BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
6 pages. Was expecting more funny memes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone needs to redo the lyrics from "Yellow Submarine " to "Tourist Submarine"

I feel there is potential
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it's pretty well-known that the water is turbid and murky around the wreck, so you can't see shit until you get close to it and then only a small section of it at a time. Juice not worth the squeeze IMO.

==========

What's the last thing Christa McAuliffe said before the shuttle exploded?
"What's this button for?"

What's the last thing that went through Christa McAuliffe's head as the shuttle exploded?
A piece of the shuttle's cargo bay doors.
View Quote
What color were Christa McAuliffe's eyes?

Blue.  One blew left and one blue right
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]

People have been mocking stupidity for AGES. It is featured in stories as old as civilization itself.

The internet didn't invent it.

This MF'er openly mocked getting safety certifications for his Craft. He thought he was the smartest guy in every room he walked into.

He even made a kooky ass accusation that the safety tests by independent experts was just an excuse by his "competitors" to keep him down.

So yeah, this dude absolutely deserves to be mocked for taking paying customers onto an experimental Submersible.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Someone needs to redo the lyrics from "Yellow Submarine " to "Tourist Submarine"

I feel there is potential
View Quote
In the town where I was born
lived 5 guys who sailed the sea
they told us of their lives
in the land of wannabe submarines

So they descended to the depths
til they found the pressure intense
they briefly lived beneath the waves
in a wannabe submarine

They briefly lived in an imploding submarine
imploding submarine, imploding submarine
they briefly lived in an imploding submarine

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've definitely noticed that phenomena here in the other thread.  Everyone there is smarter and a better engineer and a just plain better person than that guy was.

I'm pretty sure by the end of the day they will find out he was literally Satan, dragging his unknowing and helpless passengers down to hell
View Quote

Correct, glad you came around.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#9]
NVM

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is what happens when you really believe that reality is a socially constructed thing. Those 50 year old whites were going to tell him that his idea was stupid, so he got a bunch of kids to tell him what he wanted to hear. Since the middlemen were cut out, he had to learn about reality straight from the horse's very unforgiving mouth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cultural Marxism ain't done yet. It's been careening through the medical field for decades and the STEM field is being infected with it like it's the Buebonic plague.

This is what happens when you really believe that reality is a socially constructed thing. Those 50 year old whites were going to tell him that his idea was stupid, so he got a bunch of kids to tell him what he wanted to hear. Since the middlemen were cut out, he had to learn about reality straight from the horse's very unforgiving mouth.

And I hope it hurt
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And now for a relevant haiku:

You’re an idiot,
Playing submarine builder,
Now you’re fucking dead.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I just realized I haven't seen "sickitated" used in GD in a long time.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

People have been mocking stupidity for AGES. It is featured in stories as old as civilization itself.

This MF'er openly mocked getting safety certifications for his Craft. He thought he was the smartest guy in every room he walked into.

He even made a kooky ass accusation that the safety tests by independent experts was just an excuse by his "competitors" to keep him down.

So yeah, this dude absolutely deserves to be mocked for taking paying customers onto an experimental Submersible.
View Quote

Hadn't heard that, what a douche
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#16]
wait for it 3 strike rule

Inside the OceanGate Titan tragedy
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A dumbass with an opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is a "cultural observer?"    Is it of the same stupidity as an "influencer?"

A dumbass with an opinion.

A future Diversity Director for a Fortune 500 company.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Medias love for Pedojoe leaves me sickened.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cultural Marxism ain't done yet. It's been careening through the medical field for decades and the STEM field is being infected with it like it's the Buebonic plague.

Jordan Peterson did a talk thingy (it's on YouTube) with James Lindsay that puts a name on it. Unconstrained creativity. Their social constructs are not subjected to critical thinking or a counter-argument. It is just out there growing free. No one is editing their stupid thoughts. It's weeds and vines growing throughout the foundation of a successful society. We are living in the overgrown ruins.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I guess they missed the jokes about the Challenger. I was in grade school and remember almost immediately afterwards things like: What were the last words heard? "What's this red button do?"

Now, wishing people to die and saying things like so and so should have been in the sub is not great.

But joking about what happened is normal.

View Quote

To Bad Pedo Biden, Pelosi, Hitlery Rotten Crotch and Hanoi Jane weren't the other 4 in the..............................Submersible,

The only difficult thing to say is calling it a submersible, it was a deathtrap
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stockton Rush is (or rather, was ) one of those people about whom the more you read, the more you shake your head.

The guy was a complete and total idiot, a con man whose money insulated him from the natural results his idiocy until he found out that Nature is far less forgiving than humans.  And he got away with it because his wealth and confidence gave him an aura of respectability which the Media didn't question.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#23]

A 13er got me to laugh out loud
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am just a layman and not a seaologist, but it seems pretty clear that once the implosion happened, they should have just held their breath and swam into the Titanic to find a trapped air pocket.
View Quote

Copypasta worthy. We need to find a pic of the chick who said it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just a casual observation but those that seem to gleefully take part of it at any chance that they can get, are either living in a high stressful job and need a way to vent out to feel better about themselves or are living shitty lives and need an escape to mock at the unfortune of others. Sometimes we get to see those shitty or stressful lives being lived because they're going to inevitably post about on here or in team asking for privacy but have no issues with the public seeing them mocking dead people here in GD.

Hopefully no one will come in here telling me I am wrong, that happens to also be one of the above so I can remind them that they are incorrect and then remind them of the threads they've made posting their woes

Then there are actual communists who like the ACAB'er twits, will say the eat the rich edge lord because they are inhuman POS's and should be fed to something in minecraft, of course.

However I agree that being deliberately stupid should be mocked but at those who really didn't know any better or not even their fault, is where I draw the line.

View Quote

I engage in it because my job is high stress and relatively high risk. And, I know I’ll be mocked on Arf if I fuck up and kill a bunch of people.

Just getting my licks in early.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There’s been a lot of tasteless memes in regard to this missing sub….how can people sink so low?
View Quote

Probably because they're under pressure.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
These weren't early aviators.  They were tourists who paid good money to ride an SR-71, but instead got treated  to a Mach 3 attempt in a fiberglass kit plane with a rocket strapped to it.
View Quote

This. X1000.

Nobody mocked Howard Hughes for flight testing his own designs. It almost cost him his life a few times.

But, what he didn’t do was design a plane using untested materials, declare it good to go and start carrying passengers, operating it beyond the limits of what some of its components were certified to withstand.

People didn’t question Stockton Rush because he was one of them—he was a wealthy, successful entrepreneur who spoke the same language and had a similar background to the wealthy passengers he marketed his product to. Surely a man of success and wealth would have done his due diligence in the construction and operation of this sub. Right?

Of course there are also a lot of rich guys who, because they’re successful at one thing, think they know a lot about everything and lead with their massive egos. It would be a sign of weakness to not take the trip. Let’s do this!

I’m not an engineer but, I’m smart about some things. I don’t trust carnival rides that are trucked from place to place and assembled by people with a lower IQ and motivation than my dog. And, they’re not drug tested.

I would sure as hell do my due diligence before getting on a submersible or a privately operated spaceship. I just quit a job flying GIV’s because I was seeing some shady maintenance issues going on. Trust but verify…in all aspects of life.

Those passengers (other than the kid) trusted but didn’t verify. They fucked up and paid the price. The memes are just a warning for those considering something like this in the future.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So they want to control the narrative AND how we feel about it??
View Quote

That’s how Liberals roll. You can’t think, feel or say anything out of step with The Narrative.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why is the media trying to portray a specific narrative here?

Why do they want us to feel bad for the elites who died so tragically?

When they don't seem to give a rats ass about every day lives.

I read down through about the first paragraph of the copy paste text that was provided so no I didn't read much of the article.
View Quote

In Libtard World, (the chosen) elites are above reproach or criticism.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#30]
What’s lower than whale shit?

The Titan and her crew.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#31]
There were "Challenger" jokes back in the 80's.  Did you know Christa Mcacaluliff had dandruff?  They found here head and shoulders on the beach lolololololooo

But we did not have the internet then either.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There were "Challenger" jokes back in the 80's.  Did you know Christa Mcacaluliff had dandruff?  They found here head and shoulders on the beach lolololololooo

View Quote

I heard the same joke with actor Vic Morrow in '82.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Indeed, I don't care about some rich idiots, I do enjoy having a laugh though.
View Quote

Unbridled hubris is always worth mocking as an object lesson.  Icarus had a vision as well.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you hear Princess Diana was on the radio?

And the steering wheel, and the dashboard.....
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't think he was stupid, I heard he was the youngest licencened commercial pilot ever @ 19.. can't remember what carrier he was flying with, I think it was foreign, Canadian possibly.

Clearly he was a jackass... anyone that can pour piss out of a boot knows deep water environment is unforgiving similar to space beyond our atmosphere... you absolutely do not shortcut or blow off safety and certification measures.

Can't cheat nature pilgrim, anyone in possession of common sense and value for his own life understands it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Why is there such a thing as a cultural observer?
View Quote

They failed the test to work at starbucks.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I wonder how far a chicken egg can go down.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wonder how far a chicken egg can go down.
View Quote
I've been wondering that, too.

IF you hold a Raw Egg in your hand a Certain way, no matter how hard you squeeze, the shell Will Not Crack.
Pressure Equalization being the key here.

So if you made a Properly made sphere of Hollow Glass it should easily make it to the bottom of the deepest ocean without breaking.
Same thing with an egg.

So some .ORG or .GOV with an Authentic and Working Deep Sea Submersible should be able to film the Subject(s) at Deep Depths and show how Properly Designed Objects Can Too Survive crushing pressures.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Stuff like this certainly isn't helping with being solemn about this event:

View Quote

Was probably seen as a rule because someone tested it and found it doesn't work.
What a dumbass.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In the town where I was born
lived 5 guys who sailed the sea
they told us of their lives
in the land of wannabe submarines

So they descended to the depths
til they found the pressure intense
they briefly lived beneath the waves
in a wannabe submarine

They briefly lived in an imploding submarine
they briefly lived in an imploding submarine

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#42]
curious what the advantage to a carbon fiber / Ti hull to a straight stainless steel-hulled vessel ?

can't be any cheaper, I suppose lighter,
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#43]
I am kind of shocked at the lack of sensitivity and empathy. It's just cruel and shallow and not funny in any sense.

YES they were dumb as a pile of rocks. I got that. Yeah, there was multiple levels of failure from everyone involved, I get that.

Keep in mind though NONE of us are immune from colossal stupidity and failure.  And unless you are God, you will likely screw up in a major way with cherry on top at some point in your life.  I am going to go on a limb here and assume most of us here drive internal combustion engines and fly in heavier than air aircraft. In addition to relying on other complicated machinery during the day.

I think every day you don't get

I feel sorry for them.   Even stupid people deserve empathy and support.  Stupidity is not a sin.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
WAAAAAAA!!!!

Fucking "50 year old white guys" comment and woke "inspirational" bullshit bites the CEO DIRECTLY in the ass, and results in his death and the death of four others.

That 30 year old "inspirational" engineer will be the expert the 50 year old white guy is in 20 years, after gaining two decades of experience.  The experience and expertise summarily dismissed by the CEO as a non-factor.
Fuck that guy, he got what he bargained for.
It's unfortunate he took out 4 other people with him.
View Quote

Quoted for truth.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am kind of shocked at the lack of sensitivity and empathy. It's just cruel and shallow and not funny in any sense.

YES they were dumb as a pile of rocks. I got that. Yeah, there was multiple levels of failure from everyone involved, I get that.

Keep in mind though NONE of us are immune from colossal stupidity and failure.  And unless you are God, you will likely screw up in a major way with cherry on top at some point in your life.  I am going to go on a limb here and assume most of us here drive internal combustion engines and fly in heavier than air aircraft. In addition to relying on other complicated machinery during the day.

I feel sorry for them.   Even stupid people deserve empathy and support.  Stupidity is not a sin.
View Quote

I feel bad for the passengers, especially the teen, but nothing is above humor. Even if it is dark humor.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What color were Christa McAuliffe's eyes?

Blue.  One blew left and one blue right
View Quote

Another period piece of dark humor was "NASA: "Need Another Seven Astronauts"
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

and I thought I was clever in middle school making the same joke about Princess Di.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 1:55:44 AM EDT
[#48]
We Landed On The Moon
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 1:59:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Why is there such a thing as a cultural observer?
View Quote
Exactly my question.  And what cultures, exactly, are off limits from being "observed"?  We know the answer for Arfcom already.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

But comedy/satire is part of the healing process, and it could help other dummies realize before they do stupid things.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top