Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
As a 50+ yr old cop I had no problems getting it on with a 20-30 yo who wanted to go and putting them on their butt. However it did hurt more afterwards than when I was younger. The avg youngster, with some exceptions for some that grew up in the ghetto or in the white trash trailer park, can't fight for shit compared to the ones I dealt with 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

General population:
How many 25-35 year olds have ever taken a punch or been in a physical altercation of any kind?

Ask the same question of the proceeding generations.

On average, young American men have grown weak.
View Quote

I'm 51. I  grapple and spar 20-30 whatever year olds several times a week. Very few are a problem.
On the street, I'm OK but if you physically threaten me, you're probably shot before I fight you.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Old age and treachery can beat youth and enthusiasm.  Don't discount the old guy. He might just shoot you.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Beating up kids is cool though, apparently.
View Quote

Boys ain't gonna beat themselves. Wait. I'm. Mostly they ain't gonna beat themselves? No. That's still not quite right.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Does OP know what deference means?  
Defer the lifting of a heavy load to younger co-worker?  Maybe.  They have to learn to carry the weight just like I did.

Deference as in "respectful submission" to some young buck?
Respect is earned, not just given.  So No.  Because I don't give a fuck.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
OP feels threatened by something. Im guessing he got put in his place by an older man and got his feelings hurt.
This thread had to originate from OPs feelings of inadequacy
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Because they're weak.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol. Old guys will shoot your ass.

Because they're weak.

So be an ass to them?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That’s the entire point. OP thinks might makes right when it doesn’t always. He speaks like a guy with classic Napoleon complex. Can’t bully people his own age so he wants the older men that he thinks he can beat to show him some unearned “deference”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It might be much simpler if people of all ages just minded their manners, kept their mouths shut, and kept their hands to themselves.

Old men can't fight with you, they will just have to kill you, I think was how the old saying went...or something like that.  Colonel Colt made all men equal...

It is still better to mind manners, keep mouth shut, and hands to yourself.   But I guess that is too adult of behavior for some folks to grasp.

ETA: another consideration would be why shouldn't younger folks show deference to older, and wiser people?  That would make it a brains vs brawn argument.  Brains almost always wins in the long run.

That’s the entire point. OP thinks might makes right when it doesn’t always. He speaks like a guy with classic Napoleon complex. Can’t bully people his own age so he wants the older men that he thinks he can beat to show him some unearned “deference”.

lol if you actually read the thread, instead of foaming at the mouth in anger at my imprudence, you’d see I think the opposite of might makes right.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP has serious mental issues.
View Quote

Could you describe them in clinical terms and then give an indication of the usual course of treatment for those diagnosed with my condition?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Defer the lifting of a heavy load to younger co-worker?  Maybe.  They have to learn to carry the weight just like I did.

View Quote

So should 11 year olds give respect to 45 year olds before the 45 year olds earn it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So be an ass to them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they're weak.

So be an ass to them?

Apparently.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There are a bunch of posts in the "Mississippi man redneck piece of shit beats kid up" thread about how Back In My Day™ kids knew better than to talk shit to adults, because adults were larger and stronger, and would just beat their asses. Respect flowed from young to old because of this time-tested dynamic, and a good time was had by all.

Okay. Should the same logic apply to older guys? If you're 58, you're almost certainly going to lose a fight with any 25-35 year old man. Should older guys know their place and keep their mouths shut around stronger young guys? If an old guy smarts off to someone in his prime, is the young guy fully justified in smacking him around?
View Quote
\

I'm in on that bet.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

lol if you actually read the thread, instead of foaming at the mouth in anger at my imprudence, you’d see I think the opposite of might makes right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It might be much simpler if people of all ages just minded their manners, kept their mouths shut, and kept their hands to themselves.

Old men can't fight with you, they will just have to kill you, I think was how the old saying went...or something like that.  Colonel Colt made all men equal...

It is still better to mind manners, keep mouth shut, and hands to yourself.   But I guess that is too adult of behavior for some folks to grasp.

ETA: another consideration would be why shouldn't younger folks show deference to older, and wiser people?  That would make it a brains vs brawn argument.  Brains almost always wins in the long run.

‘Kay Napoleon (that’s not deference, it’s sarcasm)
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Respect your elders
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Could you describe them in clinical terms and then give an indication of the usual course of treatment for those diagnosed with my condition?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Clinical term is faggot. It's usually accompanied by a regular dosage of cock taken orally and anally.

It must get you off to get a rise out of these fucking boomers. Bottom line is that while they might get their asses handed to them by somebody in their prime that knows how to fight, they'd likely kick your ass. So, show some respect.

I'd wager that you're starting shit with these folks on the internet, because 1. you're a pussy, 2. you've been picked on your whole life, 3. you've never had the cajones to get into a fight, and 4. you've developed an inferiority complex due to it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So should 11 year olds give respect to 45 year olds before the 45 year olds earn it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, did you suffer some some of massive head trauma when you were a toddler?

Because you really need to go sit in the corner with some coloring books . . .
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Respect your elders
View Quote

Seriously, why?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lol. Clinical term is faggot. It's usually accompanied by a regular dosage of cock taken orally and anally.

It must get you off to get a rise out of these fucking boomers. Bottom line is that while they might get their asses handed to them by somebody in their prime that knows how to fight, they'd likely kick your ass. So, show some respect.

I'd wager that you're starting shit with these folks on the internet, because 1. you're a pussy, 2. you've been picked on your whole life, 3. you've never had the cajones to get into a fight, and 4. you've developed an inferiority complex due to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brilliant! I see old men and middle schoolers not only have in common that they should respect men in their 20s and 30s, but also the sophistication of their humor.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Seriously, did you suffer some some of massive head trauma when you were a toddler?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love how you guys are COMPLETELY unwilling to even think about this shit. You just believe what was handed down to you by “muh daddeh and grandaddeh” and that’s the extent of it. Such intellect.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#21]
There’s a mom joke in here somewhere. Just saying.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Brilliant! I see old men and middle schoolers not only have in common that they should respect men in their 20s and 30s, but also the sophistication of their humor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. You make a lot of assumptions. But, my 4 points are dead accurate. I guarantee it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Seriously, why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Respect your elders

Seriously, why?

Because the principle of reciprocity is as close to universal a social norm in human society as you're going to find.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I love how you guys are COMPLETELY unwilling to even think about this shit. You just believe what was handed down to you by "muh daddeh and grandaddeh" and that's the extent of it. Such intellect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love how you guys are COMPLETELY unwilling to even think about this shit. You just believe what was handed down to you by "muh daddeh and grandaddeh" and that's the extent of it. Such intellect.

I responded to your thread at length and was perfectly willing to accept some of what you said....and you opted to ignore the rest.

"Clever" comebacks for 9 pages isn't exactly intellectual excellence.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I love how you guys are COMPLETELY unwilling to even think about this shit. You just believe what was handed down to you by “muh daddeh and grandaddeh” and that’s the extent of it. Such intellect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your proposal has been roundly rejected as retarded.  In most people that prompts some consideration...
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Seriously, why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Respect your elders

Seriously, why?

How old are you again?  Has that already been covered?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Thirty years ago the 58 year old guys were Korean war vets who would beat the ever living shit out of a snot nosed 25 year old, with zero fucks given.

40 years ago, it was the WW2 vets.

Today?  Maybe you'll get a 58 year old vet who will beat the ever living shit out of you, or maybe you'll get someone who's been soft their entire life.

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Because they're weak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they're weak.

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's nothing to think about. Respect for one's elders is the mark of a man, lack of it is indicative of a child who will never grow up.

My father and grandfather, and those that came before them, are thankfully no longer here to see how far those like you have sunk.

You disgust me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#32]
After pondering on it I can only think of two under 30 men that I would listen to or seek advice from but even then it would just be on certain things we share a common interest in.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#33]
found op at the mall
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Lol. You make a lot of assumptions. But, my 4 points are dead accurate. I guarantee it.
View Quote

No assumptions needed to recognize that your humor stopped developing at age 12 lol. You have the entire internet available to you for hilarious and entertaining shit posting and you’ve squandered it, like the lowest Nietzschean last man imaginable.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There's nothing to think about. Respect for one's elders is the mark of a man, lack of it is indicative of a child who will never grow up.

My father and grandfather, and those that came before them, are thankfully no longer here to see how far those like you have sunk.

You disgust me.
View Quote

Lol, so basically, I was spot on in my assessment of you.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't think YOU should "respect your elders."

Among the decent, well-raised members of our society, there are certain behaviors that are taught to children, by the parents.  Usually this instruction comes in the form of simply setting the example.

Those who do NOT behave this way -either by not being raised this way, or by choice- are easy to identify, and are treated accordingly.

WE all appreciate you making yourself easy to identify.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think YOU should "respect your elders."

Among the decent, well-raised members of our society, there are certain behaviors that are taught to children, by the parents.  Usually this instruction comes in the form of simply setting the example.

Those who do NOT behave this way -either by not being raised this way, or by choice- are easy to identify, and are treated accordingly.

WE all appreciate you making yourself easy to identify.

There is a difference between treating one's elders with respect, out of kindness, and actually having deep respect for them within the privacy of one’s head. While the argument to be made for the former is fairly clear, arguments for the latter are lacking.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No assumptions needed to recognize that your humor stopped developing at age 12 lol. You have the entire internet available to you for hilarious and entertaining shit posting and you’ve squandered it, like the lowest Nietzschean last man imaginable.
View Quote

Lmfao. Again, you're making the assumption that my humor is one dimensional. You aren't as intelligent as your mommy has told you that you are.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
like the lowest Nietzschean last man imaginable.
View Quote

that nails it. move out of moms basement and live a life.

respect others and respect will be reciprocated.

respect is a product of a mature adult who is secure with himself.

entitled op post is entitled.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You can’t remember huh?

Going senile in your 50’s is a serious problem you should have that looked at.
View Quote

'20 is the new '13...
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Lmfao. Again, you're making the assumption that my humor is one dimensional. You aren't as intelligent as your mommy has told you that you are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Is op still weirdly obsessing over something he had no part in?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
like the lowest Nietzschean last man imaginable.

Those who don’t shitpost never truly live.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

My mom says that,also says I'm handsome
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#45]
If anything the younger guy needs to keep his trap shut, out of respect for an older person.
That's something that is sorely missing in our modern culture.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The level of deluded boomer cope posting in here is the funniest shit I’ve read in weeks.

There’s a reason you old fucks are barred from joining military SOF units and the like, and it’s not because you’re too strong.
View Quote

Not sure if retread or retard . . .
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Because they're weak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they're weak.

Because we no longer give a shit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#49]
To be fair, that PlayStation and XBox does teach some pretty dope fighting moves.   Do people still say dope as an adjective?   I'd favor experience myself.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
To be fair, that PlayStation and XBox does teach some pretty dope fighting moves.   Do people still say dope as an adjective?   I'd favor experience myself.
View Quote

no, "dope" is out.  "Fetch" is in.  As in, "that's so fetch."
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top