BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do these elites manage to control both the right and left wing media down to every platform like this? Ideologically the people running these various outlets seem to have very little in common. Is Shapiro or Beck in league with the stoogesst NPR etc? How are they controlled by the same person? Or is it an ideology that they both subscribe to in their various ways? It's a curious thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Controlling media...all of it...is crucial to keeping a corrupt elite in power.

How do these elites manage to control both the right and left wing media down to every platform like this? Ideologically the people running these various outlets seem to have very little in common. Is Shapiro or Beck in league with the stoogesst NPR etc? How are they controlled by the same person? Or is it an ideology that they both subscribe to in their various ways? It's a curious thing.

IMO Shapiro and DW have been very careful to follow social media rules around what they post. They've been very big on Facebook and never got the scrutiny that other right wing outlets did.

Not so much 'elites' that control them but making business decisions to not draw content strikes or bans which is basically self-censorship.

Starting your own platform for video is extremely challenging and doesn't make much sense for a single creator like Crowder to do on his own. He hasn't made money from YouTube adsense in a long time but its still about the best way to get his message out there and to get people to pay into Mug Club.

Rumble has signed people to content deals but I doubt they could offer him as much money as he was making. Glen Greenwald signed with them to host a show.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't understand why he hasn't been saving/working/creating a self-sustaining platform...
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You can tell a lot about people’s true motivations and principals based on their responses here, which is kind of exactly what Crowder’s video is about.

Crowder is disenchanted with “Big Conservative Media” because they are chasing profits at the expense of effectively fighting the leftists which are destroying our country. They claim to be all about “fighting the left” but when it comes down to it, they force their employees to tip-toe around topics that might offend the left, because it will cut into their profits.

Half of the responses here have been in agreement that it’s pretty shitty that these “big conservative media” outlets are taking money from conservatives while simultaneously supporting the left’s media standards, when the left’s control of the media is one of the biggest reasons they are succeeding in advancing their agenda.

The other half is solidly “my business my rules” and “companies have every right to dictate what their employees do.” They don’t even recognize what Crowder’s bitch is actually about, because they are too focused on the desire to make money and control other people. Those are their primary motivations, so they see everything through that lens. The idea of sacrificing income or control of people to advance a conservative agenda doesn’t even occur to them.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#4]
What the hell is the daily wire?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its a 'conservative' news site started by Jeremy Boreing and Ben Shapiro in 2015.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can tell a lot about people's true motivations and principals based on their responses here, which is kind of exactly what Crowder's video is about.

Crowder is disenchanted with "Big Conservative Media" because they are chasing profits at the expense of effectively fighting the leftists which are destroying our country. They claim to be all about "fighting the left" but when it comes down to it, they force their employees to tip-toe around topics that might offend the left, because it will cut into their profits.

Half of the responses here have been in agreement that it's pretty shitty that these "big conservative media" outlets are taking money from conservatives while simultaneously supporting the left's media standards, when the left's control of the media is one of the biggest reasons they are succeeding in advancing their agenda.

The other half is solidly "my business my rules" and "companies have every right to dictate what their employees do." They don't even recognize what Crowder's bitch is actually about, because they are too focused on the desire to make money and control other people. Those are their primary motorizations, so they see everything through that lens. The idea of sacrificing income or control of people to advance a conservative agenda doesn't even occur to them.

View Quote

I have had the opinion that Shapiro is money hungry even without this supposed contract if that is DW that offered him that deal.

They're free to run DW how they want but I don't understand why people give them money. They do some good things here and there but people have pointed out Shaprio's shortcomings. I'd rather give my time and money to other right wing creators.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. As I said in the other thread; Crowder would not use the YouTube platform if this is about principles. It's not about principles, however. It's about money for him too!
View Quote

Rumble interface has some issues - Comix has mentioned this in his streams
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTcq4UCTZ-Y

Cliff notes: Crowder split with the blaze, it has been rumored that he would partner with the daily wire, and dropped this video today.

He reads from a contract offer by an “unnamed big conservative media company” and it basically details if he gets demonetized or doesn’t read ads he is fined a ridiculous amount of money. Basically proving Daily Wire is doing all the things they said was wrong with conservative media.

Edit: Meat and potatoes starts at the 8 minute mark.

Edit 2: This was written in his contract offer:
https://i.postimg.cc/xC9FfzMx/EB886-DCE-8-BD2-4233-AE4-B-65708-A76-C368.jpg
View Quote

For fucks sake this is some ignorant shit. Crowder is referring to the Blaze, not the Daily Wire
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Assuming you're not doing that thing people in GD do where they pretend to not know things in an attempt seem cool.

The Daily wire is another subscription based conservative media service.

Similar to the Blaze/CRTV.

Such services are a primary way many conservative content creators are trying to penetrate the digital media market now that sites like youtube are openly hostile to them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For fucks sake this is some ignorant shit. Crowder is referring to the Blaze, not the Daily Wire
View Quote

Someone didn't watch the video.

He specifically stated this was not the Blaze and that after he decided to part ways with the Blaze this was one of the offers that came in.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTcq4UCTZ-Y

Cliff notes: Crowder split with the blaze, it has been rumored that he would partner with the daily wire, and dropped this video today.

He reads from a contract offer by an "unnamed big conservative media company" and it basically details if he gets demonetized or doesn't read ads he is fined a ridiculous amount of money. Basically proving Daily Wire is doing all the things they said was wrong with conservative media.

Edit: Meat and potatoes starts at the 8 minute mark.

Edit 2: This was written in his contract offer:
https://i.postimg.cc/xC9FfzMx/EB886-DCE-8-BD2-4233-AE4-B-65708-A76-C368.jpg

I thought he said it was not ?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You can tell a lot about people’s true motivations and principals based on their responses here, which is kind of exactly what Crowder’s video is about.

Crowder is disenchanted with “Big Conservative Media” because they are chasing profits at the expense of effectively fighting the leftists which are destroying our country. They claim to be all about “fighting the left” but when it comes down to it, they force their employees to tip-toe around topics that might offend the left, because it will cut into their profits.

Half of the responses here have been in agreement that it’s pretty shitty that these “big conservative media” outlets are taking money from conservatives while simultaneously supporting the left’s media standards, when the left’s control of the media is one of the biggest reasons they are succeeding in advancing their agenda.

The other half is solidly “my business my rules” and “companies have every right to dictate what their employees do.” They don’t even recognize what Crowder’s bitch is actually about, because they are too focused on the desire to make money and control other people. Those are their primary motorizations, so they see everything through that lens. The idea of sacrificing income or control of people to advance a conservative agenda doesn’t even occur to them.

View Quote

The worst part is, from the point of view of the contract, you’re not like a normal employee.

If you get sick? It comes off your pay.

If you get completely blacklisted from social media? You’re screwed.

Wanna leave? Too bad, we own your likeness now.

The contact shows what their interest is; they only care about the potential reach of the accounts so they can sell that to their subscribers.

The content is merely a platform to sell advertiser revenue.

They reinvented television.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It doesn't make sense if you see the world in terms of left and right.

It absolutely does when you see the more realistic picture of top vs. bottom.

What NPR and Ben Shapiro agree on is that you're too stupid/ignorant/uneducated to have meaningful say in government. The "right" sort of people should be making decisions, and that ain't you.

Shapiro drinks from the same polluted water that NPR does, hence him gargling authoritarian balls about lockdowns, vaccine mandates, NeverTrumpig, etc. He's an establishment stooge because he has the same conceit the rest of them do.
View Quote

A big club and we aren't in it, as it were. I'd buy that.

If you're successful enough at criticizing the elite you're either un-personed or you become the elite.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In a way, they have to do this because if he stops making money, they can't keep paying him what he isn't making.

A smarter, less inflammatory way to do this (especially for an ego like his) is to make it a revenue sharing agreement instead. Saying we will give the slice of the pie will all work together to bake goes a lot farther.
View Quote

BS. meterics are biased for an environment extremely permissive to demonitization for the barest of reason.  In fact, its been demonstrated that youtube doesnt really need a reason to demonitize or blacklist you, and this company wants crowders livelyhood to hinge on the capricious whims of a leftist company lol.

And then you have the fact that they can manipulate search algorithms to keep traffic from finding you, something else we've proven. There go your traffic minimums and ypur pay per contract.

If that is daily wire, theyre insisting he play by leftist rules and will punish him by leftist standards. Id tell them to suck a bag of dicks too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The scary part about this, is this is what Steven Crowder
was offered.

I can only imagine what smaller creators contacts look like.
View Quote

Oh absolutely. Steven Crowder is offering a very large number of bodies that will pay 60 bucks a year, or 10 bucks a month. Lets say its 100k. That is between 6 -12 million in yearly revenue. He needs a platform to process payment, host videos, and leave him alone

They offered him the privilege of selling out for an unknown sum, an a contact that every day a video is late he loses 100k from that payment. Also they own all of his rights and likenesses because it is more valuable for them to control him than to just take a percentage and harvest his followers to their other channels.  

This is not about money, or business. Its about controlling conservative voices. You are either controlled disinfo, destroyed, or find a way to cobble together something outside the existing big tech frameworks.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I thought he said it was not ?
View Quote

He did say it was not the blaze.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#17]
meh
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck Shapiro and everyone like him
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Tim Pool about to go live with it… wonder if he knows who Crowder was referencing.

Timcast IRL - Steven Crowder ERUPTS On 'Big Con' Over Contract Terms w/Tower Gang Crew
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Guess he needs to get hold of Musk and see if they can get Twitter streaming going.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I run a large channel......

Those terms aren't hugely surprising for a big media company.

If you got your employer in trouble and they lost 50% of their ad revenue there would be a issue.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I remember Rush gave a teenager a free ad read when he called in for some start up business or young Republican fundraiser. Rush said it was worth $35,000.
View Quote

At 6m he should be easily over $50k per ad read
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
And at the end of all that, the only real success that we've seen was the overturning of Roe V Wade, which has a result of Donald Trump, whom both of those organizations completely outright detested.
View Quote
As I was watching, I was thinking Donald Trump could not sign that contract.

Yet, Trump would be the best personality they had ever signed. (I'm not suggesting him specifically, just using him to show how disjointed this whole thing sounds). He would entertain and draw millions of listeners.... If he didn't have to sign that contract.

Any of you guys who are 50-70 probably remember listening to Stern in the early days. Same thing.

I'm trying to think about how Rush would have fit into this equation.. He read so many ads it was ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. As I said in the other thread; Crowder would not use the YouTube platform if this is about principles. It's not about principles, however. It's about money for him too!
View Quote
If only it were that simple. They want his eccentric personality on the radio, because it draws listeners. But they're asking him to take all of the risks here. This is totally one-sided.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm glad that deformed Canadian grifter is no longer shilling on Arfcom.
View Quote
Jesus man, which conservative talk personality is good enough for you?

He sells some merchandise, and has a monthly subscription plan that you can pay if you want to. Otherwise how does he grift you?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I don’t think this is daily wire. It talks about losing revenue from YouTube. And other platforms, daily wire doesn’t produce shows on YouTube or Facebook. They use their own platform.

Besides that, even if it was, I don’t see an issue with holding him accountable to make money.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So "Conservative" media is going to punish Right Wing content creators if Commie/Leftist Tech platforms have a problem with Right wing content?

Yeah, that sounds about right for Uniparty.
View Quote

^^^
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don’t think this is daily wire. It talks about losing revenue from YouTube. And other platforms, daily wire doesn’t produce shows on YouTube or Facebook. They use their own platform.

Besides that, even if it was, I don’t see an issue with holding him accountable to make money.

View Quote

Daily Wire makes a lot of money from YouTube Facebook etc ads. They like that money so they won’t cross the uncrossable lines. They have self censored to the point of becoming irrelevant. They are the new digital Fox News and Jeremy and Ben are loving the money and fame, conservative values be damned.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Is he related to Ava Crowder from the Justified TV show?
View Quote

Yes, Steven is Boyd's half brother
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#30]
People don't think capitalism be like it is, but it do.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Im not so sure its daily wire either. I watch Matt Walsh a decent amt, and he does quite a few things that I would guess violate youtubes TOS, for instance, he refuses to use incorrect pronouns (ie he calls men "he" even after they've "transitioned"). I could be remembering wrong, but I think Ive seen other youtubers make it clear they have to obey the pronoun police or get demonetized.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#32]
so if you sign with DW (or whoever he is referring) say the word COVID on youtube, misgender someone on twitter or post something the fact checkers found incorrect or hell just have some purple haired assholes dogpile until you are de-platformed you lose 85% and they still own all your image?
If you get any content strikes you lose 20% per platform. Just saying you think the last election didnt seem legit and youre toast.
Have you people been on the internet lately? Half of you cant even post on here without getting a fucking time out.
It seems our side cant function without big tech and by proxy big techs completely "fair" rules that are "equally" applied and it seems many of you here cant figure this whole scheme out.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I run a large channel......

Those terms aren't hugely surprising for a big media company.

If you got your employer in trouble and they lost 50% of their ad revenue there would be a issue.
View Quote
The main issue (I believe) is that the employer shouldn't be getting in trouble in the first place so there shouldn't be a need for those terms. That's one of the biggest selling points of conservative media outlets: to brush off the anti- free speech restrictions leftist media outlets impose.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Daily Wire makes a lot of money from YouTube Facebook etc ads. They like that money so they won’t cross the uncrossable lines. They have self censored to the point of becoming irrelevant. They are the new digital Fox News and Jeremy and Ben are loving the money and fame, conservative values be damned.
View Quote

They make a lot of money from their subscriptions to their platform.

They make a lot of money everywhere. That is the job of a business.

Crowder is making money from people wanting and excuse to hate Ben. Crowder has fallen off the wagon and somehow people think he is some voice of reason.

It’s not a big deal to me that he got offered a contract, what is
More of a big deal is that he goes and makes a video of his contract and then withholds the name of the company and gets high and mighty about who is wrong about whatever a company puts in writing that nobody has to sign.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Im not so sure its daily wire either. I watch Matt Walsh a decent amt, and he does quite a few things that I would guess violate youtubes TOS, for instance, he refuses to use incorrect pronouns (eg he calls men "he" even after they've "transitioned"). I could be remembering wrong, but I think Ive seen other youtubers make it clear they have to obey the pronoun police or get demonetized.
View Quote

This is my point, they already do and say things that would get them removed and demonetized. That is why it’s hard to believe that is the DW.

ETA:
That I believe that DW can spell YouTube, especially since this is the contract that they send to everyone (from what he said in his video).

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:10:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This is my point, they already do and say things that would get them removed and demonetized. That is why it's hard to believe that is the DW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im not so sure its daily wire either. I watch Matt Walsh a decent amt, and he does quite a few things that I would guess violate youtubes TOS, for instance, he refuses to use incorrect pronouns (eg he calls men "he" even after they've "transitioned"). I could be remembering wrong, but I think Ive seen other youtubers make it clear they have to obey the pronoun police or get demonetized.

This is my point, they already do and say things that would get them removed and demonetized. That is why it's hard to believe that is the DW.

Regardless of who it is he'd be dumb to contractually tie his income into leftist run platforms for content strikes, and then giving up ownership of his entire platform on top of that.

I don't think DW posts things on social media that would draw strikes. Most of their stuff is behind a paywall now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I figured the Daily Wire had enough money to hire a proof reader and editor before handing off an official contract...
View Quote

Like "YouTue"
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#39]
It's the DW
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Correct he did not name them. But what other big conservative media has you read 3-4 ads in the middle of your show? It's quite obvious who he's referring to.
View Quote
The Blaze, but he already split from them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So if Crowder brings in less money, he'll get paid less money?

Why should the company take all the risk?
View Quote
Because they want to bring him in based on the content he has produced in the past.  They know he often gets strikes, his channel has been demonetized for years - to have him agree to those points means that he must change the content he has traditionally produced and discussed.  They either want him as-is, or they don't.  They are using the threat of less money to force him to neuter his content.  

When an NFL football team signs on a new QB, they don't write into that contract that if you lose X games, or throw X interceptions, we reduce your pay by X amount.

How this company *should* do it is to give him a guaranteed base and write incentives into it if certain metrics are met.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Real America's Voice is another option.  Uncle Ted has a show on there, and he's totally uncensored.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:41:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct he did not name them. But what other big conservative media has you read 3-4 ads in the middle of your show? It's quite obvious who he's referring to.

When he was with the Blaze he still owned and had control over Louder With Crowder and Mug Club plus social media like Twitter.

His deal with the Blaze was for extra content above and beyond what was on YouTube.

This contract he is referring to now is basically complete control and ownership of all his assets (like Mug Club / email lists) and content as a creator plus steep penalties for what leftists deem to be content strikes
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Tim Pool about to go live with it  wonder if he knows who Crowder was referencing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZMJT35IcPU
View Quote
Of course he does.  Tim Pool is the top comment on Crowder's video on YouTube.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I've been getting more political content from rumble than yt lately.  Rieketa law is fucking awesome.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Because they want to bring him in based on the content he has produced in the past.  They know he often gets strikes, his channel has been demonetized for years - to have him agree to those points means that he must change the content he has traditionally produced and discussed.  They either want him as-is, or they don't.  They are using the threat of less money to force him to neuter his content.  

When an NFL football team signs on a new QB, they don't write into that contract that if you lose X games, or throw X interceptions, we reduce your pay by X amount.

How this company *should* do it is to give him a guaranteed base and write incentives into it if certain metrics are met.
View Quote
That seems like a smarter move.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Those factors drive revenue, why wouldn't it affect pay? It's ok for DW to eat that cost, but Crowder can't?

Also, why can't Crowder just build his own thing so we don't have to go through this drama every few years?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

When he was with the Blaze he still owned and had control over Louder With Crowder and Mug Club plus social media like Twitter.

His deal with the Blaze was for extra content above and beyond what was on YouTube.

This contract he is referring to now is basically complete control and ownership of all his assets (like Mug Club / email lists) and content as a creator plus steep penalties for what leftists deem to be content strikes
View Quote
Seemed like the blaze was a better group.  I keep wondering when Chad Prather is gonna get the axe from there.    He says shit that probably makes Colonel Sanders cringe.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don't understand why he hasn't been saving/working/creating a self-sustaining platform...
View Quote

Value for value is the way to go. NA Show is much more entertaining to me and they are leading the way.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top