Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Japanese Empire --> While conquering the Pacific, murdered innocent people when the opportunity presented itself after winning or losing strategic battles - examples are Nanjing and Bataan

SS wing of the Third Reich --> Went out of their way to murder innocent people outside of army operations - created an entire culture of ethnic cleansing and systematic mass murder - sole purpose to commit mass murder on unarmed civilians

That's why the SS symbol still matters and nobody gives a shit about the Rising Sun - the Japanese were just a fucked up enemy to fight and showed no quarter to civilians and soldiers alike during the scope of their military operations.

The SS (though they did have combat unit wings) existed for the sole purpose of seeking out innocent people to murder them systematically - to wipe an ethnicity from the face of the planet. This, outside of military operations.

That's the difference.

Your a tad wrong on your facts.  The japs committed perhaps worse or at least the same level of atrocities as the germans did.  Do some reading on the Units the japs had set up in china.....namely Unit 731.  The reason the Germans are remembered is because the way the history books are written.
View Quote

Yes and no. The Army and Navy knew about cannibalism for instance, but kept it classified, to spare the families the details of their loved ones demise. My grandpa was a medevac pilot in the pacific, he was involved in taking POWs back from mainland Japan after the war as well (in fact he was the 2nd plane in to tokyo to evac POWs) He had in his scrapbook, a 2 paragraph backpage article from 1946 or 47 about the executions of war criminals for cannibalism and other things, but thats all that was written about it, the bare minimum.

The nazis are in history the way they are because of the industrial scale and organization of their genocide. They fully documented what they did and they had it down to a science. Jap atrocities were generally not organized, they were conducted in lieu of any official policy at the unit level. It was disorganized but widespread and they killed just about as many people. Whats horrifiying about that it that it was not centrally run, there was no plan, the japs were just raping and murdering willy nilly, unit 731 aside
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#3]

nazi tramp stamps are so edgy!
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://www.googlepixel.com/images/naziskullbabe.jpg

View Quote

Crikey you know pants are tight when a scrawny thing like her looks like she's got a muffin top ...
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
<Removed. Don't make those accusations unless you have proof. -NorCal>
View Quote

That's a pretty bold claim.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Smith Enterprises: If you're reading this and give a turd, PM me. I will re-do your logo so it doesn't look like you celebrate Hitler's entire catalogue.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yes and no. The Army and Navy knew about cannibalism for instance, but kept it classified, to spare the families the details of their loved ones demise. My grandpa was a medevac pilot in the pacific, he was involved in taking POWs back from mainland Japan after the war as well (in fact he was the 2nd plane in to tokyo to evac POWs) He had in his scrapbook, a 2 paragraph backpage article from 1946 or 47 about the executions of war criminals for cannibalism and other things, but thats all that was written about it, the bare minimum.

The nazis are in history the way they are because of the industrial scale and organization of their genocide. They fully documented what they did and they had it down to a science. Jap atrocities were generally not organized, they were conducted in lieu of any official policy at the unit level. It was disorganized but widespread and they killed just about as many people. Whats horrifiying about that it that it was not centrally run, there was no plan, the japs were just raping and murdering willy nilly, unit 731 aside

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Japanese Empire --> While conquering the Pacific, murdered innocent people when the opportunity presented itself after winning or losing strategic battles - examples are Nanjing and Bataan

SS wing of the Third Reich --> Went out of their way to murder innocent people outside of army operations - created an entire culture of ethnic cleansing and systematic mass murder - sole purpose to commit mass murder on unarmed civilians

That's why the SS symbol still matters and nobody gives a shit about the Rising Sun - the Japanese were just a fucked up enemy to fight and showed no quarter to civilians and soldiers alike during the scope of their military operations.

The SS (though they did have combat unit wings) existed for the sole purpose of seeking out innocent people to murder them systematically - to wipe an ethnicity from the face of the planet. This, outside of military operations.

That's the difference.

Your a tad wrong on your facts.  The japs committed perhaps worse or at least the same level of atrocities as the germans did.  Do some reading on the Units the japs had set up in china.....namely Unit 731.  The reason the Germans are remembered is because the way the history books are written.

This is what I'm talking about - I'm not suggesting that the Japs weren't as evil, or didn't commit horrible atrocities, but the scale and manners in which they were carried out (compared the the Nazis) is exactly my point.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Apparently this new skull logo is 7 months old.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Your a tad wrong on your facts.  The japs committed perhaps worse or at least the same level of attrocities as the germans did.  Do some reading on the Units the japs had set up in china.....namely Unit 731.  The reason the Germans are remembered is because the way the history books are written.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.
Pantie binding over it really makes me wonder WTF.

Wow...

I just don't care what a company that I have nothing to do with does.
I had family killed by Nazi's and the Japanese in WWII. My Uncle was beheaded on the Bataan Death March while his brother (my Grandfather's other brother) witnessed it.  
I'm not offended when I see the rising sun every morning.
If Smith wants to use that logo for their company, fine with me I'm not buying anything from them anyway.
Have fun, I have more important issues to worry about.

There's a reason people aren't upset by the Rising Sun symbol...
That's the difference.

Your a tad wrong on your facts.  The japs committed perhaps worse or at least the same level of attrocities as the germans did.  Do some reading on the Units the japs had set up in china.....namely Unit 731.  The reason the Germans are remembered is because the way the history books are written.

I think you're missing my point...

Brutallity wise the Japs were right up there with the Germans (some cases worse). Scale wise? Not even close.

Yes, I'm well aware of the Nanjing massacre and Unit 731, but when you compare the scale of the Jap atrocities to the Germans, it's unparalleled.

The scale of Nazi atrocities, and more importantly the sophistication and organization of their atrocities is why history remembers them as the greater evil of the two.

That's my point.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't know anything about Nazi emblems, so at first I thought "looks stupid to me but whatever."  Then I continued reading the thread and was like .  If I were Smith Enterprises, I would toss them all in the shredder, apologize as an inadvertent error, and move on.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#13]
instead they are decorating their booth with them,
they really need an intervention before the Brady's get wind.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Ron Smith doesn't care, the man's ego is enormous due to the rabid M14 fanbase that lines up to suck his dick.  

If you're the type of person who has invested over $5k into an obsolete weapon with no resale value, you are totally committed to the cause and the cult leader.  The big spenders will keep handing him money as long as he keeps providing and he knows it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Crikey you know pants are tight when a scrawny thing like her looks like she's got a muffin top ...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.googlepixel.com/images/naziskullbabe.jpg

That was the exact thought that passed through my mind. Get out of my head please.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Brutallity wise the Japs were right up there with the Germans (some cases worse). Scale wise? Not even close.

Yes, I'm well aware of the Nanjing massacre and Unit 731, but when you compare the scale of the Jap atrocities to the Germans, it's unparalleled.

The scale of Nazi atrocities, and more importantly the sophistication and organization of their atrocities is why history remembers them as the greater evil of the two.

That's my point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's my point.

Someone said this thread would expose 88ers, but in truth it has exposed historical revisionist. The Japanese nationalist, like the German nationalist thought of themselves a superior race. Thus that wanted to wipe out what they felt was the inferior race of Chinese and SE Asians.

Crimes[edit]
The Japanese military during the 1930s and 1940s is often compared to the military of Nazi Germany during 1933–45 because of the sheer scale of suffering. Much of the controversy regarding Japan's role in World War II revolves around the death rates of prisoners of war and civilians under Japanese occupation. Historian Chalmers Johnson has written that:

It may be pointless to try to establish which World War Two Axis aggressor, Germany or Japan, was the more brutal to the peoples it victimised. The Germans killed six million Jews and 20 million Russians (i.e. Soviet citizens); the Japanese slaughtered as many as 30 million Filipinos, Malays, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Indonesians and Burmese, at least 23 million of them ethnic Chinese. Both nations looted the countries they conquered on a monumental scale, though Japan plundered more, over a longer period, than the Nazis. Both conquerors enslaved millions and exploited them as forced labourers—and, in the case of the Japanese, as (forced) prostitutes for front-line troops. If you were a Nazi prisoner of war from Britain, America, Australia, New Zealand or Canada (but not the Soviet Union) you faced a 4% chance of not surviving the war; (by comparison) the death rate for Allied POWs held by the Japanese was nearly 30%.[35]

If your suffering from indignant outrage over this symbol ask yourself why? Why this and not the Rising Sun on t-shirts? Why this and not the Hammer and Sickle on you cheap ammo boxes? Why this and not the Confederatet flag?
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If your suffering from indignant outrage over this symbol ask yourself why? Why this and not the Rising Sun on t-shirts? Why this and not the Hammer and Sickle on you cheap ammo boxes? Why this and not the Confederatet flag?
View Quote

I'm not outraged, at all, but I won't purchase tshirts with a rising sun, hammer and sickle, or to a lesser extent, the confederate flag.
If you want to, go for it, it's your right. It's also my right to point and laugh, and call you a raging douche.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Someone said this thread would expose 88ers, but in truth it has exposed historical revisionist. The Japanese nationalist, like the German nationalist thought of themselves a superior race. Thus that wanted to wipe out what they felt was the inferior race of Chinese and SE Asians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my point.

Is now a bad time to point out that Stalin's regime killed two times as many people (or maybe even more) as the Nazis in Russia's own death camps (Gulags), through various mass executions, purges, the starving of the Ukraine, etc?  Depending on which source you look to, Stalin ordered the murder of somewhere between 20 million and 60 million of his own people.

I wonder if we never hear about this because the Democratic party that now controls a great deal of our media and schools was friends with Stalin during his rampage of mass murder, and still to this day wants to set up a similar Communist paradise here in the US?

ETA: Oh by the way, a couple of East European countries that were formerly happy members of the glorious Soviet Union have actually banned the use of the red star marking.  It seems they see it as being quite similar to a swastika or an SS death's head and figure that only an idiot or a hatemonger would want to use such a symbol...
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Outrage or not, there is no debating that they purposely chose that particular image.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm not outraged, at all, but I won't purchase tshirts with a rising sun, hammer and sickle, or to a lesser extent, the confederate flag.
If you want to, go for it, it's your right. It's also my right to point and laugh, and call you a raging douche.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do feel the need to call me or anyone a raging douche? Look at it, using your internal voice say "I wouldn't do that" and move on with your day.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Playing the "who was the bigger asshole in WW2" game doesn't change the fact that the SS and the Germans are very high up on the list.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#25]
What a horrible decision.

There is simply no question where that TK originates.

And leave it to GD to get in to the whole "who was worse" argument.  How the heck is that even relevant?

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why do feel the need to call me or anyone a raging douche? Look at it, using your internal voice say "I wouldn't do that" and move on with your day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By wearing one of those shirts, you're making some kind of idiotic passive aggressive statement.

you have a right to make a statement with a shirt, and  I have the right to use my mouth, or a different shirt, or a sign, or a thread on a message board, or a full page newspaper ad, or anyway I damn well please.

Why should you get to wear a shirt making a statement for all to see, but I have to use my "internal voice".
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

By wearing one of those shirts, you're making some kind of idiotic passive aggressive statement.

you have a right to make a statement with a shirt, and  I have the right to use my mouth, or a different shirt, or a sign, or a thread on a message board, or a full page newspaper ad, or anyway I damn well please.

Why should you get to wear a shirt making a statement for all to see, but I have to use my "internal voice".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because reasons. 88 reasons to be exact.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ron Smith doesn't care, the man's ego is enormous due to the rabid M14 fanbase that lines up to suck his dick.  

If you're the type of person who has invested over $5k into an obsolete weapon with no resale value, you are totally committed to the cause and the cult leader.  The big spenders will keep handing him money as long as he keeps providing and he knows it.
View Quote

I own a smith Enterprise built rifle, and I truly do think that it is a world class system... and I also think this is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen a company do.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Playing the "who was the bigger asshole in WW2" game doesn't change the fact that the SS and the Germans are very high up on the list.
View Quote

Top...the SS were the top of that list.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think unit 731 is very close.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even more reason to be publicly shamed. It's a powerful tool, shame, and it should be used more often.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my point.

Crimes[edit]
The Japanese military during the 1930s and 1940s is often compared to the military of Nazi Germany during 1933–45 because of the sheer scale of suffering. Much of the controversy regarding Japan's role in World War II revolves around the death rates of prisoners of war and civilians under Japanese occupation. Historian Chalmers Johnson has written that:

It may be pointless to try to establish which World War Two Axis aggressor, Germany or Japan, was the more brutal to the peoples it victimised. The Germans killed six million Jews and 20 million Russians (i.e. Soviet citizens); the Japanese slaughtered as many as 30 million Filipinos, Malays, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Indonesians and Burmese, at least 23 million of them ethnic Chinese. Both nations looted the countries they conquered on a monumental scale, though Japan plundered more, over a longer period, than the Nazis. Both conquerors enslaved millions and exploited them as forced labourers—and, in the case of the Japanese, as (forced) prostitutes for front-line troops. If you were a Nazi prisoner of war from Britain, America, Australia, New Zealand or Canada (but not the Soviet Union) you faced a 4% chance of not surviving the war; (by comparison) the death rate for Allied POWs held by the Japanese was nearly 30%.[35]

You want the answer?

It's because the Germans look like us. We overlooked what the Japanese did because it was easy to say "Well they aren't anything like us, of course they would do shit like that!" Not so for the Germans, especially when many people in the US, and those who fought for the US, can easily trace back their ancestry there. (myself included)

Why do you think it was more acceptable to round up all of the Japanese Americans during the war and put them in camps of their own, but not Germans? Same reason.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#33]
As if SEI didn't prove stupid enough with their over the top lawsuit, now they use SS symbology in their logo?  Retards.  They'll probably sue me for this.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#34]
So when are they going to have armbands with the new logo in their apparel section?
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's fascinating to me how some people seem to be drawn to ANY thread that is remotely related to nazi Germany, in order to point out how bad the Soviets and Japanese were (and to persistently argue the point).

View Quote

Yeah, pretty weird to deflect from what the Nazi's did with what others did. It's like a kid in a school yard who justifies beating people up because he's not the only one doing it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Even more reason to be publicly shamed. It's a powerful tool, shame, and it should be used more often.
View Quote

I find no shame in not letting a cartoon skeleton or any other inanimate object offend me.

Let me check the news to see if this logo caused GD to overun our embassies in Europe.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's fascinating to me how some people seem to be drawn to ANY thread that is remotely related to nazi Germany, in order to point out how bad the Soviets and Japanese were (and to persistently argue the point).

View Quote

Use your internal voice prof.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Japanese had one Unit 731.

The Nazis had 1,500 Unit 731s (other sources site up to 15,000 camps).

As far as that list goes (who's the bigger ass), the SS own it.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I find no shame in not letting a cartoon skeleton or any other inanimate object offend me.

Let me check the news to see if this logo caused GD to overun our embassies in Europe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Another one.

This thread is like a honey trap for 88ers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To offend me you would have to talk smack about my SO/family members.

Some of you are as bad as the butt sensitive libtards.

Another one.

This thread is like a honey trap for 88ers.

^^^Another emotionally undeveloped and indignant huffer who failed to do his homework.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To offend me you would have to talk smack about my SO/family members.

Some of you are as bad as the butt sensitive libtards.

Hmm, men wearing those symbols butchered 68 innocent Italian villagers because those people hid my Grandfather after he was shot down.  Is that close enough?  Do I have your permission to be furious now?

My family is Polish. I will never forget, but I can't afford to waste emotional energy on the past. Poor taste on the part of SEI, but that's their problem.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Pretty much this.  The market will decide if this idea for a logo was good, bad, or indifferent.

I am enjoying the posts by people who are trying very hard to show that they are anti-politically correct zealots and that the rest of you are just a bunch of liberal hippies.

Quoted:
It might bother you, it might not. Even so, although I'm not in marketing I'm pretty sure one of their top ten suggestions is to never make your company look like literal Nazis, and i think most of us can agree this is a good idea.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Yup.  I know a guy that specializes in this kind of legal defense.  PM me for his number.

Quoted:

Oh, you're soooo gonna get sued now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SMITH MUZZLE DEVICES
http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/german/einsatzgruppen/esg/images2/g61.jpg
ELIMINATE MUZZLE CLIMB AND FLASH
AS WELL AS UNTERMENSCHEN

Oh, you're soooo gonna get sued now.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone get served yet?
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

its like 6.8 and 6.5 guys in a 300 BLK thread.. friggen crazy..
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Those snipers?

I don't think you understand how long they have been using the "SS" symbol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just curious, is this the same website that got pissed at the Media freaking out about the Marine Scout Sniper logo?

Those snipers were trolling like douchebags.

Those snipers?

I don't think you understand how long they have been using the "SS" symbol.

Because they couldn't have been trolling for decades....

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You win the internet retort of the day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs a catchphrase like "Smith Enterprises - The Final Solution."

I Wannsee what you did there

You win the internet retort of the day.

Thank you
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:Why do you think it was more acceptable to round up all of the Japanese Americans during the war and put them in camps of their own, but not Germans? Same reason.
View Quote

We put german americans in camps too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The Scout Snipers were using the SS as early as 1993.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just curious, is this the same website that got pissed at the Media freaking out about the Marine Scout Sniper logo?

There's pretty big difference between two letters in the same style and a DIRECT FUCKING COPY of the logo.

Especially when the company itself admits that Mr. Ron Smith himself loves it and appropriated it for himself.

The Scout Sniper thing is another fuck up.

Did they REALLY think they weren't going to get a shit storm for using that as a symbol of their unit? It doesn't matter if it's not exactly identical - its pretty fucking close - close enough.

The Scout Snipers were using the SS as early as 1993.
Earlier. I saw it in 89.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#50]
What's up with all the people comparing this to rising sun shirts or hammer and sickles on your ammo box?

The major difference here isn't that some d-bag decided to wear this out clubbing so he looked edgy, he made this his COMPANY LOGO.

Do I feel all butthurt over the logo personally? Nope. My family didn't get gassed and cremated, and my Grandad fought the japs and never set a foot in Europe. But- I will say that using that symbol in the context of what it became during the last great war is the epitome of poor taste.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top