Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot me a PM with that information, my pants just got tight
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many bros have MGs? Especially automatic rifles and/or crew served? (Sorry subgun guys...)

What about DDs?

So far, by my count, we have at least:

(1) LMG
(2) M203s
(2) Carl Gs
(1) 60mm Mortar

Oh...and anyone have a tank or APC?
With what info?
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 12:28:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
With what info?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many bros have MGs? Especially automatic rifles and/or crew served? (Sorry subgun guys...)

What about DDs?

(1) LMG
(2) M203s
(2) Carl Gs
(1) 60mm Mortar

With what info?
where we can shoot these things
i want all the info man, thats what the guys who give TARP briefs want
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 12:58:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty sure if you want all the info for your TARP, you'll have to write to ATF. They have it all on file. But it is protected tax information, so...
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 2:12:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pretty sure if you want all the info for your TARP, you'll have to write to ATF. They have it all on file. But it is protected tax information, so...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It ain’t going into a TARP, it’s for my SA lol
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand these acronyms but TARP reads as TRAP to me. IT'S A TRAP
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Threat Awareness Reporting Program, thank Nadal Hasan
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What about DDs?

(1) LMG
(2) M203s
(2) Carl Gs
(1) 60mm Mortar

View Quote
Just a big, green Toyota Tundra with an expedition bumper. I suppose with a pintle mount on the back and some old conveyor belt as light armor it could do.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#8]
For those not going on the hike tonight, VCDL meeting in Annandale.  Info from the alert below.

VCDL will have its monthly meeting at the Mason Government Center in Annandale Thursday, November 14, at 8 pm, with fellowship starting at 7:30 pm.
Can you guess what we will be discussing?  Yeah.
If you need any VCDL "stuff", send an email to Bruce Jackson at:  [email protected] and he'll try to bring it to the meeting if he gets the notice in time.
As with all VCDL meetings, it is open to the public, so bring family, friends, and co-workers!
After adjournment, those wanting continued fellowship will head to a nearby restaurant.
For directions to the meeting, click:  https://www.vcdl.org/meetings
Carry is legal in this local government building.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For those not going on the hike tonight, VCDL meeting in Annandale.  Info from the alert below.

VCDL will have its monthly meeting at the Mason Government Center in Annandale Thursday, November 14, at 8 pm, with fellowship starting at 7:30 pm.
Can you guess what we will be discussing?  Yeah.
If you need any VCDL "stuff", send an email to Bruce Jackson at:  [email protected] and he'll try to bring it to the meeting if he gets the notice in time.
As with all VCDL meetings, it is open to the public, so bring family, friends, and co-workers!
After adjournment, those wanting continued fellowship will head to a nearby restaurant.
For directions to the meeting, click:  https://www.vcdl.org/meetings
Carry is legal in this local government building.
View Quote
Let us know what joint they are going to after and we may rendezvous there.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Will do,  but I'm going to need to head home after to walk the dog.

With my 35 pound plate carrier on.

Also,  the usual stop after is the jukebox dinner on Columbia pike and John Marr drive.   Which is within walking distance of BonChon.

Just saying.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Spartan Armor has a 20% off sale through tomorrow. So I dove in on https://www.spartanarmorsystems.com/spartan-ar550-body-armor-and-sentinel-swimmers-plate-carrier-package/ with the "advanced triple curve." I also got theEsstac shooters belt and some KYWIs. Once I finish getting components for the PC, I'll probably swap it for something better quality. Most importantly I went with multicam so I can look super cool. I actually think it is the best common option for what I am seeing around here.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Going hunting for a few days around Ridgeway starting Sunday.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good luck! Post pics.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good luck!  I hope to see some pics!

What are you taking for rifles?
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Also,  the usual stop after is the jukebox dinner on Columbia pike and John Marr drive.   Which is within walking distance of BonChon.

Just saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saying.
@RockHard13F

Meeting is still going on.

ETA breaking up in a bit.  Jukebox diner is the spot.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@RockHard13F

View Quote
Hey brother- appreciate the invite but ended up bailing on the fellas after the hike to check on Preggers McPukey Wife.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Tfw the cops come to talk to NOVA BATTLE BUDDIES and you assume it's because some crazy soccer mom saw guys with rucks, plate carriers and AR15s hiking on the trail but in reality it was called in by a German military detachment who is stationed nearby and has specific rules where they can train, so they called the police because DK-LOL's camo pattern was too similar to their own and they didn't want to get in trouble.

(All true.)

Link Posted: 11/14/2019 11:50:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 12:04:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It was all a little unclear to me.

What I understood was that there is a secret Nazi base in NoVA, but they are not allowed out after dark, and someone thought I looked like an escaped Nazi scientist and called the police.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tfw the cops come to talk to NOVA BATTLE BUDDIES and you assume it's because some crazy soccer mom saw guys with rucks, plate carriers and AR15s hiking on the trail but in reality it was called in by a German military detachment who is stationed nearby and has specific rules where they can train, so they called the police because DK-LOL's camo pattern was too similar to their own and they didn't want to get in trouble.

(All true.)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20191114_200219-3991x2993-1161278.jpg

What I understood was that there is a secret Nazi base in NoVA, but they are not allowed out after dark, and someone thought I looked like an escaped Nazi scientist and called the police.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 12:07:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 12:14:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Also, I was wearing a very visible red and white Hawaiin shirt under my Danish (not German)  LBV/pack, as well as  bright lime green sneakers and a colorful skullcap ... so I am not quite sure how I could possibly be mistaken for a secret German mildude.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(All true.)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20191114_200219-3991x2993-1161278.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138374/tenor-906825.gif
Also, I was wearing a very visible red and white Hawaiin shirt under my Danish (not German)  LBV/pack, as well as  bright lime green sneakers and a colorful skullcap ... so I am not quite sure how I could possibly be mistaken for a secret German mildude.  
To be fair...I think the officer was quite friendly and easy going, though thrown off by why I was out there and saying "those guys are good".
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(All true.)

You and beitodesrafefefaefe are boogaloo bois with that Hawaiian shirt jamz
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(All true.)

Link Posted: 11/15/2019 12:25:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 12:32:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(All true.)

Time out. The UN has already arrived?! The leftist mention confiscation and the UN is in our backyard?! Frikkin Shotgun News was right!?!?!

Maybe time to get some ‘Merican camo...
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 12:33:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SR30 upper and 6.5 Grendel Larue complete rifle.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 2:04:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hey brother- appreciate the invite but ended up bailing on the fellas after the hike to check on Preggers McPukey Wife.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@RockHard13F

Now that you are experienced in both, the natural question is which is preferable to nurse; a Broken McLeggy wife, or a Preggers McPukey wife?

Keep in mind, there are no correct answers.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#29]
I put in for leave already.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It turns out there’s a building for the Germany Army Command for North America right by the W&OD (on Sunrise Drive) - has been there since 1991 - and those are the guys who apparently called the police on us.
View Quote
That's kinda funny they even have that.

I mean what type of assets could they possibly deploy? Aren't they using broomsticks for rifles, have zero operational subs or fighters in Germany?

Hey Germans, can you send some guys to help us out with x?

Ve can send und Jeep and three soldiers
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#32]
so now we have a german supply depot on our boogaloo shopping list?

cool, I like german gear
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Getting ready to check zero on the old thuddy thuddy deer rifle.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It turns out there’s a building for the Germany Army Command for North America right by the W&OD (on Sunrise Drive) - has been there since 1991 - and those are the guys who apparently called the police on us.
View Quote
Are they Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (OKW) or Oberkommando des Heeres (OKH)? I need to know so I know what kind of salute to give when I walk or bike past.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109690/unnamed-3_jpg-1161517.JPG
View Quote
6.5G?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
6.5G?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6.5G?
Nah, my shots will be close so I'm using the KAC .300BO with supers and my Vox can.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#43]
I love the Wendigo jokes.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Noice.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fucking perfect!!  
View Quote
we could print a few out and post them on site
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

we could print a few out and post them on site
View Quote
I would not do that...for reasons.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That's what I thought.

It turns out that at any time, there's about 1400 German troops in US and Canada for training and joint stuff, and so this is the office that coordinates all of that.  Seems wasteful and pointless, given how small the German army is now ... but I bet it's a sweet and desirable job posting in D.C., so it will probably be there forever.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It turns out there's a building for the Germany Army Command for North America right by the W&OD (on Sunrise Drive) - has been there since 1991 - and those are the guys who apparently called the police on us.

I mean what type of assets could they possibly deploy? Aren't they using broomsticks for rifles, have zero operational subs or fighters in Germany?

That's what I thought.

It turns out that at any time, there's about 1400 German troops in US and Canada for training and joint stuff, and so this is the office that coordinates all of that.  Seems wasteful and pointless, given how small the German army is now ... but I bet it's a sweet and desirable job posting in D.C., so it will probably be there forever.  
My German wife is friends with some of the wives.  Getting posted here is really lucrative for them with per diem and COLA.  If you have rental property around here, they'll pay ridiculous rent with ZFG and have a lease clause for 6-12 months of rent should they get moved on orders.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My German wife is friends with some of the wives.  Getting posted here is really lucrative for them with per diem and COLA.  If you have rental property around here, they'll pay ridiculous rent with ZFG and have a lease clause for 6-12 months of rent should they get moved on orders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It turns out there's a building for the Germany Army Command for North America right by the W&OD (on Sunrise Drive) - has been there since 1991 - and those are the guys who apparently called the police on us.

That's what I thought.

They throw A HELL of an octoberfest party out at the Dulles base every year.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They throw A HELL of an octoberfest party out at the Dulles base every year.
View Quote
Hells yeah they do, and they comp recovering Walter Reed bros with a huge block of tickets-beer, bratwurst, and blondes are great for recovery.
Page / 61
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top