Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 23
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well I was wrong last time but I’ll take the other side of that.  As the recession wears on and biden drains the national reserve, oil has dropped to $81.  That really drives inflation a lot.  Yes it’s still up and especially food (holy shit I paid almost $7 for a gal of milk last week)

I think they’re throwing everything they’ve got at the midterms and will fudge the numbers to look like inflation is down and the fed has got it under control. I’m guessing half a point and the market runs up before the election.
View Quote

While gas is down, vehicles. rent, and mortgages are big up. Powell isn’t going to back down no matter how much Wall Street cries. Money has to be sucked out. Pain has to flow.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Because I restricted it too low.

I give zero fucks if I lose my job. I’d have people beating down my door to employ me. Or just retire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This didn’t age well. Lol.

Neither will yours. There's another leg down on the way.  The FED is just beginning to suck liquidity out of the market.

All of this fake money has to come out of the market for it to reach a true valuation.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/422/Screenshot__39_-2517904.png

Short term?  Likely. Long term?  Not likely at all.

I say again. Cash is getting eaten alive. I’ll just stick to my long term strategy, the market is a long term bull.

I just upped my SBLOC, I’m plenty liquid.

But it has been a bull on coke. Now we need to detox it. Problem is its going to be worse than a bull in a china shop as it detoxes. Wrecks everything.

That would be awesome. More buy low.

As long as the place your income comes from isn’t effected. Why up you sbloc? To buy more?

I give zero fucks if I lose my job. I’d have people beating down my door to employ me. Or just retire.

Oh shit! Look at you all important and stuff…lol.

But seriously, are you borrowing against your portfolio that is already borrowed money to buy more stocks? Cause thats rock star shit.

I’m in. But I’d wait. No where near the bottom yet.(which means moar profit)
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How much money have you lost this year?  I bet it's a fucking metric shit ton.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

7 years and you’ll double your money.  If you. Just keep buying way way shorter.

Got to sell to lose.

Eh, got to sell to gain too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

While gas is down, vehicles. rent, and mortgages are big up. Powell isn’t going to back down no matter how much Wall Street cries. Money has to be sucked out. Pain has to flow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I was wrong last time but I’ll take the other side of that.  As the recession wears on and biden drains the national reserve, oil has dropped to $81.  That really drives inflation a lot.  Yes it’s still up and especially food (holy shit I paid almost $7 for a gal of milk last week)

I think they’re throwing everything they’ve got at the midterms and will fudge the numbers to look like inflation is down and the fed has got it under control. I’m guessing half a point and the market runs up before the election.

Powell said pain is coming.  And I take him at his word.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't book a loss if you never sell.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But seriously, are you borrowing against your portfolio that is already borrowed money to buy more stocks? Cause thats rock star shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither will yours. There's another leg down on the way.  The FED is just beginning to suck liquidity out of the market.

All of this fake money has to come out of the market for it to reach a true valuation.

I say again. Cash is getting eaten alive. I’ll just stick to my long term strategy, the market is a long term bull.

But it has been a bull on coke. Now we need to detox it. Problem is its going to be worse than a bull in a china shop as it detoxes. Wrecks everything.

As long as the place your income comes from isn’t effected. Why up you sbloc? To buy more?

No. The SBLOC while it is a margin line of credit, funds cannot be used to buy securities.

I had to fill out all kinds of paper work to open it. The check boxes of “general liquidity”, “funds will not be used to purchase securities”, etc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Net worth is a thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got to sell to lose.

Eh, got to sell to gain too.

Net worth is a thing.

Net worth is abstract and fluid.

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No. The SBLOC while it is a margin line of credit, funds cannot be used to buy securities.

I had to fill out all kinds of paper work to open it. The check boxes of “general liquidity”, “funds will not be used to purchase securities”, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Directly AND indirectly? Cause we can work around that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  He isn't making it a secret.

So, the time to be a big fat bull was the declining rate environment especially the last several years.  I admit I missed out on making as much as I could have because of my pessimism and frankly disbelief that the fed would continue printing money.  And lowering rates more and more and more.

But here we are.  Inflation is starting to eat people alive.  The Fed is flat out saying they are withdrawing liquidity to fight inflation and will continue to do so even if it causes pain and it will be painful.

We had a one month drip drop in CPI.  PPI, which doesn't manifest for three to six months is awful, and all that means is we aren't going to see inflation meaningfully reduce for probably a year.  In the meantime rates will continue to rise.

We are not in a declining rate environment any more.  Glib carelessness is one way to live life.  In the meantime I guess I will exercise caution.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. But I’m not stupid enough to trigger a demand event or invite the man into my life.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah. But I’m not stupid enough to trigger a demand event or invite the man into my life.
View Quote
Yup that would be bad.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crypto to the moon!
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Crypto to the moon!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crypto to the moon!

Thanks!!!  That’s not a security so I can use the funds for that!!  Thanks bro!

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So, the time to be a big fat bull was the declining rate environment especially the last several years.  I admit I missed out on making as much as I could have because of my pessimism and frankly disbelief that the fed would continue printing money.  And lowering rates more and more and more.

But here we are.  Inflation is starting to eat people alive.  The Fed is flat out saying they are withdrawing liquidity to fight inflation and will continue to do so even if it causes pain and it will be painful.

We had a one month drip drop in CPI.  PPI, which doesn't manifest for three to six months is awful, and all that means is we aren't going to see inflation meaningfully reduce for probably a year.  In the meantime rates will continue to rise.

We are not in a declining rate environment any more.  Glib carelessness is one way to live life.  In the meantime I guess I will exercise caution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The other challenge is that inflation will induce further inflation via human behavior. Which is why the Fed has to stomp it out fast.

35 years of declining interest rates brought us to this point. And now the can can’t be kicked. Unless we go full Venezuela.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So, buy time?

View All Quotes
I just keep on buying, regardless of market conditions...
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is the way.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Nvidia stock has bent me over without any lube, but as others have said, I keep buying with every paycheck.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Nvidia stock has bent me over without any lube, but as others have said, I keep buying with every paycheck.
View Quote

You misspelled AMD
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

IDK why you do things like that.

You have a sell button, use it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stops also exist for a reason. I learned that the hard way myself.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I love spidey posts.

Can't you be a doomer and a bull?

Spend a few k on emergency stuff over the course of a few years

Think and prepare for unanticipated situations

Minimize bad debt as a percentage of take home income

Have a robust emergency fund

Invest in yourself and your professional "worth"

Maximize your investment into diverse assets, real-estate, the market, ect

Being a doomer is cheap. Save 6 months of emergency funds. Spend a few k on essential supplies.

Otherwise be a bull
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, I do need to get better about selling.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#29]
If it is indeed the end of the world, the doomers need to buy SPXS
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Powell speaking right now. Honk honk.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol market went up yesterday.

He must speak to bring the excitement down.

PAIN MUST FLOW

Market go down.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I put gas in my car yesterday, $2.95, that's a huge drop from the highs.

Nat Gas $8

Lumber $484

Crude $83

Commodities are down bigly....issues are still with the supply chain and chips and labour, I don't see how jacking rates to the moon is going to solve those three things
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nat Gas $8

Lumber $484

Crude $83

Commodities are down bigly....issues are still with the supply chain and chips and labour, I don't see how jacking rates to the moon is going to solve those three things
View Quote

Because the QE genie is out of the bottle and there is a way to put it back through QT. Pain will flow.

Chips will become more expensive driving demand down further in all products at the end. Labor pay has to catch up with inflation already baked into the pie and corporations sitting on cash will either eat the cost or lay-off(futher driving down demand), this all buys time for the supply chain to catch up or create such deflation that onshoring is more possible in a few years.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Because the QE genie is out of the bottle and there is a way to put it back through QT. Pain will flow.

Chips will become more expensive driving demand down further in all products at the end. Labor pay has to catch up with inflation already baked into the pie and corporations sitting on cash will either eat the cost or lay-off(futher driving down demand), this all buys time for the supply chain to catch up or create such deflation that onshoring is more possible in a few years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nat Gas $8

Lumber $484

Crude $83

You really don't have to put it back in the bottle at that velocity. The Fed should do a simple calculation on how the big price fall of hydrocarbons effects inflation.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Signing paperwork to roll over wife 403b to IRA. 200k.

Buying low. Hnnnggggg

@midcap

We had to wait a bit till she severed service to get her out of that shit product annuity she was in as for tax purposes she used her payout into 457 and 403b so no taxes would be owed. Well technically deferred.

Buy low.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You really don't have to put it back in the bottle at that velocity. The Fed should do a simple calculation on how the big price fall of hydrocarbons effects inflation.
View Quote

Actually yes, it does have to happen at that velocity.

Price stabilization is the goal.

You can do it quickly or it gets away. If anything, Powell is taking it too slow.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You can do it quickly or it gets away. If anything, Powell is taking it too slow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I forgot which podcast I was listening to, but they mentioned if higher inflation gets ingrained in the public psyche, it amplifies because people will continue to pull costs forward to “save” money. It spirals quickly then.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Minor fluctuation.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Over the long term, yes…very much so. Just your typical short lived bear. It’s when you make the most money.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Buying low. Hnnnggggg

@midcap

We had to wait a bit till she severed service to get her out of that shit product annuity she was in as for tax purposes she used her payout into 457 and 403b so no taxes would be owed. Well technically deferred.

Buy low.
View Quote
I have been thinking about paying the taxes to convert my rollover IRA to a Roth IRA while the value is lower.

OTOH, my family might appreciate a vacation this summer.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have been thinking about paying the taxes to convert my rollover IRA to a Roth IRA while the value is lower.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buying low. Hnnnggggg

@midcap

Buy low.

Talk to a taxpro. The only reason I’m doing this is that’s been the plan all along. The 403b is in a shit annuity product with no “easy” way to convert. Now service is severed so it’s an easy rollover and there were tax advantages to wait, even though shit product.

Tax bracket planning, bracket filling, etc
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Over the long term, yes…very much so. Just your typical short lived bear. It’s when you make the most money.
View All Quotes

Don’t fight the Fed.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#43]
BULL RUN FRIDAY!
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
BULL RUN FRIDAY!
View Quote

4200 just within reach.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#45]
BEAR MARKET RALLY!  DEAD CAT BOUNCE.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

That’s what is so funny. I’m posting exactly what I am doing to help build wealth for all.

Doomers?  Nothing. Just waiting to post “see! I told you so!”

Wall Street casino!!!!  Hoard cash!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That’s what is so funny. I’m posting exactly what I am doing to help build wealth for all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Build wealth wisely?

Why buy stocks when the trend is obviously the Fed is sucking money out of them? This is a dead cat bounce because inflation numbers are coming out next week, then the fed rate hike is a week after I think.

There are some dividend stocks that weather recessions decently to not lose as much or even gain, such as energy stocks like Exxon.

Buy low, sell high.

We aren’t in a low yet, the housing market still has to correct, the supply chain is still crap, layoffs haven’t even begun to hit hard.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol...cramer relies too much on the fundamentals which are always bogus.

Like, share buy backs lol
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Think in 5-10 year chunks. Stocks are not for folks under a 5-10 year horizon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I say again. Cash is getting eaten alive. I'll just stick to my long term strategy, the market is a long term bull.

I just upped my SBLOC, I'm plenty liquid.

Is your theory that a dollar of cash has a different value than a dollar of equity, and that value is positive? It's almost like the fed is trying to tame inflation or something.

With 8% inflation a dollar in March 2022 is now 96 cents
With 8% inflation and market performance a dollar of SPX in March 2022 is now 83 cents.

Think in 5-10 year chunks. Stocks are not for folks under a 5-10 year horizon.

Aren’t You under a 10 year horizon or close to it?  
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top