Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Come on 18!!!!!!
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Come on OP, just man up and tell her you threw them away, and that you’re done with her.

No need for all this drama.
View Quote
Then why are you here?
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Like young hot Courtney Cox or old fucked up Courtney Cox?
View Quote
Does it really fucking matter?  Older fucked up CC wants to take in the can and you got a problem with that?
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Then why are you here?
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't want you to leave.  Just letting you know I was gonna tone down my banter because others are concerned and its not my thread.  I don't want to ACCIDENTALLY get somebody elses thread locked.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m just here to show off my shotgun. Meat from bones and all that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I didn't want you to leave.  Just letting you know I was gonna tone down my banter because others are concerned and its not my thread.  I don't want to ACCIDENTALLY get somebody elses thread locked.
View Quote
No worries on account of me. I obviously misinterpreted the tone of your banter.

Carry on!
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

'Cause you're fuckin' fired!

View Quote
Like a champ.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
List them on Craigslist
View Quote
Use her cell number as the contact.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
List them on Craigslist
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
List them on Craigslist
master level trolling
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My neighbor would come out shooting with these sign stands that he got somewhere. They had targets on them already and I never really thought about where they came from.
Turns out this was the same kind of real estate BS, and after they were basically destroyed, he would take the targets off and put them back
View Quote
I did that with  a sign the roofer left in the yard after my roof job.
Taped targets to it, shot the shit out of it, took the targets off and put it back in my yard.
"whistling.." well, look at that, huh....
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just give her back the signs, and tell her if she ever does it again you're going to file charges for trespassing and vandalism (or whatever they call it in your state). Problem solved.

BTW, if you caught her in the act why didn't you ask her not to?
View Quote
I wouldn't be surprised that if what the OP did isn't a crime in Oregon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm just here to see if it makes it to 21 pages for 21 signs.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've never heard of protections for those signs outside of political ones in right of ways.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good thing he is in Texas.  We good down here.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I've never heard of protections for those signs outside of political ones in right of ways.
View Quote
It's not the signs.  it's the "willful removal of someones property without contacting the owner" etc.  Like found money can't just be kept.  Even if it's on your property.

I'm not at all sure about whether the signs fall into that kind of thing, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm just here to show off my shotgun. Meat from bones and all that. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/131934/992B9C43-02DD-4256-B39B-C62619F53B62-1026452.jpg
View Quote
Now that's some quality footwear!
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Actually, if he had confronted her about her signs and his private property, that would have probably gotten him prison time in OR.  She was entitled to post her signs to sell a minority owned property to a non American family needing shelter after their long journey on his private property, and not be harassed about it.  Stupid rich land owner...

Gotta think like a good liberal.  Nobody is responsible for their actions, except certain folks, like rich land owners, white people, etc.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Somebody's gonna get roofing nails thrown on his driveway.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, dont put shit on other peoples property without permission... oh well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just give her back the signs, and tell her if she ever does it again you're going to file charges for trespassing and vandalism (or whatever they call it in your state). Problem solved.

BTW, if you caught her in the act why didn't you ask her not to?
View Quote
OP relishes the drama and was probably afraid to confront her directly.

Edit to add: the realtor is still the one to blame for using his property without his consent. Everything beyond it is just childish.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I did that with  a sign the roofer left in the yard after my roof job.
Taped targets to it, shot the shit out of it, took the targets off and put it back in my yard.
"whistling.." well, look at that, huh....
View Quote
ARFCOM.  Home of the passive-aggressive personality.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Have you looked at gun laws in Hawaii? You can say goodbye to most of your collection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yah, NoVA sucks.  

This was actually a call about property in Hawaii - where we plan to build our retirement house.
Have you looked at gun laws in Hawaii? You can say goodbye to most of your collection.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I guess when she saw a guy with socks/sandals on, hanging out in a vacant lot...... she under estimated who she was messing with.
View Quote
Very nice!  
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I’m just here to show off my shotgun. Meat from bones and all that. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/131934/992B9C43-02DD-4256-B39B-C62619F53B62-1026452.jpg
View Quote
I just spit my drink out  OMG
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Eh.  If she called and asked, simple enough to ask her not to do it again and to return the signs.  Instead she went full bully mode and threatened dramatic, unwarranted escalation.  She shouldn’t be surprised if she never sees those signs again.  I find many people will try to be helpful, even if the mistake is your own, as long as you aren’t an asshole about it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quality realtor bashing thread, OP.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some years ago, there was some drama in the news about a Nashville councilwoman.  Someone decided to run against her, and made an issue over whether or not she even lived in Tennessee.  Seems she was working at a (if my memory isn't off) drug rehab clinic in a northern state, so there was some basis for her opponent's claims.

In the midst of all this, some businessman paid one of his employees to remove some signs that had been placed on a lot that he owned in the councilwoman's district.  While the employee was removing the signs, a guy pulled up and confronted him, then went off about how he couldn't remove the signs (threats, bogus claims about the law, etc).  As I recall, things escalated to the point of the police having to get involved, with at least threats (from both sides) of charges being filed.

The guy that had put the signs there, then came back and started threatening the employee that had been told to remove them, was a relative of the councilwoman, and they were her campaign signs (placed on private property, without asking anybody for permission).

As I recall, she lost.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Update

She found my personal cell phone number and just called 5 times and left 5 threatening messages.

Wondered which website she found my personal number?  Employees do not give out the number.

This is getting better by the hour.
View Quote
Just call TREC. They will T-REC her ass. I had to file a complaint with them over a serious contract fuck up. Realtor called my wife a couple hours later in hysterical tears. Didn't end her career, but I think they ripped her a new one that will take years to heal.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's not the signs.  it's the "willful removal of someones property without contacting the owner" etc.  Like found money can't just be kept.  Even if it's on your property.

I'm not at all sure about whether the signs fall into that kind of thing, but it wouldn't surprise me.
View Quote
Considering Oregon gives squatters more rights than landowners, I wouldn't be surprised.

In OP's case, she clearly had the means and opportunity to ask for permission in advance, yet chose not to. To make matters worse, she escalated the situation to threats before even having a chance to talk to OP.

She gets no sympathy from me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Attachment Attached File

Who’s a good boy????

I am! I’m a good boy!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
Fuck, now we’re going to get milkman’s retread account in here.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Dog on left:  Food?  Food?  Do you have food?

Dog on right:  Are those crocs? Are you fucking serious?
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Remind me to never move to Oregon.
Found money cant just be kept, even if it's on your property, my ass.
Money on my property? Guess who it belongs to? Guess.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
The people! You don't get how this game works, do you?

Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I am pretty confident that if an armored car crashed and flipped in the street in front of your property, and a bag of money landed in your lawn ... and you kept it, you would be charged with a crime (if caught).

But, I am not a penguin, so maybe I am wrong.
View Quote
Theft by finding.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I can't believe that some Arfcom sleuths haven't located her picture yet, given the info OP posted on her.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#41]
FFS, I honestly wonder how some of you manage to get through your day to day lives with the social skills you have. I thought I was a grumpy asshole, but even I don't trash other people's property without at least giving them an hour or two to come get it.

But hey, if enemies are your thing OP, you're doing a fine job. Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
FFS, I honestly wonder how some of you manage to get through your day to day lives with the social skills you have. I thought I was a grumpy asshole, but even I don't trash other people's property without at least giving them an hour or two to come get it.

But hey, if enemies are your thing OP, you're doing a fine job. Good luck with that.
View Quote
Meh....you do you.  I don't think anybody would fault you for it.  OP did absolutely nothing wrong legally or morally, whereas the realtor did.

If you don't see that, well ok, keep doing you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Put one of the signs back on your property. One a day, for the next 21 days.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I am pretty confident that if an armored car crashed and flipped in the street in front of your property, and a bag of money landed in your lawn ... and you kept it, you would be charged with a crime (if caught).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well yeah, that actually happens all the time in my cul-de-sac.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea what you are trying to say. "The People"? What about them? What people?
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#46]
I speed scanned through 18 pages of this for nothing. Kick some ass, OP!
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's how we nabbed our first two looters on the night of the King Riots.  "Do you have a receipt for that stuff?"  "No.   We found it."   "What do you plan to do with it?"  "Keep it."  Wrong answer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#48]
This thread didnt seem worth 18 pages.
Did OP fuck the realtor or something?
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol oregon.   intent... the realtor knowingly placed and left (abandonment) the signs on op's property vs an armored truck accidentally crashing and losing items because of are very different.  if op shows up and the armored truck full of money and rotting corpses have been there for time,  a reasonable person is expected to believe....what?  its not like op is the infamous kill it with fire arfcom spider everyone is afraid of. he did what a reasonable would do.

summary: op shows up and sees whatever and goes "wtf is this shit."
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#50]
@nathaniel_hawkins

See if your phone numbers are listed here

https://www.familytreenow.com/

Disregard if I’m late to the party as usual
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top