User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I remember.

The left has only been publicly opposed to Russia since 2015.
View Quote

More like 2017.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah, thats pretty much how the rest of the world remembers it. The Obama administration started off blaming the Bush administration for our poor relationship with Russia and trying a kinder gentler approach, with Republicans advocating harsher measures. The left didn't really start to turn around on Russia until the Syrian Civil War got rolling, with the full turn against Russia following the 2014 invasion of Ukraine.
View Quote

Agree Syria was a pretty big turning point.

The "Arab Spring" regime change world tour was in full swing, which had started out as the Hillary Clinton doctrine, but at some point it turned into (got hijacked?) to be another UK "Great Game" geopolitical adventure to kick Russia out of certain geographical regions, this time involving warm water ports in Syria. Then there was regime change in Ukraine itself seemingly with a goal/side benefit of kicking Russia out of their ports in Crimea. Putin responding with direct military force in both cases has put the democrats into the 'war with russia' downward spiral ever since
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You're thinking too black and white with "anti-Russia/pro-Russia".
View Quote

how much pot do you smoke ?   seriously
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I also am old enough to remember Senator Ted Kennedy traveling to Moscow in the early 80's trying to solicit help from Moscow to work against President Reagan for the 1984 election.  Dems have cozied up to Commies throughout my lifetime.  When they needed an excuse for Orange man bad the evil Russians were a natural choice.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm old enough to remember Reagan urging Gorbachev to "tear down this wall".

He increased defense spending that the Russians tried to match but drove them to practical insolvency.

A more pertinent question would be to ask what drove the Republicans to become apologists for Russia. For Christ's sake, Gen. Michael Flynn was photographed sitting at a table with Putin during an RT celebration!

I suspect the only reason to adopt their current policy was so they could stick a pointy stick in the eyes of Dem's. The only thing the Republican Congress is interested in is identifying the next policy the Dem's want to pursue and then act viscerally and take the diametric opposite position.

Reagan's party is dead and gone.

I also am old enough to remember Senator Ted Kennedy traveling to Moscow in the early 80's trying to solicit help from Moscow to work against President Reagan for the 1984 election.  Dems have cozied up to Commies throughout my lifetime.  When they needed an excuse for Orange man bad the evil Russians were a natural choice.  

Ok...you really have me confused here.

Historically, who has had the best relationship with Russia? According to you it's the Dem's. I won't argue with you there.

Historically, who has had the toughest approach toward Russia? I will contend it was the Republicans and especially Reagan.

Now try to explain clearly and cogently why things have flipped since Reagan.

I contend the only thing that changed is Trump becoming president and the fellow Republicans following his lead in admiring the strong leadership skills of Putin.

Reagan would be appalled by seeing Putin entangled in the Ukrainian mess, and congress sitting still waiting for a signal from their gifted leader (who Rex Tillerson called a "fucking moron") before sending aid.

Russia is in a position Reagan would be having wet dreams about, and the fringe Republicans in the House are too stupid to take any kind of advantage...just to punk the Dem's.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Flynn is a Democrat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He increased defense spending that the Russians tried to match but drove them to practical insolvency.

A more pertinent question would be to ask what drove the Republicans to become apologists for Russia. For Christ's sake, Gen. Michael Flynn was photographed sitting at a table with Putin during an RT celebration!

I suspect the only reason to adopt their current policy was so they could stick a pointy stick in the eyes of Dem's. The only thing the Republican Congress is interested in is identifying the next policy the Dem's want to pursue and then act viscerally and take the diametric opposite position.

Flynn is a Democrat.

Republican since 2021 and part of Trumps administration for a hot three weeks until he was fired for lying about contact with Russians in Putin's administration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Flynn
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Historically, who has had the best relationship with Russia? According to you it's the Dem's. I won't argue with you there.

Historically, who has had the toughest approach toward Russia? I will contend it was the Republicans and especially Reagan.

I contend the only thing that changed is Trump becoming president and the fellow Republicans following his lead in admiring the strong leadership skills of Putin.

Reagan would be appalled by seeing Putin entangled in the Ukrainian mess, and congress sitting still waiting for a signal from their gifted leader (who Rex Tillerson called a "fucking moron") before sending aid.

Russia is in a position Reagan would be having wet dreams about, and the fringe Republicans in the House are too stupid to take any kind of advantage...just to punk the Dem's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reagan didn’t want to destroy Russia, he wanted to destroy the USSR.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I wouldn't say the Republicans are "apologists for Russia" as much as they don't see Russia as the big bad boogeyman the left has turned them into.  Trump was right, we (and the rest of the world) would greatly benefit by having a friendlier relationship with Russia.

We've been fighting proxy wars against Russia for decades to protect the petrodollar.  Russia tried to join NATO but that would have made NATO irrelevant and stopped the gravy train of U.S. taxpayer dollars going to the rest of the world so they were denied.  The world needs a "good guy vs bad guy" illusion at all times to justify all the billions that are spent on defense by the world's superpowers and keep the population in a constant state of fear so the governments remain relevant.  Peace is bad for business and causes people to ask uncomfortable questions.

View Quote

Russia never tried to join NATO. Your comment is utter B.S.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't say the Republicans are "apologists for Russia" as much as they don't see Russia as the big bad boogeyman the left has turned them into.  Trump was right, we (and the rest of the world) would greatly benefit by having a friendlier relationship with Russia.

We've been fighting proxy wars against Russia for decades to protect the petrodollar.  Russia tried to join NATO but that would have made NATO irrelevant and stopped the gravy train of U.S. taxpayer dollars going to the rest of the world so they were denied.  The world needs a "good guy vs bad guy" illusion at all times to justify all the billions that are spent on defense by the world's superpowers and keep the population in a constant state of fear so the governments remain relevant.  Peace is bad for business and causes people to ask uncomfortable questions.

The USSR tried to join in 1954. Putin tried to join soon after he took power.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/04/ex-nato-head-says-putin-wanted-to-join-alliance-early-on-in-his-rule
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k4TNtUZnM4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reagan didn’t want to destroy Russia, he wanted to destroy the USSR.

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k4TNtUZnM4

That was some funny shit!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/04/ex-nato-head-says-putin-wanted-to-join-alliance-early-on-in-his-rule
View Quote

Again, utter B.S for the smooth brains. Show me the concrete steps that Russia took to join NATO?  

Oh, they didn't want to wait in line behind "insignificant" nations and the big, bad West would not make an exception for kind, gentle, loving Russia.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Again, utter B.S for the smooth brains. Show me the concrete steps that Russia took to join NATO?  

Oh, they didn't want to wait in line behind "insignificant" nations and the big, bad West would not make an exception for kind, gentle, loving Russia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are denying history. Look it up, or wallow in your ignorance, I care not.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Barack Obama in open microphone gaffe with Dmitry Medvedev

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxEDomUlXw
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
20 years?
I wonder how the left would be viewing all this if they didn't blame Russia for Trump 2016.

Remember Hillary's "Reset" button?  Russia was the darling of the left.  I has to be confusing to a lot of people that Obama and Clinton wanted to build a cordial relationship with Russia, when Trump felt that way, the left acted like fools about it.

The "reset button" was a photo op and there was never a reset of any kind.  The Obama admin weren't buddies with Russia and the whole "wanted to build a cordial relationship" facade was horseshit.

Barack Obama in open microphone gaffe with Dmitry Medvedev

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxEDomUlXw

It’s okay when Obama makes a deal with Putin,
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Obama supported Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas.

The claim Russia was offering rewards for dead Americans in Afghanistan was without solid evidence. I doubt Russia is happy about the Taliban. They were probably happy to have the US there.

There were issues in places like Syria, where the US and Russia were at odds. Although more so with Trump, who bombed the airbase there and killed Russians who attacked a US outpost.

Obama's policies in the region were mostly about pushing the Iran Deal. That put him on the pro Russia side of things. Biden's policies are just a continuation of Obama's.
View Quote

And also for those who seem so flabbergasted that anyone would suggest the US helped create ISIS…
Saw a video of Obama, giving a speech on the status of Syria when he was president where he states: “i have taken actions to increase the speed of training of new ISIL recruits from the Anbar region.”
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And also for those who seem so flabbergasted that anyone would suggest the US helped create ISIS…
Saw a video of Obama, giving a speech on the status of Syria when he was president where he states: “i have taken actions to increase the speed of training of new ISIL recruits from the Anbar region.”
View Quote

No you didn't.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Republican since 2021 and part of Trumps administration for a hot three weeks until he was fired for lying about contact with Russians in Putin's administration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Flynn
View Quote

FBI op against Flynn. They prosecuted (persecuted) him after they ambushed him with a "friendly interview". FBI "lost" the original 302, but there is one that was edited months after the fact. They tried to get him for lying to the FBI.

The real crime was the FBI spying on Americans.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The claim Russia was offering rewards for dead Americans in Afghanistan was without solid evidence. I doubt Russia is happy about the Taliban. They were probably happy to have the US there.

There were issues in places like Syria, where the US and Russia were at odds. Although more so with Trump, who bombed the airbase there and killed Russians who attacked a US outpost.

Obama's policies in the region were mostly about pushing the Iran Deal. That put him on the pro Russia side of things. Biden's policies are just a continuation of Obama's.

Did you watch a short 5 second clip, or the whole thing where it’s abundantly clear that he simply misspoke and was talking about training forces to fight against ISIS?

I really fucking hate when you guys go off the deep end and make me start actually defending people like Obama.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Obama refused to send Ukraine weapons.

Trump sent them javelin.

Biden wanted to stop sending javelin just prior to the election invasion.

Likely Trump sending them javelin is what saved Ukraine from defeat in the early stages of the war.

Rex seemed like he might be promising, but turned out to be a dud. He tried to save the Iran Deal. Anyone who supports the Iran Deal who calls others "morons" is an idiot.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

lol, no.

You guys are SO easily duped.
View Quote

Obama gave ISIS room to grow by pulling out of Iraq. His policies in Syria, his general support for the Muslim Brotherhood (for example in Egypt) and taking down Daffy Duck in Libya all contributed to ISIS.

Of course, ISIS was a problem for Obama, it showed the inherent flaws in his views/approach. I don't think he gave a shit about it being evil, but he wasn't happy with the complications. I recall back in the day indications that our intelligence was at odds with Obama policy, and that political actors were obscuring intel reports.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I thought Russia was Islam's BFF, nowadays.

They're certainly in bed with Iran.

And the "S" in BRICS stand for Saudi Arabia.

I don't get it.
View Quote

Islam isn't monolithic.  Its just as fractured as christianity is, only with way way more hatred between the various strains of belief.
For example one of ISIS goals is to destroy the Kaaba in Mecca, as they believe the veneration of it is a form of idolatry. This does not make them popular with Saudi Arabia and Iran.
By Russia siding with Saudi Arabia and Iran, that actually puts a target on them from certain Islamic jihadist organizations.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#22]
So much yapping
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I hunted down the transcript.  That part was marked as a correction error and would have been out sync with rest of speech.

I did see the video and he did say that.  But through open discourse on here I was able to do further research and verify what others said.

Now ISIS was very destabilizing for the region, their funding and intel that made them successful as they were came from somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:49:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I can't even begin to imagine all the stuff that the Rooskes have shoved up the assholes of the captured ISIS guys.

We're probably talking like 2" schedule 40 pipe.  Maybe even 2-1/2".
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I can't even begin to imagine all the stuff that the Rooskes have shoved up the assholes of the captured ISIS guys.

View Quote

We should be so lucky to serve justice as swiftly in America.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wonder how long they'll work them over until killing them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I remember hearing about this at Abu Ghraib and all those CIA blacksites as well.

It's amazing to me how quickly things turn gay when it comes to interrogations.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I remember hearing about this at Abu Ghraib and all those CIA blacksites as well.

It's amazing to me how quickly things turn gay when it comes to interrogations
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's amazing to me how quickly things turn gay when it comes to interrogations

I've heard it described as aural rape.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do ya'll "reset button" believers think Russia wasn't supporting our enemies in Iraq and Afghanistan during Obama's terms?  Really?

Russia has a pretty strong relationship with the Taliban. That's actually one of the main complaints ISIS-K has with Russia. They specifically mentioned in several of their statements about the Moscow attack. Russia likes the anti-West mentality of the Taliban. They have diplomatic relationships and the Taliban has even provided security for the Russian embassy in Kabul. I believe there's even been an exchange of military attaches.

I don't know if Russia offered bounties on US soldiers but I do know that they currently have a warm relationship together.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Why wouldn't they. We are the common enemy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

lol, no.

You guys are SO easily duped.
View Quote

Reminder that you tried to dupe GD pushing a  fake transcript of Tucker Carlson's big interview, and people saw through it
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Whoever said they would be hooked up to a car battery seems to have called it. Intel Slava on telegram has uploads this morning showing a battery device being used on the terrorists
View Quote

That was me, I guess I really did call it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

No. The dems flipped on Russia just before Trump. Previously they had an infatuation with Russia/CCCP back when they were doing commie shit. Then suddenly it changed HARD 180. They went from Kennedy reaching out to them to sabotage Reagan, Bernie Sanders "honeymoon" in Soviet Russia, Hilary and her retarded "reset", FBHO telling Medvedev "tell Vlad that I'll have more flexibility after the (2012) election"...to the visceral hatred they have for Russia since around 2014 or so. Something happened that we dont see or know about. Putin's Russia somehow veered away from the fellow travelers path with the demo-commies in the USA. Maybe it has something to do with Putin rejecting globalism and embracing nationalism. Or more likely, some $$$ deal fell through. Maybe FBHO/Clinton et al wanted something in Ukraine but Putin wanted it all. Whatever it is, the dems hate Russia like they owe them money!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

In a discussion over NATO expansion among ex-Warsaw Pact countries Putin asked if he could join NATO. It surprised everyone and he was nervously told no but no one took it seriously. It was never a serious request, just Putin testing the waters. He wanted Russia to join NATO about like France wants to be the 51st State...
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Russia has a pretty strong relationship with the Taliban. That's actually one of the main complaints ISIS-K has with Russia. They specifically mentioned in several of their statements about the Moscow attack. Russia likes the anti-West mentality of the Taliban. They have diplomatic relationships and the Taliban has even provided security for the Russian embassy in Kabul. I believe there's even been an exchange of military attaches.

I don't know if Russia offered bounties on US soldiers but I do know that they currently have a warm relationship together.
View Quote

Yeah. Russia has been very popular in Afghanistan since 1979. Everybody loves them there...
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#36]
A lot of people need to stop the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" shit.   WWII should have proved that

the German Reich, Imperial Japan and USSR were all enemies of the US. It also happened that the German Reich was also enemies with the USSR, and everybody else other then Imperial Japan.

ISIS is an enemy of everyone that does not follow their particular brand of radical Sunni Islam.  hell ISIS and its "subsidary" IS-K probably will end up enemies at some point.

Don't underestimate the amount of hate in the world.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:00:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A lot of people need to stop the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" shit.   WWII should have proved that

the German Reich, Imperial Japan and USSR were all enemies of the US. It also happened that the German Reich was also enemies with the USSR, and everybody else other then Imperial Japan.

ISIS is an enemy of everyone that does not follow their particular brand of radical Sunni Islam.  hell ISIS and its "subsidary" IS-K probably will end up enemies at some point.

Don't underestimate the amount of hate in the world.
View Quote

You failed to mention anything about SCIFs so I can't take this seriously.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully very good medics are on hand to ensure it is not quick… I think they should prolong it for every killed and injured civilian.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

In a discussion over NATO expansion among ex-Warsaw Pact countries Putin asked if he could join NATO. It surprised everyone and he was nervously told no but no one took it seriously. It was never a serious request, just Putin testing the waters. He wanted Russia to join NATO about like France wants to be the 51st State...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He would have loved to join NATO, just like the USSR wanted to in 1954, he would have inside influence while continuing to do whatever he wanted.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Is this thread still for talking about the Crocus attack? Can we still do that, or has this been derailed enough to require a new thread?

Russian TV talking about the attack and who's behind it.
Head of RT Margarita Simonyan blames the US and Ukraine for the Crocus City Hall attack
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:12:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#42]
And here are your suspects, injured during their apprehension. And one lost his ear fleeing the Russian security.
Russian TV talks about the Crocus City Hall suspects
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Putin's 2nd Speech In 3 Days On Moscow Attack: Why Would ISIS Attack Russia; Only Ukraine Benefiting

Putin's 2nd Speech In 3 Days On Moscow Attack: Why Would ISIS Attack Russia; Only Ukraine Benefiting
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russians do that to innocent civilians too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:32:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Anyone know which one of the four was the one cutting on the guy who was wounded on the floor?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:32:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, I had a disclaimer typed under that post(that I removed before posting)so that small minded members wouldn't chime in about how I support Russians and/or their civilization to include politics and human rights violations. I do not support either of those and your post lends itself to a warped sense that I may be cheering on the Russians in their unfair treatment of innocent civilians.
My post simply reflects that I admittedly enjoy watching them dismantle the guilty parties human spirit and will covet the day they take their lives in whatever fashion the Russian police decide is best. And, I wish America would do the same instead of repeatedly letting convicted killers of innocent people live in prison for life or set free at some point.
Pretty fucking simple.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:23:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Anyone know which one of the four was the one cutting on the guy who was wounded on the floor?
View Quote

Yes, I posted it a couple pages back
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:12:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Trump sent them javelin.

Likely Trump sending them javelin is what saved Ukraine from defeat in the early stages of the war.

Rex seemed like he might be promising, but turned out to be a dud. He tried to save the Iran Deal. Anyone who supports the Iran Deal who calls others "morons" is an idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump sent them javelin.

The Trump weapons shipments were very small numbers, I think the willingness to send lethal aid and change precedent was more impactful.

Also Trump moved US forces to Poland and entered an agreement to build a military base in Eastern Poland because they met their NATO obligations. I think this has had the most impact in the war, since Poland is used to transfer majority of equipment to Ukraine.

Trump also sanctioned Nordstream 2.

Reactivated the North Atlantic area.of responsibility for the Navy.

His admin did a lot that was "tough" on Russia. I don't know why he isn't capitalizing off it pre-election.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwanFrfiWjY
View Quote

Putin needs more lead in his diet.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#50]
So a Ukrainian guy I work with says this was done by the CIA. I believe he is off his meds but has this been brought up in this thread at all?
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top