BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 44
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People who show up at these things with loud ass camera shutters should be thrown out. The is no reason for them to have those there with the technology we have today.
View Quote
SLRs offer better quality than your iPhone
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My bet is that he is actually Hispanic illegal alien. Hence why no name given.
View Quote
police chief said the name will be released just not here.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Not going to name the shooter at this time, "Not going to give him the notoriety."
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

SLRs offer better quality than your iPhone
View Quote
So what, We want to hear what is being said not put together a high speed slide show.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So who are the shooters in that picture? What is their criteria for "mass shooter"? Identify them and the source it came from. You have to do better than to spread some internet meme and present it as fact.

[ETA] This is creating a false narrative. The cases we're talking about with one guy going apeshit and randomly executing people ARE young-ish white males aged 20-30 for the most part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typically, no, they are not. Here's a photo collage, current as of Aug. 5th.

https://i.imgur.com/8o0vL60.jpg
So who are the shooters in that picture? What is their criteria for "mass shooter"? Identify them and the source it came from. You have to do better than to spread some internet meme and present it as fact.

[ETA] This is creating a false narrative. The cases we're talking about with one guy going apeshit and randomly executing people ARE young-ish white males aged 20-30 for the most part.
You are insane. The national news media DOES NOT REPORT the day to day mass shootings by people of color. If anything there will be one short story by local news at best.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Stay away from Midland and Odessa?  No problem, that area is depressing!  It reminds me of a mad max movie setting.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
So when do we find out it was some cartel shill
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#8]
So no new information will be given at this so called press conference. Just face time on tv for politicians and back patting for all involved.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Really surprised more info hasn't been leaked tbh.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
In the police report?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not going to name the shooter at this time, "Not going to give him the notoriety."
View Quote
If it was an Anglo sounding name paired with white skin, you bet your ass his name would have been shared immediately.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Really surprised more info hasn't been leaked tbh.
View Quote
It may already be out there I haven't looked.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Still no name?? Interesting..........
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So no new information will be given at this so called press conference. Just face time on tv for politicians and back patting for all involved.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Stay away from Midland and Odessa?  No problem, that area is depressing!  It reminds me of a mad max movie setting.
View Quote
Hardly the garden spot of Texas, but man what money is being made out there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We will not find out the real reason.

If the real reason fit their agenda they would have run with it.  "White supremacist goes on nra backed killing spree".  Same reason they only publicize the trials of anyone fighting antifa.

The narrative doesn't fit their agenda, so we wait while they either a) let it doe down enough that people forget or b) figure out how to scrub the fact that this guy is a democrat or an illegal alien or whatever it is.

There is a very good reason he hasn't been identified.  No tin foil needed for this one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Only reasons for not giving name of shooter or motive is to roll up others involved (not likely in this case) or to control the narrative.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Or maybe they don’t wanna give this asshat any publicity
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#19]
edit Double tap
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That doesn't make it any less retarded than trying to piss while hanging upside down from your ankles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m not buying the guy had a rifle. How can someone drive and shoot behind them or be agile while driving with a rifle?  Wouldn’t a handgun be easier to deal with one handed?  Also, this guy would have been driving around with a rifle on the front seat ready to go?
There is a video of a state trooper (Oklahoma I think) in a high speed chase driving with his knees and firing an ar through the windshield.

It can be done.
That doesn't make it any less retarded than trying to piss while hanging upside down from your ankles.
Yeah, sitting on your hands and doing nothing while having rounds dumped at you is a much better idea.

Ffs. Are you serious?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Did the Gov just hint the shooter was a felon in possession?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Abbott alluded to the fact that the shooter was a prohibited person.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorry. This kind of thing has become too politically charged now for that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.
Yep
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuck that police chief for not releasing the name and background on the shooter.  Showboating.  The name and background is necessary to identify where EXISTING laws failed.  As it is, he left it open for speculative legislation while impugning all white males.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
4 or more people. That's a pretty low threshold. Another reason it doesn't hold water is because most of them - as far as I can tell - had some kind of motive that "makes sense". Robbery. Domestic violence. Drug deal gone wrong. I'm not excusing the level of violence, but we're talking about mass shooters in terms of a guy with no relation to the victims just blowing his top and going out in a blaze of glory. The other people on that list don't fit the bill. Call it a societal problem to ignore the others, but we tend to over-dramatize things we don't understand, like a guy driving from Dallas to El Paso and shooting a bunch of people in Wal Mart. That is inherently more scary than a gang-related shooting where 4 people are killed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
4 or more people. That's a pretty low threshold. Another reason it doesn't hold water is because most of them - as far as I can tell - had some kind of motive that "makes sense". Robbery. Domestic violence. Drug deal gone wrong. I'm not excusing the level of violence, but we're talking about mass shooters in terms of a guy with no relation to the victims just blowing his top and going out in a blaze of glory. The other people on that list don't fit the bill. Call it a societal problem to ignore the others, but we tend to over-dramatize things we don't understand, like a guy driving from Dallas to El Paso and shooting a bunch of people in Wal Mart. That is inherently more scary than a gang-related shooting where 4 people are killed.
Wow, we disagree.

Take that 4 or more stuff up with people who keep stats and make the definitions.  THE MEDIA TENDS TO OVER DRAMATIZE THINGS.

I am all about facts too.  The media wants their own set of facts.  You can either use their own facts against them or not.  If you cannot see the reasons this was posted, or why I am not sure what to tell you.  But it is way past time to choose up sides.  I am against the tin foil BS just like you.  But this goes by REAL definitions and stats.

NO WE DO NOT HAVE A WHITE MALE MASS SHOOTER PROBLEM.  You can believe or not.  But FACTS ARE FACTS.  Believe them or not.

ETA:  I would also add I am extremely disappointed in your take on this matter.  Not that you care, but real facts are real facts, and you tend to ask for them a lot.  Once presented you don't like them?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Face-to-face with the shooter, she describes his weapon as "a very large gun."

Very believable eye witness who the shooter pulled up next to.
View Quote
It's amusing how many people think the size of the gun has any relation to the firepower.  An Olympic biathlon rifle is pretty damn big, but it's the least powerful rifle you can buy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly.

White males, the NRA and all law abiding gun owners are being disparaged using this shooting.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Given they were robbing a bank I don't think they cared about the NFA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like an oil filter.
Given they were robbing a bank I don't think they cared about the NFA.
There's no doubt about that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
After every one of these shootings people get on this General discussion section and don't admit to what's really happening they Pander and intellectually masturbate. We have a problem with white male Mass Shooters. Not to mention the opioid epidemic which is killing over 50,000 people a year. But I noticed people on here can talk about the ghetto this and ghetto that.
View Quote
And you know what happens when we solve the problem with white male mass shooters?

The murder total for the entire nation drops from about 17200 to about 17000.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's literally the definition of "mass shooter", brother. I don't know what else to tell you. You seem determined to believe that whites are the problem, so... you do you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's literally the definition of "mass shooter", brother. I don't know what else to tell you. You seem determined to believe that whites are the problem, so... you do you.
I guess we will ignore all the muslim motivated mass shootings in the last few years..

anyone taking money on "white hispanic" on this one?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Stupid FBI guy. He has an agenda
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#33]
FBI: Not believed to be terrorism.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#34]
FBI stating no known terrorism links. This is looking more like a long time felon just snapped.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#35]
DEA was mentioned working the case also.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
And you know what happens when we solve the problem with white male mass shooters?

The murder total for the entire nation drops from about 17200 to about 17000 25000.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After every one of these shootings people get on this General discussion section and don't admit to what's really happening they Pander and intellectually masturbate. We have a problem with white male Mass Shooters. Not to mention the opioid epidemic which is killing over 50,000 people a year. But I noticed people on here can talk about the ghetto this and ghetto that.

The murder total for the entire nation drops from about 17200 to about 17000 25000.
FIFY.... making a point but probably not far off.  They way they want to fix it is by taking guns.  If that fix is implemented watch the homicide rate RISE!
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Totally meaningless, self-aggrandizing "press conference."

"A lot of questions we just don't have answers to..."  HOW ABOUT THE NAME AND BACKGROUND OF THE SHOOTER???
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Top. Men.
View Quote
No shit
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I agree with their decision not to name the son of a bitch in the press conference.  I would never utter his name on camera.  Well, maybe his first and last name - Cock Sucker.  His name will be out shortly, anyway.  That's when the focus shifts completely away from the locals who handled the event, to the gun he used, his background, and how it all can be exploited by liberals to get rid of guns.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#41]
AR weapon used. Not sure how he obtained it, obviously a felon.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Confirmed AR
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#43]
An AR was used. No idea how he got it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Confirmed "AR-type weapon"
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

An FTO situation could just as easily explain the two troopers in one car.
View Quote
My first thought as well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
AR weapon used. Not sure how he obtained it, obviously a felon.
View Quote
He does have a criminal record.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Confirmed "AR-type weapon"
View Quote
Yep, unknown as to how it was acquired.

Criminal record attached to drivers license of perp.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Only reasons for not giving name of shooter or motive is to roll up others involved (not likely in this case) or to control the narrative.
View Quote
Or to give the PTB enough time to scrub the internet of this person's "social media presence" or the fact that he was a registered democrat last election.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Confirmed AR
View Quote
The left: That"s all we need to know, thank you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's amusing how many people think the size of the gun has any relation to the firepower.  An Olympic biathlon rifle is pretty damn big, but it's the least powerful rifle you can buy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Face-to-face with the shooter, she describes his weapon as "a very large gun."

Very believable eye witness who the shooter pulled up next to.
Hollywood has a history of using .22LR firearms as props, presenting them as some massively powerful gun.
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top