BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 647
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Forbes value update after the sale announcement.

1. $6.5B - Cowboys
2. $5.0B - Patriots
3. $4.85B - Giants
4. $4.8B - Rams
5. $4.65B - Broncos

Also, Super Bowls won the last 25 years :

6 - Patriots
5 -
4 -
3 - Broncos
2 - Giants
2 - Rams
1 -
0 - Cowboys
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walton family officially bought the Broncos for $4.65 billion.

Which means the Cowboys are probably worth around $7.5B now.

Jerry bought the team for about $350M adjusting for inflation.
Forbes value update after the sale announcement.

1. $6.5B - Cowboys
2. $5.0B - Patriots
3. $4.85B - Giants
4. $4.8B - Rams
5. $4.65B - Broncos

Also, Super Bowls won the last 25 years :

6 - Patriots
5 -
4 -
3 - Broncos
2 - Giants
2 - Rams
1 -
0 - Cowboys

I’m guessing Forbes just updated the Broncos’ value.  There is no way the Broncos had a value of $3.75B, were sold for $4.65B, and that doesn’t raise the value of the other teams at all.

Super Bowl wins in the past 25 years? Hell, the Cowboys have 3 PLAYOFF wins in the past 25 years.  And yet they are still easily the most popular NFL team, sell the most merchandise, are the most watched team, are the most talked about team, etc.  TBH, I don’t really get it.  Especially the part about players who never lived in Texas and were born after 1990 being huge Cowboys fans.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The Browns have excused Baker Mayfield from the mandatory team minicamp. Surprising no one.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I remember it as $150m.
Could be wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walton family officially bought the Broncos for $4.65 billion.

Which means the Cowboys are probably worth around $7.5B now.

Jerry bought the team for about $350M adjusting for inflation.

I remember it as $150m.
Could be wrong.

Jerry did buy the team for $150M in 1989, but I said it was about $350M “adjusting for inflation.”
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt's LB Darius Leonard underwent back surgery yesterday for an issue that popped up in camp. Still dealing with a nagging ankle injury from last season. Bad news.

They said it's a "minor surgery". I dont think there is such thing as a minor back surgery?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm guessing Forbes just updated the Broncos' value.  There is no way the Broncos had a value of $3.75B, were sold for $4.65B, and that doesn't raise the value of the other teams at all.

Super Bowl wins in the past 25 years? Hell, the Cowboys have 3 PLAYOFF wins in the past 25 years.  And yet they are still easily the most popular NFL team, sell the most merchandise, are the most watched team, are the most talked about team, etc.  TBH, I don't really get it.  Especially the part about players who never lived in Texas and were born after 1990 being huge Cowboys fans.
View Quote
I think a lot of it is a holdover from before we had over 9000 cable channels.  I have a cousin in Nebraska who is a Cowboys fan, because it was one of the few NFL teams to see regularly on TV in the 90s.  Same reason I liked the Chicago Cubs in the 90s.  We got the three networks, PBS, and WGN out of Chicago in Nebraska at that time.  Cubs were the only baseball team you saw play regularly.  

Also this.

King Of The Hill - Boomer Sooner

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Drew Brees is "officially" done at NBC Sports, after just one season.

NBC Sports chairman Pete Bevacqua said in a phone interview with The Associated Press that Brees will not be a part of the network's NFL and Notre Dame coverage this year. The New York Post reported last month that the former quarterback would not be coming back as a studio or game analyst.

Nothing we didn't already know. He sucked, he wanted the Sunday Night Football job, they didn't give it to him, he has then been talking with FOX and they decided they didn't want him, so now he is unemployed.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Lions have moved CB Jermaine Waller to the retired/reserve list. They have stated he is officially retiring.

The Lions signed Waller as an UDFA out of Virginia Tech. He participated in the rookie minicamp and OTAs before retiring today with no official reason/explanation given yet.

Strange.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

NBC Sports chairman Pete Bevacqua said in a phone interview with The Associated Press that Brees will not be a part of the network's NFL and Notre Dame coverage this year. The New York Post reported last month that the former quarterback would not be coming back as a studio or game analyst.

Nothing we didn't already know. He sucked, he wanted the Sunday Night Football job, they didn't give it to him, he has then been talking with FOX and they decided they didn't want him, so now he is unemployed.
View Quote

Talk about being a Bridesmaid.

His records lasted a half season. Brady is still playing football and already has a broadcast gig.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope is d coordinating this year is as good as his political takes.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Via PFT: Sources revealed that the Broncos could have easily sold for over $5 Billion.

76ers Co-Owner Josh Harris made it clear that he was willing to pay $5B for the Broncos if it would get the deal done, but he was not given that assurance. He was concerned that Walton would just trump his $5B bid, and would continue to do so until they secured the team (auction).

Harris reportedly decided to back out and not push the bid up to $5B because he now intends to pursue a different NFL franchise. He didn't want to drive the price up and make his future NFL purchase more expensive in doing so.
View Quote

Pretty smart
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Andrew Brandt on Pat's show: "With new information almost every day, I have a hard time seeing Deshaun Watson getting on the field this year."
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently Del Rio is racist against black people because he said an event in which multiple black people were killed was worse than an event in which no black people where killed.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Andrew Brandt on Pat's show: "With new information almost every day, I have a hard time seeing Deshaun Watson getting on the field this year."
View Quote

After the NFL has been sitting on their hands for over a year despite a mountain of evidence it is not hard at all for me to see the NFL sitting on their hands for another 7 months.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wonder how he will get by.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The Browns have excused Baker Mayfield from the mandatory team minicamp. Surprising no one.
View Quote

Off to Seattle he goes.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Off to Seattle he goes.
View Quote

I hope he does well there.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#19]
CBS Sports pre-season ranking of all 16 AFC quarterbacks.

TLDR summary/list:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Via PFT: Sources revealed that the Broncos could have easily sold for over $5 Billion.

76ers Co-Owner Josh Harris made it clear that he was willing to pay $5B for the Broncos if it would get the deal done, but he was not given that assurance. He was concerned that Walton would just trump his $5B bid, and would continue to do so until they secured the team (auction).

Harris reportedly decided to back out and not push the bid up to $5B because he now intends to pursue a different NFL franchise. He didn't want to drive the price up and make his future NFL purchase more expensive in doing so.
View Quote

Which would be... what?

Other than Snyder getting voted off the island making the WTF available, what other team looks to be available anytime soon?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Orlando Brown, non-exclusive franchise tagged by the Chiefs, has reportedly cut 20 pounds off his playing weight. Dropping from last seasons 365 to 345. He still has not attended any team activities (OTAs) as he has not signed his franchise tender yet.

Having made the Pro Bowl at both left and right tackle, he is still looking for that massive contract before the season starts. Reportedly wants to be the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL. Currently Trent Williams and David Bahktiari fill that spot at $23MPY. Brown is 7 years younger than Williams.

Chiefs gave up a 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th for Brown a 2nd and a 6th. So you know they want to work out a deal as well.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Which would be... what?

Other than Snyder getting voted off the island making the WTF available, what other team looks to be available anytime soon?
View Quote

Chargers are the only one I can think of besides the WTF.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

TLDR summary/list:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I am still baffled at Mahomes' performance in the 2nd half/OT of the AFC Championship game.  I don't think "bad" fully covers a 1.4 QBR.   One.  Point.  Four.

With a trip to the Super Bowl on the line, these were Mahomes' last 4 plays of the season:

- Sack fumble after he had 10 seconds to throw

- Overthrown incomplete

- Dropped pick 6 that would have ended the game

- INT
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

TLDR summary/list:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Pretty close. I might shift a few up or down a slot but good ranking.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Which would be... what?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which would be... what?

Rumors have swirled about the Seahawks being sold out of the Paul Allen Trust.
There was talk last year about the Bears going up for sale (Virginia is 98).
Are the Spanos kids still in court over forcing the sale of the Chargers? I don't know if that has been resolved.
Titans ownership has had family issues with one of the kids trying to sell part of the team before.
Then you have the Dan Synder shit.

So I mean, there is definitely the POSSIBILITY of a sale, even though I wouldn't say any of those options are actually pending/likely.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Orlando Brown, non-exclusive franchise tagged by the Chiefs, has reportedly cut 20 pounds off his playing weight. Dropping from last seasons 365 to 345. He still has not attended any team activities (OTAs) as he has not signed his franchise tender yet.

Having made the Pro Bowl at both left and right tackle, he is still looking for that massive contract before the season starts. Reportedly wants to be the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL. Currently Trent Williams and David Bahktiari fill that spot at $23MPY. Brown is 7 years younger than Williams.

Chiefs gave up a 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th for Brown a 2nd and a 6th. So you know they want to work out a deal as well.
View Quote

This was a predictable problem.

When the Chiefs announced the trade and then didn't immediately announce an extension, the current situation because an obvious conclusion.

It's very strange to me how the Chiefs front office can make moves of pure brilliance and then make really obvious mistakes that casuals can see from a mile away.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

When the Chiefs announced the trade and then didn't immediately announce an extension, the current situation because an obvious conclusion.

It's very strange to me how the Chiefs front office can make moves of pure brilliance and then make really obvious mistakes that casuals can see from a mile away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anytime any team trades a 1st round pick and extras for a player, who is at/nearing the end of their contract, and the trade is not predicated on an extension... It feels like a fuck up. That should be something resolved before hand and the extension should be included in the trade.

If you're already putting up the draft capital, then you should be willing to put up the salary capital as well. Don't hope for a friendly deal later on or play the wait and see game which could end up with the player performing well and demanding even more money a year later.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think I like this guy.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anytime any team trades a 1st round pick and extras for a player, who is at/nearing the end of their contract, and the trade is not predicated on an extension... It feels like a fuck up. That should be something resolved before hand and the extension should be included in the trade.

If you're already putting up the draft capital, then you should be willing to put up the salary capital as well. Don't hope for a friendly deal later on or play the wait and see game which could end up with the player performing well and demanding even more money a year later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

There are only two semi-valid reasons I can think of why the Chiefs didn't do the extension immediately.

1) They were that squeezed by cap and they needed to clear other contracts first.
2) They had concerns about Brown's fit as the LT in a very different offense than he played in before.

Here we are a year later, and those line items have been mostly addressed, but now Brown is MUCH more expensive than he would have been.

I don't think Brown is an elite talent, but I think he might be top-5ish. Williams and Bakhtiari are both better. You can probably argue that both Andrew Thomas and Rashawn Slater are better, but both those dudes are still on rookie contracts. Laremy Tunsil and Ronnie Stanley are somewhere in this neighborhood, and I would argue that the comparison of Brown against those two is very much up for debate.

Here are the current top LT contracts:
Williams (34) $23M APY
Bakhtiari (31) $23M APY
Tunsil (28) $22M APY
Stanley (28) $19.8M APY
Matthews (30) $18.5M APY

Brown is probably the 4th or so best player on this list, he's only 26, he's still improving, and he has a better injury history than some of these guys. Given how NFL contracts work, I don't see a reasonable argument for NOT making him the top paid guy here. Will that work out long term? Maybe. Maybe not. But this is how market value actually works.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Colt's LB Darius Leonard underwent back surgery yesterday for an issue that popped up in camp. Still dealing with a nagging ankle injury from last season. Bad news.

They said it's a "minor surgery". I dont think there is such thing as a minor back surgery?
View Quote

Even minor back surgeries can fuck you up.

I have a friend who was having a foot issue that they decided was due to a nerve issue in his back. The surgery crippled him. He has been living in constant pain, taking fentanyl patches, unable to either stand or lay down for extended periods of time, for the last 8 or 9 years.

Living with the foot issue would have been 100 times better.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUwufibUAAAubK9?format=png&name=large

https://media.giphy.com/media/7vwW32U9RDIT6/200.gif
View Quote

Oh this is getting spicy. Are the Texans about to be for sale?

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Gee it would be a shame if deshauan watson had a career ending injury in the first pre season game. Maybe then we can stop hearing about his sorry ass.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol how do they find all this money ?

When do they hit cap hell!?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

The “happy baby yoga pose:”

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Damn, Woodley was an 8/10 on her best day, this chick is about a 6/10, not counting the tats and piercings.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:05:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Damn, Woodley was an 8/10 on her best day, this chick is about a 6/10, not counting the tats and piercings.
View Quote

Appears to have nice tits though
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you see those titties though??
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Butterface...
Need pics of her ass to determine guilt.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#44]

He sure seems to like big-nosed hippy chicks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Attachment Attached File

Freaky Earth chicks... You can do anything you want to them, if you can get past the body hair and smell.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Nice video from Mina Kimes in the Tweet. Has Jemele Hill given a comment about Watson yet?

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Nice video from Mina Kimes in the Tweet. Has Jemele Hill given a comment about Watson yet?

View Quote

The Browns probably took their cue from the league, who's only effort to investigate was talk to some of the women in such a way to make them feel uncomfortable, so the Browns thought they were good.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top