Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:11:13 AM EDT
[#1]
You got beat by one?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well there..  Fellow asshole!  That's a nice shitbox!
View Quote

Apparently I have an affinity for shitboxes like these and I have also owned TWO Fieros.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:12:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That just looks like a clean first gen Durango.
View Quote
Except what he has under the hood, isn't.

He has shared it before.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:14:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

In my opinion, AMG is the definition of “souped up shitbox”  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one cares if a V8 swapped and turboed Fiero can go faster in a straight line than an AMG, because it's still a fucking Fiero.

In my opinion, AMG is the definition of “souped up shitbox”  

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Horseshit.  That is a horrible way to extrapolate a data set.

It is far from that simple and it depends on what you mean by peopel with planes.

NOT talking about the private jet crowd:

A lot of people HAVE to drive a basic car to have an airplane, It is a choice they make but airplane people tend to be car people.   As they move up the ladder, I would say the vast majority of people  who can have a plane and a cool car(s), do.

The private jet crowd has more than one car and almost universally expensive cars, even if they are rich guy boring. (An S Class, 7 Series, Lexus, or an expensive truck....)   People also do not tend to leave high end flashy cars at the airport, even the private terminals.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's how I feel about all cars. I don't want the attention of strangers in public. Go to airports near big cities where people have some money. You'll see the majority of people with planes driving fairly basic vehicles.

Horseshit.  That is a horrible way to extrapolate a data set.

It is far from that simple and it depends on what you mean by peopel with planes.

NOT talking about the private jet crowd:

A lot of people HAVE to drive a basic car to have an airplane, It is a choice they make but airplane people tend to be car people.   As they move up the ladder, I would say the vast majority of people  who can have a plane and a cool car(s), do.

The private jet crowd has more than one car and almost universally expensive cars, even if they are rich guy boring. (An S Class, 7 Series, Lexus, or an expensive truck....)   People also do not tend to leave high end flashy cars at the airport, even the private terminals.

All this.

Quite a few of my clients have planes, from single engine deals they fly themselves to private jets.

That said, one of the wealthier guys I deal with has a 12 year old Honda Odyssey as his driver at his CA house ($30,000,000 beach house).
In conversation, I asked him what he drove at his primary residence.
A 10 year old Suburban.
Interesting guy, worth a couple hundred million. He also flew coach everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:16:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Had my car tuned and some other mods.   Nothing around here could touch it.  I've nearly touched 200 mph, slick.  Sh$t box would fall apart and leave the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just haven't run up against the right " shitbox" yet. I have ridden in 900 + HP Honda Civics and VWs when they have walked on all kinds of expensive euro trash........ Porsches included.

Also some 1200 HP street legal American muscle cars too.  I don't know many factory purchased cars that can run in the 7s and 8s.

Hats off to the shitbox builders.

ETA: Bring your porsche to this guys house.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DDswtLUhdM
Had my car tuned and some other mods.   Nothing around here could touch it.  I've nearly touched 200 mph, slick.  Sh$t box would fall apart and leave the road.

Just post up some time slips and show what ETs you ran. Real simple. LOL!   10+ second 1/4 miles aren't the fastest thing on the streets I can tell you that.

You might not know that because you are a buy kind of guy.  I suppose there might not be a car at your country club that can touch it but there are shitboxes that sure can.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That just looks like a clean first gen Durango.
View Quote

With a Hemi in it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But at the end of the day, it's still an old shitbox.

Who's the real winner?

The guy that spent a shit ton less to go faster than a guy who spent a fortune ?

Meh.

Is the faster car also more luxurious and comfortable?

Without a doubt.

It's also not fuck ugly and likely to explode when you step on the gas.

I’m a car guy. I’ve got a “shitbox” foxbody project sitting in the garage.

If I threw $25k at the Fox I MIGHT be able to get it to perform with the AMG, but a remap of the AMG for $3k and the Fox would need another $10-15k to keep up.

And the Fox would still be a POS that got no respect at the valet.

AMGs loose value because they aren’t the new hotness and every time one goes to the dealer they want to install new tires.

Now this is some good insight.

Which AMG do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

GL63

Nice.

It’s the little things.

Like the unnecessary shift at slight throttle from a dead stop that results in a satisfying exhaust snort. A snort that makes the car next to speed up and cut you off because they though you actually were trying to “go.”

AMGs for the most part are just hot rodded MBs. It would be different if they were designed from the ground up to be sports cars.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:17:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Op is mad because some LS swapped mid 80s shit box with a Taiwan tornado maker gapped him.
View Quote

Can we still call them Whuan war whistles or is it too soon?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:19:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That is lost on so many people.

Was at a domestic (and domestic powered) car show and watched a kid get shit all over by a bunch of checkbook hotrodders.
His car was an obviously garage built Nissan S13 (240SX) with a FWD 5.3 LSX setup stuffed behind the seats.
It was rough around the edges but I thought it was one of the cooler cars there. Finally got fed up with the jorts wearing 55+ asshats and said something along those lines out loud.
"This is hotrodding right here"
I really could appreciate the blood, sweat and tears invested in it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People make due with what they must.

And so do you OP.  It is doubtful you have your dream car.  You had to make a compromise.

I like car people not car snobs.  Kids souping up shitbox Hondas and the like are the spiritual successors to the hot rodders of yore.

Was at a domestic (and domestic powered) car show and watched a kid get shit all over by a bunch of checkbook hotrodders.
His car was an obviously garage built Nissan S13 (240SX) with a FWD 5.3 LSX setup stuffed behind the seats.
It was rough around the edges but I thought it was one of the cooler cars there. Finally got fed up with the jorts wearing 55+ asshats and said something along those lines out loud.

I brought my little bobber that I built to a big assed bike gathering one day.  Bikes everywhere.. Harleys,  indians,  triumphs...  the list goes on...  This big guy with tats and a vest with a SOS rocker on it walked over and pointed at my little Yamiha bobber with a little springy seat and drag bars and yells "WHO'S IS THIS!".

I said "mine".

he asked if he could sit on it.  I said have at it.  He sat on it for a bit while we talked.  Right between songs on the pa system... He stands up and hollars.. "You know!  This is a bike!  This guy built this! FUCK THOSE BOUGHT SHOWROOM BIKES! I LOVE THIS THING!"  while scanning the rows with his pointer finger and then pointing at mine...    

I was like...  

And then there is this!  
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:21:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You just haven't run up against the right " shitbox" yet. I have ridden in 900 + HP Honda Civics and VWs when they have walked on all kinds of expensive euro trash........ Porsches included.

Also some 1200 HP street legal American muscle cars too.  I don't know many factory purchased cars that can run in the 7s and 8s.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never got stumped in my 911 Twin Turbo with AWD.  Busted everything on the street to include a 458 F car.

Buddy of mine used to build fast aircooled VWs.

We used to put a couple of sandbags in the front of his bug to keep the front wheels on the ground and go corvette hunting.
Turbo 2276 in a 65 bug.
He subsequently developed a bad dorito habit and started building rotary powered bugs. (because keeping high strung VW engines alive was apparently too easy).
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:22:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And you are aware that "eurotrash" cars that are built for performance can be tuned to 13 or 1400 HP too, right?  And that POS Honda is still a POS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you are aware that "eurotrash" cars that are built for performance can be tuned to 13 or 1400 HP too, right?  And that POS Honda is still a POS

LOL! Yeah, and your factory built and bought euro trash uber car will still get smoked by some dude who built his car in his garage. Funny, you don't see many "tuned" eurotrash cars being run in any kind of competitions.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:23:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I respect the shitbox more.  There’s nothing special or redeeming about writing a big check for something generic that anyone with the same sized checkbook could have.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:23:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Meh, buddy used to work for honda.

Told me about a 600+ hp Odyssey they had as a test platform.

I'd buy it.

View Quote

There is a 1k+ hp Turbo K24 AWD one under construction right now.

Yotuber is building it, second rehash of the platform. I wanna say it was 700hp before.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:25:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We used to put a couple of sandbags in the front of his bug to keep the front wheels on the ground and go corvette hunting.
Turbo 2276 in a 65 bug.
He subsequently developed a bad dorito habit and started building rotary powered bugs. (because keeping high strung VW engines alive was apparently too easy).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never got stumped in my 911 Twin Turbo with AWD.  Busted everything on the street to include a 458 F car.

Turbo 2276 in a 65 bug.

Buddy had an 87 Shelby CSX that we put a SRT4 Spec 2.4 in with a Holeset HX40.  We loved to go hunting in that shitbox.  It hurt lots of feelings.  I posted some pics here a while back and the hate flowed everywhere..  It was amusing.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:26:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I love OP's opinion. That's the perspective that leads to expensive/flashy car owners getting pissy when a shitbox gaps their precious in front of other people.

If someone put the time and effort into building a fast shitbox, that's probably the payoff they're looking for.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I brought my little bobber that I built to a big assed bike gathering one day.  Bikes everywhere.. Harleys,  indians,  triumphs...  the list goes on...  This big guy with tats and a vest with a SOS rocker on it walked over and pointed at my little Yamiha bobber with a little springy seat and drag bars and yells "WHO'S IS THIS!".

I said "mine".

he asked if he could sit on it.  I said have at it.  He sat on it for a bit while we talked.  Right between songs on the pa system... He stands up and hollars.. "You know!  This is a bike!  This guy built this! FUCK THOSE BOUGHT SHOWROOM BIKES! I LOVE THIS THING!"  while scanning the rows with his pointer finger and then pointing at mine...    

I was like...  

And then there is this!  
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/183526/2018-07-18_12-48-06_jpg-1359918.JPG

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/2czrhbk-8.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People make due with what they must.

And so do you OP.  It is doubtful you have your dream car.  You had to make a compromise.

I like car people not car snobs.  Kids souping up shitbox Hondas and the like are the spiritual successors to the hot rodders of yore.

I said "mine".

I was like...  

And then there is this!  
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/183526/2018-07-18_12-48-06_jpg-1359918.JPG

That thing makes me smile everytime I see it.
Partially because it is cool as hell.
Partially because there is some purist somewhere that is angry that it exists.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:27:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OP is a souped up shitbox on this forum.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:28:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's cool as hell and I laugh at the guys who get angry.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:29:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

LOL! Yeah, and your factory built and bought euro trash uber car will still get smoked by some dude who built his car in his garage. Funny, you don't see many "tuned" eurotrash cars being run in any kind of competitions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do, just the courses have a lot of turns and the drivers use a different car than their daily.

Also, any grown up with a $100k plus car who can be goaded into a stoplight race with “shitbox” needs a better therapist.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:30:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Buddy had an 87 Shelby CSX that we put a SRT4 Spec 2.4 in with a Holeset HX40.  We loved to go hunting in that shitbox.  It hurt lots of feelings.  I posted some pics here a while back and the hate flowed everywhere..  It was amusing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turbo 2276 in a 65 bug.

My BIL who recently passed left three  9 second street cars to his son. Two 69 Camaros and a 67 Chevelle. Really nice cars. Built 350 and two built 427s.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:31:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What competitions are you referring to?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:32:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I respect the shitbox more.  There’s nothing special or redeeming about writing a big check for something generic that anyone with the same sized checkbook could have.
View Quote

Depending on the car, it’s not that easy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:32:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

When it goes to gatherings It gets far more likes that I thought it would.  But there is no middle.  People like it... or they flipping hate it!  

I want to have an under hood pad made for it.  So when the hood is opened there is a rising sun on the bottom of the hood for all to see!  
Thattl twist some titties!  
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:34:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I said "mine".

I was like...  

And then there is this!  

View Quote
I am by no means a gear head and frankly, I suck at working on cars.  I recently bought an 80s C4, I understand what they are and understand that they are the red headed step child of vettes.  They are cheap, have poor performance etc etc.

I don't care, I like them.  I really like mine, a lot.  

A bit after I bought it I was invited to a local car meet.  I said..err...this thing is 100% stock and...it's an 80s car.  It's about as special as a ford focus.  The person said doesn't matter, if you like cars, bring yours and come hang out with us at the meet.

I met some really cool people and have gone a few times now.  They don't care what you show up with.  It could be a piece of shit rust bucket, falling apart on the way there or the fastest thing in town.  If you like cars, they will invite you to come hang out on a Saturday night at whatever local meet.

Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:34:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They do, just the courses have a lot of turns and the drivers use a different car than their daily.

Also, any grown up with a $100k plus car who can be goaded into a stoplight race with “shitbox” needs a better therapist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah um the track!  That's what the streets of America are..... just like a track.  Euro trash driver says " shit, damn it..... if we were on a track I would smoke your ass!! "  as the shitbox driver gives him the finger while pulling away from him.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:34:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goaded into it is one thing. Some people just wanna go fast and have fun, doesn't matter if it is a $5k homespun shitbox or a 7 figure hypercar.
It is laughing and giving a thumbs up in your alcantera and leather lined interior when you get gapped by a Civic with a sewer pipe hood dump that makes you a good sport and a "normal" car guy.
People take that shit far too seriously.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:35:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I can't afford an AMG.

Yet here I am, accepting that my inferior vehicle is indeed inferior.
View Quote
I'm not arguing that your shitbox isn't a shitbox...it probably is.  But not all shitboxes are equal..or inferior to high dollar cars.

The reality is that performance costs money, shitbox or not.  Spending your money for a performance car that looks good isn't about performance...its about looks...or at least appearances.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:36:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey op lets see a shit box do the cannon ball run like the Mercedes did it like a boss .

top speed 193mph .
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#30]
What's the matter OP?  

A swapped Fiero took you to Gapplebee's?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the American competitions !!  Good ol' drag racing and NASCAR !  Or the kind of competitions that take place on the streets of America......
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:37:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Your wrong opinion is noted.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:37:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'd rather it be built by the best robots designed by the best engineers.
View Quote
You know what those engineers do with their spare time?  

Build stuff in their garage.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:42:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I am by no means a gear head and frankly, I suck at working on cars.  I recently bought an 80s C4, I understand what they are and understand that they are the red headed step child of vettes.  They are cheap, have poor performance etc etc.

A bit after I bought it I was invited to a local car meet.  I said..err...this thing is 100% stock and...it's an 80s car.  It's about as special as a ford focus.  The person said doesn't matter, if you like cars, bring yours and come hang out with us at the meet.

I met some really cool people and have gone a few times now.  They don't care what you show up with.  It could be a piece of shit rust bucket, falling apart on the way there or the fastest thing in town.  If you like cars, they will invite you to come hang out on a Saturday night at whatever local meet.

Kind of a dumb story but I thought it was cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said "mine".

I was like...  

And then there is this!  

Kind of a dumb story but I thought it was cool.

Those are the good guys.  They know what its about.  

None of that sniveling,  looking down their nose at you because they feel you are beneath them and their superior checkbook.  

I love when I go to the track and someone sees the old 83 Mercury Capri small tire door slammer with the intake proudly towering through the hood and proceeds to scoff at it.  Then it rips off an 8 second pass.  It has been flirting with the 7's the last few races.  

It isnt bought...  
Attachment Attached File

Its made...
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Even learned to anodize.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:42:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I met some really cool people and have gone a few times now.  They don't care what you show up with.  It could be a piece of shit rust bucket, falling apart on the way there, a beautiful classic with rumbling big block or the fastest foreign car in town.  If you like cars, they will invite you to come hang out on a Saturday night at whatever local show or meet.

Pretty cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said "mine".

I was like...  

And then there is this!  

I met some really cool people and have gone a few times now.  They don't care what you show up with.  It could be a piece of shit rust bucket, falling apart on the way there, a beautiful classic with rumbling big block or the fastest foreign car in town.  If you like cars, they will invite you to come hang out on a Saturday night at whatever local show or meet.

Pretty cool.

I went to a Landcuiser meet years back and couldn't find parking so I drove up to the gate and asked where I could park (show was LCs only, I was in my 87 toyota 4x4 pickup).
Was invited to just park on the grass with the Landcuisers. Yeah, same brand and all but most of these were high dollar builds or restorations, my truck had no business being "shown" nor had I intended to.
Was pretty surprised at all the questions and positive feedback I got.

Honestly, most of the car people I have met have been pretty cool and open minded. The checkbook billet rodders can be a mixed bag and there are elements of the import scene in CA you have to be wary of (big gang presence).
Oddly, the lowrider guys are usually cool as shit.

Most fun crowd was the minitruck guys back in the day. The Orange County truck jam was a yearly stop for my friends and I.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:43:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah um the track!  That's what the streets of America are..... just like a track.  Euro trash driver says " shit, damn it..... if we were on a track I would smoke your ass!! "  as the shitbox driver gives him the finger while pulling away from him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typically I think, “what an idiot,” if I give it much thought at all.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:45:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#39]
A buddy of mine is very money smart, pretty wealthy, and at times a total cheapass not unlike most wealthy people. He decides to make a kit car turning a Fiero into a Murcielago. Hes a very crafty guy and the work he did was intricate I mean this car came out beautifully. He spent probably a good 60 grand buying OEM Lambo lights, emblems, rims, gauges, upholstery and paint. But then the cheapass slinked in and he didnt do a damn thing to upgrade that engine... Here it is this absolutely beautiful clone supercar he went balls out to replicate down to a T and it's got a little golf cart motor pushing it. Just didnt make sense to me... Oh well, the chicks I picked up at the clubs when I borrowed it never noticed the difference so it served its purpose
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No one cares if a V8 swapped and turboed Fiero can go faster in a straight line than an AMG, because it's still a fucking Fiero.
View Quote

I'm more of a truck guy, but I'd do questionable things that would shame me for a LS swapped turbo'd Fiero.  Even though I knew those things were POS quality and lackluster power, they had the "look" in the 80s.  I'd love to see one built into what it "should" have been.

I like the builders.  It takes no vision and skill to throw money at a pre-built car that is the product of a team of engineers and a design team.  It DOES speak to your financial success, and I give credit where that credit is due.  However, a "shitbox" builder can be a true artist, craftsman, and visionary.

When a man says, "I am broke, but I will build this..."
When a man says, "This shit is really crazy and may well kill me, but fuck it.. I'm doing it..."
He embodies the spirit of America.  He is my kind of people.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:46:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Those are the good guys.  They know what its about.  

None of that sniveling,  looking down their nose at you because they feel you are beneath them and their superior checkbook.  

I love when I go to the track and someone sees the old 83 Mercury Capri small tire door slammer with the intake proudly towering through the hood and proceeds to scoff at it.  Then it rips off an 8 second pass.  It has been flirting with the 7's the last few races.  

It isnt bought...  
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/183526/IMG_20170429_121923527_jpg-1359934.JPG

Its made...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/183526/1202181014_jpg-1359935.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/183526/image_jpg-1359936.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/183526/0101191303_jpg-1359937.JPG

Even learned to anodize.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:47:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Goaded into it is one thing. Some people just wanna go fast and have fun, doesn't matter if it is a $5k homespun shitbox or a 7 figure hypercar.
It is laughing and giving a thumbs up in your alcantera and leather lined interior when you get gapped by a Civic with a sewer pipe hood dump that makes you a good sport and a "normal" car guy.
People take that shit far too seriously.
View Quote

This is an understatement. My neighbor invited me to a meet last year. The entire thing was a group arguing whose car was faster while blaming each other for "hidden" modifications. The most amusing this is that no one ended up doing any "racing" to prove anything because they all hid behind chicken shit bets while claiming the other side owed them from some past race that likely never happened. What the heck happened to just lining up and giving it a go?

I'm so out of touch with the street scene these days. The track and autocross events are just so much nicer.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:48:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Why the American competitions !!  Good ol' drag racing and NASCAR !  Or the kind of competitions that take place on the streets of America......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the dumb kinds of motorsport?

F1 > NASCAR
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

F1 > NASCAR
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

F1 > NASCAR

Oh.  So you plan on racing your dream AMG in F1 then?  
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:50:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I went to a Landcuiser meet years back and couldn't find parking so I drove up to the gate and asked where I could park (show was LCs only, I was in my 87 toyota 4x4 pickup).
Was invited to just park on the grass with the Landcuisers. Yeah, same brand and all but most of these were high dollar builds or restorations, my truck had no business being "shown" nor had I intended to.

Honestly, most of the car people I have met have been pretty cool and open minded. The checkbook billet rodders can be a mixed bag and there are elements of the import scene in CA you have to be wary of (big gang presence).

Most fun crowd was the minitruck guys back in the day. The Orange County truck jam was a yearly stop for my friends and I.
View Quote

Remember those fuckin mini trucks everygodamnwhere back in mid 80s in OC.

Few years later and they were those high anxiety trucks. Super lifted SR5s

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:51:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

F1 > NASCAR

You plan on racing that truck in NASCAR?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:52:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still smile when I see a mini truck.  They are apparently still a thing.   There are a few making a comeback here and there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:53:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

F1 > NASCAR

I never mentioned NASCAR.  Or racing that truck.   LOL  
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:54:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

F1 > NASCAR

I was responding to a post that mentioned NASCAR.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:55:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

F1 > NASCAR
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

F1 > NASCAR

LOL!  I'll be looking for you when you take your AMG to F1!!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top