there are no logistics problems with a mounted system on a fishing trawler
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

in the datk
a missile launch with motor lit would be visible at 12 miles until the motor was out
I can't find a good dark only vid but under NVGs the stinger motor gets real dark real quick pretty close to the launch team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtTGZLiWF8A

Even a tomahawks initial stage is pretty faint after a couple seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLJOGrI6uo8

I think it would be very very tough to observe a stinger miles away even at night.

A medium range or larger SAM would definitely have a more visible night signature at range. But then you get into the whole logistics/emplacement issues.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ73WxAiPWw

it wasnt a manpad

there are no logistics problems with a mounted system on a fishing trawler

This.

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote
You keep posting random military PR photos as if they mean something.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Playing devils advocate, I've wondered if fuel that was leaking after the initial tank breech was on fire at the leading edge of the stream and as the fire continued to work its way back up the falling fuel it had the appearance of the fire climbing in the sky. Something like this should be fairly easy to replicate, yet I don't recall that ever being done. If a couple of people reported seeing this, it might be pretty easy for them to get confused regarding the sequence of events, or the specific details of what was physically occurring at a far distance away. An untrained eye may very well have concluded things that weren't actually happening. Unless the eye witnesses were physicists, pyrotechnicians, or someone else with relevant knowledge, sure....maybe they just didn't know what they were looking at.

That all said, I don't think this is what happened. I don't think that numerous witness, from different vantage points and perspectives, all saw the streak rise up to the plane....before the big explosion....and it was all just confusion of details. I'm the first person to discount witness testimony...memory is flawed, and seeing is not believing...the sun can play tricks...shadows....humidity...mirage....focus...a lot of things....can make stuff look like its not. Still...when a bunch of random folks all have the same observation, it starts to hold more water than not.
View Quote

That’s already been studied in this documentary:
Die Hard - Plane Explosion (Cinesound)

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

If it was a training mission, everyone on the boat would already know. Do you think they would just let dudes shoot missiles up top without notifying all the sailors? Just hope that nobody wanders into the backblast area? Do you think they wouldn't tell other ships in the area, to make sure no one launches a helicopter?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Ron Brown onboard?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Teledyne Ryan guy who was head honcho of Firebee said “the orange shit ain’t ours” on record.

In this day and age Stinger training uses very small targets, some with orange parts

This is from fort irwin but they shoot these fuckers 50x live missile 4x per year at san clemente, cherry point, etc etc and numerous other open ocean training all over the world for regular and SOF forces

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239441/2640F0C3-641B-4183-A780-8D3612090392_jpe-2019236.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239441/27903800-3C37-4D54-A206-4AF3752ED7A2_jpe-2019239.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239441/825ED95D-0A91-4C7E-A176-FA3B8990FBEF_jpe-2019240.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239441/6947592C-FC0B-422A-BAD6-1183473A926C_jpe-2019241.JPG

Now tell me how many thousands of people it takes to move, operate, and stow that launcher (hint: one guy pulls a rope)
View Quote

Still haven't figured out how ridiculous your assertions are yet?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The Teledyne Ryan guy who was head honcho of Firebee said “the orange shit ain’t ours” on record.

In this day and age Stinger training uses very small targets, some with orange parts

This is from fort irwin but they shoot these fuckers 50x live missile 4x per year at san clemente, cherry point, etc etc and numerous other open ocean training all over the world for regular and SOF forces

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239441/2640F0C3-641B-4183-A780-8D3612090392_jpe-2019236.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239441/27903800-3C37-4D54-A206-4AF3752ED7A2_jpe-2019239.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239441/825ED95D-0A91-4C7E-A176-FA3B8990FBEF_jpe-2019240.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239441/6947592C-FC0B-422A-BAD6-1183473A926C_jpe-2019241.JPG

Now tell me how many thousands of people it takes to move, operate, and stow that launcher (hint: one guy pulls a rope)
View Quote

No matter how small the target is, someone (more likely a team of guys) has to issue it out. Someone (again, more likely a team of guys) has to set up the launcher. Someone (more likely a team of guys) has to turn in the launcher and any unexpended targets. Someone has to review that paperwork, which certifies that x number of targets were expended on such and such day, and remove those targets from the books. No one element requires thousands of people, but when you consider everyone involved in even a tiny local training event, thousands of people know about it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If it was a training mission, everyone on the boat would already know. Do you think they would just let dudes shoot missiles up top without notifying all the sailors? Just hope that nobody wanders into the backblast area? Do you think they wouldn't tell other ships in the area, to make sure no one launches a helicopter?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Everyone on board the rubber raft?
Everyone standing on an empty beach?

How often do you notify everyone “below decks” on a four man raft before you hang trow and take a shit off starboard, knowledgable sir?

Derp derp i can shoot this, just a training warhead..

FYI the hazard zone at China Point on san clemente for stinger training is 1km to 8km offshore and they do not bother recovering these tiny drones (unlike firebee or chukas jet trainers which get recovered and rebuilt)..

Routine ops is “throw it in the gutter, go buy another” same as Eazy E wrecking a 64 impala
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No matter how small the target is, someone (more likely a team of guys) has to issue it out. Someone (again, more likely a team of guys) has to set up the launcher. Someone (more likely a team of guys) has to turn in the launcher and any unexpended targets. Someone has to review that paperwork, which certifies that x number of targets were expended on such and such day, and remove those targets from the books. No one element requires thousands of people, but when you consider everyone involved in even a tiny local training event, thousands of people know about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have personal knowledge of a sof training accident where multiple people died and the press release didnt even list the correct number of dead bodies.

Tell me how everyone knows about a target trainer launch right next to the guy pulling the trainer?

Not every SOF training exercise is the scale of jade helm.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I doubt that even happened. it would break apart not climb 3 or 4 thousand feet. The whole narrative is fantasy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what they saw was not twa 800

do the math

12 miles off the coast. aircraft breaks up on fore and climbs 3000 feet and the fbi claims it looked like a misdile going p

at 12 miles away, at 13,000 feet that is an angle of 10 degrees high off the horizon. then it catches fire and climbs 3000 feet that is a gain of 2.5 degrees higher.

so we are to believe witnesses see a plane 10 degrees high climb on fire to 12.5 degrees high and it is mistaken for a missile leaving the water

bullshit

you would  not even see that 2.5 degree movement

As a fellow aviator, I’d be interested in your opinion of a nose-less 747 climbing 4000 ft

I doubt that even happened. it would break apart not climb 3 or 4 thousand feet. The whole narrative is fantasy
NTSB estimates ranged from 1500-2500 feet of additional climb after breakup.  The basic KE/PE trade would be an additional 4000 foot delta at that airspeed.  I don't see anything out of line with the what the NTSB is saying, nor did bona fide aero design experts.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#11]
By page 30 the tinfoil gang will have the CIA setting up a covert Sa-2 site in a Long Island neighborhood.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How often do you notify everyone “below decks” on a four man raft before you hang trow and take a shit off starboard, knowledgable sir?

View Quote

So your current theory is that two dudes were alone in a rubber raft miles off shore, doing a training exercise by themselves? Or that they were standing on a beach on an island which has never appeared on any map? You're going full Poe's law at this point.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Finally had time to rewatch the whole Cahill video posted.  The guy makes a lot of assertions that should be very easy to fact check if he's lying.  Instead the swampy motherfuckers he calls out simply say he's a conspiracy nut.  It was a common response to anyone criticizing the Clinton team, in fact I believe they are the impetus for it's common use in government coverups of Dem malfeasance.  I just may not have been old enough before Clinton to notice it during Carter.

Anyway, considering that vid is from 2016, his calling out the fabricated 302s sure does hit the mark.  Whatever really brought this plane down the only thing we can truly be certain of is it wasn't what the official report says.

TWA-800 deserves the truth to be told about that day.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

By page 30 the tinfoil gang will have the CIA setting up a covert Sa-2 site in a Long Island neighborhood.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/S-75_Dvina_jpg-2019258.JPG
View Quote

There were Nike rockets right on sandy hook beach, with CnC in local neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why did the FBI and CIA take charge of a NTSB investigation? How many other 747's have self-detonated with a Navy P-3 circling overhead with three naval vessels below and NUMEROUS witnesses reporting "a streak of light" approach the aircraft and explode?
View Quote

ROFL. You need to seek a mental health care professional.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So your current theory is that two dudes were alone in a rubber raft miles off shore, doing a training exercise by themselves? Or that they were standing on a beach on an island which has never appeared on any map? You're going full Poe's law at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A doctor sailing with two friends on a small boat saw two black military boats, very small, less than 200 yards away.

He thought they might be cops or dea so he lit up his sail and numbers as best he could with a flashlight to ID himself. No answer.

He intercepted a voice radio transmission from one boat to other “ i am gonna need a tow”

So yes, evidence points to small US surface craft on scene
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There were Nike rockets right on sandy hook beach, with CnC in local neighborhoods.
View Quote

Which were deactivated in 1974 so they're irrelevant to any TWA800 conspiracy theory.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Which were deactivated in 1974 so they're irrelevant to any TWA800 conspiracy theory.
View Quote

I never said it did, but the original assertion was made to make fun of those that don't believe daddy .gov story, but in fact missile bases have already been setup along the coast in neighborhoods. Hence it's just as fucking stupid. It was a non sequitur to retarded non sequitur

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#19]
During the subsequent investigation by Boeing  two men approach me at my sons Little League game.   They asked if I flew for TWA and I said yes.  

Both said they did structural analysis engineering at Boeing and were working the 800 fuel tank scenarios by trying to replicate the fuel tank explosion theories.  After multiple attempts they could not get the tank to fail in any meaningful way.

These engineers explained there was not a chance that 800 was destroyed by wiring issues but Boeing was under intense pressure by the administration to come up a plausible reason that was not terrorism related or shot down by unknown actors.

It was an odd conversation,  two guys whos sons played for the other team and knew I flew for TWA.  I didn't know them prior to our conversation.   They just wanted to set the story straight about what was happening within Boeing and the administration.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
During the subsequent investigation by Boeing  two men approach me at my sons Little League game.   They asked if I flew for TWA and I said yes.  

Both said they did structural analysis engineering at Boeing and were working the 800 fuel tank scenarios by trying to replicate the fuel tank explosion theories.  After multiple attempts they could not get the tank to fail in any meaningful way.

These engineers explained there was not a chance that 800 was destroyed by wiring issues but Boeing was under intense pressure by the administration to come up a plausible reason that was not terrorism related or shot down by unknown actors.

It was an odd conversation,  two guys whos sons played for the other team and knew I flew for TWA.  I didn't know them prior to our conversation.   They just wanted to set the story straight about what was happening within Boeing and the administration.
View Quote
These "someone in the know told me something" stories are getting better and better.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Right. My point exactly. If you find target drone parts it is because someone shot down a target drone nearby.

Now, is that likely to be a super secret DARPA one off aegis directed $5M missile or a $40k pissant missile produced in quanties that recently hit 50k units delivered?

Which type of missile launch could be kept secret for 25 years, the one crewed by 1000 people on 10 ships or a grunt target practice?

We have people like Paul who know their shit saying no way it was a big navy missile.

A shitty little missile with only onboard heat seeking and one guy pulling a trigger is a much easier secret to keep.

Training happens and training accidents happen, not everything is a giant moonshot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Per my previous post, one Teledyne Ryan employee sent a fax intended for another Teledyne Ryan employee care of Calverton FBI saying “here is the parts schematic for the firebee drone parts you think you found”

So maybe that is better evidence that a target drone was there and a dumb shit sent a wrong number fax?

Or maybe the drone parts were there from a previous test in the area...

Right. My point exactly. If you find target drone parts it is because someone shot down a target drone nearby.

Now, is that likely to be a super secret DARPA one off aegis directed $5M missile or a $40k pissant missile produced in quanties that recently hit 50k units delivered?

Which type of missile launch could be kept secret for 25 years, the one crewed by 1000 people on 10 ships or a grunt target practice?

We have people like Paul who know their shit saying no way it was a big navy missile.

A shitty little missile with only onboard heat seeking and one guy pulling a trigger is a much easier secret to keep.

Training happens and training accidents happen, not everything is a giant moonshot.

It wouldn't be kept secret if it was some fuck up by an E1, why would it?  Plus there are still a lot of people who would know, like the entire bridge team and the weapons department that issued the missile. And are required to inventory it.  Plus everyone on the smoking sponsor.
And people talk and the entire ship would know, especially after they watched CNN that night.

We had a Sailor go missing and did a SAR for about 12 hours.  When we recovered her body she was naked.
By the time I went to lunch there was already gossip on the mess decks as I walked by and in the Wardroom that she had been raped and murdered.
No.
She jumped overboard to commit suicide, and during hypothermia it's very common for victims to get phantom hot flashes and rip off all of their clothes.

The rape story was more sensational, like a missile fired at a jetliner, so it had legs.
The real story was much more mundane.
My point is the rape story was all over the ship and there were maybe 10 people on the entire carrier that were involved directly in the recovery.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Any Russian or Chinese shoulder fired SAM's capable of hitting the plane?
SA-16 or SA-18?

it was stated earlier somewhere that a boat was headed the opposite direction at approx 30 knots?
That is no trawler. Was it ever identified?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Boeing will do whatever it thinks will be better for it, whether that is to fabricate equipment acceptance or bend to the will of the federal government.  I have secondhand knowledge of one.  The other I have no doubt.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

ETA: To the people claiming the DOD would notices the missing pennies for a missile getting bought and used, I remind you that the DOD lost over 21 trillion dollars, but yeah they can track that 40k.
View Quote

Missiles are inventoried and tracked by serial number and a custody sheet and when a CO turns over a complete inventory is done before the new CO takes command.
You'd have to account for that missile missing.
That's at the tactical level, not DoD department level.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Akulas carry the Strela-3 SAM. Maybe the Russians shot down TWA 800.
View Quote

Hired by the Narcos in Columbia.

Now we've got the makings of some real Tom Clancy shit!
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Block 11 of my 214....

For the love of Christ, please stop... I've almost pissed myself from laughing so hard this morning at level insanity you all are throwing around about the FIM-92.

I'm literally seeing nothing but basements, marginal personal hygiene skills, fat chicks in a hole, allot of anime, frozen imitation crab meat, and tin foil, allot of tin foil...    

If this continues unabated, someone should find a 1970's comic or "Love Boat" guest star still alive and start a Telethon, as a whole new level of retardation has been discovered.

Let me stop one thing, "training" devices as the following I doubt would have any classification to it or still associated with it:

THT (Tracking Head Trainer) has no missile, only the functional IFF and "seeker head" to feedback the worble/growl as you are picking up heat signatures to the gunner. Used for target acquisition, ranging, super-elevation and general weapons handling practice. The BCU also doesn't have an Argon element to super cool the seeker head and is rechargeable. BCU's in real life have a very, very short operational lifespan before you have to toss it

There is a version of the THT that is used in the firing simulator (a large 360 degree dome that projects aircraft and heat signatures) to feedback kills

"Firing Trainer"... you actually have allot of stock photos on this thread, as what is coming out is the "firing trainer". It is nothing but an alloy slug with a booster motor, so the gunner can experience the CG shift of the missile as it leaves the tube. The firing trainer slug is that blue alloy piece leaving the tube as can be seen in the pictures. At best it is a couple 100 yard unguided slug. Funny at the range at White Sands, it is not urban legend that there was a gang over Mexican Nationals that would sneak over, hide downrange then run out and collect them all as they are worth a fortune in scrap. You'll also notice a serious error in those shipboard pictures (seem to be off an LHA/LPD) as those gunners have not "super-elevated" prior to firing. This may be due to training practice, and to not hit the flight deck with the full force of the booster and protect the non-skid. Lack of super-elevation is not the end of the world when shooting from an elevated position, but potentially deadly at ground level.

"Live firing"... no there is no "Training" device. You are either doing it with out of front line service Redeye's (yes, I'm old now), or I'm sure they are using the 1980's-1990's earlier missile blocks now. I also assume that is why I have a complete Stinger transport case in my basement (Sportsman's guide was selling them years ago)... put two of them side by side, stack some flack jackets and you've got a hell of a field bed....

Live Firing is done against a BAT (Ballistic Aerial Target), being a Firebee, Firejet or MTR-15, flying what one would expect for a "Ground Attack" profile (not an Airliner on a commercial corridor climbing).

Friendly tip, aquatint yourselves with FM 44-18-1. It is unclassified and copies all over the internet. It will help you understand the realities of "point air defense" from the perspective of what "Stinger Teams do and do not do".

You might also reference data on other aircraft of a large size (such as a 747) who have taken a hit by a "MANPAD" and what ensued. Generally we are talking about an RTB situation 90% of the time.. Hinds, Hips, Frogfoot's, Fencer's.. yeah, out of the sky.. Backfires, Blinders, Bear's, Cub's.... not so much.. That's a job for SM-1/2/3, Hawk, Patriot type things.

Did the most reliable and among largest passenger aircraft in the world suddenly experience some "center tank fuel vapor and frayed wiring" issue.. that has also never been seen before and never since.... "yeah, that's what happened"..

Did some magical "supper gunner" pull off a one in a million shot, by a purely initially visual tracked and acquired weapons system (regardless if Stinger, Redeye or Strella), in fading light/dark at over 10K foot on a small vessel, in some manner of a sea state.. then by said magic, the missile decides "nah, F it, I'm not going to take the best IR source (4 climbing Engines at a high thrust setting with no IR diffusion) and go for dead center mass"... come on, get real...  

Do any of you have any idea how difficult that is to do, especially in fading light conditions and with an aircraft already at that altitude? Look I essentially "killed" my team once, by having them track birds in the distance, not understanding why "we couldn't get any tone", meanwhile a NMANG A-7 streaks over our heads at about 10 foot off the deck from behind us, shit hot pilot laughing his ass off on the radio...and that was mid-day. Don't believe that James Bond stuff... it's all "Kentucky Windage" to start
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

A doctor sailing with two friends on a small boat saw two black military boats, very small, less than 200 yards away.

He thought they might be cops or dea so he lit up his sail and numbers as best he could with a flashlight to ID himself. No answer.

He intercepted a voice radio transmission from one boat to other “ i am gonna need a tow”

View Quote

Why didn't the CIA "disappear" this witness?  
Something they overlooked in this massive conspiracy to protect some random E4 that was conducting a missile test, at night, without supervision in a zodiac in open ocean.
Was he the presidents son or something?

And this super secret SOF mission was using open comms on Channel 16?  They didn't have some high speed encrypted radio?  SOF carrying Baofengs?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's an attack submarine why the heck would it have SAM capability?
View Quote
To deal with pesky ASW aircraft. I've long thought a mast mounted quad canister of Stingers slaved to the periscope would be the shit. Alas, there's limited real estate in the sail and the powers that be apparently see no benefit to such a system.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#30]
So my cousins uncles brother who once saw a TWA airplane was out dumpster diving behind the Piggly Wiggly when a former CIA Boeing engineer approached him to say that TWA 800 didn't really blow up and was actually hijacked by time travelling squirrels. You can trust this story since it's 1000% factual.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I remember the day it happened.   We lost over 60 employees on that fight.  It was one of the only days that any non revs could travel internationally all summer because of heavy loads.

I knew the ALPA guys who worked the investigation initially,  they were subsequently pulled and threatened with jail if they released any information on the cause.

Most of the TWA pilots including myself think it was a bomb,  not a missile.  Remember the first Trade Center bombing took place around that time also, maybe a coincidence maybe not.

Chance of it being a missile is extremely slim.
View Quote

A bomb makes a lot more sense to me.  It was a proven, frequently used method of taking down airliners in the pre-911 security environment.  It seems to me a missile adds a lot of complexity and risk for little gain in this scenario.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

A bomb makes a lot more sense to me.  It was a proven, frequently used method of taking down airliners in the pre-911 security environment.  It seems to me a missile adds a lot of complexity and risk for little gain in this scenario.
View Quote
That's what's so funny. If these conspiracy types would go with terrorist bombing that was concealed by the .gov, that could be more believable. Instead they go with some random Marine E4 in a RIB with a Stinger.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That's what's so funny. If these conspiracy types would go with terrorist bombing that was concealed by the .gov, that could be more believable. Instead they go with some random Marine E4 in a RIB with a Stinger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bomb was all the scare/hype in the 80s and 90s in the airline world.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean a RHIB?

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#35]
As a side note to the Stinger conversation here, anybody else remember the Chinook that was hit by a Stinger over in the A-stan, but it didn’t detonate?

The helo landed fine without any further incident.  The next day EOD removed the unexploded parts of the missile.  They were able to get a serial number off it.

Allegedly….supposedly that Stinger was tracked back to Hillary’s State Department???
https://nypost.com/2014/06/08/how-the-taliban-got-their-hands-on-modern-us-missiles/

https://nypost.com/2014/06/08/how-the-taliban-got-their-hands-on-modern-us-missiles/

EDIT:  the article says it was the CIA who gave the missiles to anti-Qadafi forces in Libya.  Instead the Qatari’s funneled the Stingers to the Taliban in A-stan.

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

...and 20 pages in, after numerous posts from SME that clearly state that a Stinger wasn't even capable of hitting TWA800.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Except there are these little things called TFRs (Temporary Flight Restrictions). If the Navy had a planned launch on a target drone, a TFR would be in place for the operations area and no commercial aircraft would be there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Intentional acts can have unintended consequences.

TWA 800 could have been intentionally targeted and shot down, unintentionally.  Think expecting a target drone to come flying by, and you pick up this radar signature at exactly the right time.

I'm not saying that's what happened, and not even in the saying by saying not saying sense, but things like that have happened before on smaller scales.
Except there are these little things called TFRs (Temporary Flight Restrictions). If the Navy had a planned launch on a target drone, a TFR would be in place for the operations area and no commercial aircraft would be there.

Right, because nobody ever flies into restricted airspace.

Ever.  

Not even on accident.  

I personally don't have a solid opinion on Flight 800, but the whole "this could never happen because (insert procedural obstacle here)" is pretty silly.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Something they overlooked in this massive conspiracy to protect some random E4 that was conducting a missile test, at night, without supervision in a zodiac in open ocean.

And this super secret SOF mission was using open comms on Channel 16?  They didn't have some high speed encrypted radio?  SOF carrying Baofengs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His sailboat had the battery messed with, gps logs zeroed out, and the ship log was stolen while personal property was left onboard by the “thieves”.

He had noted the encounter and his effort to hail or assist in the log.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:24:00 PM EDT
[#39]
After reading this entire thread, various conclusions come to mind.

* JHS has tried to posit a wide range of possibilities...too wide, in fact. Many of them are more implausible than can be accepted. But others are well within reason. His mistake is to keep looking at individual items, and ignoring the bigger patterns of information.

* Several posters have claimed some degree of knowledge applicable to the event: TWA employment, contact with investigators, etc. Not one of them believes the electrical spark theory. A few posters have claimed knowledge of aircraft systems, and major efforts after the fact to modify systems in response to TWA800. This would still be consistent with the fallout from having selected an accidental explosion narrative, and the need to repair public confidence in airlines, along with the consideration that any coverup would fail to include the tens of thousands of engineers and technicians involved in designing, building, and maintaining 747s worldwide. Those outside the curtain would need something concrete to allay their concerns, as a putative upgrade process would do.

* The article linked pages back, talks about a sizable number of apparent missile launches, in that area, over months and months. The quoted radio traffic and content appears plausible, and can be interpreted in several ways. It would certainly be consistent with ongoing sporadic efforts by nation-state actors (Iranians) to conduct a shoot-down using a short to medium range SAM system.

* The 11th note on the last post on page 15 mentions that foreign Stinger equivalents have greater ranges. We know the Iranians have/had Stingers, as well as multiple other MANPADS, and would have had them at that time.

* Any discussion of a missile should ultimately begin by asking what debris was publicly shown as having been recovered. Did we the public get to see the majority of recovered skin from the engines and underbody? How much wasn't officially recovered? The repeated claims that certain debris was confiscated, and photos restricted, would be consistent with an attempt to cover up missile damage, as a panel shotgunned with inward-piercing frag damage would be an absolute smoking gun. Any coverup would be entirely reliant on control of the debris recovery effort, and the disappearance of debris that exhibited frag damage.

* Anyone taking a federal report at face value, in a politically charged subject with reasonable suspicion of ulterior motives, is an idiot, or a paid actor. There's enough verified instances of known coverups and conspiracies as to make it entirely plausible that deliberate efforts were being made to deceive the public. Quoting a report that says "..no evidence was found..." isn't even a lie, if the evidence we would care about was never allowed to make it into the hands of the report's authors.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#40]
I've used secure Comms in the army.
I'd love to know how this guy out fishing was able to 'intercept' the transmission.

It reeks of shit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Right, because nobody ever flies into restricted airspace.

Ever.  

Not even on accident.  

I personally don't have a solid opinion on Flight 800, but the whole "this could never happen because (insert procedural obstacle here)" is pretty silly.
View Quote

So TWA 800 accidentally flew into restricted airspace and the  thousands of people who saw and abided by that airspace restriction have kept quiet about it ever since? Every air traffic controller, airline pilot, private pilot, etc; in addition to all the military service members involved? That makes total sense.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

(Snip)….,

* Anyone taking a federal report at face value, in a politically charged subject with reasonable suspicion of ulterior motives, is an idiot, or a paid actor. There's enough verified instances of known coverups and conspiracies as to make it entirely plausible that deliberate efforts were being made to deceive the public. Quoting a report that says "..no evidence was found..." isn't even a lie, if the evidence we would care about was never allowed to make it into the hands of the report's authors….

(/Snip)

View Quote

To piggy back on the whole “the federal report says X…."

And the comments about Petty Officer Snuffy and Ensign Greenhorn would have come forward if a missile was launched from their ship….

Wellll….

How many people came forward to whistleblow on Operation Fast and Furious?

And did anybody ever come forward from the inner circles of Oliver North, Admiral Poindexter, and/or the CIA about funneling drugs into the US to ultimately supply arms to the Contras?

And that is just 2 out of what? Hundreds of government shenanigans that we never hear anything about???
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How many missile launches have you run? participated in? seen on TV?

For me more than a dozen including being in combat for some and watching the mount on others. It's not an accidental event. There's a greater chance of your Ford F150 starting itself up and driving to Florida and back for spring break than a missile "accidentally" launching. If a missile launched it was with INTENT. So who was on that plane that was so bad than +30 guys had to secretly launch a silent missile, or the whole crew of +200 men must be holding the secret of the murder of hundreds of Americans. What kind of monsters work for the Navy?
View Quote

Unrelated to TWA800, I'm curious about countermeasures. Do things like the CWIS and anti-missile missiles stay active all the time or do they only get turned on when there is a known threat?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

To piggy back on the whole “the federal report says X…."

And the comments about Petty Officer Snuffy and Ensign Greenhorn would have come forward if a missile was launched from their ship….

Wellll….

How many people came forward to whistleblow on Operation Fast and Furious?
View Quote

Grassley and Issa started investigating the BATFE because John Dodson and another agent contacted them to blow the whistle. So at least 2, I guess.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Unrelated to TWA800, I'm curious about countermeasures. Do things like the CWIS and anti-missile missiles stay active all the time or do they only get turned on when there is a known threat?
View Quote

You are not going to get a definitive answer on that one way or the other, butttt….

Think about certain airlines flying out of specific international airports, and imagine what their countermeasure response would be :

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Grassley and Issa started investigating the BATFE because John Dodson and another agent contacted them to blow the whistle. So at least 2, I guess.
View Quote

Some of the articles I just read in Dodson make it sound like he came forward only after Brian Terry was murdered.

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sounds a whole lot like "There's no way Trump was spied upon, too many people would know..." line.  Heard it in other BS cases too, following those rules is only for the little people, those making decisions do whatever they want and could delete inventory and move stuff around without an audit trail.

Our .gov is as corrupt as anybody's, it no longer works how we were taught in school, unless learning about tin pot dictators. methods of control.  The difference is the control isn't in your face and overt, it's all subtle making people want to keep believing the lie since it is most comfortable and they don't need to do anything differently then.  Somebody else would catch it and somebody else would fix it so it's impossible.

View Quote

That cuts both ways.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Some of the articles I just read in Dodson make it sound like he came forward only after Brian Terry was murdered.

View Quote

Correct; he had problems with the operation which he spoke to his superiors about, then turned whistleblower when he heard about Terry's murder.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Akulas carry the Strela-3 SAM. Maybe the Russians shot down TWA 800.
View Quote

Not many of them are able to fit out and put to sea on this side of the world.
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top