how much you should be producing for how much you are being paid. Then they compared the actual EPA produced to the estimate to devise a list of who provided the best bang for the buck in 2022.

Veterans (off rookie contracts):
Click To View Spoiler
Rookies (not bothering to add the numbers):
Click To View Spoiler
Rookies on 5th year option:
Click To View Spoiler
"Journeyman Quarterbacks" (not bothering with numbers):
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup. Different teams altogether.
That game was ugly. Barry Switzer was Jerry's puppet. Jerry made a statement that there were 500 coaches that could have won multiple superbowls with the team he assembled.
View Quote

This Cowboys team this year was as talented as any in the league, except for maybe SF and Buffalo. And that's debatable.

The difference between the teams that won in the divisional round and Dallas. Front office, coaching, culture. IMO culture is the biggest thing, and that comes from the top, from the front office. Jerry has an attitude that it's all about him, not team. And that has infected the entire team.

There are issues holding Dallas back from contending for a SB, IMO Dak really isn't one of them. Dak is talented enough to win a super bowl.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This Cowboys team this year was as talented as any in the league, except for maybe SF and Buffalo. And that's debatable.

The difference between the teams that won in the divisional round and Dallas. Front office, coaching, culture. IMO culture is the biggest thing, and that comes from the top, from the front office. Jerry has an attitude that it's all about him, not team. And that has infected the entire team.

There are issues holding Dallas back from contending for a SB, IMO Dak really isn't one of them. Dak is talented enough to win a super bowl.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Different teams altogether.
That game was ugly. Barry Switzer was Jerry's puppet. Jerry made a statement that there were 500 coaches that could have won multiple superbowls with the team he assembled.

Interesting.
I still blame Dak for the loss.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Jared Allen, who has become a professional curler since retiring from the NFL, just scored a win over 2018 Olympic Gold Medalist curler John Shuster's team at the US Curling Championships in Denver on Sunday.

Allen, who retired from the NFL in 2016 and picked up curling in 2018, is on 2010 Olympian Jason Smith's team, which beat Shuster's team 10-6 in the first game of round-robin play. After all eight teams play each other, the top four advance to Friday's playoffs. The winner of Saturday's final is national champion and is expected to be the U.S. team for the world championship in Ottawa in April.

"I thought curling was going to be a lot easier than it was," Allen, who was on a different team at the last nationals in 2021 that went 0-9, told the newspaper. "But I'm one of those guys who, once I start something, I'm going to see it through. Our goal at nationals is to beat as many teams as we possibly can and see where we land."

John Shuster's team was ranked 2nd, Jason Smith's (Josh Allen's) team was ranked 5th.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fuck no. Tom Brady in his prime wouldn't have done any better. Back when the Cowboys were winning Super Bowls, Jones let Johnson run the team. In addition to being loaded with talent, it was disciplined. Those teams didn't either lead the league in penalties or came close. Once Jerry decided he had to assert himself, discipline went out the window.
View Quote

At this point, I'm not even sure what to consider Tom Brady's prime...
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't really care about either team this year, so I guess Fly Eagles Fly?
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ESPN did a fun/interesting little quarterback chart. They devised an estimated EPA per dollar paid, IE how much you should be producing for how much you are being paid. Then they compared the actual EPA produced to the estimate to devise a list of who provided the best bang for the buck in 2022.

Veterans (off rookie contracts):
Click To View Spoiler
Rookies (not bothering to add the numbers):
Click To View Spoiler
Rookies on 5th year option:
Click To View Spoiler
"Journeyman Quarterbacks" (not bothering with numbers):
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Yikes...

Don't worry though guys...Dak is totally awesome! He matches up well with Murray who you all think is awesome as well
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jared Allen, who has become a professional curler since retiring from the NFL, just scored a win over 2018 Olympic Gold Medalist curler John Shuster's team at the US Curling Championships in Denver on Sunday.

Allen, who retired from the NFL in 2016 and picked up curling in 2018, is on 2010 Olympian Jason Smith's team, which beat Shuster's team 10-6 in the first game of round-robin play. After all eight teams play each other, the top four advance to Friday's playoffs. The winner of Saturday's final is national champion and is expected to be the U.S. team for the world championship in Ottawa in April.

"I thought curling was going to be a lot easier than it was," Allen, who was on a different team at the last nationals in 2021 that went 0-9, told the newspaper. "But I'm one of those guys who, once I start something, I'm going to see it through. Our goal at nationals is to beat as many teams as we possibly can and see where we land."

John Shuster's team was ranked 2nd, Jason Smith's (Josh Allen's) team was ranked 5th.

https://chorus.stimg.co/24407948/1017199762_JaredAllen1.jpg?w=525&h=600&format=auto%2Ccompress&cs=tinysrgb&auto=compress&crop=faces&dpr=1
View Quote

I recorded all of the curling when the Olympics were on. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://chorus.stimg.co/24407948/1017199762_JaredAllen1.jpg?w=525&h=600&format=auto%2Ccompress&cs=tinysrgb&auto=compress&crop=faces&dpr=1
View Quote

I’ve met Schuster. Great guy.

Curling is a hell of a game. Hungover men in their fifties can shoot as well as anyone. The physical difference comes in sweeping.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Curling is a hell of a game. Hungover men in their fifties can shoot as well as anyone. The physical difference comes in sweeping.
View Quote
Participated in a local league before the shutdown killed it. Great social, have a couple beers, hang out sport.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm glad I'm not the only nerd who watches that. Dunno why, but wife and I picked it up and tend to watch it every now and then.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm glad I'm not the only nerd who watches that. Dunno why, but wife and I picked it up and tend to watch it every now and then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bunch of us played shuffleboard at the bar regularly. The puck chuckers. Completely different game.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Brady scheduled to appear on FS1's The Herd today. Guess that FOX contract is kicking in.

Edit:

Interesting. He's taking an off year.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Allen deserves better than to go out like that. Sucks if that is how it ends for him.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoTi5CgXoBUzjWt?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

He seemed like a nice guy. Good luck with life after football.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Brady scheduled to appear on FS1's The Herd today. Guess that FOX contract is kicking in.

Edit:

Interesting. He's taking an off year.
View Quote

That was a good listen. I’m always amazed how humble Brady can be, especially in really wishing Mahomes and Hurts a congrats and luck in the SB.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Reminder that Wilson brought down his own coach from Seattle who used to be a sports journalist in Seattle.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Reminder that Wilson brought down his own coach from Seattle who used to be a sports journalist in Seattle.
View Quote

Based on past success with short QBs Payton was the correct hire for the Broncos.

Based on Wilson's entire career, I don't know if he can be salvaged.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Reminder that Wilson brought down his own coach from Seattle who used to be a sports journalist in Seattle.[/quote

Boy will that be a battle!

Would be something to be the fly on the wall.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reminder that Wilson brought down his own coach from Seattle who used to be a sports journalist in Seattle.[/quote

Boy will that be a battle!

Would be something to be the fly on the wall.
View Quote

Can't imagine what kind of case Wilson can make to keep his personal specialty coach. Last season was an unmitigated disaster for him. He should completely buy in to anything Payton tells him.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Can't imagine what kind of case Wilson can make to keep his personal specialty coach.
View Quote
Oh, he can keep him, but doesn't mean Payton has to let him into team facilities. Would have to keep him at home in one of his 12 bathrooms.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Oh, he can keep him, but doesn't mean Payton has to let him into team facilities. Would have to keep him at home in one of his 12 bathrooms.
View Quote

So he'll be at the house alone with Ciara?
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Interesting.
I still blame Dak for the loss.
View Quote

This particular loss? Yeah, I ain't going to argue that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yikes...

Don't worry though guys...Dak is totally awesome! He matches up well with Murray who you all think is awesome as well
View Quote

Comparing Dak and Murray is apples and cucumbers. Very different styles of QB.

Dak had an off year. No doubt. I bet he rebounds next year.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sorry but Lou has no head coaching experience and weak overall resume.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Cards are zeroed in on two of my favorite HC candidates.

Sorry but Lou has no head coaching experience and weak overall resume.

As a coach:
Wagner (1989)
Running backs coach
Syracuse (1990–1991)
Graduate assistant--assistant defensive backs coach
U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (1992–1994)
Defensive coordinator/defensive backs
Harvard (1995–2000)
Assistant head coach/defensive backs/special teams
Marshall (2001–2003)
Defensive backs coach
Purdue (2004–2011)
Defensive backs coach
Miami Dolphins (2012–2017)
Defensive backs coach
Miami Dolphins (2015)
Interim defensive coordinator
New York Giants (2018)
Defensive backs coach
Cincinnati Bengals (2019–present)
Defensive coordinator

I don't see a lack of HC experience as a downside.

Most prior HCs are either college coaches (who generally don't transition well to the NFL) or prior NFL HCs that were fired for a reason. Some of those guys find success and represent a big improvement in their new jobs, but most are not.

There are 2-3 things about Lou that show a lot of promise:

1) His defenses tend to be better their talent would indicate. They're a "whole is greater than the sum of their parts" thing.

2) Anarumo seems to be one of the best opponent specific defensive game planners in the NFL. Other than The Hoodie himself, I don't know who might be better.

3) Anarumo is the BEST DC in the the NFL for halftime adjustments.

If I were looking for a HC, and I was considering hiring a defensive guy for that job, Anarumo would probably be at the top of my list for these reasons.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Allen deserves better than to go out like that. Sucks if that is how it ends for him.
View Quote

I like how the Chargers are in this situation before signing Herbert to a real QB contract.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yikes...

Just fucking with you guys, lol
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So he'll be at the house alone with Ciara?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think this means the Cards job is now between Kafka and Anurumo.

And did we do the Broncos losing Ejiro Evero to the Panthers DC job? Because that's pretty funny.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

S...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

L...

E

S...

I won't be watching the Super Bowl, but I hope Mahomes throws for like a thousand yards and 87 touchdowns, and his gay brother makes a tik toc video dancing on a live eagle, while his crazy wife pisses on a cheesesteak or something.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Just fucking with you guys, lol
View Quote

It's all good.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#37]
On his first episode of Let's Go! since retiring, Tom Brady will be hosting Bill Belichick. I think it goes up sometime tonight. Typically I check it out on Tuesdays.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I won't be watching the Super Bowl, but I hope Mahomes throws for like a thousand yards and 87 touchdowns, and his gay brother makes a tik toc video dancing on a live eagle, while his crazy wife pisses on a cheesesteak or something.
View Quote

That’s funny!
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Matt Ryan via ESPN: "I still love playing. I'm obviously not committed to anything. Got to see how it shakes out. But I still love playing and still feel like, honestly, there's a lot of good football [left]. So, we'll see."

Ryan is still due a guaranteed $12M from the Colts. If he is still on the roster beyond March 16th then another $17.2M would become guaranteed. The trade window opens on March 15th at 4pm EST. Which will give the Colts a 24 hour window to make any possible trade official before they have to release Ryan to avoid the new guarantee.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like a party.

Just to counter all that, I hope Pat gets Purdied, and a bald eagle poops on Travis Kelce.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 3:10:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Anybody halfway decent gets out of the Steelers.

Past time for dumlin to go.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Maxx Crosby was on "Bussin With The Boys"  and was talking about the time when Antonio Brown and Burfect were on the Raiders together.

Maxx Crosby Tells INSANE Story From When Antonio Brown Was On The Raiders

Guys a great storyteller.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Pretty telling clip here imho.

Watt is asked directly about Kalamari’s leadership and I don’t know if I’ve seen a question dodged so hard in my life.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Watt is asked directly about Kalamari’s leadership and I don’t know if I’ve seen a question dodged so hard in my life.

View Quote

The way those questions were asked was pretty rough. It was less like a person wanting an honest opinion and more like a lawyer trying to lead someone into a desired answer.

Even if we all know Murray has issues, I think it's good that Watt maneuvered around that one. There's a good chance Watt is in front of cameras long after Murray is back on the couch.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Down yet again. Shocker.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#48]
First look at the SB field.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Speaking of Calamari...

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Latest odds from DraftKings for Rodgers new team:
Raiders -450 (over 80% implied probability)
Jets +350
Packers +600 (less than 15% implied probability)

Suggests Rodgers staying with the Packers would be a MAJOR upset.

Edit: SportsBetting odds, which do not include the Packers (bet void if he returns):
Raiders -150
Jets +250
49ers +500
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top