Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:22:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Dang... I was a Posse member at the SO there back in the early 90's.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:23:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cops have a dangerous job and I try to give them the benefit of the doubt whenever possible. This was… what was this? I wanted to comment because this was so… holy smokes. Wow. He should not be a cop. Ever again.
View Quote

Unfortunately hiring standards aren’t what they used to be for various reasons.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:25:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Male cop should have never been one.

@smilingbandit Female cop responded to her officer claiming shots fired and officer down, I doubt others in her position would or should have acted different. He was, obviously, negligent beyond reason, but given what she understood, acted appropriately.
View Quote

What was she shooting at though?

I agree his reaction deserved some sort of response I just don’t know exactly what given there didn’t appear to be an assailant.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:29:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@smilingbandit Female cop responded to her officer claiming shots fired and officer down, I doubt others in her position would or should have acted different. He was, obviously, negligent beyond reason, but given what she understood, acted appropriately.
View Quote

Reasonable officers blindly fire at no actual target.  Another win for that standard.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:38:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The patrol side and the touchy-feely special units are full of idiots now and it’s a nationwide issue.  I’m doing everything I can to snag an admin position for my last few years so I can stay AWAY from the idiots (internal idiots, not public idiots).

Some of the work product which comes across my desk from patrol is ASTOUNDINGLY bad.  What I see in that video doesn’t surprise me at all given the acumen of many folks hired into the job in the last four years or so.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:40:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone hear anything? This was quite bizarre. Skip to 13:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVNnxr2SGFg
View Quote

You can actually see the acorn hit the top of his car and bounce at 13:01 to 13:02.

What I don't understand is how he convinced himself that he had been shot.

Maybe he thought a suppressed gun made his blood invisible.

Crappy thing is, if they had hit and killed the guy in the back nobody would care. Immunity for everybody with a badge.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:24:32 AM EDT
[#7]
No wonder he blew it up so fast

When asked about prior military experience, Deputy Hernandez said he attended West
Point, and was an infantry officer and an officer in special forces for the army for a total
of ten years. Deputy Hernandez said he had two combat rotations to Afghanistan, but
noted as an officer, he was not in direct combat
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Who was he shorting at? His reflection in the back glass? Did he flip out?

comment from YouTube

Deputy Hernandez resigned on December 4, 2023, during the investigation but was ultimately found to have violated policy. The deputies were cleared of any criminal wrongdoing. Jackson wasn't injured, and no weapon was located, the OCSO said."

View Quote

he had a flash back lance, never get off the boat.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:30:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Investigator Hogan showed Deputy Hernandez still photos taken from his BWC video of
the OIS. He showed the frames where the acorn first comes into frame

Deputy Hernandez asked, “Acorn?” Investigator Hogan answered Acorn LOL

Deputy Hernandez was offered the opportunity to watch his BWC video to see the
sound match the acorn hitting the roof, and he declined...LOL

Investigator Henderson asked Deputy Hernandez if he thought it was possible that
the noise he heard, which he had interpreted as a gunshot from a suppressed
firearm, was actually the noise of the acorn striking the roof of his patrol vehicle
next to him. Deputy Hernandez answered, “I'm not gonna say no, because I mean
that's, but what I, [10 second pause in speaking] what I heard [3 second pause in
speaking] sounded almost like [12 second pause in speaking] what I heard
sounded what I think would be louder than an acorn hitting the roof of the car, but
there's obviously an acorn hitting the roof of the car''

Investigator Hogan asked Deputy Hernandez if in general he was familiar with the
sound of acorns striking vehicles. Deputy Hernandez said he was. Investigator
Hogan then asked if that sound could have been the sound he heard that led him to
believe Mr. Jackson had shot him. Deputy Hernandez said, “It could be. [7
second pause in speaking] I don't think so, but it could be.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Reasonable officers blindly fire at no actual target.  Another win for that standard.
View Quote

@950 ish she asks where and he says right there. This is obviously subjective, but I believe this is how and why she targeted her fire.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:43:15 AM EDT
[#11]
i watched it earlier and yeah theres no audible instigating gun shot no matter how many times you watch it. the guy either had a flash back or did that pit bull thing where they just kinda suddenly become demon possessed. too bad for the unarmed handcuffed guy.

moral of the story is this. from now on quit calling the cops for help and stay the hell away from cops. usa cops arent the same as they used to be and its only getting worse.

my buddy trains cops and he said they are all jacked up and need more sleep and energy drinks and its become super dangerous. so there it is. maybe start backing off the energy drinks when your reflection starts shooting at you.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#12]
That cop seems like the type that likes to eat all the blue M&Ms if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sure she responded, but in arguably the worst way possible.

There was no target, so she just tried to kill someone, anyone (who? we don't even know) with no regard for the suspect in her custody or anyone else in the neighborhood.

I'd love to hear from her own mouth exactly who she was shooting at, and why she chose that person as her target (assuming she can even articulate that basic point).
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There was no target, so she just tried to kill someone, anyone (who? we don't even know) with no regard for the suspect in her custody or anyone else in the neighborhood.

I'd love to hear from her own mouth exactly who she was shooting at, and why she chose that person as her target (assuming she can even articulate that basic point).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The suspect in the back seat had sent photos to the ex gf earlier that morning of him holding a suppressed pistol, her interview seemed to indicate she believed that the suspect in the back seat had somehow gotten free and shot her partner with a weapon that had been missed during the pat down. So from her perspective and with the information she had, she was trying to hit a suspect in the back of the patrol vehicle that was in the process of trying to kill her partner.

She explained it pretty well in her interview for the report, she got handed an absolute shit sandwich with a partner that lost his marbles but from what she could reasonably know at the time and under the circumstances she didn't do anything wrong.

https://www.sheriff-okaloosa.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/IA-2023-031-Final-Report-Jackson.pdf?

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As stupid as these cops were in this incident, the vast majority of citizens are still even more stupid.  And certainly not capable of policing themselves.

Pretty scary.

View Quote

You say that, but my town has had precisely zero “scared civilian lights up a car because of an acorn” incidents, and we have a fuckload of acorns.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You say that, but my town has had precisely zero “scared civilian lights up a car because of an acorn” incidents, and we have a fuckload of acorns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As stupid as these cops were in this incident, the vast majority of citizens are still even more stupid.  And certainly not capable of policing themselves.

Pretty scary.

Must have a hell of an acorn desensitization training regimen!

Could take that and earn the town some extra cash teaching it down in Florida!

Florida requires some form of certification it looks like?  I'm sure officer unqualified got his pulled, right?

And the female one should also face the consequences we already know neither is facing.

Wonder why there's distrust of the government?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Haha I guess all that worked to beat the rap in clown world. I'm just astounded at her ability to mag dump at nothing in the middle of a neighborhood.

She not only didn't know what was beyond, she actually skipped the whole knowing her target part. Very impressive and rarely seen feat.

Nothing moving except her brain damaged buddy, no one else visible in or near the vehicle, so anyway she started blasting
View Quote

Hostile act/hostile intent and positive target ID are only required for military to engage... you can't put such a strenuous requirement as actually knowing what you're shooting at on the police...

Besides they were never trained that the sound of an acorn falling onto a car isn't to be considered a hostile act/hostile intent, so they feared for their lives.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No wonder he blew it up so fast

When asked about prior military experience, Deputy Hernandez said he attended West
Point, and was an infantry officer and an officer in special forces for the army for a total
of ten years. Deputy Hernandez said he had two combat rotations to Afghanistan, but
noted as an officer, he was not in direct combat
View Quote

Wow.  It’s not like they recruited this guy from facilities maintenance pool. Infantry officers are still trained to be risk averse, have been exposed to small arms fire, and not particularly wound tight.  His background makes his reaction even more mysterious.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@950 ish she asks where and he says right there. This is obviously subjective, but I believe this is how and why she targeted her fire.
View Quote

Targeted her fire at what?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Florida requires some form of certification it looks like?  I'm sure officer unqualified got his pulled, right?

And the female one should also face the consequences we already know neither is facing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty scary.

“Acorns Down, Safety Up!” Is what we call it. Every other year we have to do the course and it covers a wide array of safety measures including where a hard hat might be a good choice, and actually a THX certified audio course where we get to hear the difference between acorns hitting various things (cars, glass tables, decks) as well as handguns, rifles, and 155mm towable artillery.

The last part was because of a near incident we had. A gentleman on the west side of town started putting together a counter battery fire solution because he thought the NORKS were advancing from one town over, but then his hyper vigilant kid pointed out it was just TWO acorns hitting his grill.

Guy almost leveled half a town.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing missing from her Cyril Figgis impression was yelling “Suppressing fire!”

Police training includes suppressing fire, doesn’t it?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wow.  It’s not like they recruited this guy from facilities maintenance pool. Infantry officers are still trained to be risk averse, have been exposed to small arms fire, and not particularly wound tight.  His background makes his reaction even more mysterious.
View Quote

agree

say what you will about the end product -- but you don't become an infantry O just by 'having a pulse'.  there are many levels of selection and assessment.  cadet.  junior / intro courses. at the units. mid-level courses etc.   heck just considering West Point -- that's not a walk in the park.

its an interesting twist.  PTSD ?  saw John Wick one too many times?  who knows.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The suspect in the back seat had sent photos to the ex gf earlier that morning of him holding a suppressed pistol, her interview seemed to indicate she believed that the suspect in the back seat had somehow gotten free and shot her partner with a weapon that had been missed during the pat down. So from her perspective and with the information she had, she was trying to hit a suspect in the back of the patrol vehicle that was in the process of trying to kill her partner.

She explained it pretty well in her interview for the report, she got handed an absolute shit sandwich with a partner that lost his marbles but from what she could reasonably know at the time and under the circumstances she didn't do anything wrong.

https://www.sheriff-okaloosa.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/IA-2023-031-Final-Report-Jackson.pdf?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the sake of argument let's assume they missed a suppressed pistol during the pat down. Somehow. Not really reasonable but whatever. Things happened fast for her.

But then they slowed down. She can say whatever she wants after the fact, but if you're going to try to take someone's life I'd argue you that morally speaking you need to know something beyond, "My partner just yelled."

She saw nothing, had no target, there was no threat to be seen or heard, etc etc. Obviously she beat the rap but no way you or me could walk away scot-free from mag dumping into an occupied patrol car based on an acorn falling and a buddy yelling that he's under fire.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#24]
 With partners like that, who needs criminals?  

"Shots fired!  Shots fired!"

"Where?!"  BlamBlamBlam "Over here?!" BlamBlamBlam

"I don't know!"

"Did they sound like this?"  Points gun at partner...BlamBlamBlam
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

“Acorns Down, Safety Up!” Is what we call it. Every other year we have to do the course and it covers a wide array of safety measures including where a hard hat might be a good choice, and actually a THX certified audio course where we get to hear the difference between acorns hitting various things (cars, glass tables, decks) as well as handguns, rifles, and 155mm towable artillery.

The last part was because of a near incident we had. A gentleman on the west side of town started putting together a counter battery fire solution because he thought the NORKS were advancing from one town over, but then his hyper vigilant kid pointed out it was just TWO acorns hitting his grill.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty scary.

Alright, you need to mail me a new keyboard!
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I kept looking for blood. Kept waiting for him to check the vest. No idea what happened in that dude's head to think he was shot or being shot at.
View Quote

Similar reason to requiring narcan for incidental exposure to anything perceived as being an opiate.

Repetitive PR campaign is a hell of a drug.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

agree

say what you will about the end product -- but you don't become an infantry O just by 'having a pulse'.  there are many levels of selection and assessment.  cadet.  junior / intro courses. at the units. mid-level courses etc.   heck just considering West Point -- that's not a walk in the park.

its an interesting twist.  PTSD ?  saw John Wick one too many times?  who knows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

agree

I think he got so wound up thinking he missed a gun the first time this guy got in his car, which was why he went back = to do a second search, he was so focused on there being a hidden gun. any little bump became his reality

it was a perfect storm, he was expecting a hidden gun and his mind came up with one
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I guess it could have been worse.

They could have left the cruiser parked on the railroad tracks.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For the sake of argument let's assume they missed a suppressed pistol during the pat down. Somehow. Not really reasonable but whatever. Things happened fast for her.

But then they slowed down. She can say whatever she wants after the fact, but if you're going to try to take someone's life I'd argue you that morally speaking you need to know something beyond, "My partner just yelled."

She saw nothing, had no target, there was no threat to be seen or heard, etc etc. Obviously she beat the rap but no way you or me could walk away scot-free from mag dumping into an occupied patrol car based on an acorn falling and a buddy yelling that he's under fire.
View Quote
Neither of us are police officers doing a policing job and dealing with armed suspects, so no, us shooting into a police car at a suspect we've detained naturally isn't going to be treated the same way. Had I been doing the same job and been in her shoes that morning, I probably would have come to the same conclusion as she did and done pretty much what she did.

She heard a weird bang sound, then turned to see her partner fall while screaming in panic that he's been shot and begin firing into the back of the patrol car at a suspect that had been known to possess a suppressed firearm a few hours earlier. Given the context of the event, I agree with the assessment she had a reasonable belief that a weapon had been missed during the patdown, and that there was a suspect in the back of the car that had just shot and disabled her partner and was actively trying to kill him. She had a couple seconds to come to a decision, and that's unfortunately a far more common and reasonable take than "my partner just randomly lost his marbles and is in a complete delusional breakdown right now".
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Oh FFS dude
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Neither of us are police officers doing a policing job and dealing with armed suspects, so no, us shooting into a police car at a suspect we've detained naturally isn't going to be treated the same way. Had I been doing the same job and been in her shoes that morning, I probably would have come to the same conclusion as she did and done pretty much what she did.

She heard a weird bang sound, then turned to see her partner fall while screaming in panic that he's been shot and begin firing into the back of the patrol car at a suspect that had been known to possess a suppressed firearm a few hours earlier. Given the context of the event, I agree with the assessment she had a reasonable belief that a weapon had been missed during the patdown, and that there was a suspect in the back of the car that had just shot and disabled her partner and was actively trying to kill him. She had a couple seconds to come to a decision, and that's unfortunately a far more common and reasonable take than "my partner just randomly lost his marbles and is in a complete delusional breakdown right now".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm with you all the way to the part when she starts blasting away without even identifying a target.

You're kinda glossing over the part where she tried to kill an innocent (until proven guilty lol) man. My entire argument is you owe it to the public to ID your targets before you try to kill them. Maybe get eyeballs on them. Who knows. Doesn't seem like an unachievably high standard to me, but I guess I'm an idealist haha
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You can actually see the acorn hit the top of his car and bounce at 13:01 to 13:02.

What I don't understand is how he convinced himself that he had been shot.

Maybe he thought a suppressed gun made his blood invisible.

Crappy thing is, if they had hit and killed the guy in the back nobody would care. Immunity for everybody with a badge.
View Quote

He probably hurt him self doing the shatter roll with a vest and belt full of bs..
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm with you all the way to the part when she starts blasting away without even identifying a target.

You're kinda glossing over the part where she tried to kill an innocent (until proven guilty lol) man. My entire argument is you owe it to the public to ID your targets before you try to kill them. Maybe get eyeballs on them. Who knows. Doesn't seem like an unachievably high standard to me, but I guess I'm an idealist haha
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This goes back to the differences between private citizen and LE uses of force, the latter of which involve a lot more work in and around vehicles and certain aspects of which that rarely apply in a self defense scenario for private citizens.

She couldn't actually see the suspect because of the tint on the windows, but she knew he was in the back seat, and she had a reasonable belief under the circumstances that he had just shot and wounded her partner and remained an immediate threat to his life. Shooting into the vehicle where she believed the threat to be was legally and morally justified. The fact her partner just spilled his spaghetti is separate from what she could have reasonably known under the circumstances.

If I had been there, I probably would shot into the rear of the car as well not only for the chance to wound or disable what I perceived to be a violent suspect, but also the chance to distract/suppress the suspect long enough for my partner to escape.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This goes back to the differences between private citizen and LE uses of force, the latter of which involve a lot more work in and around vehicles and certain aspects of which that rarely apply in a self defense scenario for private citizens.

She couldn't actually see the suspect because of the tint on the windows, but she knew he was in the back seat, and she had a reasonable belief under the circumstances that he had just shot and wounded her partner and remained an immediate threat to his life. Shooting into the vehicle where she believed the threat to be was legally and morally justified. The fact her partner just spilled his spaghetti is separate from what she could have reasonably known under the circumstances.

If I had been there, I probably would shot into the rear of the car as well not only for the chance to wound or disable what I perceived to be a violent suspect, but also the chance to distract/suppress the suspect long enough for my partner to escape.
View Quote

She did not perceive that.

Anything she believed was entirely based on second-hand info, at best, or imaginary events at worst.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Delusional Cop Panics Over Acorn Falling
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#37]
The locker-room ball busting will live on in infamy.
How many times do you think his locker will be mysteriously filled with acorns?

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Where's the rest of the video?

Some brave officers had to charge the machine gun nest to defeat the suspect.

I want to hear what excuses they have in that moment of finding no weapons on the suspect.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Anything she believed was entirely based on second-hand info, at best, or imaginary events at worst.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When your partner goes to pull a subject from the back of his car and give him a more thorough search for the suppressed firearm he was known to possess shortly before being arrested, then your partner falls down and starts screaming he was shot after you heard a weird sound, the reasonable assumption under the circumstances is the suspect you have in custody just shot him with a firearm someone missed during the previous patdown. The fact it didn't objectively happen is separate from what she could have been reasonably expected to think given the information she was presented, in the short amount of time she had to process it and make a decision. The report from the SO is a good read, and I agree with its conclusion that she acted reasonably given what she had to go on under the circumstances.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Where's the rest of the video?

Some brave officers had to charge the machine gun nest to defeat the suspect.

I want to hear what excuses they have in that moment of finding no weapons on the suspect.
View Quote

Would love to see Deputy Barrel Roll's reaction when they find the suspect handcuffed and unarmed. And also how they ended up approaching the car when the suspect is literally unable to show them his hands because they're still cuffed behind his back. I can totally imagine them sending in a dog to just endlessly maul this guy, not realizing that the "he slipped his cuffs and shot at us" story is bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
When your partner goes to pull a subject from the back of his car and give him a more thorough search for the suppressed firearm he was known to possess shortly before being arrested, then your partner falls down and starts screaming he was shot after you heard a weird sound, the reasonable assumption under the circumstances is the suspect you have in custody just shot him with a firearm someone missed during the previous patdown. The fact it didn't objectively happen is separate from what she could have been reasonably expected to think given the information she was presented, in the short amount of time she had to process it and make a decision. The report from the SO is a good read, and I agree with its conclusion that she acted reasonably given what she had to go on under the circumstances.
View Quote

Concur.

The other officer should be held responsible for her shots as well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

But this is the point.  There's no reasonable basis for such a belief.

After the fact varnishing to the contrary, what both of these idiots did, when you boil it down the the most basic factors, is that they started shooting at noises.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

After the fact varnishing to the contrary, what both of these idiots did, when you boil it down the the most basic factors, is that they started shooting at noises.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was indeed a reasonable basis for her belief and actions, but not for his.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Listen, even that comes back to exactly what I posted: shooting at noises.  

The difference is that the department's brass seems to think that shooting, mag-dumping really, is a reasonable response to a noise, and apparently you agree.

Did you take note that these LE professionals evidently can't proofread well enough to catch "interrupted" where they presumably meant to use "interpreted"?

Color me skeptical about their conclusions in general.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

"Frito, that's your car."
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The locker-room ball busting will live on in infamy.
How many times do you think his locker will be mysteriously filled with acorns?

View Quote

I just wish Leslie Nielsen was around to make this on to a Naked Gun scene.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#47]
She was reasonable. Shooting into a vehicle can be justified.

He was not. Separate issue and why he’s done with law enforcement.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brush shots.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe they, like the little people, shouldn’t have their windows tinted to the point that they can’t see what people are ding in their car.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The difference is that the department's brass seems to think that shooting, mag-dumping really, is a reasonable response to a noise, and apparently you agree.

Did you take note that these LE professionals evidently can't proofread well enough to catch "interrupted" where they presumably meant to use "interpreted"?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well those 'noises' also included her partner also screaming that he'd just been shot by the suspect that was in the back seat of car, which she had no reason to doubt. I absolutely do agree with their determination that she made the correct decision given the information she had at the time.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top