BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The founders did not envision the government lasting more than 50 or so years. They expected revolutions.
View Quote
And it shouldn't have. Washington was already murdering citizens over taxes when the country was less than 20 years old
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This issue has been discussed here previously.
Explosives are not "arms"..
View Quote
Black powder something you need for a musket is an explosive...
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The founders did not envision the government lasting more than 50 or so years. They expected revolutions.

And, again, the 2nd Amendment does not apply to explosives or weapons. The 2nd Amendment limits government. Period.
View Quote
Like I said, they may have talked a big game while they were Revolutionaries.
Once they were in charge, they sang a different tune.
Any national leader who expects and supports a revolution every fifty years is literally insane.
That's no way to create a stable society.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And I will never stop pointing out the idiocy of those who argue because they can chew bubble gum, they have an inalienable right to own nukes. You are twisting the 2A to appeal to your fantasies not natural rights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will never stop pointing out the idiocy of people who want our freedom and natural rights restricted.
And I will never stop pointing out the idiocy of those who argue because they can chew bubble gum, they have an inalienable right to own nukes. You are twisting the 2A to appeal to your fantasies not natural rights.
You're approving of twisting the 2A to limit freedom because freedom is scary to you. Get over it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

racist much?
View Quote
I didn't see a single mention of race, only a mention that someone is in poverty and requires housing assistance.
Perhaps you are the racist for assuming that because someone is receiving government assistance, that coincides with them being a certain race?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That is an argument for artillery I might buy if you have a Letter of Marquee for your ship from congress? Having explosives to make IEDs is a whole different argument and definitely unrelated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People owned crew served weapons mounted on warships too
That is an argument for artillery I might buy if you have a Letter of Marquee for your ship from congress? Having explosives to make IEDs is a whole different argument and definitely unrelated.
Except that black powder used to shoot musket balls is an explosive.

Modern powder = burns rapidly
Black Powder = Low order explosive.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Of course they should be.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#8]
the right of the people to keep and bear small Arms, shall not be infringed
the right of a small number of individuals to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed
the right of the people to keep and bear only commonly owned Arms, shall not be infringed
the right of the people (except black people) to keep and bear Arms, as long as they're for good, constructive or self-defense purposes, shall not be infringed
the right of the people to keep and bear only the arms they show an actual need for, shall not be infringed
View Quote
@MadMonkey you’re killing me here
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The exact same argument can be made for an AR15.

the is no acceptable reason for Jamal as you say to own an AR15.

An acceptable reason is the unwritten threat of don't become a tyrannical government and we wont use these things against you, or another would be dont invade America and we wont use this stuff against you.

Both of those are acceptable arguments.
View Quote
If Jamal is a felon he shouldn't have access to any firearm. Same with Tom, Dick and Harry.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

black powder, used in muskets, is an ________
View Quote
I'll take EXPLOSIVE for $500, Alex.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
the right of the people to keep and bear small Arms, shall not be infringed
the right of a small number of individuals to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed
the right of the people to keep and bear only commonly owned Arms, shall not be infringed
the right of the people (except black people) to keep and bear Arms, as long as they're for good, constructive or self-defense purposes, shall not be infringed
the right of the people to keep and bear only the arms they show an actual need for, shall not be infringed
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That is your ignorant interpretation. Find a court that agrees with you. Explosives are not arms.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tell us what Jamal in the section 8 apartment complex is likely to do with a breaching charge.
Anything constructive? Good? Self-defensive? Probably NOT.

Look, if the government wants to make these things available with the same restrictions as there are for dynamite, then go for it.
Certainly not any acceptable reason for these things to be readily available to the general public.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"the right of the people to keep and bear only commonly owned Arms, shall not be infringed"
Tell us what Jamal in the section 8 apartment complex is likely to do with a breaching charge.
Anything constructive? Good? Self-defensive? Probably NOT.

Look, if the government wants to make these things available with the same restrictions as there are for dynamite, then go for it.
Certainly not any acceptable reason for these things to be readily available to the general public.
You and I have a fundamentally different view of the 2A and what is "acceptable".
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Seriously-  the 2nd Amendment.  What do you think it's purpose is?
View Quote
The purpose of the Second Amendment is to limit government.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No restrictions. No tax stamps. Don't like it, got hurt feelings boo hoo, go feel sad somewhere else.

I'm surprised how many people pissed backward on this, there's a whole lot of brainwashed mothers out there.
View Quote
This.  Tanks.  Artillery.  Battleships.  Helicopters.  Explosives.  ALL protected by the 2A.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If Jamal is a felon he shouldn't have access to any firearm. Same with Tom, Dick and Harry.
View Quote
Oh now we are adding felon...

I though Jamal was just some dude.

Jamal the regular guy = can own an AR15
Jamal the felon = can not legally own an AR15

Not the same thing is it...
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any national leader who expects and supports a revolution every fifty years is literally insane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And, again, the 2nd Amendment does not apply to explosives or weapons. The 2nd Amendment limits government. Period.
wow, we're a million miles apart

I think it's time for you to dig deep, find your principles, and start donating to Moms Demand Action instead of the NRA.

Nothing you've said defends the use of AR15s, standard capacity mags, or civilian firearms training.

buy a shotgun
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Freedom be scary yo....
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:17:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not many individuals.

It was more like Mr Dillon owning the expensive stuff he shows in his videos today.
It was more a case of  a small town to have communal ownership of a single small artillery field piece.
Your occasional wealthy guy could afford to buy and equip a ship, which was brought up earlier in the thread . Equipping those ships was nowhere near the level of a Mon O' War, either.

It was nowhere near as common for private citizens to own warships or artillery as is being inferred here.

I don't see where this argument has anything to do with justifying people owning breaching charges today
View Quote
“For me, not thee.”

Commonality has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You were supposed to assume that because he lives in Seciton 8 housing, and his name is Jamal that he's a felon.  This is coming from a person that's telling us what's is acceptable, and what we need for exercising our rights and freedoms.  Let that sink in.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
No they didn't own warships. They owned merchant ships armed with cannons to protect from pirates. They relied on speed to flee not to fight. Show where someone owned a Man-o-War much less without a Letter of Marquee authorized from Congress. I dare you.

Battleships? In you most obscure dreams.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think it's time for you to dig deep, find your principles, and start donating to Moms Demand Action instead of the NRA.

Nothing you've said defends the use of AR15s, standard capacity mags, or civilian firearms training.

buy a shotgun
View Quote
A double barrel shotgun.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

"the right of the people (except black people) to keep and bear Arms, as long as they're for good, constructive or self-defense purposes, shall not be infringed"
View Quote
That was pretty much implied by the rest of the constitution.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No they didn't own warships. They owned merchant ships armed with cannons to protect from pirates. They relied on speed to flee not to fight. Show where someone owned a Man-o-War much less without a Letter of Marquee authorized from Congress. I dare you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still waiting for a response on this one...

@Chisum

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Then your expectations are unrealistic
We can't lock bad guys up forever.
The death penalty is a shrinking option for even the most heinous of crimes.
Society is literally filled with people who shouldn't have access to "whatever the fuck they want".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Project much?

Freedom is freedom. I want every citizen who isn't in prison to be able to own whatever the fuck they want.
Then your expectations are unrealistic
We can't lock bad guys up forever.
The death penalty is a shrinking option for even the most heinous of crimes.
Society is literally filled with people who shouldn't have access to "whatever the fuck they want".
Then we need to put those people down. It should be 100% legal to use lethal means to defend your property, without question. This guy was breaking into your garage and you shot him in the face? Have a nice day sir, just make sure you hose off the concrete.
Not to mention, if people had "whatever the fuck they want"ed and were allowed to use it, those people would have more reason to be afraid.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Until they are a component in an arty round....
View Quote
"Until" is the key word. Make an IED or pip bomb and see what happens.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
George Washington owned one.

privately owned warships comprised the majority of the Continental fighting force at sea.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There’s that dirty N word again, “need.” What does the left think you “need”? Furthermore, speak for yourself, you know what you need. Don’t presume that it does or should extend to others.
View Quote
I need Claymores, RPGs, & a T-34. Not that I could afford it, but if I win the lottery.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:25:48 AM EDT
[#31]
You are all jumping around ans shooting each other in the feet.

What is so hard to understand about what the 2nd Amendment does?

The Second Amendment does not protect any inanimate object that can be used as a weapon.

The Second Amendment limits the government. It was written to prevent the government from implementing any law such as the NFA and the GCA of 1968.

The government got away with writing those laws because people decided that guns are scary and the government will protect us.

The government isn't going to protect you. The government is going to protect its best interests. Itself.

Look at Epstein. Perfect example. He had a shit ton of incriminating information. And he killed himself in prison????

Come on man. If you don't think every free person of this nation should have access to whatever they want to defend themselves, their loved ones, and their property then there is something wrong with you.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I need Claymores, RPGs, & a T-34. Not that I could afford it, but if I win the lottery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s that dirty N word again, “need.” What does the left think you “need”? Furthermore, speak for yourself, you know what you need. Don’t presume that it does or should extend to others.
Don't forget Javelins and semtex
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're aware, of course, that privateers and merchants with Letters of Marque (not Marquee lol) made up the VAST majority of our Revolutionary War fleet and captured thousands of enemy ships.. right?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Then we need to put those people down. It should be 100% legal to use lethal means to defend your property, without question. This guy was breaking into your garage and you shot him in the face? Have a nice day sir, just make sure you hose off the concrete.
Not to mention, if people had "whatever the fuck they want"ed and were allowed to use it, those people would have more reason to be afraid.
View Quote
If people had whatever they wanted to defend themselves, we wouldn't be walking around in fear of someone breaking into places or attacking people.

An armed society is a polite society.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The Second Amendment, as written, does not apply to AR-15s, AK-47s, bolt action, semi automatic, full automatic, lever action, break action, pistols, knives, bats, or any weapon for that matter.

The Second Amendment, as written, limits government. Period.

The technology of the weapon does not matter. The limits on the government remain the same.

Our Forefathers had just finished fighting a war for our freedom against a tyrannical government. They wanted to ensure that we the people would never be put in a bad position again.

The statement "The Right of the People to Keep And Bear Arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." Has one meaning ONLY.

All gun laws are infringements. Taxation is theft.
View Quote
Ol’ George was a damned criminal then.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
All armaments are considered arms under the 2A.
View Quote
This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ol’ George was a damned criminal then.
View Quote
Who, in government, is not a criminal?

It's a very short list. I'm sure.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Still waiting for a response on this one...

@Chisum

View Quote
Don't be obtuse, you know the subject is not about black powder. I was in Civil War reenacting. Black powder and cannons are common. Duh! The discussion is about C-4, semtex, etc. People are here arguing for the right to make bombs and couch it under the 2A. Not ever going to happen. Stick with chewing bubble gum.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

privately owned warships comprised the majority of the Continental fighting force at sea.
View Quote
ROFL. He was a general and the highest ranking one at that. He was authorized by Congress. Be honest and get real.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"All the terrible implements of the soldier"

Kharn
View Quote
All the terrible implements of offense and defense.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
ROFL. He was a general and the highest ranking one at that. He was authorized by Congress. Be honest and get real.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you asked for an example of a privately held warship, he owned one. Along with MANY other people.

Generals can own private property

The Congressional authorization had to do with shooting shit legal like, not owning it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
A double barrel shotgun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

buy a shotgun
A double barrel shotgun.
Don't be a monster,

no one needs two barrels.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#43]
You don't need explosive breaching charges to hunt deer. If you do, you're not a very good hunter.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Y'all are arguing about the wrong things.

What we should be discussing is how We The People are going to bring this out of control government to heel.

But you all just keep shooting each other in the feet.....

Nobody needs this.... Nobody needs that....

Nobody needs a government sticking its nose into our everyday lives.

But, sadly, here we are.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Don't be a monster,

View Quote
One is none.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You don't need explosive breaching charges to hunt deer. If you do, you're not a very good hunter.
View Quote
Makes butchering it so much easier.

Meat so tender.... mmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Wow...with friends like these, who needs enemies!

Government agents just love the POWER that comes with them joining the Dark Side of the ruling class. As soon as they get a taste of what it’s like to have “authority” over others, they wallow in it, thrive on it, and demand that the power should only belong to them.

How quickly they forget that the government is there to SERVE THE PEOPLE. Not the other way around.

Now is when they come out and call my beliefs “cute” and “naive”.  And then they will hide behind the courts to justify their small piece of the dictatorship.

They always have a problem answering the question of “WHY was the second amendment written and included in the Bill of Rights”. (Itself a misnomer, as it should be called the “Bill of Government Limitation”, this would end some of the apparent confusion)

For the record, I believe that any citizen should be able to own whatever they please, but if misused the punishment should fit the crime...quickly, and with few appeals.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:46:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You're aware, of course, that privateers and merchants with Letters of Marque (not Marquee lol) made up the VAST majority of our Revolutionary War fleet and captured thousands of enemy ships.. right?
View Quote
Yes, I am very well aware. So have you applied for your Letter of Marque? Didn't think so. With out it you were declared a pirate and could be hung back then. Privateers were authorized combatant ships by Congress and thus subject to the rules of war. Without the letter you were just a scumbag criminal on the high seas. How about telling the truth.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All armaments are considered arms under the 2A.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
One is none.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be a monster,

One is none.
fair, I have come up with a reasonable restriction that is safe for the community.

I think civilians should only be allowed a machine that makes a really loud shotgun racking sound for self defense.  To be reasonable, you can have two.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top