Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Right in the article, and I won't be too hard on you because it is obvious no one in this thread is fucking reading it, it says that girls and boys will be kept in separate dens.

A pack may have both boy and girl dens or they can elect to form a boys and girls pack. Dens will not be intermingled.
View Quote
Yup, didn't read  

So if our pack decides to roll it into an inclusive gender pack, then they could join?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My nephew has been in for a while and all the campouts have tons of Mommys that go to every event and prevent  them from being boys.
View Quote
Yup, this was a huge frustration as an adult leader. They were sometimes the majority of the TLC, too. It can limit what the boys in the troop are able to do.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Here's a groundbreaking idea: Why don't they set out to change that institution instead of whining about being including in BSA? Boy Scouts is for little bros, not for little chicks; it's actually in the name.

Me and my brother are going backpacking in a few weekends and I invited a good friend of mine whom I haven't seen in a few years. He's married. Not once has he asked about bringing his wife along. Why? Because it's a bro weekend, that's why. Some things are just not meant to be all-inclusive.

ETA: This isn't an attack on you. I'm just irritated with all this type of shit in general.
View Quote
Pretty sure it's been people in the BSA pushing for this.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL. Updated my shitty photoshop
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We’re through the looking glass here people, and living in the strange reality on the other side of the mirror.

Our enemy wants to destroy tradition, traditional institutions, societal norms, to destroy the past itself.
View Quote
A lot of people still don't realize we're fighting full blown Marxism + NWO in America. Venezuela is going to look like a wet dream if these people win.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Scouting movement across the world has welcomed females for decades now, it works just fine, Welcome to 1990 America!
View Quote
The Scouting movement across the world has largely abandoned what it was supposed to be years ago. They succumbed culturally to Leftist ideas first. And just because everyone else jumps off of a cliff doesn't mean that it's the right choice. What is right isn't determined by numbers.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I was an Eagle Scout.  I have two girls.  I would gladly join a girl's version of Boy Scouts when I get older.  What won't happen is my daughter's on campouts with boys without me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My son just earned his eagle. We saw the writing on the wall, and he was glad to get it done before the scouts completely fell apart. He's concerned that they will neuter the program down so much that "eagle" won't mean anything.

I was a den leader all through his cub years, and asst scoutmaster for his scout years, Im still there. I told the scoutmaster that if a girl shows up, I'm gone.

Nothing against girls, they just don't belong in Boy Scouts. Just like boys need to stay out of GS.
View Quote
They started neutering Eagle a few years ago. Eagle Board now is just a rubber stamp, a mere formality. I had to take a hard look at the new rules and get creative when deciding how we were going to Eagle Boards to get around that. Most troops just went with the flow.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm an Eagle Scout an a current Assistant Scout Master.

We already have co-ed scouting in Venturing Crews. I think the ages are about 14 to 21, maybe up to 22. The rest of the world has been co-ed scouting forever.  
I hate to see tradition go away but the reality is that Girl Scouts sucks as far as adventure and outdoors stuff goes.  Those girls don't learn much there.

I'm sure the same rules will apply to Cub Scouts as they already apply to Venturing Crews. If a female is on a trip then a female leader must also be on that trip.  Separate sleeping arrangements for both male and female leaders and for male and female cub scouts.
The transition will be seamless for most cub packs as they are already very family oriented.
View Quote
You have no idea what you are talking about.  This is full blown Marxism.  Mandatory dildos in every ass.  Bullets behind the ear and bodies being rolled into ditches.
The new BSA will make North Korea look like a bible study group.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I was out of scouting in the 90's, so I saw the beginnings of Troop Moms starting to really take-off. I didn't like it. We had a mom with a BSA uniform come on a few trips and it sucked. She annoyed all of us and we didn't feel we could enjoy ourselves like we normally did.

Now it seems, from outside observation, is that there are quite a few more mom-leaders out there. Coincidentally, scouting is becoming a shit-show to those that enjoyed a different style of scouting in the 80's and prior. Now they're slowly creeping girls in (yeah yeah, suurrre, that den of 2 girls won't be involved in everything the other dens do because it's not faaaair) and moving towards a fully integrated organization. More moms on campouts, more girls around, more suck.

People here say the GSA sucks... well, there's your evidence. Having mom leaders makes things suck. Stop doing it. Women made GSA what it is and it's not good enough for peoples' daughters. They now want in to what the men and boys are doing. They'll get in, as we see increasingly, and they'll make it suck too.

Before someone's panties get too wadded up... I just strongly believe that boys and young men DO actually benefit from learning from men without mom and girls around. Not really sure why that's wrong nowadays. Plenty of all-girls schools still exist.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Right in the article, and I won't be too hard on you because it is obvious no one in this thread is fucking reading it, it says that girls and boys will be kept in separate dens.

A pack may have both boy and girl dens or they can elect to form a boys and girls pack. Dens will not be intermingled.
View Quote
Yeah right separate dens... until they're not separate.  "The camel's nose is under the tent"  it's only a matter of time until the camel toes are everywhere all the time...

"there were only 2 girls so it was easier/cost effective to blend with boy's den"
"the den leader had boys and girls in his family so they both were at the meetings anyway"
"the girls wanted to be with the boys because their den does more interesting projects"
etc.
etc.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#16]
My seven year old is joining the cub scouts on Monday He's super pumped, I'll have to stay involved I guess to make sure they're not just sitting in a room watching Brovo or some shit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Actually, I doubt this will make that much difference at this point; those who are going to turn their backs on them already have and those left won't care.
View Quote
This.  Everyone who is bitching about it isn't in the BSA and has no intention of joining, anyways.

Actually, it's probably a smart move.  Between the girls who aren't real giggled up about Girl Scouts and want to do it and the sisters of the boy scouts who are tagging along anyways, the BSA just erased the losses of everyone who left over gays.  

Strictly speaking, what the BSA said was "local units can choose" and they passed the buck just like they did with gay/lesbian leaders.   They didn't even involve the councils this time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#18]
So are they just going to be the SA now?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This.  Everyone who is bitching about it isn't in the BSA and has no intention of joining, anyways.

Actually, it's probably a smart move.  Between the girls who aren't real giggled up about Girl Scouts and want to do it and the sisters of the boy scouts who are tagging along anyways, the BSA just erased the losses of everyone who left over gays.  

Strictly speaking, what the BSA said was "local units can choose" and they passed the buck just like they did with gay/lesbian leaders.   They didn't even involve the councils this time.
View Quote
Plenty of us who are bitching about it have been involved in Scouting, some of us for a long time. I've been involved in it in some way for 2/3 of my life and I'm an Eagle Scout. What National has been doing for the last several years is wrong and it will not stop here.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They started neutering Eagle a few years ago. Eagle Board now is just a rubber stamp, a mere formality. I had to take a hard look at the new rules and get creative when deciding how we were going to Eagle Boards to get around that. Most troops just went with the flow.
View Quote
This is so much the truth!

I sat in a room in 2005 for 3 hours being grilled and demonstrating. I had to know Senators, Representatives, both state and national. It was grueling but a breeze because I knew it. 

I was recently SM for 2 years. All 7 of my Eagle Boards were absolutely sickening. 30 minutes and done. Its a job interview, not a skills demonstration... I was so disappointed.
I informed my troop Aug 1st I was stepping down. They were all upset because I was pushing their kids to be better and do more. The church sponsor called and begged me to come back

I cant stand behind a organization that has zero backbone for their believes. 

I have resencided my membership as of today because of this new decision. I could handle the transgender thing... (church wouldn't allow it and they have the final say on who is in or out) 
Now that wont be the case...
I have a 2yo boy and it breaks my heart knowing he wont experience what I did, but I will teach him what he needs to know.

I am done with BS, they can do whatever they want but its over...
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was out of scouting in the 90's, so I saw the beginnings of Troop Moms starting to really take-off. I didn't like it. We had a mom with a BSA uniform come on a few trips and it sucked. She annoyed all of us and we didn't feel we could enjoy ourselves like we normally did.

Now it seems, from outside observation, is that there are quite a few more mom-leaders out there. Coincidentally, scouting is becoming a shit-show to those that enjoyed a different style of scouting in the 80's and prior. Now they're slowly creeping girls in (yeah yeah, suurrre, that den of 2 girls won't be involved in everything the other dens do because it's not faaaair) and moving towards a fully integrated organization. More moms on campouts, more girls around, more suck.

People here say the GSA sucks... well, there's your evidence. Having mom leaders makes things suck. Stop doing it. Women made GSA what it is and it's not good enough for peoples' daughters. They now want in to what the men and boys are doing. They'll get in, as we see increasingly, and they'll make it suck too.

Before someone's panties get too wadded up... I just strongly believe that boys and young men DO actually benefit from learning from men without mom and girls around. Not really sure why that's wrong nowadays. Plenty of all-girls schools still exist.
View Quote
There is so much truth here.... it might make some people's head explode.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yup, didn't read  

So if our pack decides to roll it into an inclusive gender pack, then they could join?
View Quote
As a note, your pack doesn't decide.  Your charter organization decides.

It sounds like the intent is starting with the 2018 school year to give charter orgs enough time to decide what they want to do, and if they want to have girls, line up volunteer leaders.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There is so much truth here.... it might make some people's head explode.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What ever happened to the GSA?
View Quote
Just got bigger.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
RIF.  Troops are gender-segregated, not patrols.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fact that the den or patrol will be gender specific is smoke and mirrors. If our pack and troop are representive of most, the majority of activities are at the pack or troop level.

In cub scouts, the den has its weekly meetings or a couple of activities. But, all campouts, summer camps, parades, service projects, etc are done as a pack.

In Boy Scouts,  nothing was really done as a patrol, except when they divided up to compete against other patrols, or older patrols helping younger. All activities were done as a troop.

The boys and the girls will be mixing in together, it's the structure of the programs.
???
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Plenty of us who are bitching about it have been involved in Scouting, some of us for a long time. I've been involved in it in some way for 2/3 of my life and I'm an Eagle Scout. What National has been doing for the last several years is wrong and it will not stop here.
View Quote
"Have been", or "are"?   I get what you're saying, and I can't read national's mind, but I strongly suspect two things:  First, they finally came to the fork in the road (gay leaders) and they had to  choose to be a community organization, or a religious organization.  They chose community.  Everyone who wanted to be in a religious organization left and started whatever group they wanted.  Second, there was NO effort to try and keep those who were displeased enough to leave.  None.  Opening Packs and Troops (because the camel's nose got under the tent 50 years ago with co-ed or all-girl Crews, Posts and Ships) to girls was inevitable once they made that choice.

It will make more sense once you look at the BSA (and scouting worldwide) as a community organization, not a church youth group.  You still may not like it, but what they're doing will make more sense.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

LOL. Updated my shitty photoshop
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fact that the den or patrol will be gender specific is smoke and mirrors. If our pack and troop are representive of most, the majority of activities are at the pack or troop level.

In cub scouts, the den has its weekly meetings or a couple of activities. But, all campouts, summer camps, parades, service projects, etc are done as a pack.

In Boy Scouts,  nothing was really done as a patrol, except when they divided up to compete against other patrols, or older patrols helping younger. All activities were done as a troop.

The boys and the girls will be mixing in together, it's the structure of the programs.
???
Go read the press release again. Packs can have no girls, or can have a girls den.  Boy Scout Troops, however, will remain male-only, no Girls Patrols.  Girls of Troop age  will have thir own troop-equivalent unit, assuming they can find a chartering org who will support one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have resencided my membership as of today because of this new decision. I could handle the transgender thing... (church wouldn't allow it and they have the final say on who is in or out) 
Now that wont be the case...
I have a 2yo boy and it breaks my heart knowing he wont experience what I did, but I will teach him what he needs to know.
View Quote
Actually, it specifically will be the case.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They are already a shell of what they were, even in the 90’s when I was involved. Today they caved into PC and signed their death wish.
View Quote

Because they were scared to stand up against gay scoutleaders and all that PC bullshit.
Many parents kept their kids at home.  

Now they're just trying to get any members.

Utterly insane and retarded that they've compromised their principles and utterly fucked a decent organization.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I thought your motorcycle just blew up.
View Quote
I thought his shitty red dot died.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#33]
When you stop standing for something, you’ll fall for anything.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Coed campouts in high school. Little Susie is about to get knocked up.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#35]
So glad I am done.

My son made Eagle, I was an ASM, very traditional "old school" troop. Our boys were boys....and I got to watch and help many of them turn into men.

If anyone does not see the problem with this, well you are part of the problem.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That dude should be kicked out and given a dishonorable.  And I'm not sure what that has to do with this.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Guess I'll take all my pre-SJW BSA books and guides and just do them with my son on our own. Will look into Trail Life USA as well for the companionship and team aspect too. It's not so much any ONE policy the BSA has put in place, but rather the direction that all of their policies show them moving in the last 5 years or so. I really enjoyed my time in scouting, but it was rough and tumble shit that boys did and didn't have to worry about moms or girls in the mix for whatever complications, if any, it may have caused.
View Quote
I was never involved with the BSA, but the media has oft complained or portrayed the males are too violent. Personally, I predict such programs as shooting will fall by the wayside.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Go read the press release again. Packs can have no girls, or can have a girls den.  Boy Scout Troops, however, will remain male-only, no Girls Patrols.  Girls of Troop age  will have thir own troop-equivalent unit, assuming they can find a chartering org who will support one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

???
I assumed thats what you meant. I figured you you were talking about packs, not patrols, hence the ???

I read the press release. Some people make it sound like the all girl den will be separated from the all boy den. It will at den-only functions. Most important functions are at the pack level, where all dens are together. Boys and girls mixed.

If there is a den of girls, they will need to crossover into something. For boys, it's a patrol in a troop. Its reasonable to expect that the girls will crossover into a patrol for the troop.

They were vague on what will happen. The small communities will not be able to sustain a GSA group, a BSA for boys troop, and a BSA troop for girls. Having gone through the cubscout program, they will be put into the troop, it would be the obvious choice. There, it will be boys patrols and girls patrols in a mixed troop.

There will not be enough girls to have their own troop in many communities. They will have nothing to crossover into. They will threaten to sue the boys troop, they will give in.

As a father of a daughter, I see a rough patch for these girls the first few years of this.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Fox News Harris Faulkner sums it up at the end of the segment
Boy Scouts of America to accept girls throughout its ranks
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"Have been", or "are"?   I get what you're saying, and I can't read national's mind, but I strongly suspect two things:  First, they finally came to the fork in the road (gay leaders) and they had to  choose to be a community organization, or a religious organization.  They chose community.  Everyone who wanted to be in a religious organization left and started whatever group they wanted.  Second, there was NO effort to try and keep those who were displeased enough to leave.  None.  Opening Packs and Troops (because the camel's nose got under the tent 50 years ago with co-ed or all-girl Crews, Posts and Ships) to girls was inevitable once they made that choice.

It will make more sense once you look at the BSA (and scouting worldwide) as a community organization, not a church youth group.  You still may not like it, but what they're doing will make more sense.
View Quote
Scouting does not make sense as a "community organization". The fact that you see it that way (with "religious organization" as the alternative) shows that you've missed the point of Scouting. People like you, if involved in Scouting, are a corrupting influence. What they are doing and have been doing is just plain wrong.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Now, if your son cannot hook up with a chicky/trans-gender Boy Scout
there is still hope with the gay Scoutmaster.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#43]
As and Eagle Scout I am ashamed that they are pulling this little PC bullshit
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you don't understand that, then you're in the wrong thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

???
If you don't understand that, then you're in the wrong thread.
The ??? was so he could reclarify what he said, not because I couldn't read the article. He said that troops would be gender specific, not patrols. As you know, the patrol is a subset of the troop. If the troop is gender specific, all parts within must also be gender specific. I assumed he meant pack, not patrol. Just looking for a little clarification without making a big deal about it. I'll see what I can do about keeping up.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I can’t wait until they have a "transitioning gender" merit badge. You know it will happen.
View Quote
I got her Pregnant badge.
They didn't catch me get her Pregnant badge
Those fuckers made me give DNA, to see if I was father badge
Leave me alone bitch badge
Bitch be lyin yo badge
Tell Timmy to not touch me there badge
Tell Scout Master to stop touching me badge

Fuck the BSA.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Lol
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#47]
doubletap
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I can’t wait until they have a "transitioning gender" merit badge. You know it will happen.
View Quote
[lmao] My first question when I read this story was "do they allow boys in the Girl Scouts?"  If not...that's discrimination.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#50]
I wonder if the three finger salute will become an offensive gesture with girls in the troop?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top