Quoted:

Is that how Trump did it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take more money from American consumers, use it to fuel Big Government?

I'd write it so it directly pays off the debt.

Is that how Trump did it?

I don't know. Not sure how that all works.

But fuck China.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Trump was breaking USA dick off in China.

China releases virus perfectly timed to influence election

It’s all so obvious.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll try to explain this in small words for small minds.

My wife needs a new mixer. Let's say an American mixer is $500 and a Chinese mixer is $100. I simply cannot afford a $500 mixer.

If you place a 100% tariff on the Chinese mixer I will still not be able to afford the American mixer. I'll have to pay the government an extra $100 to buy the Chinese mixer for $200. The economy took a hit because I might have spent that $100 on American products and services but instead I lost that money to taxes to be wasted.

Now raise the price of the Chinese mixer to $500. $400 goes to taxes and $100 to China........but it doesn't, because I cannot afford $500. The money has less value than it did and I cannot afford either.

Now all the Americans who would have made a profit off the Chinese mixer make nothing and they buy less from any source including America. I buy sonething else or buy used.

Every fucking body loses.....
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Money going to China is advantageous to us. It reinforces who their daddy is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They just pass the cost to is so wtf good does it do lol

It changes consumer behavior and brings manufacturing back to the US.  Which means more jobs and more domestic wealth creation with less of our local wealth being transferred overseas.

That is patently ridiculous. The tariffs do nothing to make the cost of US goods cheap enough to compete with Chinese goods.

They just make the consumer spend a bit more on Chinese stuff which simply takes that money out of the economy so there is less money available to buy America goods.

The money stays in the US economy, rather than going to China.

Money going to China is advantageous to us. It reinforces who their daddy is.

Not really.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
CHEAPER PRICES ARE BETTER.

Says the chamber of commerce simps until everyone is working at CCPMart making minimum wage and every city looks like San Francisco.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We have had 5 local shops that specialize in smaller injection mold dies shut in the last 5 months. I've talked to 2 of the owners and they sad they can no long compete with dies coming from China.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We win that fight daily. You just think we should make rubber dog shit here instead of awesome shit that we do every day.

We have had 5 local shops that specialize in smaller injection mold dies shut in the last 5 months. I've talked to 2 of the owners and they sad they can no long compete with dies coming from China.

Then they should have shut down.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#7]
If Ron becomes President, Amazon stock to the moon!

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It will hurt, the change needs to be gradual. Things will correct better in time.

But at least you won't be living under Chinese Communist control, as that's where we are headed. The Chinese are leveraging our Corporations, to control our Government. For their benefit. How do you think this train ride ends?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is patently ridiculous. The tariffs do nothing to make the cost of US goods cheap enough to compete with Chinese goods.

They just make the consumer spend a bit more on Chinese stuff which simply takes that money out of the economy so there is less money available to buy America goods.

So you would buy Chinese at the same prices, or higher than American?

The chinese product is often 25% or less the cost of the American product.

If you raise the cost of the Chinese product to match the American product that I could not afford, now I buy no fucking thing....at all. You don't get my money. The Chinese don't get my money. The government does get my money. I spend it on something else....

It will hurt, the change needs to be gradual. Things will correct better in time.

But at least you won't be living under Chinese Communist control, as that's where we are headed. The Chinese are leveraging our Corporations, to control our Government. For their benefit. How do you think this train ride ends?

This ends with idiots like you starving millions of people to death from shear stupidity.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I buy American goods and I buy Chinese goods.

If you tax me when I have to buy a Chinese product because I cannot afford an equivalent American product, you do nothing  that would raise my buying power so I can afford the American product that I cannot afford. Now I have even less money to buy an American product later.

Taxing me more just removed money in the economy and less goods are bought over all.  Less American and Chinese goods are bought. The taxed money is just wasted by the government.

Dear, God. Can this be any simpler?  Can you protectionists be any more retarded?
View Quote

There are other places to make goods. We are in a war with China. If you can’t afford Chinese goods then maybe you can afford Mexican goods and they can have decent jobs in Mexico and stay there instead of coming here.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My wife needs a new mixer. Let's say an American mixer is $500 and a Chinese mixer is $100. I simply cannot afford a $500 mixer.

If you place a 100% tariff on the Chinese mixer I will still not be able to afford the American mixer. I'll have to pay the government an extra $100 to buy the Chinese mixer for $200. The economy took a hit because I might have spent that $100 on American products and services but instead I lost that money to taxes to be wasted.

Now raise the price of the Chinese mixer to $500. $400 goes to taxes and $100 to China........but it doesn't, because I cannot afford $500. The money has less value than it did and I cannot afford either.

Now all the Americans who would have made a profit off the Chinese mixer make nothing and they buy less from any source including America. I buy sonething else or buy used.

View Quote
You could afford a $500 mixer if tariffs kept good middle class jobs over here.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

It'd be cheaper if you moved to China. Why don't you move to China?

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If we impose tariffs on Chinese goods that doesn't mean they just ship us stuff for free.  They still make their money.  In cases where the demand is high enough like for electronics that we don't even have the capacity to make here anymore, they won't have to worry about it at all.  We just pay more and our government gets more tax money.  Funny how that always seems to work out that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we impose tariffs on Chinese goods that doesn't mean they just ship us stuff for free.  They still make their money.  In cases where the demand is high enough like for electronics that we don't even have the capacity to make here anymore, they won't have to worry about it at all.  We just pay more and our government gets more tax money.  Funny how that always seems to work out that way.

What happens is domestic manufacturing or manufacturing outside of China increases. Both are a win for us.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There are other places to make goods. We are in a war with China. If you can’t afford Chinese goods then maybe you can afford Mexican goods and they can have decent jobs in Mexico and stay there instead of coming here.
View Quote

I'm using a binary choice to help the tariff tax idiots understand.  They are having a hard time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

This ends with idiots like you starving millions of people to death from shear stupidity.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your tariffs will destroy all jobs.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

And if the US company was producing at greater scale, that also means cheaper goods.

But we really aren't even at the buy American phase, we are just at the get out of China phase, there are other countries with cheaper labor you know.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

You fell for yet another post war lie pushed by globalists.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck yea.
Make Harbor Freight great again.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm using a binary choice to help the tariff tax idiots understand.  They are having a hard time.
View Quote

I'm sorry, but we understand the issue better than you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We give China billions of dollars. Are you not fucking paying attention? We waste trillions on other countries. Did you even think about this before you typed it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It changes consumer behavior and brings manufacturing back to the US.  Which means more jobs and more domestic wealth creation with less of our local wealth being transferred overseas.

We give China billions of dollars. Are you not fucking paying attention? We waste trillions on other countries. Did you even think about this before you typed it?

I work with this shit every damned day. Uneven trade practices with China has ruined many important American industries.  Targeted tariffs will help to correct things but it will take years to fix it. You guys pretending our trade with China is not a big problem are absolutely kidding yourselves.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative. Trump fucked China so hard they launched biowarefare.

We need to act like the super power we are, instead of the pussy we’ve become in just 2.5 years.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#22]
The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design. FA Hayek
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you raise the cost of the Chinese product to match the American product that I could not afford, now I buy no fucking thing....at all. You don't get my money. The Chinese don't get my money. The government does get my money. I spend it on something else....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good, as long as you don’t enrich China with it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take more money from American consumers, use it to fuel Big Government?

Or builds the wall.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it doesn’t.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We win that fight daily. You just think we should make rubber dog shit here instead of awesome shit that we do every day.

Don’t worry, they can get jobs at Walmart so they can afford cheap slave labor manufactured Chinese shit.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#27]
I other words, Ron Desantis favors a capital surplus.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I work with this shit every damned day. Uneven trade practices with China has ruined many important American industries.  Targeted tariffs will help to correct things but it will take years to fix it. You guys pretending our trade with China is not a big problem are absolutely kidding yourselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think you can control the global market. How cute.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

So buy the mixer from Mexico for $101.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can’t even grasp that there are more than 2 countries on the planet.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like desantis doesn’t understand we’re at war with China. Have been for 20 years.

And his swamp ass won’t stand up for America. America First!!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ll build the wall, and Mexico will pay for it!
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don’t worry, they can get jobs at Walmart so they can afford cheap slave labor manufactured Chinese shit.
View Quote

Or they could make shit more efficiently or something else. I compete with China daily and win. Their quality sucks on lots of stuff and that can be exploited to win without higher taxes.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn’t a binary choice, you are completely missing the whole point.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#35]
What the fuck?  Let’s just continue to rely on them for half the shit we need right up until they bomb us and our allies.

Even Biden has left tariffs in place.  Even after all the Dems shitting on it for years now that shit stains is president they haven’t said a peep.  Because they know it’s what we need to do to prepare our country for the future.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I compete with China daily and win.
View Quote
If you can't even afford a $500 blender, I disagree.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#37]
The US needs an ABC Supply Chain - Anywhere But China.

Tariffs are the key to this.

US should add +1% tariff per month on all Chinese imports.

End of year 1, 12% tariffs. Year 4, 48% tariffs. By year 10, its 120%, by year 20 its 240%, and by then we will have likely ended trade with China.

Tariffs have already helped with changing country of origin:

https://archive.ph/mSoKU

"Imports of Chinese goods that were subjected to the highest US tariffs, were 22% lower in mid-2022 vs 2018; imports of Chinese goods that were not subject to US tariffs during the trade war were up 50%." --> Increasing Tariffs is essential for Decoupling from China.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sounds like desantis doesn't understand we're at war with China. Have been for 20 years.

And his swamp ass won't stand up for America. America First!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like desantis doesn't understand we're at war with China. Have been for 20 years.

And his swamp ass won't stand up for America. America First!!!!
That's why he banned China from buying agriculture land in Florida... you Trump cultists are SAD.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm using a binary choice as an example for idiots so they can try to understand the concept. Of course you knew that, right?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:41:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Therein lies your problem. You think you are having an economic discussion but you’re really arguing with the magabots. If daddy trump told them tariffs were bad they would parrot it.  But their lord has said tariffs are good and a political opponent has taken the opposite approach. No level of evidence will convince them unless their lord tells them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If you can't even afford a $500 blender, I disagree.
View Quote

It was an easy to understand example for morons
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don’t even understand that there is a global market, and tariffs against China will absolutely take money out of China.

You seem to be missing the fact that China has been waging war against us for decades.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If Ron becomes President, Amazon stock to the moon!

View Quote
Might want to look at how Amazon stock did after these checks were sent out, hoss.

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Anybody want to touch on Chinese manipulation of their Yuan and weakening it against the dollar in response to tariffs?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What the fuck?  Let’s just continue to rely on them for half the shit we need right up until they bomb us and our allies.

Even Biden has left tariffs in place.  Even after all the Dems shitting on it for years now that shit stains is president they haven’t said a peep.  Because they know it’s what we need to do to prepare our country for the future.
View Quote

Biden left taxes on the people in place. Try to keep up. Biden loves tax revenue. You'd have to be colossaly stupid to think he cares about the source. China paid him millions.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Or they could make shit more efficiently or something else. I compete with China daily and win. Their quality sucks on lots of stuff and that can be exploited to win without higher taxes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their quality sucks on everything but they target markets to destroy competition. They don’t have to make a profit over there. They use slave labor. They can afford to lose money until the drive their competitors out of business.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You don’t even understand that there is a global market, and tariffs against China will absolutely take money out of China.

You seem to be missing the fact that China has been waging war against us for decades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Tariffs are paid by the consumer. All business taxes are paid by the consumer. Fuck.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sounds like desantis doesn’t understand we’re at war with China. Have been for 20 years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A war where China ships us physical goods and we send them green paper or numbers on a screen?

What % of chinese imports are inputs for American manufacturers? What happens to those manufacturers when their raw and intermediate goods cost goes up?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm using a binary choice as an example for idiots so they can try to understand the concept. Of course you knew that, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a false choice that gives a false picture, so you are either disingenuous or you don’t understand.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#50]
All of the Statist, Big Gov, RINOS are pro china

See Cocaine Mitch

F THE CCP

By extension, F GD'S SACRED COW HOLOSUN
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top