Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Robert Pattinson
View Quote
He played a great half-wit in Rover. Other than that, it was glitter and gay vampires to my knowledge. Guy Pearce was the better and also underrated.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Keith David quite a bit too... and although I dunno what he's done lately I've always really like the Tom Berenger..

you guys will prolly think I'm a goofball, but I think "The Rock"... Duane whateverthefuck is pretty good too... definitely underrated humor and maybe he just picks good projects, but his movies are generally pretty entertaining..
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#3]
RIP
Bill Paxton
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Lol..

In this thread, we learn who doesn't understand the meaning of "underrated".
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Ed Harris. I think people know who he is, but no one ever really thinks of him as a good actor.

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
meh, he's like Will Smith and Tom Cruise.  Fun to watch, but he always plays the same fucking guy: himself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Woody Harrelson.
meh, he's like Will Smith and Tom Cruise.  Fun to watch, but he always plays the same fucking guy: himself.
You do have a point; kinda like Tommy Lee Jones.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Have you seen “The Good Guys”? Yes, it was all pretty over the top, but he was great (and hilarious) in that role.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's been in some decent films, but is fairly one dimensional. Though I actually prefer the blade runner sequel for that reason. He fits the bill of synthetic human to a t.
Have you seen “The Good Guys”? Yes, it was all pretty over the top, but he was great (and hilarious) in that role.
Are you guys lovers of cinema or what the hell are we talkin'bout here?

Lars and the real girl?
The nice guys?
The Believer? (There's your Jew turned Nazi film)
Half Nelson?
The place beyond the Pines?
Crazy, stupid, love?
Gangster Squad?
Drive?

Dude has range, and most don't see it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:12:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lol..

In this thread, we learn who doesn't understand the meaning of "underrated".
View Quote
It's a pretty bad ratio too. If you don't have to damn near Google their name to remember them, they don't belong on this list. With very few exceptions.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Shaft
Ride With The Devil
Syriana
Westworld

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lars and the real girl?
The nice guys?
Half Nelson?
Crazy, stupid, love?
Gangster Squad?
Drive?

View Quote
I'll watch his movies, but if anything, he's overrated. Drive could've been blade runner if set in a different time. Same with place beyond the pines, good looking dude with that don't givafuck attitude.  That's his draw. Girls like movies too.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#11]
that guy played such a cocksucker in Boardwalk Empire..
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Walton Goggins
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I question if I'm breaking my own rules, but Steve Buschemmi. Now I really like that dude. Perfect combo of talent and ugly as homemade sin, God bless him. Apparently even a former NYC fire fighter and even volunteered during 9/11.

He's fairly well known but not who you think of when picking a movie to go to.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Brian Cox.

https://iv1.lisimg.com/image/1653899/340full-brian-cox.jpg

He was the chief in Super Troopers, Agamemnon in Troy (simply outstanding in that role), he was in Red with Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren, etc.
View Quote
He was excellent as Hannibal Lecter in Manhunter..

Jeffrey Donovan is excellent in anything he does...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll watch his movies, but if anything, he's overrated. Drive could've been blade runner if set in a different time. Same with place beyond the pines, good looking dude with that don't givafuck attitude.  That's his draw. Girls like movies too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lars and the real girl?
The nice guys?
Half Nelson?
Crazy, stupid, love?
Gangster Squad?
Drive?

Drive? You mean the film where he gets shot in the shoulder a few feet away by a shotgun and just looks a bit glum. Then finds his mate murdered and looks a bit glum, then kills somebody in public and gets hurt again and sits in his car and looks glum.

My god that guy is so over rated it’s not even funny. Just watch the last 10 minutes of only god,forgives.

I’ve only liked him in one film and that was blade runner
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Walton Goggins
View Quote
Him, Barry Pepper and the other guy I can't think of, he played Tommy Lee Jones deputy in No Country. He was mentioned but I aint scrolling back. All good actors if not a little typecast in the hillbilly role in whatever they're in.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I would nominate Dwight Yoakam. He's never really thought of as an actor, even though he's basically killed it in every movie he's ever been in.
View Quote
Great choice.  He's a chameleon in his roles and very good.

Also my all time favorite singer (country or otherwise).  Underrated in that aspect as well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Drive? You mean the film where he gets shot in the shoulder a few feet away by a shotgun and just looks a bit glum. Then finds his mate murdered and looks a bit glum, then kills somebody in public and gets hurt again and sits in his car and looks glum.

My god that guy is so over rated it’s not even funny. Just watch the last 10 minutes of only god,forgives.

I’ve only liked him in one film and that was blade runner
View Quote
To be honest, I had a little empathy for the character since he was basically shunned by everyone. His slut boss Jenny, (member when she fucked over Gump?), neighbors and even fellow officers. Only accepted by the highlight of that movie, Ana de Armas.  Good lord that chick  is fine. Shit, shoulda started a thread about her.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Speaking of Sam Rockwell, his voice talents on F Is For Family (as the voice of "Vic") are amazing. Dude is perfect.

I would nominate Dwight Yoakam. He's never really thought of as an actor, even though he's basically killed it in every movie he's ever been in.

Second, I would mention John Goodman. His range is out of this world, and he's never mentioned in the same hallowed company as the more familiar greats.
View Quote
John Goodman in the gambler made that movie worth a watch, much like his line in Raising Arizona, “so many social engagements, so little time”; watching his best work would be met with “so many great movies, so little time”

Also Sam Rockwell in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was hilarious
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Stephen Root
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Willem Defoe.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Willem Defoe.

ETA
Paul Giamatti is an incredible actor. Love that guys work.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Great choice.  He's a chameleon in his roles and very good.

Also my all time favorite singer (country or otherwise).  Underrated in that aspect as well.
View Quote
Agreed.  The guy is surprisingly good for a musician turned actor.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Willem Defoe.
View Quote
Fuck sake. The guy is great, but not underrated. Who the fuck don't know who Willem Defoe is?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

To be honest, I had a little empathy for the character since he was basically shunned by everyone. His slut boss Jenny, (member when she fucked over Gump?), neighbors and even fellow officers. Only accepted by the highlight of that movie, Ana de Armas.  Good lord that chick  is fine. Shit, shoulda started a thread about her.
View Quote
I do not remember much about the movie to be honest. He was so bad I kind of switched off.

Remember the scene in the elevator where he’s kicking the guy on the floor.  Everybody raves about that scene but he’s putting no effort in at all, no emotion no violence of action you can see he’s acting and acting badly,

Compare to a similar scene where vinny jones is bashing that guy in lock stock.

Sorry for the rant but that guy grips my shit. It’s like I’m the only person on the planet to Truly see how shit he is at acting.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:58:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fuck sake. The guy is great, but not underrated. Who the fuck don't know who Willem Defoe is?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Willem Defoe.
I suppose that’s somewhat true but ask a 20 something who Willem Dafoe is. Crickets...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Bill hader.

I loved him in forgetting Sarah Marshall and train wreck, Amy Schumer was god awful but Bill hader and LeBron James had some of the funniest exchanges I’ve seen in a movie recently.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:01:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Gabriel Byrne

Miller's Crossing

Usual Suspects
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#29]
John Slatterly.

Evidence;

Charlie Wilson's War (1/9) Movie CLIP - Another Broken Window (2007) HD
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#30]
K, guess I no longer know how to post youtube clips.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Paul Giamatti
View Quote
I can't stand that guy.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:05:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Jeremy Renner.

After Wind River, he made my VERY short list of actors who I will watch in anything.  The others being Gary Oldman and Tom Hardy.
View Quote
I really didn't like him in the Bourne flick he did...but Wind River. Damn...
Tom Hardy - meh.
Now y'all are going to laugh at this one...Ahnooooold...check out a fairly obscure film of his: Maggie. Be damned if he didn't act proper.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I can't stand that guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paul Giamatti
I can't stand that guy.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Timothy Spall.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:10:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Now y'all are going to laugh at this one...Ahnooooold...check out a fairly obscure film of his: Maggie. Be damned if he didn't act proper.
View Quote
after 30 movies, he finally learned to act!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Tom Hardy - meh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeremy Renner.

After Wind River, he made my VERY short list of actors who I will watch in anything.  The others being Gary Oldman and Tom Hardy.
Tom Hardy - meh.
If you haven't seen Hardy in Peaky Blinders or Rock' n Rolla, you've missed out. The fucker can act.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Timothy Olyphant
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:13:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Tom Sizemore has been a favorit of mine for decades
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:14:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

after 30 movies, he finally learned to act!
View Quote
hehehe and the fucker did it on our dime too!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He played a great half-wit in Rover. Other than that, it was glitter and gay vampires to my knowledge. Guy Pearce was the better and also underrated.
View Quote
Check out cosmopolis
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you haven't seen Hardy in Peaky Blinders or Rock' n Rolla, you've missed out. The fucker can act.
View Quote
I'll have to go look. He underwhelmed me in Venom...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeremy Renner.

Tom Hardy - meh.
compare his role in Venom to his role in Bronson to his role in The Dark Knight Rises.  The man can play wildly-different roles well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:17:12 PM EDT
[#44]
In  this thread we see some have no fucking clue what underrated means lol
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I can't stand that guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paul Giamatti
I can't stand that guy.
I thought I was the only one. Something about him rubs me the wrong way.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:19:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeremy Renner.

Tom Hardy - meh.
The Drop and Lawless.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Michael Ironside
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did a film called Bronson,

You probably wont know about the subject he’s a well known British criminal who they won’t ever let out, all he does is fight guards in prison.

Anyway Hardy became Bronson. It’s fucking spooky how he picked up the mannerisms to a T.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You probably wont know about the subject he’s a well known British criminal who they won’t ever let out, all he does is fight guards in prison.

Anyway Hardy became Bronson. It’s fucking spooky how he picked up the mannerisms to a T.
View Quote
Familiar with Bronson...I am former Common Wealther (well, sorta hehe) and we got a lot of the same stuff media wise, that y'all got. I'll take a look at some of his other films. Ok, now I have to admin I did enjoy his character in the last notMadMax! That film would have been much better had that damn white trash harpy not been in it. But Hardy did a good job there. I dunno...I may be coming around on this one...not in a pirkle way...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His work on the flick "Legend" is unequaled. It's a true story based in the 60s about the Mobster Cray (twin) brothers from England. Two other great films with Hardy are  "Warrior" and "The Drop". These are all Must See flicks in order to get the full scope of Hardy's outstanding acting abilities.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top