Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Should older guys know their place and keep their mouths shut around stronger young guys?
View Quote

I'm an older guy and I keep my mouth shut around stronger younger guys.

I also keep my mouth shut around older, weaker men, so the keeping the mouth shut seems to stem from something else?

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:00:33 AM EDT
[#2]
OP is just meeting expectations at this point.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:15:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your post is too stupid to respond to seriously.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So where do you figure your life went wrong OP, that you find yourself obsessing over "weak old men" showing you deference?

Is this perhaps a latent homosexual thing?

And do post a pic of your fearsome self.

Still waiting on a response, OP.

@dan45678

Yes, you’ve nailed it. All of it. I thought I hid it all so well, but seeing through my defensive layers was child’s play for one as astute as you.

Awesome comeback.  Seriously.  And here I thought your game was weak.

ETA:  Good night OP.  And when you fall asleep tonight, try not to dream about penis, OK?

Your post is too stupid to respond to seriously.

It was awful presumptuous of him to think you wouldn’t dream about penis.

But for real, your thread is too stupid to respond to seriously as well, but here we all are.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

lol, the day of the pillow nears.
View Quote
I'd prefer an oxy od please.  If we're talking requests.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#5]
And here you are trolling GD, in all your glory and prowess. I didn't read the whole thing, but am guessing that OP is a yapping chihuahua.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sure, but we aren't talking about today's old guys getting a time machine so they can go back and retrieve their younger selves to fight as their champions. Fact remains that even if today's younger men are weaker than they might have been a generation ago, they're still more than a match for some guy in his 50s or 60s.
View Quote

You are going to die young or in prison.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am an "older guy."

My policy is to treat everyone with respect, unless and until they prove to me they are not worthy of it.

ETA: Marxist/Lib SJW pieces of shit have already proven they are not worthy of it, categorically.
View Quote

And BLM is not worthy of it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The level of deluded boomer cope posting in here is the funniest shit I’ve read in weeks.

There’s a reason you old fucks are barred from joining military SOF units and the like, and it’s not because you’re too strong.
View Quote
It is because of knees and backs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:55:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm staring 70 dead in the nuts. In my AO the younger guys show me respect because they know my history AND most importantly I show THEM respect by acknowledging them and their skills and positions in society. That being said when not in my AO my age allows me to see "problems" from a long long ways away. Besides, nobody likes to watch me eat their eyeball with their remaining eye. Quite disconcerting. I'm NOT a bad ass but I've made it this far. Prison looks pretty good compared to watching my family burned alive and there's NO hesitation in taking that decision. Little Johnny shit for brains may not understand that. NFG.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#11]
The older weaker guys are more likely to pull out a gun and put an end to the confrontation.  Don't fuck with them.

I can't run anymore.  I can't pick up a 200+ lb. guy and toss him up against the wall anymore.  If I try to kick someone my other knee might give out on me.  My shoulders are messed up.  If I lose my glasses I can't see much.

If something starts, I need to get it over with as quickly as possible or I'll run out of breath, strength, etc.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I ain’t as good as I once was...

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The level of deluded boomer cope posting in here is the funniest shit I’ve read in weeks.

There’s a reason you old fucks are barred from joining military SOF units and the like, and it’s not because you’re too strong.

First off, no, that’s stupidly reductive.

Even if your were right though, knee and back health still matters in a fight.

Testosterone and growth hormone levels decline with age, this is not subject to the wishful thinking of old men.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#14]
This thread is rad, but I have a theory.

People will bend this rule in whatever way suits them.

OP is right. If we're basing respect on capability of violence... that's a parabolic arc on the spectrum of deserved respect.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s because old guys have maybe one fistfight left in them, which is what we’re talking about. Young guys still have battles and wars in them.

Pretty easy, really.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

First off, no, that's stupidly reductive.

Testosterone and growth hormone levels decline with age, this is not subject to the wishful thinking of old men.
View Quote
You act as if there is nothing one can do about declines in endocrine health... No wishful thinking required.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  I am not sure why people think middle age guys are feeble.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don’t have a clue.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Second Hand Lions Bar FIGHT Scene
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Respect works both ways.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:31:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
OP is a tool who pays to suck old man cock.
View Quote

lol at the overwhelming level of butthurt on display in this humble thread.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lol.

Fucking, lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are a bunch of posts in the "Mississippi man redneck piece of shit beats kid up" thread about how Back In My Day™ kids knew better than to talk shit to adults, because adults were larger and stronger, and would just beat their asses. Respect flowed from young to old because of this time-tested dynamic, and a good time was had by all.

Okay. Should the same logic apply to older guys? If you're 58, you're almost certainly going to lose a fight with any 25-35 year old man. Should older guys know their place and keep their mouths shut around stronger young guys? If an old guy smarts off to someone in his prime, is the young guy fully justified in smacking him around?

Concerning the bolded, Really?  You are taking A LOT of variables out besides age.  Size, experience, training, etc. to name a few.

Yep. A 70 year old drill Sgt who's been retired for 15 years will straight up fuck up most 20-40 year old "males".

Lol.

Fucking, lol.

Don’t you know that most of Drill Sergeant school is training in hand to hand combat in case you run into one of those guys who would have joined but couldn’t because they’d punch the Drill Sergeant for yelling at them? It confers life long magical powers that offset the loss of muscle and bone mass and drop in testosterone.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I sorta see this too. There's definitely old guys who earned their lumps and can still kick a lot of ass, but some boomers convinced themselves that
their entire life was the bar scene from a bronx tale, on repeat, when irl picking up the dog food bag gets the k.o. by sciatica
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Better not bring fists to a gunfight.  At my age and level of fitness, all my fights are gunfights.  I am not taking a beating to satisfy some cocksucker's ego no matter how strong they are.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#28]
It’s a very third-world or ghetto outlook.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm old and I don't treat anybody with deference. I treat everyone with respect and I nearly always get that in return. As far as getting my ass kicked because I'm old, that's not likely to happen for numerous reasons.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Youth and strength are not a match for old age and treachery.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I try to be nice to everyone.

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My old man passed on several pearls of wisdom to me in my teen years.  One was:

"Be respectful to old folks. One, because it is just good manners. Two, because old folks have less to lose than most and they will no hesitate to kill you if push them too far."
View Quote

Mine told me the day before I went to Boot Camp, "No matter how big and bad you get, there will always be someone bigger and badder.  Don't go looking for trouble."  For the most part, I abided by that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Testosterone and GH apparently decline with each generation as well. I can’t remember the last time I saw a 20-something that looked anywhere close to “prime” around here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Looking back, there is a reason that most fights are between young drunk idiots. They are too stupid and lack the wisdom to avoid them. Fights that start with, you  looked at my girlfriend funny. You know, world changing events like that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Because they're weak.
View Quote

But still a lot stronger than a punk with a hole in his chest. You need to deal with the issue of why you hate your father so much.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Call the AmberLamps :)
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

But still a lot stronger than a punk with a hole in his chest. You need to deal with the issue of why you hate your father so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they're weak.

lol my dad is cool. He wouldn’t get offended if I showed him this thread.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they're weak.

Will he show you deference though?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Personally.... I won't mess with children or old people.

Children don't know any better. Their bad behavior is their parents fault.

Old people... well, I will be old one day; so out of respect I leave them alone.

Anyone in between is fair game.

Accountant
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm 57 and do BJJ. Being old sucks, but I can beat lots of younger guys.
View Quote

Same age, former golden glover that still does heavy bag work. I've surprised a few youngsters.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Exactly.
View Quote

You haven’t finished the sentence and I actually know how to fight.  Smarter not harder.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#42]
It might be much simpler if people of all ages just minded their manners, kept their mouths shut, and kept their hands to themselves.

Old men can't fight with you, they will just have to kill you, I think was how the old saying went...or something like that.  Colonel Colt made all men equal...

It is still better to mind manners, keep mouth shut, and hands to yourself.   But I guess that is too adult of behavior for some folks to grasp.

ETA: another consideration would be why shouldn't younger folks show deference to older, and wiser people?  That would make it a brains vs brawn argument.  Brains almost always wins in the long run.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Respect works both ways.
View Quote

These idiots today don’t know what that is...everything is a generational blame game to excuse their inadequacies. We had those too in lower numbers, they were called stupid fucking hippies..
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Nuts.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It might be much simpler if people of all ages just minded their manners, kept their mouths shut, and kept their hands to themselves.

Old men can't fight with you, they will just have to kill you, I think was how the old saying went...or something like that.  Colonel Colt made all men equal...

It is still better to mind manners, keep mouth shut, and hands to yourself.   But I guess that is too adult of behavior for some folks to grasp.

ETA: another consideration would be why shouldn't younger folks show deference to older, and wiser people?  That would make it a brains vs brawn argument.  Brains almost always wins in the long run.
View Quote

That’s the entire point. OP thinks might makes right when it doesn’t always. He speaks like a guy with classic Napoleon complex. Can’t bully people his own age so he wants the older men that he thinks he can beat to show him some unearned “deference”.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Mine told me the day before I went to Boot Camp, "No matter how big and bad you get, there will always be someone bigger and badder.  Don't go looking for trouble."  For the most part, I abided by that.
View Quote

My dad told me, “single that motherfucker out first and beat his ass good, then you won’t have any more problems” lol.

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Sounds like a dude wearing white reeboks and blue jean shorts rolled up in a C6 and stole OP's girl.

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#48]

lol no

26-year-old Robin Ventura charges 46-year-old Nolan Ryan, a breakdown
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#49]
OP has serious mental issues.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
OP has serious mental issues.
View Quote

He thinks boomers stole all the wealth....
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top