[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Good song
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#5]

<<< notes my own 20,000 posts and wonders if there is a need for some self reflection
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This could be true, and perhaps some selection bias.  Meaning, unhappy people are more likely to be online than spending quality time in the real world.

<<< notes my own 20,000 posts and wonders if there is a need for some self reflection
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a casual observation but those that seem to gleefully take part of it at any chance that they can get, are either living in a high stressful job and need a way to vent out to feel better about themselves or are living shitty lives and need an escape to mock at the unfortune of others. Sometimes we get to see those shitty or stressful lives being lived because they're going to inevitably post about on here or in team asking for privacy but have no issues with the public seeing them mocking dead people here in GD.

This could be true, and perhaps some selection bias.  Meaning, unhappy people are more likely to be online than spending quality time in the real world.

Lots of hobbies to do and people to spend that time with, we all should make the time for that instead of on here and other medias. Its already a messed up world with so much hate already. Why contribute to it? Makes no sense and is a bit appalling to seeing those wanting to participate in it. Very sad lives being lived with those people.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
these people would suffer psychotic breaks and commit suicide if they had ever been in a COD Modern Warfare lobby in the mid 2000's.

View Quote
good times

and there were plenty of red flags for the passengers to have changed their minds on taking the trip,hell you could have offered me 250k to take the trip and I wouldn't have allowed myself to be sealed inside the damn thing.
and the Logitech controller was probably the most fail proof thing on the sub

Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#8]
ZZ Top - Got Me Under Pressure (Live)

Boom Boom (Out Go The Lights)
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
these people would suffer psychotic breaks and commit suicide if they had ever been in a COD Modern Warfare lobby in the mid 2000's.

View Quote

Or spent 10 minutes at a Dice Clay or Sam Kinison concert.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sickened too. I'm sickened because Stockton Rush the CEO of OceanGate hated guys like me.

He hated old white guys. He hated me and I dont care if people make fun of him and his stupidity.

And I don't care if people don't like me. I've been hated for years and I'm used to it.

Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know if its been said.

The "media" covers bullshit stories like this one 24 hours a day for a week. In reality 87% of the populous doesn't give a damn. Its just garbage media coverage.

Meanwhile the world is burning to the ground. Government is stomping innocents like mad and the media is twiddling their thumbs. And somehow "we are the bad guys".

We are just abused children of alcoholic media trying to get by while the piss on us and tell us its raining.

Any "university", that offers a "journalism" course should just call is what it is. "Cock sucking".
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Queen - Under Pressure (Official Video)

The Little Mermaid - Under the Sea (from The Little Mermaid) (Official Video)

Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't know if its been said.

The "media" covers bullshit stories like this one 24 hours a day for a week. In reality 87% of the populous doesn't give a damn. Its just garbage media coverage.

Meanwhile the world is burning to the ground. Government is stomping innocents like mad and the media is twiddling their thumbs. And somehow "we are the bad guys".

We are just abused children of alcoholic media trying to get by while the piss on us and tell us its raining.

Any "university", that offers a "journalism" course should just call is what it is. "Cock sucking".
View Quote

May I subscribe to your newsletter?
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#14]
People deal with grief in a number of ways.

I can only pray I’m remembered in a tenth of the memes these people were.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#15]
What I don't think I'll ever understand is these multimillionaires/billionaires whatever, were fairly sharp dudes who probably did tons of risk analysis all the time to get to that station in life.
Then someone comes along and says hey for a quarter mil I'll take you down to 12,000 feet under the ocean in this carbon fiber tube.
I would have thought that would push alarm bells like crazy to them. Guess not.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxbusiness.com%2Ftechnology%2Ftitan-sub-tragedy-billionaire-jay-bloom-says-he-son-were-offered-seats-that-shahzada-dawood-son-19-took

Las Vegas billionaire real estate developer Jay Bloom revealed this week that he and his son had been offered two seats on the ill-fated Titan submersible but said he declined to join the expedition over safety concerns and scheduling issues.
==================
He also included several text exchanges with Rush, including one in which he informed the OceanGate co-founder, "My son’s friend researched what could go wrong and put a little scare in him. I’m trying to talk him down. He’s excited, but scared about the danger," after Rush had asked him when the two might be available.

Rush responded he was "happy to have a video call with him. Curious what the uninformed would say the danger is and whether it’s real or imagined."

The billionaire first shared that he had been invited on the expedition earlier in the week, when the submersible was still missing. "So this is crazy," he wrote, "I got invited to go on this dive. If I accepted, I would’ve been one of the five onboard right now."

His texts also showed that Rush had offered him a "last-minute" price of $150,000 rather than the standard $250,000 for a space on the Titan.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The internet has become a kind of collective subconscious.

Who’d a thunk that there would be unpleasant things in the subconscious?
View Quote

The electronic Id.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#17]
They can't stand the pressure
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#18]
They suffered a crushing defeat
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Just imagine the memes when the billionaire tourist's, joyriding spacecraft start blowing up..

This is all kind of the epitome of first world problems..
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just imagine the memes when the billionaire tourist's, joyriding spacecraft start blowing up..

This is all kind of the epitome of first world problems..
View Quote

Oh just imagine if Jeff Bezo’s space penis blows it’s load of astronuts all over
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Yup, seeing it here too, the worst ones are the "deserved to die because he was a GOP donor" ones.
How many of you would have called early aviators rich idiots that deserved to die in those contraptions?
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

They're not grieving.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#23]
People worried about social media jokes, when theres people actually acting out violence on others and society / the judicial system shrugs it off. Get fuked.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
People worried about social media jokes, when theres people actually acting out violence on others and society / the judicial system shrugs it off. Get fuked.
View Quote

The difference between your logical fallacy argument and this one? You can control how you're acting and being perceived as online as the individual, but we alone cannot control the the mobs of people that we're not the supervisors of. So pound sand.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He actively eschewed experience and competence.  It was a point of pride with him.  Fuck him, may the odds ever be against him and people like him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A composite carbon fiber deep submersible is kinda new territory, besides interval inspections and pressure testing what would’ve told them this would fail and at what moment?  Could active lifespan of the polymers even be gauged?

I haven’t heard of them doing any significant testing. Just collecting the empirical data necessary to develop the material allowables would probably cost more than their entire operation.

Then there’s the full scale testing that should have been done. You don’t bring one specimen up to limit load once and call it good.

Sadly none of them probably knew any better. I’m not convinced he was a greedy bastard, maybe just ignorant and inexperienced.

Well, he knew better than people with skill, credentials and experience. Thats pretty Karen. And he has no accountabilty- now.

He actively eschewed experience and competence.  It was a point of pride with him.  Fuck him, may the odds ever be against him and people like him.

Cultural Marxism ain't done yet. It's been careening through the medical field for decades and the STEM field is being infected with it like it's the Buebonic plague.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#27]
If they were offended by the memes, they ain't seen nothing yet.

The consequences of the class warfare we've been subjected to for the last several years...especially the last 4 or so...will show up in ways that will make them yearn for the sub memes.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A composite carbon fiber deep submersible is kinda new territory, besides interval inspections and pressure testing what would’ve told them this would fail and at what moment?  Could active lifespan of the polymers even be gauged?

I haven’t heard of them doing any significant testing. Just collecting the empirical data necessary to develop the material allowables would probably cost more than their entire operation.

Then there’s the full scale testing that should have been done. You don’t bring one specimen up to limit load once and call it good.

Sadly none of them probably knew any better. I’m not convinced he was a greedy bastard, maybe just ignorant and inexperienced.

Well, he knew better than people with skill, credentials and experience. Thats pretty Karen. And he has no accountabilty- now.

Was listening to the radio and heard the Brit's navy had experimented with cf subs and decided they had issues delaminating so they abandoned the concept..
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/online-mockery-titanic-submersible-leaves-cultural-observers-sickened-garbage-dump-vile-commentary

The tragic saga of a submersible that went missing during a voyage to see the wreckage of the Titanic came to an end on Thursday, as the five passengers aboard were declared dead following an apparent implosion of the small vessel.

But the story that captivated the planet, in part due to the ongoing fascination with the Titanic shipwreck, also revealed an ugly underbelly on social media of mockery and even disdain for those aboard.

"Like a digital Tower of Babel, social media is evolving into an increasingly ugly and chaotic space — a real-time repository for our worst impulses, uninspired musings, scatalogical humor and ill-formed thoughts that should be kept to ourselves," Los Angeles Times staff writer Jessica Gelt noted. It is an online Mall of America: vast, vacuous, relentlessly commercial and soul-sucking. And in a time of immense crisis — political, ecological, social — it has become a garbage dump of vile commentary publicly aired because that’s just what we do now."

The U.S. Coast Guard confirmed Thursday that a debris field found about 1600 feet from the bow of the Titanic is the missing OceanGate Titan submersible that was carrying the passengers. For the past week, there had been hope that the vessel could still be found intact before oxygen ran out.

During that time, with news coverage of the possible rescue mission saturating the airwaves, a number of factors contributed to it becoming ripe for acidic social media commentary and jokes. And while dark humor and mockery didn't change the fates of those aboard, it was still a sad reflection to some cultural observers about modern humanity.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1874/IMG_4923_jpeg-2861267.JPG

Who is going to be responsible for the 8D and 5 Why?  We are gonna need permanent corrective action in place ASAP
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I guess they missed the jokes about the Challenger. I was in grade school and remember almost immediately afterwards things like: What were the last words heard? "What's this red button do?"

Now, wishing people to die and saying things like so and so should have been in the sub is not great.

But joking about what happened is normal.

View Quote

My dad got super pissed at me for telling the need another seven astronauts joke.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#34]
The sharks are eating some Five Guys right about now
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm sickened too. I'm sickened because Stockton Rush the CEO of OceanGate hated guys like me.

He hated old white guys. He hated me and I dont care if people make fun of him and his stupidity.

And I don't care if people don't like me. I've been hated for years and I'm used to it.

View Quote

Billionaires hate all of us too.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Los Angeles Times journalist you say?

these are the type of people that spit on Military members, a lot of whom were drafted, when they came back from Vietnam.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yup, seeing it here too, the worst ones are the "deserved to die because he was a GOP donor" ones.
How many of you would have called early aviators rich idiots that deserved to die in those contraptions?
View Quote
These weren't early aviators.  They were tourists who paid good money to ride an SR-71, but instead got treated  to a Mach 3 attempt in a fiberglass kit plane with a rocket strapped to it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#38]
More people die in a car wreck commonly. I'm not mocking the loss of life. It's sad, as is all death. Mocking the media attention by making a joke out of it is why the internet was invented.

CNN all gaspy talking about "They may still be alive!!!1!" Who gives a fuck besides their family and friends?
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Opinions and all that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Lots of people die every day and I don’t care.

I don’t particularly care about this tragedy, but an overwhelming majority of the memes and mocking isn’t really dark humor, it’s just petty leftists literally celebrating the deaths of some wealthy people.

And I fucking hate commies.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#41]
So they want to control the narrative AND how we feel about it??
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Nobody fucking cares what you think, or how you feel. Get used to it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I feel for the families that have to suffer, but stupidity should be mocked.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#44]
cultural observer. what the actual fuck is that? pretty sure that is the clinical name for a "karen"
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Just wondering how many people out there are who are now changing the lyrics to the Beatles song, Yellow Submarine.....

PS:

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Intro/ Outro
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Why didn't they just coat the outside with this?-----------

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Why is the media trying to portray a specific narrative here?

Why do they want us to feel bad for the elites who died so tragically?

When they don't seem to give a rats ass about every day lives.

I read down through about the first paragraph of the copy paste text that was provided so no I didn't read much of the article.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

We can make that happen, but you need to put in the work as well.

You need to die fucking a goat.  We'll do the rest.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#49]
SUBMARINE TOUR OF THE TITANIC - $250,000 PER PERSON
SUBMARINE TOUR OF THE TITAN - $25 PER PERSON
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I am just a layman and not a seaologist, but it seems pretty clear that once the implosion happened, they should have just held their breath and swam into the Titanic to find a trapped air pocket.
View Quote

Yeah, they went from 15 PSI to 6000 PSI in a nanosecond.  They superheated compressed air probably flash incinerated everything in an instant before the water got to it.  At least they couldn't have possibly known it happened. Just poof. Gone.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top