Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was saving up for Magpul furniture and sights for my newest rifle build. Not any more. I'm seriously thinking of selling my Pmags as soon as I can replace them.

Link Posted: 2/24/2013 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was saving up for Magpul furniture and sights for my newest rifle build. Not any more. I'm seriously thinking of selling my Pmags as soon as I can replace them.

Hey Lancer AWM's are fucking awesome. But I have tons of pmags because you cannot beat $12 for a windowed mag.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Added:

2A Armament

Huntertown Arms

As for The Police Loophole.com, what are their standards for adding people to their website? Because looking at their list, I'm not sure they are judging using the same standards because they say Midway USA, EFI, and some others have had this stance for awhile and I think Midway's stance is new.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I just cancelled my order of PMags. I will be selling the ones I now own and also sell my Magpul furniture. Fuck those guys.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Being a new poster I know I probably don't have much clout.  However, I'd  like to recommend sending out emails or FB posts to thank those companies that are standing with "We The People".  I'm sure the companies like Armalite have received lots of negative feedback.  I would like to think the companies on "our side"  have received an equal amount of positive feedback, but that is usually NOT the case.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Being a new poster I know I probably don't have much clout.  However, I'd  like to recommend sending out emails or FB posts to thank those companies that are standing with "We The People".  I'm sure the companies like Armalite have received lots of negative feedback.  I would like to think the companies on "our side"  have received an equal amount of positive feedback, but that is usually NOT the case.

FB likes preferred.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Apparently Magpul has been selling Pmags to LEOs (including in ban states) directly before the peons can have them.

"Thank you for contacting us.  During this period of high demand, we at
Magpul are taking steps to ensure that Military and Law Enforcement
professionals that use our products in their job-related activities can
still obtain the magazines they need for on-duty use.  To meet this
need, we have set up a process for Mil/LE purchase of up to ten PMAGs
per account from our website.

In order to participate in this program, go to: Magpul Industries Ecommerce.

-  Create your login account and click the "Register” button to submit.

-  Once you receive a Membership Confirmation e-mail from [email protected]
reply directly back to it (RE: ) along with your name and unit or
agency affiliation.  Please respond using an official .mil or agency
e-mail address, or provide other official identification to verify
Military or LE status.

-  If you already have a login account at Magpul.com, please just send an e-mail to [email protected] with your name, unit or agency affiliation as outlined above, and the e-mail address you used to sign up for the account."

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-16s/39826-magpul-gen-3-pmags-leo-mil-members.html

Link Posted: 2/24/2013 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Just as long as the door-kickin gun grabbers get home safely with their quality mags, that's all that matters. Eh, Magpul??

Link Posted: 2/24/2013 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuckkkk, I thought MagPul was actually the best out there when they were leaving Colorado, I wanted a few windowed Pmags but oh well back to Metal for me
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#11]
nevermind
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Apparently the boycott is beginning to be noticed.  Just saw it mentioned on Fox.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Apparently the boycott is beginning to be noticed.  Just saw it mentioned on Fox.

It's not a boycott we're just selectively spending money only at places that uphold certain values
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Hard to believe this thing has not gained more momentum than it has.  Am I being impatient?  You would think that gun industry companies would be itching to send a message to states that are passing anti-gun laws.  It will clearly hurt their sales short term.  But as crazy as their sales have been the last year+, that should be much less of a concern for them.  If they do not support us, we as consumers need to make sure it will hurt their sales long term.  And that is what they should be most concerned about.  

Can we say that any company that does not join us is against us?  I forsee a lot of companies trying to just keep quiet on this, and not saying anything at all.  

Where are the big onlone sellers on this?  Bud's, for example?
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#15]
We've got over 73 companies on board with this... it is growing. It took more than a few days to crush the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show. Keep the pressure on the companies and more will find their way to our side.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Is the list on page 1 the official list?  There are only 33 companies on that list.  Or do we need to go to another web site to see an official (and hopefully longer) list?  Why in the heck is this not a sticky???
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is the list on page 1 the official list?  There are only 33 companies on that list.  Or do we need to go to another web site to see an official (and hopefully longer) list?  Why in the heck is this not a sticky???

http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

I've been checking here, although they don't update very often.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Before I start adding those companies I want to know how that website "judges" these company's policies. Because they are saying MIdway has had this stance for awhile. While the stance that earns them a spot on our list is a NEW policy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why in the heck is this not a sticky???

Probably because most, if not all of those siding with the gun grabbers are sponsors of this site.  That would be my guess.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Here is a list of 81 companies along with their announcements,  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AhCL6pq9UJQWdHRmbE0yVjFIcjNOYlZwY3YzZ1EwYmc&single=true&gid=0&output=html  

This is also a great article on Ugo Gussalli Beretta getting pissed off with Maryland, it really sounds like they're about to pull the plug and leave.
I think they thought we were bluffing” in the 1990s, Reh said. “But Berettas don’t bluff.”
Why expand in a place where the people who built the gun couldn’t buy it?” said Jeffrey Reh, general counsel for Beretta

http://rationalgun.blogspot.com/2013/02/there-always-seems-to-be-problem-with.html
Sorry I have no clue on how to make links hot because I am computer retarded.
Hey Ugo are welcome here, but I know you'll probably head to VA

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here is a list of 81 companies along with their announcements,  

This is also a great article on Ugo Gussalli Beretta getting pissed off with Maryland, it really sounds like they're about to pull the plug and leave.
I think they thought we were bluffing” in the 1990s, Reh said. “But Berettas don’t bluff.”
Why expand in a place where the people who built the gun couldn’t buy it?” said Jeffrey Reh, general counsel for Beretta

Link
Sorry I have no clue on how to make links hot because I am computer retarded.
Hey Ugo are welcome here, but I know you'll probably head to VA

Here ya go
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Surprised Daniel Defense hasn't gotten on board. And good on Beretta for sticking it to Md
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#23]
That's only 81 companies out of how many in the gun industry.  You've got to be kidding me.  Don't get me wrong.  I very much appreciate what these 81 are doing.  And I WILL be supporting these companies with my future purchases.  But if the big names in the industry will not support stopping their sales to states that pass restrictive gun laws, then what hope do we have to stop the antis in the long run?  And where will their sales be a few years down the road, after more states pass even more restrictive laws?  

It's even more disheartening to see the lack of gun owners on this thread.  We should all be clamoring for the Top 25 gun mfgs. to support this.  Instead, we don't have a single one on the list.  And you guys go right on buying their products.

I'd like some explanation as to why AR15 isn't at the forefront of this movement.  If they have good reason, it would be great if they could state the reasons.  If we need to get a list going on another site that everyone can check, just let us know that.  Either support it fully, or if your hands are tied due to advertisers, then sticky a suggestion that forum readers go to another site to check a list that is kept up-to-date.  I'd be happy to contact any companies you are unsure of, and clarify their intentions, if you are willing to sticky this thread, and update your list twice daily.  

The blue highlight is appreciated.  But as important as this is, not to sticky it sure seems that something is up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#25]
There are only 33 on the list here on page 1.  Big difference between 33 and 81.  And even if it is 81, it still stinks that we don't have more.   Ruger, S&W, and Mossberg/Maverick account for 25% of all US made guns sold.  Those are the sort of companies we need on board.  Along with more of the Top 25.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
AR15.com

Add them, they are fighting for NYers 2A rights.

I was making this list for those who are refusing to sell to ban states, but if you want...

You need to add Magpul  

LOL no, they sell to ban state Gov. all day long.

The Magpul fanboys will just grumble and keep their mags and still buy them. Hypocrisy is fine I guess if you like the product.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#28]
How many people post regularly on this site?  And how many of those have either called or emailed some of these businesses and asked them if they are going to stop sales to New York?  This thread should be 20 pages long, not 5 pages.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The thepoliceloophole.com site is where the 81 - now 85 - comes from.

And how many people know about thepoliceloophole.com website?  Very few people % wise are going to see that site.  AR15.com should be a leader here.  Or at the very least, if they feel their hands are tied, they should be very conspiciuously letting forum members know where they can look for information.  I feel like it's a huge issue that is almost buried on the site.  Meaning they are doing a disservice to gun owners, instead of helping.

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The thepoliceloophole.com site is where the 81 - now 85 - comes from.

Up to 87 now.

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I see that Rock River Arms has joined.  That's good news.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 4:04:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Before I ruin our list by adding wrong people in, can anyone find the standards that website uses to add people to the list?

They have PWS on their list,and they DO NOT fit by out standards-----They have the same stance as Armalite.
We will not support agencies that wish to weaken or destroy the rights we are granted from the 2nd Amendment, but we will do everything we can to support the ones that will stand and fight with us to ensure our freedoms remain. THAT is the stance of PWS.

Nor does Rock River Arms, their statement only says they are suspending shipments to NY until they can figure out what exactly the NY SAFE act does.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 5:47:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The answer is yes, our Distributors are allowed to sell to LEOs in ban states.  Our founder has also said regarding LEO restrictions, "We have not considered such a move as we are not convinced that this tactic will have any effect on those in power (they will just buy Israeli or some other generic parts).  It also adversely punishes street cops, local sheriffs and individual military members for the actions of those in power.  The last thing we want to do is hurt those who support our cause."

So, we see that we can support Law Enforcement and Military members while standing up for our convictions and will continue to do everything in our power to protect our inherent rights.

Keep in mind this is pretty much exactly what Armalite said and people are trying to crucify them. I imagine almost all the big manufacturers will have the same policy.

Lets see how people react now

What the fuck? Since when was I, as active duty, allowed to purchase 30 rounders in NY on my own dime?!?!

Edit: I also wonder where AmChar stands. They're based in Rochester NY and they sell to something like 85% of NY police departments.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Before I ruin our list by adding wrong people in, can anyone find the standards that website uses to add people to the list?

They have PWS on their list,and they DO NOT fit by out standards-----They have the same stance as Armalite.
We will not support agencies that wish to weaken or destroy the rights we are granted from the 2nd Amendment, but we will do everything we can to support the ones that will stand and fight with us to ensure our freedoms remain. THAT is the stance of PWS.

Nor does Rock River Arms, their statement only says they are suspending shipments to NY until they can figure out what exactly the NY SAFE act does.

If you can state what the standard is for the list here, I will be glad to call any companies in question and ask them directly.  I can even ask them to email both of us with their statement.  So we have it in writing.  Or get a link to their website statement or Facebook page statement.

Link Posted: 2/26/2013 6:07:06 AM EDT
[#35]
The standard is:

Apply any restrictions placed upon civilians, to all who reside in the state. Applying these laws to state and local agencies, and their agents. No exemptions for anyone. (Obviously still selling to military)
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to add Magpul  

LOL no, they sell to ban state Gov. all day long.

The Magpul fanboys will just grumble and keep their mags and still buy them. Hypocrisy is fine I guess if you like the product.
They have shareholders they have to answer to,

They better get their principles in line then. Government contracts come and go, but the gun owning public doesn't forget. Ask Zumbo, Tsai, Ruger and Smith and Wesson if people forget easily.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2013 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#38]
This thread should have been made a sticky by now.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The answer is yes, our Distributors are allowed to sell to LEOs in ban states.  Our founder has also said regarding LEO restrictions, "We have not considered such a move as we are not convinced that this tactic will have any effect on those in power (they will just buy Israeli or some other generic parts).  It also adversely punishes street cops, local sheriffs and individual military members for the actions of those in power.  The last thing we want to do is hurt those who support our cause."

So, we see that we can support Law Enforcement and Military members while standing up for our convictions and will continue to do everything in our power to protect our inherent rights.

Those that enforce unconstitutional laws do not need your support. If you give them yours I am afraid you no longer have mine.

The fact that you would sell your product to those that would arrest otherwise law abiding people for possessing your product is disappointing in the extreme. Please reconsider.

This in spades.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#40]
And to think I sent notes to my SC reps and my Governor asking them to pursue your business....
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a statement out there where they said they are moving whether there is a manufacturing clause or not.
Richard Fitzpatrick, Founder, President, and CEO of Magpul Industries, said that regardless of any amendments that may be worked into the bill, he will no longer be able to continue to do business in Colorado if his core product is made illegal.

"Our company could not, in good conscience, continue to manufacture our products in a state where law-abiding citizens are prohibited from purchasing and owning them. ”
Have they and do they continue to sell and allow their distributors to sell to LEOs and departments in ban states? Yes or no. It's simple really.

ETA: Standard capacity Pmags are also banned for civilians in Denver and have been for years.

If they were doing everything they could to protect our inherent rights they would be looking for employment elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Beretta Might be in Play!

Washinton Post

Now Beretta is weighing whether the rifle line, and perhaps the company itself, should stay in a place increasingly hostile toward its products. Its iconic 9mm pistol — carried by every U.S. soldier and scores of police departments — would also be banned with its high capacity, 13-bullet magazine.

Edit to fix Hotlink
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#43]
I know we will not get all of the large companies to join up on cutting of LEO in restricted states, but what if we could get them to take the approach Silencerco is taking to force the CLEO to sign a document that states and supports the benefits of the device (in their case, suppressors) for all citizens?

Here is the thread regarding Silencerco - over here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Washinton Post

Now Beretta is weighing whether the rifle line, and perhaps the company itself, should stay in a place increasingly hostile toward its products. Its iconic 9mm pistol — carried by every U.S. soldier and scores of police departments — would also be banned with its high capacity, 13-bullet magazine.

link not working
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Up to 93 companies now.  http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Washinton Post

link not working

Fixed
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#48]
So which is the better show of support for our gun rights... threatening to move out of state if stricter laws are passed, or agreeing to place restrictions on LE sales in those states?
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#49]
I don't see Beretta on this list either.  But don't you think the statement they are making is just as important as any of the other companies that are on the list?  Maybe we need to expand the standard just a little.  Or at the least, we need to make sure that just because a company is not on this list, it does not mean they are not seriously supporting our 2A rights.

Can we get a sticky on this thread??
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#50]
http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top