BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 44
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So who are the shooters in that picture? What is their criteria for "mass shooter"? Identify them and the source it came from. You have to do better than to spread some internet meme and present it as fact.

[ETA] This is creating a false narrative. The cases we're talking about with one guy going apeshit and randomly executing people ARE young-ish white males aged 20-30 for the most part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typically, no, they are not. Here's a photo collage, current as of Aug. 5th.

https://i.imgur.com/8o0vL60.jpg
So who are the shooters in that picture? What is their criteria for "mass shooter"? Identify them and the source it came from. You have to do better than to spread some internet meme and present it as fact.

[ETA] This is creating a false narrative. The cases we're talking about with one guy going apeshit and randomly executing people ARE young-ish white males aged 20-30 for the most part.
I know we hate Snopes, but it's a pretty good analysis of it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mass-shooter-shooting-mugshots/
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm still trying to find a better copy of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glp7EW6l85w
View Quote
Find that officers body cam.

Guy knows how to close and unload
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
After every one of these shootings people get on this General discussion section and don't admit to what's really happening they Pander and intellectually masturbate. We have a problem with white male Mass Shooters. Not to mention the opioid epidemic which is killing over 50,000 people a year. But I noticed people on here can talk about the ghetto this and ghetto that.??
View Quote
That’s nice, dear.  Log out and fuck off.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Everyone with an opinion that isn’t yours=racist.

Didn’t even see what the purse swinging is about, but any asshole that can’t argue on merit, logic, and evidence and instead pulls out the racist card instantly earns a block from me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Racists stick together...who wholda thunk it.

Didn’t even see what the purse swinging is about, but any asshole that can’t argue on merit, logic, and evidence and instead pulls out the racist card instantly earns a block from me.
I agree with you.
I'm so sick of people that use the racist bullshit everytime somebody disagrees, has different idea, OPINION or calls them an idiot for actually being stupid with what they are saying.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Rookies don't go through FTO alone. Probably a FTO and his new hire.
View Quote
My thoughts as well.  The only time I was ever pulled over by a DPS car and there were two in the vehicle the 2nd trooper was very obviously a young gal who just got hired as she was just watching and learning as I talked to the old man.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it just me, or does this whole thing look like a live-action mission from one of the GTA games...?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

EXACTLY. So ask yourself: "What is more likely":
1) The cops, investigators, etc are ALL in on it and not a single one comes forward to expose some cover-up, or
2) The facts are just as we're being told.

Occam's razor wins every time. The reason we don't know anything about the Las Vegas shooting is because there's nothing to know; the shooter really was an enigma that went nuts without any indication. Maybe the reason there's no information about this latest shooters is because releasing information would compromise the investigation. It is precisely because I trust most Americans to be decent and honest folks that I don't buy into conspiracy theory nonsense. There is no way to have potentially hundreds of people involved and ALL of them be corrupt and willing to suppress the "truth". Even if some of the people involved were to try to push an agenda, you couldn't silence all dissenters. Heck, the President of the US couldn't keep a soiled blue dress from making the news. It simply does not happen.
View Quote
That's kind of the point with most all of these events.  The recent shooters were spoiled brats who were running up the score in their heads.  Insane behavior will never make sense to those who aren't crazy.

Las Vegas still doesn't pass the smell test.  The Sherriff was very disturbed by something other than the shootings.

I can't discount that many of these were left leaning crazies.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two things stand out to me. One is that the shooter was known to police, and two that there were two troopers in the patrol vehicle that attempted to pull him over. Now I haven't lived in Texas in a few years and maybe things have changed, but I never saw more than one Trooper riding in a DPS marked patrol vehicle.

Maybe this guy that was known to police was under surveillance and this was a planned arrest by using the "pull him over for a traffic violation" ruse that the police sometimes use to arrest someone they have been surveilling. That would explain why the 2 troopers in the vehicle.

Then the traffic stop goes to shit when he starts shooting at them before stopping and the guy then proceeds to go on a shooting rampage in traffic while fleeing. If this was a planned take down of a criminal under investigation then this is going to cause a bit of a sticky situation for the DPS and a lot of questions and second guessing by the media.

Maybe they need time to figure out how to lay it all out for the public to not make it look like the cop's fault. And I'm not saying it was their fault that this guy went full retard when they tried to pull him over.

Of course this is just speculation on my part but it's the only thing I can figure so far tha makes sense.
This scenario makes sense to me.
The fact that there were two DPS troopers in one car is very unusual.  I don't think I have ever witnessed that.
Welcome to the job.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What happened in Alabama yesterday?
View Quote
Basics

HS kid took gun to football game.  Family claims he was bullied.

They didn't say he shot them all. Some were injured in the panic.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Welcome to the job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two things stand out to me. One is that the shooter was known to police, and two that there were two troopers in the patrol vehicle that attempted to pull him over. Now I haven't lived in Texas in a few years and maybe things have changed, but I never saw more than one Trooper riding in a DPS marked patrol vehicle.

Maybe this guy that was known to police was under surveillance and this was a planned arrest by using the "pull him over for a traffic violation" ruse that the police sometimes use to arrest someone they have been surveilling. That would explain why the 2 troopers in the vehicle.

Then the traffic stop goes to shit when he starts shooting at them before stopping and the guy then proceeds to go on a shooting rampage in traffic while fleeing. If this was a planned take down of a criminal under investigation then this is going to cause a bit of a sticky situation for the DPS and a lot of questions and second guessing by the media.

Maybe they need time to figure out how to lay it all out for the public to not make it look like the cop's fault. And I'm not saying it was their fault that this guy went full retard when they tried to pull him over.

Of course this is just speculation on my part but it's the only thing I can figure so far tha makes sense.
The fact that there were two DPS troopers in one car is very unusual.  I don't think I have ever witnessed that.
Welcome to the job.
No kidding. That must have been a hell of a first day in the field.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to the job.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Still no ID on the shooter or weapon.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#15]
So what happened to the news conference?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Noon local time
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fair enough, but how do you feel about some serious "climate change"?  
Q
Revelation 20:15 "And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree with  #4.  I have been an athiest all my life but my beliefs are all Judeo Christian. I just don't believe in God or a supreme being.

I will not deny  the majority of athiest seem to be assholes, EG;   suing about crosses, prayers at games the pledge of alliegence etc.

Just know that not every athiest is a A Hole
Fair enough, but how do you feel about some serious "climate change"?  
Q
Revelation 20:15 "And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."
Man probably has some very  minimal effect but not anywhere the extent being pushed. I sure as hell don't believe in being taxed to hell to "fight" it.  150k years ago North America had glaciers over parts of it, dont't think man had any hand in causing it to recede.

This will be my last comment as this is derailing the original topic.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Basics

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened in Alabama yesterday?
Basics

I'd say 9 counts of attempted murder is a pretty good go at it.

I wonder if that fits Zhukov's standard for a mass shooting. Of course it's barely in the news for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:35:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's literally the definition of "mass shooter", brother. I don't know what else to tell you. You seem determined to believe that whites are the problem, so... you do you.
View Quote
There is a distinct difference between gang and/or drug related shootings and the ones that are 'spree shootings' done by lunatics just to amass a body count.

The vast majority of the first type mass shooters aren't killing strangers just to be killing people. Those shitheads have a grudge against somebody that has most likely ripped them off or for financial gain.

The second type is just some disaffected lunatic going out and shooting strangers just to amass a body count. They seek recognition, not retribution (usually).

Denying such a difference exists has become a method used by the anti-gunners to pump up the numbers and attribute all shootings of 4 or more persons as the 'spree shooting' type.

Of the past 10 of these 'spree shootings' of strangers (just to be killing people)....which ones weren't committed by white men?

I'd wager that you stand a better chance of getting hit by lightning that to be shot by a 'spree shooter' with an AR-15.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Racists stick together...who wholda thunk it.

How can you bring up merit, logic, or evidence without even knowing what the person you quoted was responding too? Maybe you should go back one page and read it before you ASSume anything about the poster you quoted.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I wonder if that fits Zhukov's standard for a mass shooting. Of course it's barely in the news for some reason.
View Quote
Wrong race for media narrative
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Didn’t fit the narrative
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Noon
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There is a very good reason we don't know who this shooter is along with his entire lineage.  He doesn't fit the gun control narrative and they are having to figure out how to make it fit.

We've seen other shooter's social media scrubbed before our eyes.   You are a fool if you think there is some harmless reason why this guy isn't identified already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted: 

I'm now leaning illegal alien and the FBI and ATF are having to create citizenship papers and past REPUBLICAN voting records to hide the fact.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/94613/y8aRqrk-1074935.jpg
There is a very good reason we don't know who this shooter is along with his entire lineage.  He doesn't fit the gun control narrative and they are having to figure out how to make it fit.

We've seen other shooter's social media scrubbed before our eyes.   You are a fool if you think there is some harmless reason why this guy isn't identified already.
Your tinfoil is wrapped so tight it must give you a helluva headache.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Noon
View Quote
17 minutes till, CST.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So it’s only a mass shooting if you see it on the MSM?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So who are the shooters in that picture? Identify them and the source it came from. You have to do better than to spread some internet meme and present it as fact.
So it’s only a mass shooting if you see it on the MSM?
No. It is a mass shooting only if it is a 20-30 yo white male.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#30]
So this noon news conference, is it going to reveal any now information or just a line of state and local officials patting themselves and first responders on the back for doing such a great job as seems to have become the norm for these events?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So this noon news conference, is it going to reveal any now information or just a line of state and local officials patting themselves and first responders on the back for doing such a great job as seems to have become the norm for these events?
View Quote
We won't know until it happens
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I guess we'll see, shortly.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

4 or more people. That's a pretty low threshold. Another reason it doesn't hold water is because most of them - as far as I can tell - had some kind of motive that "makes sense". Robbery. Domestic violence. Drug deal gone wrong. I'm not excusing the level of violence, but we're talking about mass shooters in terms of a guy with no relation to the victims just blowing his top and going out in a blaze of glory. The other people on that list don't fit the bill. Call it a societal problem to ignore the others, but we tend to over-dramatize things we don't understand, like a guy driving from Dallas to El Paso and shooting a bunch of people in Wal Mart. That is inherently more scary than a gang-related shooting where 4 people are killed.
View Quote
Agree with him or not, Zhuk makes a lot of good points. Significant difference between domestic violence/drug/crime related shootings that total over four victims, and the premeditated public shoot-em-ups of whoever happens to be out and about that day.

That distinction has one upside...it makes the true rage/insanity driven mass shootings even rarer than they appear...if only it was reported that way. Lumping every four victim homicide into the "deranged killer with an semi-auto" category bolsters the ban argument, and diverts attention away from the "we have a serious inner-city crime issue".

We're doing a poor job of framing the reality, or, maybe to be more accurate, the progressives/MSM are doing a better job hyping their agenda.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
After every one of these shootings people get on this General discussion section and don't admit to what's really happening they Pander and intellectually masturbate. We have a problem with white male Mass Shooters. Not to mention the opioid epidemic which is killing over 50,000 people a year. But I noticed people on here can talk about the ghetto this and ghetto that.??
View Quote
It’s a myth.

What the white mass shooter myth gets right and wrong
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone have an update of what's come out this morning other than Zhukov not understanding white guys aren't the ones committing most of the mass shootings?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted: 

I'm now leaning illegal alien and the FBI and ATF are having to create citizenship papers and past REPUBLICAN voting records to hide the fact.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/94613/y8aRqrk-1074935.jpg

But we KNOW he was white.
Cocksuckers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wait WUT!!??

Zhukov is saying black people don't commit mass shootings???
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anyone have an update of what's come out this morning other than Zhukov not understanding white guys aren't the ones committing most of the mass shootings?
View Quote
Press conference should start next hour.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What has he said that's wrong? Is there not an opioid epidemic? Are the mass shooters that end up on these rampages not typically 20-30 year old white makes?

Just look at this thread: We've had people blaming one or any of the following: Antifa, atheists, public education, illegal immigrants, etc. It's a ref;exive blame-game in the desperate hope that the bad guy is one of "them" - them being someone from a group we don't like. Add in a few conspiracy nuts that are claiming the FBI, police, and everyone else is working overtime to cover it all up, and you get your typical Arfcom GD derp thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
After every one of these shootings people get on this General discussion section and don't admit to what's really happening they Pander and intellectually masturbate. We have a problem with white male Mass Shooters. Not to mention the opioid epidemic which is killing over 50,000 people a year. But I noticed people on here can talk about the ghetto this and ghetto that.
We got one boys.
What has he said that's wrong? Is there not an opioid epidemic? Are the mass shooters that end up on these rampages not typically 20-30 year old white makes?

Just look at this thread: We've had people blaming one or any of the following: Antifa, atheists, public education, illegal immigrants, etc. It's a ref;exive blame-game in the desperate hope that the bad guy is one of "them" - them being someone from a group we don't like. Add in a few conspiracy nuts that are claiming the FBI, police, and everyone else is working overtime to cover it all up, and you get your typical Arfcom GD derp thread.
The point they're trying to make is that it's an obvious concern-troll account.  If you don't see that, then maybe we need more site staff that aren't blind.

In any case, despite not being rampage style shootings, shooters of multiple people are overwhelmingly non-white.   The left is taking shooting numbers including those people and dishonestly attributing it to white males.    

And the white males that ARE actually rampage shooters, overwhelmingly are non-conservatives who are either known to law enforcement or who had their impending actions reported, sometimes multiple times, to agencies - like the FBI - who did NOTHING.

You want to whine about people bringing up antifa?  We've had 3 antifa shooting incidents in the last year, including one attack on a federal facility and a public mass shooting.  There have also been several attempted bombings, several incidents involving brandished weapons, and a few other fed buildings shot at that they're likely responsible for.

Edit:

And now we have another one, with the DHS facility they just tried to burn down.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snopes and their weasel words:
The primary problem with the chart was that it was based on a relatively broad definition of “mass shooting” which, while valid in and of itself, should not be confused with the much more narrow definition implicitly at work in many conversations about “mass shootings” — that is, incidents in which an attacker with no links to terrorism, criminal gangs, or organized crime goes out into a public area and fatally shoots multiple people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Press conference should start next hour.
View Quote
Thanks, so I guess that means nothing new up to right now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Landgraf seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

State Rep. Brooks Landgraf talks on shootings
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you only care about random white people deaths?
Those other victims do not count.
Ok.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Thanks, so I guess that means nothing new up to right now.
View Quote
I haven't heard anything of substance since last night.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s a myth.

What the white mass shooter myth gets right and wrong
Oh shit, that's even coming from Slate.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Cranes lift flags at half staff for shooting victims
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wait WUT!!??

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait WUT!!??

He seemed to have a numerical threshold that some shootings didn't meet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
After every one of these shootings people get on this General discussion section and don't admit to what's really happening they Pander and intellectually masturbate. We have a problem with white male Mass Shooters. Not to mention the opioid epidemic which is killing over 50,000 people a year. But I noticed people on here can talk about the ghetto this and ghetto that.
View Quote
@Normandy1944

I don't get your point.

"We have a problem with white male Mass Shooters" - This statement is false ,the facts (statistics) say otherwise.

"the opioid epidemic..." - What does this have to do with this post about the shooting in Texas or mass shooting?

"..Pander and intellectually masturbate.." - Pander to who? As for intellectually masturbating, well isn't that what your doing with this nonsensical post.

Why are you here (this gun website)?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#49]
It is high noon
https://www.cbs7.com/livestream

But so far, some dudes lifting weights and pulling ropes to see who is the World's Strongest Man
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly this!
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top