BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pretty sure code won't let you branch off of that dryer circuit.

I'd run a dedicated 50A circuit.
View Quote
You're not allowed to use something like this?

obviously you're going to be a bit more limited in your current instead of using a dedicated outlet.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My dryer 240 outlet (laundry room) is about 10 feet away from the rear wall in my garage.  Its an easy fish to the rear garage wall. How much to have a qualified electrician install an outlet for L2 charging?

Or does L2 need a dedicated circuit?
View Quote

I think the code requires it but you can buy a splitter that allows you to operate one or the other, but not both.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]

The octovalve Model Y thermal management system is a work of genius.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Thank you, interesting way of doing it, bad accent though on the vid
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Pretty sure code won’t let you branch off of that dryer circuit.

I’d run a dedicated 50A circuit.
View Quote

This.   I'm lucky since most of the houses in Florida are built with the breaker box in the garage it cost me less than  $100 to install a dryer outlet in my garage.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No offense, but did you just find out what a heat pump is? You know you can heat your house and your hot water with them as well, right?
View Quote

Knew about heat pumps but did not realize they put the system in the tesla, does a lot for a small package
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Knew about heat pumps but did not realize they put the system in the tesla, does a lot for a small package
View Quote

I think Nissan was the first to do it with the Leaf, but the Tesla is apparently truly incredible.

Modern heat pumps are going to change the world.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My dryer 240 outlet (laundry room) is about 10 feet away from the rear wall in my garage.  Its an easy fish to the rear garage wall. How much to have a qualified electrician install an outlet for L2 charging?

That's what a Splitter switch or DryerBuddy is for
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think Nissan was the first to do it with the Leaf, but the Tesla is apparently truly incredible.

Modern heat pumps are going to change the world.
View Quote

Was just looking at it, is incredible, last I was familiar with was in rvs years ago, they where not very efficient and larger
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's not insignificant...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea the rav4 prime has a heat pump. But it routinely gets colder than it's rated to work at. So it is something that's a concern for a bit of the US.

I have no problem primarily using the gas engine those days though. Just as my car now does.

How much does resistive heating kill range?

30% in my experience give or take.
That's not insignificant...

Of course not.  Never said it was.

The big question is if causes a problem for you or not.  It dropped our range from 373 miles to ~250 miles and 250 miles of range hasn't been a problem for how we use that car.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are going to want a dedicated circuit.  Talk to an electrician and have them quote it.  They have more ways to skin that cat than you might expect.  Those guys know all the tricks to get power from Point A to Point B.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The big question is if causes a problem for you or not.  It dropped our range from 373 miles to ~250 miles and 250 miles of range hasn't been a problem for how we use that car.

View Quote

As ranges increase to 400 and 500 miles over the next few years, this will matter even less.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You're not allowed to use something like this? https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.5jDVcd8jlYzjzoi5CXf-XwHaGU?pid=ImgDet&dpr=3

obviously you're going to be a bit more limited in your current instead of using a dedicated outlet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure code won't let you branch off of that dryer circuit.

I'd run a dedicated 50A circuit.
You're not allowed to use something like this? https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.5jDVcd8jlYzjzoi5CXf-XwHaGU?pid=ImgDet&dpr=3

For $350 might well buy a 50 amp breaker and toss a charger on the wall.  That breaker is like $40 these days, the 6 gauge wire will cost more.  Granted a residential sparky will charge a lot more but if you can do it yourself it's cheaper.

https://www.splitvolt.com/shop/
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Oil is not a scarce resource.  Car exhaust really doesn't harm the environment as its treated by catalytic converters.

Electric vehicles are a solution in search of a problem.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oil is not a scarce resource.  Car exhaust really doesn't harm the environment as its treated by catalytic converters.

View Quote

For me it's a way that I try to limit my money from going to the middle east and the people who live there. I know that they will get some indirectly, but I do my best to keep it in this country.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone purchasing an electric car should be forced to work 60 days in a battery factory.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone purchasing an electric car should be forced to work 60 days in a battery factory.
View Quote

...and watch the robots do all the work?

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nope
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now picture an employee parking lot in Minnesota on a -20F day.  Lithium ion batteries can't charge below 32F.  Nobody here seems to care about this, but they can't and it's a big problem.  In order to charge them at temperatures below 32F, the batteries must be heated, either by a resistive element or shunting power to the drive wheels which generates heat internally to the battery.  Both processes are incredibly inefficient and require a huge amount of power...as much as 10kW on some Tesla models!  That is on top of the power to charge the battery.

Yeah, that's not good.

<<<<Wait.........you CANNOT charge a lithium battery if it is below freezing!!??

Nope

Well then that is CLEARLY a "no go" for northern tier Americans.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

For me it's a way that I try to limit my money from going to the middle east and the people who live there. I know that they will get some indirectly, but I do my best to keep it in this country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Orangeman opened up a lot of drilling (IIRC we added ANWAR drilling too,  something that the US talked about as far back as when W Bush was president) and fracking - we did ourselves a lot of good with that.

Naturally in order to get their totally 100% necessary globalist reset future (Which will hurt quality of life for millions and millions of people) the second Dementia Man was President, they wanted their high energy prices up.
So they can keep us running in place economically, so they can force people into the green crap, oh ans maaaaybe so their kids who have fall those foreign energy deals get money too.

"Artificially expensive" the story of hollowed out Blue cities and states, coming to a red state near you via national policies.
Making you poorer on purpose, one "whoopsie!" At a time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Won't really matter if you have a garage or home charger and aren't traveling distances where total range will become an issue in the cold weather.

An EV sitting in extreme cold/heat is going to use battery power to keep the batteries at a temperature that won't damage them.  Not an issue IF you can keep it plugged in.

Problem is, a LOT of people don't have garages or a good place to run a 240v outdoor outlet.  They can run to a charging station every few days I guess to keep the car topped off.  Sounds pretty inconvenient to me, especially since for at least the last 5 years sometimes I don't drive but once every two weeks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

As ranges increase to 400 and 500 miles over the next few years, this will matter even less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, at 500 miles I'd never think about it again.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

No way man.  They already made me do 60 days in a refinery before they let me buy my F-150.   Enough is enough.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now picture an employee parking lot in Minnesota on a -20F day.  Lithium ion batteries can't charge below 32F.  Nobody here seems to care about this, but they can't and it's a big problem.  In order to charge them at temperatures below 32F, the batteries must be heated, either by a resistive element or shunting power to the drive wheels which generates heat internally to the battery.  Both processes are incredibly inefficient and require a huge amount of power...as much as 10kW on some Tesla models!  That is on top of the power to charge the battery.

Yeah, that's not good.

<<<<Wait.........you CANNOT charge a lithium battery if it is below freezing!!??

Nope

I don't think you understand what he's saying.  You can charge an EV in the winter just fine.  There's just some overhead power wasted to do it.  It's not like it doesn't work or works poorly.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It doesn't really matter how effecient they are. Unless we cut back on our use of plastics, electronics, etc then we're going to be refining the oil and making the gas and diesel anyway. It needs to get used.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would take about a 25-35% increase in electricity generation over the span of a few decades to convert the entire fleet to EVs.

This would reduce our fuel consumption.

Electricity generation stations are waayyyy more efficient than small ICEs. Small ICEs are almost laughably inefficient.

It doesn't really matter how effecient they are. Unless we cut back on our use of plastics, electronics, etc then we're going to be refining the oil and making the gas and diesel anyway. It needs to get used.

And?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Recycling is nasty and from my understanding a dirtier process than manufacturing the batteries.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The big time bomb is going to be the resale value of EVs. My prediction is it is going to be shit. When the batteries are done, the replacement cost is going to exceed the value of the vehicle in many cases. Adam Smith's 'invisible hand' is about to bitch slap the EV world.

I think there is going to have to be both a secondary trade in market, and salvage operations by manufacturers, so you either sell your vehicle to a parts company that salvages it for the used market, or you trade it in when you upgrade and they recycle everything they can off it, including harvesting usable lithium (or whatever they will use eventually) from the old pack.

Right now I think something like less than 5% of batteries are recycled and if people think mining lithium is bad wait until they try to recycle it.  Lithium is the current and best tech we have right now but we're just swapping one problem for another this is of questionable value when you really look into.  Trading Opec for China isn't really in our best interest as a nation.  

Altair International Corp is working on tech to extract lithium for used cells.

The Pelosi's have their fingers into that company too, so I'm hoping there's something big in the works in the next few years as far as government corruption and handing out contracts goes.

Recycling is nasty and from my understanding a dirtier process than manufacturing the batteries.  

So? As long as it’s cheaper than mining new stuff, who cares?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have a Tesla. No way would I have one without a home charger. One of the nicer features is have a complete charge  every day. Not happening on a 110. Mine even has free supercharging for life, and a convenient location right on my way to/from work. Still wouldn't do it without a 240 at home.
View Quote
Don't all homes have 240 in the usa? if not I don't see why you couldn't get a second phase added.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Don't all homes have 240 in the usa? if not I don't see why you couldn't get a second phase added.
View Quote

There are a lot of older homes still running 60-100 amp mains (some even 30).
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Well, according to one poster even though I only posted the link I should write for Pravda. Even though the site is a conservative law site and one of the better ones at that.
So comrade, I do own a Subaru WRX and a GMC Canyon. Neither is electric. A lot of of my power and yard tools are now battery.
Have thought that a hybrid might just make sense for me though. Most trips aren't that far, having an ICE backup would be a nice option. The truck is used mostly for hunting trips and getting mulch every spring.
What I mostly wonder about though is the end of life of the batteries. Are they able to recycle the lithium and others like they do with lead acid batteries? Didn't sound like it in the article.
Thought the article was interesting, and I'm thinking my next vehicle might be a hybrid.
View Quote

I disavow anything written before 0600.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You are going to want a dedicated circuit.  Talk to an electrician and have them quote it.  They have more ways to skin that cat than you might expect.  Those guys know all the tricks to get power from Point A to Point B.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I'll have to get a quote. The main panel is on the side of the house outside. No way to fish a line to the garage for a dedicated circuit. It will have to be trenched, and go underneath a sidewalk.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never owned a home where I didn't upgrade the service at some point.  On #3 right now.  It's not too big of a deal.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I never owned a home where I didn't upgrade the service at some point.  On #3 right now.  It's not too big of a deal.
View Quote

Can you upgrade the service without having to upgrade everything downstream of it (legally) ?  I truly don't know.  

My current house is the first home I've lived in that has breakers and romex instead of fuses and BX or knob and tube.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Gas only.

Lithium mining is cancer to the planet.

It is all a liberal feel good failure to achieve the stated goal.

View Quote

It will overload an already strained electrical grid...won't work in -40° weather...getting rid of dead batteries buying new ones

Hybrids seem like a better idea
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Can you upgrade the service without having to upgrade everything downstream of it (legally) ?  I truly don't know.  

My current house is the first home I've lived in that has breakers and romex instead of fuses and BX or knob and tube.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not an electrician so I can't say for sure but I can't think of why you would.  Every time I had mine done it involved a new meter and new main panel and then all the old downstream stuff wired back in to the new panel.  Usually a grand or two to get it done iirc.

Don't take that as a highly educated opinion though.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm not an electrician so I can't say for sure but I can't think of why you would.  Every time I had mine done it involved a new meter and new main panel and then all the old downstream stuff wired back in to the new panel.  Usually a grand or two to get it done iirc.

Don't take that as a highly educated opinion though.

View Quote

I'll have to see if I can get in touch with an old acquaintance of mine who is an electrician.  I'm just not imagining many certified electricians would want the potential liability of putting in a new main and hooking up Eisenhower era bx or knob and tube wiring to the new panel.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Lol exactly how I read it. Then you read on to see that the vast majority of that 1 in 5 who switched back, did so because they were unable to charge the car where they live (renters.)

Seems like most early adopters are happy with the technology.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read this as "Four in Five Electric Car Owners in California Didn't Switch Back to Gas-Powered"

Lol exactly how I read it. Then you read on to see that the vast majority of that 1 in 5 who switched back, did so because they were unable to charge the car where they live (renters.)

Seems like most early adopters are happy with the technology.

1/5 despite CA's amazing public charging infrastructure.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

...and watch the robots do all the work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB8_HbrxUi8
View Quote

NICE!!  I could set that thing up just like a really big progressive press that makes batteries instead of reloads!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

An innovative, American made car is gay?

Stick to your rice burner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gas only.

Lithium mining is cancer to the planet.

It is all a liberal feel good failure to achieve the stated goal.

Yup.  EV's are fucking gay and I will never own one.

An innovative, American made car is gay?

Stick to your rice burner.

Gaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!

My "rice burner" Superduty was built in Kentucky  

Nice try
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This has been done here a million times, but in short, they hold no significant advantages over gasoline but have many drawbacks, especially here in northern climates where they are nothing more than a summer vehicle.  But muh 0-60, amirite?
View Quote

Yasssss bro. 0-60 gud.
Torque gud.
No mini mart stops, gud.
Zero maintenance, gud.
Work in “northern climates”, gud.
Carpool lane, gud.

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:03:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

We get it dude, you are anti Dyson Sphere.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:25:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
None of this matters.

You WILL have an electric car eventually, you will just have to alter your lifestyle to accommodate it.

Or take the bus.

Restricting personal mobility is one of the stated goals of the left.
View Quote

This man sees the forest amongst the trees.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:06:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yasssss bro. 0-60 gud.
Torque gud.
No mini mart stops, gud.
Zero maintenance, gud.
Carpool lane, gud.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has been done here a million times, but in short, they hold no significant advantages over gasoline but have many drawbacks, especially here in northern climates where they are nothing more than a summer vehicle.  But muh 0-60, amirite?

Yasssss bro. 0-60 gud.
Torque gud.
No mini mart stops, gud.
Zero maintenance, gud.
Carpool lane, gud.

Serious question. Can an EV do a burn out? Because that would be gud.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine, no. Traction control holds the tire firm, right on the ragged edge of burnout....

Maybe some of the Tesla’s with track mode? Not really sure.

would be gud tho.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yea I guess not. From what I've read some places have time limits on them so other people can have a turn.

But maybe it's better to have a level 2 at every spot? I can't imagine that's significantly cheaper though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have employees and a need to hire more.  If they all sucked 50 miles of range out of my meter per day we'd be talking about 15kwh per day per employee or about $1.95 per day at my current rates.

Would I pay basically $2 per day per employee as an incentive if it helped me attract good employees?  Yes, yes I would.  Even if it was double that amount.  That'd be a pittance compared to what I spend on healthcare, 401k, and PTO.  

EVs aren't popular around here yet at all so I don't offer it but I would roll it out in a heartbeat if I thought it would help.  I'm sure in certain labor markets, it absolutely does.

You're looking at like $50,000 to install a level 3 charger. Of course there are some tax incentives, but not that much.

Why on earth would you need level 3 charging in a parking lot?
Yea I guess not. From what I've read some places have time limits on them so other people can have a turn.

But maybe it's better to have a level 2 at every spot? I can't imagine that's significantly cheaper though.

Every spot? Put in the same number of them as you have handicapped spaces and call it a day.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Fed grant, tax credit, and a state credit. I looked into it and it covers approx 80% of the cost. 30% for the tax credit. Local power offered a 50% grant. The fed grant is restricted and I didn't qualify, which may reduce it even further.

I was looking at dropping one in right next to our main power box. It was going to run about 22k. ETA- that is for level 3. The Level 2 did not require the transformer and box addition, so it was significantly cheaper. The issue was the commercial charging station for cost, which was going to have it be about 12k before credits/grants/etc.

We have a few at some .gov locations that are solar powered only level 2 chargers, which look like they spent way too much on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're looking at like $50,000 to install a level 3 charger. Of course there are some tax incentives, but not that much.

Fed grant, tax credit, and a state credit. I looked into it and it covers approx 80% of the cost. 30% for the tax credit. Local power offered a 50% grant. The fed grant is restricted and I didn't qualify, which may reduce it even further.

I was looking at dropping one in right next to our main power box. It was going to run about 22k. ETA- that is for level 3. The Level 2 did not require the transformer and box addition, so it was significantly cheaper. The issue was the commercial charging station for cost, which was going to have it be about 12k before credits/grants/etc.

We have a few at some .gov locations that are solar powered only level 2 chargers, which look like they spent way too much on.

I know a federal facility that cut up their parking lot, ran service a good 200 yards from the supply, put in probably two dozen posts and wired them, and then didn't get the charging stations.

They'd sold it as a solar roof was going to supplement charging them, and then there was in-fighting over why the electric vehicles would get covered parking and how it would be made fair for the non-electric drivers, so the roof was cancelled and the deal was off.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Reading that article just tells me that 1 in 5 people didn't do their due diligence to understand the infrastructure requirements before buying an EV. The average commute in California in 2018 was about 40 miles round trip. On a 120v source you're only getting like 2-4miles per hour of charge in a Tesla. If you didn't have a level 2 charger at home and/or at the office you'd be pretty fucked unless there was a supercharger or something nearby your house.

Also I'd be curious if most of the people that switched back were earlier in the overall time frame (article says 2012-2018 in the study).
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Have faith, as Americana’s we will figure this electric car thing out!
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Mine, no. Traction control holds the tire firm, right on the ragged edge of burnout....

would be gud tho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

would be gud tho.

A P85 non “D” would be the best candidate. Decent battery and rwd. It is possible to defeat all the nannies but I’ve never tried, and mines a “D” anyway.

Mind you this is awd and a lot more power than a P85 would have
TESLA BUG EXPOSED * How to turn off all restrictions * donuts & Plaid Mode Discussion

8:00 for donuts
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

A P85 non “D” would be the best candidate. Decent battery and rwd. It is possible to defeat all the nannies but I’ve never tried, and mines a “D” anyway.

Mind you this is awd and a lot more power than a P85 would have
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4twHSIDMl-Q

8:00 for donuts
View Quote

OK, that’s it. I’m trying it in my 3.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don't think he is missing any point. Some people here genuinely think that you have to own a "backup" vehicle, because you fill one up at home and the other one has to be driven to a gas station to be filled.

You get he strangest arguments in EV threads.
View Quote

I mean if you want to go camping outside the paved tent resorts, pull a camper or boat any real distance, make long road trips outside major interstate corridors particularly without additional charging shops, being lumber home, it's not wrong. I loved my little shit box EV for trips around town and to work. It just wasn't cost effective to keep it around with how this state taxes EVs and insurance costs so I got rid of it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I mean if you want to go camping outside the paved tent resorts, pull a camper or boat any real distance, make long road trips outside major interstate corridors particularly without additional charging shops, being lumber home, it's not wrong. I loved my little shit box EV for trips around town and to work. It just wasn't cost effective to keep it around with how this state taxes EVs and insurance costs so I got rid of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think he is missing any point. Some people here genuinely think that you have to own a "backup" vehicle, because you fill one up at home and the other one has to be driven to a gas station to be filled.

You get he strangest arguments in EV threads.

Yeah, it appears the point actually shot right over his head.

I live in a cold weather climate.  It frequently runs -20F and colder here.

From the Tesla's owners manual:

Do not expose Model S to ambient temperatures above 140° F (60° C) or below -22° F (-30° C) for more than 24 hours at a time.

This happens to be the "S", but they all have the same statement.

Not only is this a secondary vehicle here, but it's a secondary vehicle that is required to be kept in a climate controlled setting without damaging it.  
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top