User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wasn't a boy scout so I don't get this.  So they're allowing females to earn eagle scout now?  What is the problem with that?
View Quote
short version is Army Ranger school
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
short version is Army Ranger school
View Quote
That cat is already out of the bag.  And all those opportunities should be open to females just as they have been open to weak males.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Read the press release.  Boy Scout Troops are NOT going co-ed.  Packs may choose to go co-ed but will be segregated into single-gender dens.

But, I don't expect either to last for long.  Moms will cry, "the Cub Scout Pack has two dens with 8 boys each, but my Suzie is stuck in the girls' den with two other girls. It's not FAAAAAAIIIIIIRRRRRRR......."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In spite of all of the bad press in the past years, I was actually quite excited about getting my son into scouting.  Until now.  I don't have a problem with him being around girls.  I encourage it.  But, it hurts my heart to see one of the few remaining boys' clubs being turned into a co-ed clusterfuck.  I suppose I have a few years to really make up my mind about him being involved, but this certainly doesn't help.  

Bad move, BSA.  Bad move.
Read the press release.  Boy Scout Troops are NOT going co-ed.  Packs may choose to go co-ed but will be segregated into single-gender dens.

But, I don't expect either to last for long.  Moms will cry, "the Cub Scout Pack has two dens with 8 boys each, but my Suzie is stuck in the girls' den with two other girls. It's not FAAAAAAIIIIIIRRRRRRR......."
I heard, back in the 70's, that there was talk of the BSA taking over the running of the GSA. The troops will still be gender separate and I suspect the requirements as well. Let the BSA do their cakes in a Dutch oven like we did back then and IDC. Come to think of it, if a kid wants to bake a cake in the kitchen I don't have a problem with that as long as the original BSA advancement requirements ARE NOT relaxed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My sons wolf scout den will surely have 2 girls join right away now.  2 kids in his den have sisters who are at every damn meeting and do every event they can possibly do and want to join...  They are basically already in it without the uniform.
View Quote
They can't join your son's Wolf Den, they will need to be in their own Den.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:33:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:38:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was an Eagle scout in the '70's. Went to Philmont.  Summer camps at ALFLO, had a shooting range that no longer exist.  Good times.  A few years ago in a heart to heart with my son, I told him I always regretted not getting him in to Boy Scouts.  He told me not to sweat it dad and was glad I didn't push him to join.  He now resides on a small "compound" just south of Crestview, Fl with a "Group" of real men, so I guess he turned out ok.

I know I know, humble brag post, if you catch the reference  
View Quote
a couple branches stationed there, whichever one he's with thank him for his service.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's a common thing for the Blue&Gold Banquet, has been for decades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When did cake baking become a Scout activity?
We usually made cobblers in our Dutch ovens and Cinnamon rolls or biscuits for breakfast.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder how the GSA feels about this?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I thought your motorcycle just blew up.
View Quote
Me too,lol.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#13]
It's all about the funding.  Traditional funding dried up long ago.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I thought your motorcycle just blew up.
View Quote

Me too...
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Type Boy Scout Folsom Dair in a search engine image search, I can't post that merit page here
View Quote
No weird merit badges, but lots of leather BDSM & gay parades.

(Or was that suppose to be "Dairy" or "Fair"?)

But I did find one of Aimless & DK Prof's distant relatives love children...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That cat is already out of the bag.  And all those opportunities should be open to females just as they have been open to weak males.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What ever happened to the GSA?
View Quote
Cookies and social justice.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#19]
That dude should be kicked out and given a dishonorable.  And I'm not sure what that has to do with this.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
a couple branches stationed there, whichever one he's with thank him for his service.
View Quote
7th Group.  Thanks.  He's made us proud.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Guess I'm pulling my 6 year old son out of Cub Scouts. 
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Actually not true.  The LDS still supported the BSA at least until eagle scout.  Will be interesting to see how they take this considering they are 25% of all scouts iirc.
View Quote
Meh,
The LDS has a history of folding, er, having a new revelation, whenever the .gov comes down on them, so not expecting too much whining from them on this cultural issue.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It has nothing to do with gender equality. It has everything to do with pre-emptively avoiding the "My child is a trans-gender and boy scouts is not allowing my boy to be a girl, or my girl to be a boy" thing. It's 3D chess.
They thought this would be a way to avoid the whole tranny boy scout issue. Everyone just "assumes" the boy is a girl. So, a girl who wants to be a boy can join and no one would have an issue. Or a boy who decides he wants to be a girl can be a girl in the boy scouts.
View Quote
No one would have an issue? Yeah ok. You do realize who sponsors almost all boy scouts don't you?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No weird merit badges, but lots of leather BDSM & gay parades.

(Or was that suppose to be "Dairy" or "Fair"?)

But I did find one of Aimless & DK Prof's distant relatives...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/352436/image-330802.JPG
View Quote
IM with link sent
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We usually made cobblers in our Dutch ovens and Cinnamon rolls or biscuits for breakfast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When did cake baking become a Scout activity?
This is how we rolled.  

Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#26]
The old camp special.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#27]
You were told this was going to happen when they allowed the gays in. The Left is DESTROYING EVERYTHING until they can get to YEAR ZERO, Cambodian style. Look it up.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Guess I'll take all my pre-SJW BSA books and guides and just do them with my son on our own. Will look into Trail Life USA as well for the companionship and team aspect too. It's not so much any ONE policy the BSA has put in place, but rather the direction that all of their policies show them moving in the last 5 years or so. I really enjoyed my time in scouting, but it was rough and tumble shit that boys did and didn't have to worry about moms or girls in the mix for whatever complications, if any, it may have caused.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
IM with link sent
View Quote
Scared to look
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Actually not true.  The LDS still supported the BSA at least until eagle scout.  Will be interesting to see how they take this considering they are 25% of all scouts iirc.
View Quote
They'll probably start a new organization and it will be better
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
If I am not mistaken, the LDS church (a few months ago) has already determined that they are planning on cutting the BSA program after age 14.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Just like how the YMCA took out the "C" from their organization.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#33]
The fact that the den or patrol will be gender specific is smoke and mirrors. If our pack and troop are representive of most, the majority of activities are at the pack or troop level.

In cub scouts, the den has its weekly meetings or a couple of activities. But, all campouts, summer camps, parades, service projects, etc are done as a pack.

In Boy Scouts,  nothing was really done as a patrol, except when they divided up to compete against other patrols, or older patrols helping younger. All activities were done as a troop.

The boys and the girls will be mixing in together, it's the structure of the programs.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
IM with link sent
View Quote
Fucking imgur sucks balls, at least on an iphone it always loads the site with a blank image.

I'll imagine it's something like a dildo & a rainbow, or a brown star at the end of a rainbow?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#35]
I am betting that there won't be a ton of girls joining up.  That one troop will get a girl and all the boys will transfer to a different troop.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm an Eagle Scout an a current Assistant Scout Master.

We already have co-ed scouting in Venturing Crews. I think the ages are about 14 to 21, maybe up to 22. The rest of the world has been co-ed scouting forever.  
I hate to see tradition go away but the reality is that Girl Scouts sucks as far as adventure and outdoors stuff goes.  Those girls don't learn much there.

I'm sure the same rules will apply to Cub Scouts as they already apply to Venturing Crews. If a female is on a trip then a female leader must also be on that trip.  Separate sleeping arrangements for both male and female leaders and for male and female cub scouts.
The transition will be seamless for most cub packs as they are already very family oriented.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"Scout?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do we call "Boy Scouts" that are girls?  "Girl Scout" is taken.
"Scout?"
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's all about the funding.  Traditional funding dried up long ago.
View Quote
QFT.
Increased membership is increased money. If BSA doesn’t increase its revenue, it’s game over for the organization.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#40]
The Cub Scout program will remain gender specific. The girl version will be separate from the boy version.

This is a good thing as it will end the radical feminist Girl Scouts.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm an Eagle Scout an a current Assistant Scout Master.

We already have co-ed scouting in Venturing Crews. I think the ages are about 14 to 21, maybe up to 22. The rest of the world has been co-ed scouting forever.  
I hate to see tradition go away but the reality is that Girl Scouts sucks as far as adventure and outdoors stuff goes.  Those girls don't learn much there.

I'm sure the same rules will apply to Cub Scouts as they already apply to Venturing Crews. If a female is on a trip then a female leader must also be on that trip.  Separate sleeping arrangements for both male and female leaders and for male and female cub scouts.
The transition will be seamless for most cub packs as they are already very family oriented.
View Quote
Here's a groundbreaking idea: Why don't they set out to change that institution instead of whining about being including in BSA? Boy Scouts is for little bros, not for little chicks; it's actually in the name.

Me and my brother are going backpacking in a few weekends and I invited a good friend of mine whom I haven't seen in a few years. He's married. Not once has he asked about bringing his wife along. Why? Because it's a bro weekend, that's why. Some things are just not meant to be all-inclusive.

ETA: This isn't an attack on you. I'm just irritated with all this type of shit in general.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Never

Thats some Obama level faggotry 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a damn shame, my grandson just started cub scouts. He will never see scouting as I did. He and my son will be doing a father/son cake baking & decorating as team for a pack competition. WTF ? ? When did cake baking become a Scout activity?
Never

Thats some Obama level faggotry 
Make the best of it, a two scoop ice cream cake.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Fucking imgur sucks balls, at least on an iphone it always loads the site with a blank image.

I'll imagine it's something like a dildo & a rainbow, or a brown star at the end of a rainbow?
View Quote
Gay guy in San Francisco  sitting on a parade float wearing a too small BSA uniform seated by a huge merit badge of anal sex
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Goal of the progressives is this
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#45]
My boy is 8yo and loves Scouting.  We researched different Packs/Troops in the greater Seattle area, most were disgusting liberal dens of failure.   Largely single moms looking for baby sitters or "father figures" for their bastard children.  We happily travel 30min to participate with a more rural and healthy minded group of folks.  We weren't at all interested in Urban Scouting porgrams.

As a group, we spend a lot of time and treasure and have a genuinely healthy traditional Scouting program going...

Now what?  Of course my boy is learning from me, his uncles, and friends.  But what about exposure to group projects with other kids his own age? outdoor activities?  Life sports? Making good choices in stressful situations? Etc.

A Pack/Troop is a product of the local families participating.  But when leadership is so far out of line... We're going to have some hard conversations at the dinner table tonight.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#46]
i am an eagle scout and i stopped giving them money years ago.  they are a shell of what they once were and run by sjws now.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My sons wolf scout den will surely have 2 girls join right away now.  2 kids in his den have sisters who are at every damn meeting and do every event they can possibly do and want to join...  They are basically already in it without the uniform.
View Quote
Right in the article, and I won't be too hard on you because it is obvious no one in this thread is fucking reading it, it says that girls and boys will be kept in separate dens.

A pack may have both boy and girl dens or they can elect to form a boys and girls pack. Dens will not be intermingled.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The fact that the den or patrol will be gender specific is smoke and mirrors. If our pack and troop are representive of most, the majority of activities are at the pack or troop level.

In cub scouts, the den has its weekly meetings or a couple of activities. But, all campouts, summer camps, parades, service projects, etc are done as a pack.

In Boy Scouts,  nothing was really done as a patrol, except when they divided up to compete against other patrols, or older patrols helping younger. All activities were done as a troop.

The boys and the girls will be mixing in together, it's the structure of the programs.
View Quote
RIF.  Troops are gender-segregated, not patrols.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Goal of the progressives is this
https://i.imgur.com/5lUEklN.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#50]
pitiful
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top