BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our budget for 2023 is almost 6 trillion dollars.

113 billion equates to about 6 days of taxation over the year.

At least half of that 113 billion is realized in old military equipment.

Of that 6 trillion, the majority goes to absolute bullshit. Welfare, fiscally irresponsible horseshit, spending buckets with literally zero return.

I'm still fine with this portion of our budget going to the decimation of Russia's military and to their humiliation on the global stage.

We all already know the government is ridiculously wasteful with our tax dollars. Let's not make believe the money would be spent in our best interest elsewhere. You all know it would go to transgender basket weaving classes in Pakistan or some other shit.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:33:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Uke bros are the people Eisenhower warned us about.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Uke bros are the people Eisenhower warned us about.
View Quote

And Russians are the people Patton warned us about.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

China absolutely is and we're destroying their biggest ally.

Going to be hard for China to run its economic engine on Russian crude when Russia is increasingly incapable of producing it as they're forced to sink more and more men and financial resources into their quagmire, isn't it?
View Quote

This is such a waste of my time. But not entirely useless. We have established the Uke crowd thinks all of my labor should go to support the pensions of someone in Ukraine. Glad I could help.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

70k posts so I’m going to assume you know how to multi quote.

I was asking him to provide me the link of info of “them” printing money to give to Ukraine.

But you already knew that.
View Quote

Who fucking likes quote trees?

All of this is "printed money." Essentially, its all borrowed as we've past 100% debt to income awhile back as a government.

Ukraine is another non-trivial cost to the taxpayer. That cost is either borne by supplemental borrowing (i.e. printing money) or by reprogramming money from other parts of the discretionary budget and probably a combination of both.

And we're supporting Ukraine to the hilt, now, regardless of how we got here and we are going to be here for awhile. The rest of the world's support to Ukraine isn't half of what the USG has coughed up. And, we don't really have a good idea of how we are getting out.

I think its impossible to just turn off the tap. But we need a way out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And Russians are the people Patton warned us about.
View Quote

I’ve always agreed with Patton on that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is such a waste of my time. But not entirely useless. We have established the Uke crowd thinks all of my labor should go to support the pensions of someone in Ukraine. Glad I could help.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going to be hard for China to run its economic engine on Russian crude when Russia is increasingly incapable of producing it as they're forced to sink more and more men and financial resources into their quagmire, isn't it?

We did?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We did?
View Quote

Sure did. You said $50 of my labor should pay pensions. No reason the rest can’t either. To you, Ukrainians are worth more than Americans. That’s is clear as day.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You actually asked two questions.

I chose to answer one and ignore the other since I’m not really debating whether or not inflation is a “hidden tax” since it’s irrelevant and can’t be really proven either way.
View Quote

Well, I'd submit that the fact that inflation is a hidden tax isn't really up for serious debate. Its a hidden tax.

I know everyone wants to think that we are just rolling to the back forty of Fort Swampy and finding the military equivalent of Jed Clampett's truck to send to Ukraine, but that's not reality.

Our efforts in Ukraine are at the expense of other priorities.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except, we've seen no real sign of the Russian economic engine running off the rails. We were told that the Russians could only run their wells without Western aid for a matter of months. Except, that was a year ago.

If anything, this entire thing is a huge boon to China, nearly in everyway, and increasingly the sanctions regimes are only demonstrating that economic life goes on.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:41:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We did?
View Quote

Wait, he works?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sure did. You said $50 of my labor should pay pensions. No reason the rest can’t either. To you, Ukrainians are worth more than Americans. That’s is clear as day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did?

Sure there is. That much isn't necessary. Apparently only $50 is.

And yes, I said and have no problem repeating, that Ukrainians fighting for their freedom are worth many times more than welfare leach Americans.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:42:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

A guy who has the screen name “flynavy75” thinks all of his labor is only 50$?

Well, okay
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Tucker, that's not my concern."
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:42:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sure there is. That much isn't necessary. Apparently only $50 is.

And yes, I said and have no problem repeating, that Ukrainians fighting for their freedom are with many times more than welfare leach Americans.
View Quote

It’s been fun but I gotta get up early for work. Someone has to pay for those Ukrainian pensions. Off to the field, massa, I work real hard for you boss.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:43:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"Tucker, that's not my concern."
View Quote

That’s for sure.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:44:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Except, we've seen no real sign of the Russian economic engine running off the rails. We were told that the Russians could only run their wells without Western aid for a matter of months. Except, that was a year ago.

If anything, this entire thing is a huge boon to China, nearly in everyway, and increasingly the sanctions regimes are only demonstrating that economic life goes on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ruble stronk!

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

No real sign? https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=RUB&to=USD
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:50:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Our budget for 2023 is almost 6 trillion dollars.

113 billion equates to about 6 days of taxation over the year.

At least half of that 113 billion is realized in old military equipment.

Of that 6 trillion, the majority goes to absolute bullshit. Welfare, fiscally irresponsible horseshit, spending buckets with literally zero return.

I'm still fine with this portion of our budget going to the decimation of Russia's military and to their humiliation on the global stage.

We all already know the government is ridiculously wasteful with our tax dollars. Let's not make believe the money would be spent in our best interest elsewhere. You all know it would go to transgender basket weaving classes in Pakistan or some other shit.

View Quote

Ah, the old “the govt’t is wasting billions on other stupid shit, so why not waste billions on my stupid pet project?” argument.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We've seen *ample* evidence of the Russian economic engine running of the rails. Have you not been paying attention to the value of the ruble against foreign currencies, particularly the dollar? Have you not noticed that Russia is exporting less oil and even in the face of rising oil prices worldwide is making less revenue on its oil exports? Even the Russian media is pointing out their government deficit growing larger by the day (something we unfortunately have in common with them).

The boon to China is that the Russian's stupidity is taking a potential rival off the world stage which allows them to focus more on their own colonial expansionist aims.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And you don't think $900 is a cheap price to absolutely destroy the Russian military?
View Quote

With how shitty the Russian military has proved to be, we shouldn't have lifted a finger.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:53:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And where has the EU been in all that time?
They’ve seen the threat, knew it was coming and had at least 20 years to prepare, but as always it falls on Uncle Sugar and by extension the American tax payer to foot the bill.
With the exception of Poland none of the European countries have done a darn thing to prepare, and that includes Ukraine, who above all others should have been ready.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they've been attacking their neighbors and annexing chunks for two decades. It's pretty clear they won't stop until they've rebuilt Russia to the USSR's former size. They're pretty open about it.

This is the cheap way of dealing with them, because they won't stop and eventually will end up causing a bigger mess and more expensive price.

And where has the EU been in all that time?
They’ve seen the threat, knew it was coming and had at least 20 years to prepare, but as always it falls on Uncle Sugar and by extension the American tax payer to foot the bill.
With the exception of Poland none of the European countries have done a darn thing to prepare, and that includes Ukraine, who above all others should have been ready.

There is a chart that shows that Estonia is giving 3% of their GDP to Ukraine.  They also gave their teachers and first responders double digit raises.  But they are the 3%.  I think we are supposed to get misty eyed about that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes

Quoted:

Ruble stronk!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3JbEr0bkAA-4BO?format=png&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3LVQ2BasAA2I59?format=png&name=small

This is propaganda

The ruble:USD rate was lower in 2022 when compared against all currencies

You are changing the subject again from American households being $900 poorer due to Ukraine
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This is propaganda

You are changing the subject again from American households being $900 poorer due to Ukraine
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ruble stronk!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3JbEr0bkAA-4BO?format=png&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3LVQ2BasAA2I59?format=png&name=small

This is propaganda

Anti-Russian propaganda from a Russian source?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Joey is asking for $13 billion more. From today:

US Aid to Ukraine Amounts to $900 Per American Household

Congressionally approved aid for Ukraine has cost each U.S. household hundreds of dollars, Heritage Foundation budget expert Richard Stern says.

The formal aid packages alone amount to a staggering $113 billion—roughly $900 per American household and almost 12 times the spending cuts promised by House leadership in the annual spending bills,” Stern, director of The Heritage Foundation’s Grover M. Hermann Center for the Federal Budget, said in an email to The Daily Signal, Heritage’s news outlet.

“As with all new federal spending,” Stern added, “this $113 billion spending spree was added to our national debt and will cost more than $300 in interest costs per household over the decade. Of course, we’ve given more aid than that, but haven’t paid the bill on it yet.”

Congress already has greenlighted over $113 billion in “aid and military assistance to support the Ukrainian government and allied nations” since Russian President Vladimir Putin invaded Ukraine in February 2022, according to the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

“As the war in Ukraine becomes a prolonged conflict, Americans are rightly growing skeptical of sending more taxpayer dollars and equipment from our depleted armory,” Heritage Foundation President Kevin Roberts told The Daily Signal in a written statement.

“Washington has failed to address their concerns, explain our nation’s strategy in the war, or enact basic oversight for our aid,” Roberts said. “If Congress can’t fix those fundamental issues, they have no business sending more money into the fog of war.”

View Quote

Completely false! Over 50% of Americans don’t pay any federal taxes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:59:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There is a chart that shows that Estonia is giving 3% of their GDP to Ukraine.  They also gave their teachers and first responders double digit raises.  But they are the 3%.  I think we are supposed to get misty eyed about that.
View Quote
So what is 3% of the GDP of Estonia?   Is that more than $900?

Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This is propaganda

View Quote

You know we can look at a chart, right?

It was lower for a short time when the ruble crashed in February 2022.     It is now currently weaker than at any time prior to that and quickly approaching even that low.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:00:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Buddy, just look at the chart that the other propagandist posted

2022 was 28% lower

This is embarrassing for you

Try to stay on topic, Americans are $900 poorer due to Ukraine
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:03:07 AM EDT
[#30]
How much per taxpayer?
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You know we can look at a chart, right?

It was lower for a short time when the ruble crashed in February 2022.     It is now currently weaker than at any time prior to that and quickly approaching even that low.
View Quote
So Putin is going to surrender (or shoot himself in the head) in how long?
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:05:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

2022 was 28% lower

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2022 was 28% lower

Only the ones that pay taxes. Not the ones you want to send EBT unfettered benefits to.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So Putin is going to surrender (or shoot himself in the head) in how long?
View Quote

Ask the guy I was responding to.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We've seen *ample* evidence of the Russian economic engine running of the rails. Have you not been paying attention to the value of the ruble against foreign currencies, particularly the dollar? Have you not noticed that Russia is exporting less oil and even in the face of rising oil prices worldwide is making less revenue on its oil exports? Even the Russian media is pointing out their government deficit growing larger by the day (something we unfortunately have in common with them).

The boon to China is that the Russian's stupidity is taking a potential rival off the world stage which allows them to focus more on their own colonial expansionist aims.
View Quote

For all of the effort to cripple Russia economically, its economy is still growing faster than than the UK and Germany, so I don't know how many more policy screwdrivers there are to turn, there. The oil price cap is working better than I thought it would, so there are success stories.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

2022 was 28% lower

View Quote

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/currencies/russia-economy-putin-gdp-forecast-ukraine-war-western-sanctions-oil-2023-4?op=1
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:23:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
75% of the number of individuals who have incorrectly been factored as sharing the cost will never pay anything. Now redo that math.
View Quote
They'll still pay for it as inflation.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:44:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Huh, at a rough estimate…

If we conservatively have sent 100 Billion to the Ukraine in aid, ammo, and funds to kill roughy 250,000 Russian soldiers, that works out to about $400,000 per dead.

Not really that much of a bargain, is it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:46:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
@fadedsun how much is too much to pay?

What would you do if someone told you to fight for freedom?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
@fadedsun how much is too much to pay?

What would you do if someone told you to fight for freedom?

Fight, simple as that.

Quoted:
Would you answer the call or run away like a little pussy?

See above

Quoted:
Cause the only reason that you're here is 'cause folks died for you in the past.

Agreed.

Quoted:
So maybe now it's your turn to die kicking some ass.Freedom isn't free. It costs folks like you and me, and if we don't all chip in, we'll never pay that bill. Freedom isn't free, no, there's a hefty fuckin' fee, and if you don't throw in your buck 'o five, who will?

Send me a set of orders

How much should we pay to avoid another world war? Some deficit spending is okay apparently.

I still have about 8 years until I plan on retiring from the mil at the ripe old age of 45 and going back to my little ranch and doing nothing but fishing, raising goats, and working on old cars for the rest of my life

Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:46:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

We're all going to die, nuclear holocaust seems pretty quick and painless.  $9000 is going to bankrupt you?  You've got way bigger problems than Russia and Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we keep pushing Russia you might find yourself in danger. So now you want to spend $9000 of my paycheck. This is great, I'm gonna be bankrupt in about ten minutes at this pace.

"Conservatives" here sure do love reaching their hands in my wallet to kill muh orcs.

We're all going to die, nuclear holocaust seems pretty quick and painless.  $9000 is going to bankrupt you?  You've got way bigger problems than Russia and Ukraine.
I only make about $45,000. I have a wife and two kids.
Forcing me to pay an additional $9000 would destroy my family's finances.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:52:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

How is a nuclear armed version of Somalia in the interest of the US?
View Quote

I dislike Russia as much as the next guy, but I’ll never understand how anyone could think that a decimated, but still nuclear armed Russia equates to a safer world. Same for a weakened Russia that essentially becomes a vassal state of China.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:00:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

We did?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did?
There sure doesn't seem to be any limiting principle amongst the Establishmentarians such as yourself.
Heck, someone in here already said all Americans should be forced to pay $9000/yr additional in taxes... for the war effort.
Then argued, that if that if an additional $9000 tax hurts you... you have bigger problems than the tax.

So Establishmentarians are literally saying, we should be taxing people further into poverty, IN ADDITION to the massive inflation,... and then poor-shame them if it hurts them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:03:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I dislike Russia as much as the next guy, but I’ll never understand how anyone could think that a decimated, but still nuclear armed Russia equates to a safer world. Same for a weakened Russia that essentially becomes a vassal state of China.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is a nuclear armed version of Somalia in the interest of the US?

It's going to cost us $634 billion dollars over the next 10 years (okay, 8) to maintain our nuclear arsenal in good working order (which admittedly has a lot of issues of its own) but a "Somalia" equivalent is going to accomplish the same thing?
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:04:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's going to cost us $634 billion dollars over the next 10 years (okay, 8) to maintain our nuclear arsenal in good working order (which admittedly has a lot of issues of its own) but a "Somalia" equivalent is going to accomplish the same thing?
View Quote

Exactly. Why not use or sell them then?
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:06:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
And you don't think $900 is a cheap price to absolutely destroy the Russian military?
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:07:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's predicated on the assumption they're functional. Why would you assume that?
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:09:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Imagine the cheap price of $0 for no war and all the lives saved while still having an inept Russian military.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:09:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

We spent $175,221 per US household over the course of the Cold War to do exactly that. $900 seems pretty reasonable to accomplish the same thing, no?
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:10:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's predicated on the assumption they're functional. Why would you assume that?
View Quote

You don’t think any of Russia’s ~5900 nukes are functional???
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:11:02 AM EDT
[#49]
I wonder what the bill would be when divided up just among the pro-war households.

I would fully support sending trillions more to Zelensky if the Ukraine-first supporters were the only ones getting taxed into the ground to fund it. As much as it takes to fully drain all of their wealth. Slava Ukraine until the last dime so they finally shut the fuck up with their insufferable horseshit
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:11:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Not for me. In my situation, I actually earned more on my refund this year than I paid in taxes last year. I don’t really know why other than I’m on SSDI.

Also, that $900 isn’t coming out of anyones pockets. They print off more $$$ whenever they need it. It’s why inflation is high right now, it started with all the Covid $$$ they printed up.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top