Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:44:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m sorry, Aero, are you seriously trying to tell us demand is DOWN?

I’m sorry, you can not lie like this. This is terrible. I have no choice now but to believe you have cancelled Christmas bonuses and gave out Starbucks gift cards instead.

Aero, stop lying. Anyone can go on your fucking website and see half the shit perpetually OOS. FFS aero.

Aero, do you think we’re democrats? You can’t just tell blatant bold faced lies and expect us to believe the opposite of what our eyes see. Ffs.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Post updated with Aero’s response:

“Just to comment and create some clarity here. We had a company catered lunch where the ornaments and gift cards were handed out. They weren’t meant to replace anything. They were just what you received if you attended the lunch. Bonuses are not a promised or contractually written agreement here at Aero Precision. They weren’t “canceled”. We try to do this every year, but they are not guaranteed and that has always been the case.

This year has been a challenging year to say the least. Costs are up over 20% (in some areas, over 70%) and demand is down 30%+. We recently moved our entire company to a new facility which was very expensive as well. There are efforts across the company to reduce costs and keep things sustainable, as there is little to no indication that the demand and economy in general are going to change any time soon.

Our priority is to keep our current employees employed with a regular paycheck they can count on. That’s what we are and will continue to be focused on. Keep in mind, this is also being written by someone who is an employee at Aero going through these same things. The company is doing its best to keep everyone happy and employed.”
View Quote

i think the ornaments are kinda neat.  Probably not the same if you work there, but whatever.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

i think the ornaments are kinda neat.  Probably not the same if you work there, but whatever.
View Quote

Would of been neat for the customers but not for the employees.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, Aero, are you seriously trying to tell us demand is DOWN?

I'm sorry, you can not lie like this. This is terrible. I have no choice now but to believe you have cancelled Christmas bonuses and gave out Starbucks gift cards instead.

Aero, stop lying. Anyone can go on your fucking website and see half the shit perpetually OOS. FFS aero.

Aero, do you think we're democrats? You can't just tell blatant bold faced lies and expect us to believe the opposite of what our eyes see. Ffs.
View Quote
Demand is down. Two years ago you were lucky to even find a barrel you didn't want in stock anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Aero, you should save as much money as you can at this point. Your rifle failed miserably and that’s it. The end.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Fuck it, gonna go look at M5 receivers now...
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah. I need an OD green upper.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’m sorry, you can not lie like this. This is terrible. I have no choice now but to believe you have cancelled Christmas bonuses and gave out Starbucks gift cards instead.

Aero, do you think we’re democrats? You can’t just tell blatant bold faced lies and expect us to believe the opposite of what our eyes see. Ffs.
View Quote

Are you just clueless or what?  Gun buying cycles have ups and downs, and sales are slowing way down currently.  Everyone is seeing it.  Grow up, get a clue, etc.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.  

I've learned that people love goofy free shit.  I can have a team on an admittedly shitty project, but buy everyone a project t-shirt and it's like you've given them a new lease on life.  They wear it all over the place.   Easiest $500 I can spend.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just got my Aero FDE M5 completed upper (finally back in stock at PA) and the fit and finish and tight match to the Aero lower is beautiful.  It was worth waiting for.   The PRS Lite stock from Magpul makes it all come together.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

We found the Republican that the Democrats use as The Example.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#12]
LOL, look at all the over-reactive Karen's on here.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Aero Precision is seriously mismanaged, with irrational management decisions
View Quote

@brian1 What information do you base that opinion on?
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Why would a firearms company, Aero, give money to an anti-gun, anti-American commie company, Starbucks ?
Hmm
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Building an M5 lower, just ordered Aero parts, hope that helps em
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why would a firearms company, Aero, give money to an anti-gun, anti-American commie company, Starbucks ?
Hmm
View Quote
Some folks like shitty Commie coffee.

just imagine all the poor liberal tears made while the minimum wage worker pours their cup.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My first civilian job was working at a delta faucet supplier, where we did die casting / made faucet parts. This was 1994-2004, and I started out at $5.50 a hour, topped out at $10.00 a hour 2 years in, yearly cost of living raise was about 30 cents a hour.

At Xmas they did give us Christmas bonuses, which averaged about $800.00, most employees took that bonus and paid for our families Christmas with it.

In 2004 Dana corp was hiring and I agonized about taking a job there, big pay increase, but I had 10 years seniority at delta and 3 weeks vacation, hard to give up a job your comfortable in, and totally knowledgeable about, to give that and benefits to jump into a new mystery job.

I jumped, and it was a good decision, because the old job moved to China 1 year . later

Next job, at Dana axle corp paid $16.00 a hour, union, but no Christmas bonus at that job.
View Quote
My last job of 25 years I was happy I wasn't at work on Christmas or sitting in a guard tower looking at goats.

Half day schedules in CONUS were nice.

Then again my employers never gave me a Christmas bonus, my bonus is a lifetime of monthly checks, back pain, free Motrin and Med insurance.

CIF even let me keep my socks and a canteen so I have dry socks and a water source.

I would happily take that over some $500-1000 Christmas bonus.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#18]
If I got a paycheck all year and most likely a paycheck the next year, that's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Are you just clueless or what?  Gun buying cycles have ups and downs, and sales are slowing way down currently.  Everyone is seeing it.  Grow up, get a clue, etc.  
View Quote

Maybe go on Aeros site and see all the shit that’s out of stock?

Hard to claim demand is the issue when you can’t keep stuff in stock.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#20]
I’ve never once gotten a Christmas bonus and I’m not in a highpay career.

I have a hard time giving a shit about someone’s expectation of a bonus then disappointment.

Person complaining is probably a shitty worker anyway lol
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, Aero, are you seriously trying to tell us demand is DOWN?

I'm sorry, you can not lie like this. This is terrible. I have no choice now but to believe you have cancelled Christmas bonuses and gave out Starbucks gift cards instead.

Aero, do you think we're democrats? You can't just tell blatant bold faced lies and expect us to believe the opposite of what our eyes see. Ffs.
View Quote
OOS items might be from supply issues vs or cost increases for incoming supplies.

Mismanage money and there will be no money for incoming supplies which can result in layoffs.

Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Was it dangled like a carrot and pulled away at the last minute or did they let everyone know well ahead bonuses were going to be cancelled for the year? You know, the old “Record profits first, second, third quarters but fourth quarter sucked ass so bonuses are cancelled” trick.

ETA: That’s the shitty modus operandi that’s been allowed to seep into way too many companies these days.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Payroll mistakes are always the worst.

In my experience employees always assume the worst and think it was intentional, and not a case of an errant keystroke or simple mistake of accounting.

Of everything I've ever done in a business, payroll was always the most stressful.
View Quote

Place I work at, before they were bought out by a corp, payroll mistakes were more due to incompetence with the 2 morons in our payroll dept. Then they started farming it out to some paroll company who on their own clusterfucks made our 2 now former payroll nitwits look like geniuses. The new company uses a place that WE have to use OUR phones to clock in and out along with other stuff. The new payroll company we uses app is a complete joke. Constantly crashes, requires updates damn near bi-weekly, tries to tell you when you punch in that you are not on the property when you are INSIDE THE BUILDING and my fav one, requires random password changes without any form of warning and usually does it BEFORE you go to punch in. Makes matters worse,you cant do a password update from your phone's app. You have to log in to their website from a browser then do it and spend up to 10 min doing that from their crappy website.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Demand is definitely down in certain segments of the industry.

Every blew their wad the last two years on gun shit. Most people are pulling back their spending for either fear of the future or because they’ve already purchased what they need.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Don't care, never got a Christmas bonus my entire life. Retired .gov employee.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re making a ton of stupid assumptions.

What’s their production schedule? Availability of raw materials? Availability of pre-manufactured parts? Are things not in stock because they’re only able to run smaller production lots?

Let’s find the answers to these before we go all commie about Aero bourgeoisie keeping the honorable worker down.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Maybe.  

I've learned that people love goofy free shit.  I can have a team on an admittedly shitty project, but buy everyone a project t-shirt and it's like you've given them a new lease on life.  They wear it all over the place.   Easiest $500 I can spend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.  

All I want from work is the ''retired'' T shirt and jingly shit deposited into my account every 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Lol. At least they get to keep their jobs.

Markets fluctuate, costs go up, profits go down, shit happens.

They could have given decent raises, then closed a shift a week later and laid off a bunch of folk like my work did. Cabinetry and other wood industries are getting brutal.

I'm not going to take the words of some random commie that is anti-work.

Merry Christmas Aero

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Revenue - Operating expenses (including debt service) = profit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Record profits but how much debt do they have?

No, I am not reading reddit.

Revenue - Operating expenses (including debt service) = profit.

That's just interest on debt. It says nothing as to the massive liability sitting on the balance sheet.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#30]
It’s been a while since I was with a company that received a Christmas bonus.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm not saying companies don't make bad decisions, but I have to laugh at some fucking delivery driver pretending he knows how to run a business. I don't either, so I don't tell others how to do it.

Link Posted: 12/18/2022 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My first civilian job was working at a delta faucet supplier, where we did die casting / made faucet parts. This was 1994-2004, and I started out at $5.50 a hour, topped out at $10.00 a hour 2 years in, yearly cost of living raise was about 30 cents a hour.

At Xmas they did give us Christmas bonuses, which averaged about $800.00, most employees took that bonus and paid for our families Christmas with it.

In 2004 Dana corp was hiring and I agonized about taking a job there, big pay increase, but I had 10 years seniority at delta and 3 weeks vacation, hard to give up a job your comfortable in, and totally knowledgeable about, to give that and benefits to jump into a new mystery job.

I jumped, and it was a good decision, because the old job moved to China 1 year . later

Next job, at Dana axle corp paid $16.00 a hour, union, but no Christmas bonus at that job.
View Quote
My dad worked for Dana (in IL back when it was known as Warners, then became Dana then another name before they shut the plant down).

Back to the topic, when we were still owned by one guy, we got $500 xmas bonus. In 2008 the owner gave us all $200 out of his own pocket (about 70 employees) since the company was hurting and we were all down to 30hrs. Next year things came back and we were back to the $500. A few years before he sold the place he went to an extra paycheck for the xmas bonus. New owners (a corp) went right to a $25 gift card. Lots of people here pissed. Gonna be fun to see if anythings done this year since the corp that bought us was bought by a large Euro corp this past spring. An xmas bonus is nice, I just dont count on them like so many I work with do.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I would of rather have the cash! It was mostly fatty bacon that cooked like trash.

Just was a slap in the face when we got bacon, yet the owner was continually buying land on both sides of the highway north of the town for his ranch.
View Quote
That's what I was going to say take the cost of the bacon and give it to the employees. I don't know what I would do with 11 lbs of bacon. But I could put the $50 or so it cost to good use.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#34]
So while people are losing high paying jobs left and right...whiney little bitches complain the company isn't giving them enough on top of shit they pay them?

bonuses are explained in the word..."BONUS"

while they're nice, lot of fucking nerve bitching that you didn't get one....go fucking work at some other shithole in tacoma, see how wel you're paid and how high ur "bonus" is...and constantly dealing with whiney, insufferable liberal shits!
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

it is...and most of the shit is on sale....

you realize the a company exists to make a profitby providing a good and service, the jobs they create are a consequence of that....

stop making it sound like Aero has got it's people in slave quarters and whipping them to work....last i checked, they are paying them, giving them benefits etc...lotta fucking entitlement to someone elses shit
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#36]
NVMD
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

All I want from work is the ''retired'' T shirt and jingly shit deposited into my account every 2 weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.  

Only thing that does that is time.  

But if it’s more enjoyable until we get there….
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I manage teams in two different states.

The team in one state voted in a union.

The team in the other state didn’t.

The team that voted in the union gets a standard raise, and lost their bonuses because contract.

The team in the other state gets better raises, and keeps their end of year bonus.

The union did the guys a nice “union strong t-shirt” however.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#39]
My grandfather was a peasant farmer in China under Chang Kai Shek. My dad brought him over to the USA in the 60s. I still remember as a little boy he had some advice. Roughly translated into English:

Workers make product.
Managers make decisions so that
Owners and investors make money.

When there is no need for the product there is no need for the workers to make product ,
but there is still need for managers to make decisions so that
Owners and investors make money.

Who do you want to be?

This advice influenced my career trajectory.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@Kubota3430

Are they planning on moving again? I like that they are a WA based company. I'm not going to stop buying from them just because some little commie is whining.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If smart they will be moving to a free state shortly, that will be a lot of money to do.

@Kubota3430

Are they planning on moving again? I like that they are a WA based company. I'm not going to stop buying from them just because some little commie is whining.

@sizzlin_bacon

i do not know if they plan on it, but if the gun ban bullshit being proposed passes, they need to move out of state.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

With rising rates debt service rises. I know nobody has thought about this post 2008 to speak of but it is an issue that doesn't come out in that equation because long term debt isn't properly accounted for. Again this is assuming some commie on reddit even used the proper term of "profit".
View Quote

Most “employees” in gd were in grade school in ‘08. Those of us who have lived through a couple of these cycles realize profit today does not = cash flow tomorrow. The writing is on the wall that things are going to get tougher in our economy. A smart company will protect its future, and its employees future, by controlling cash flow to ensure continuing operations.

But then, I suspect the whiner is used to getting what they want when they want it.

FWIW, I got a $50 gift card. Seniority has its privileges!
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or they fulfill the distributors orders before they do their own, making 35-50% less money than selling direct. Can't piss off the distributors as they sell way more than Aero ever will directly.

Let's guess all day, it'll be fun.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.  

I agree. I enjoy my work the majority of the time, the woke being pushed into the business itself by the younger generation who will soon enough find themselves on the other side of being woke acceptable, not so much.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#44]
In this thread it becomes very obvious those of you have never signed the front of a paycheck.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
In this thread it becomes very obvious those of you have never signed the front of a paycheck.
View Quote

You don't E-Sign?
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

LOL the Go Army ad is in Spanish...

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If smart they will be moving to a free state shortly, that will be a lot of money to do.

@Kubota3430

@sizzlin_bacon

i do not know if they plan on it, but if the gun ban bullshit being proposed passes, they need to move out of state.

It would be like Magpul and them leaving Colorado. I wouldn't blame Aero at all if they relocate. Taxes are going up, Inslee is still a nut, and there a gun band being pushed. The magazine ban was just the start sadly. I wish the Greater Idaho movement would push for eastern Washington as part of their territorial map.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The bottom is falling out of just about everything
View Quote

QFT

I think people don't read the news stories and understand the bigger picture
These stores really do show a bigger picture that is not here yet but is possibly a coming storm
Everyone is feeling it with just the added fuel costs and grocery costs.

Furniture company fires 2700 people on one day
Tech firing tens of thousands
Jeff Bezos says don't buy any big ticket items
US orders from China down 40% since August
FTX drags down all Crypto with it
Factory Production Fell For First Time Since June as Fed Hikes Take Hold
Retail Sales Declined Sharply in November
Godman Sachs laying off 8% of work force
Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan Chase warns of something coming worse than a recession.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Literally quit a job because of a payroll mistake that cost me almost 2k

The retarded boomer owner asked me if I was quitting because of the money.

Given the fact he was a retarded boomer I didn't bother saying anything. It's not like he was going to learn anything from what I was going to say.

I hope that cunt dies penniless in a gutter.
View Quote

You sound like a great teacher.  People can learn so much from you.  
You are awesome and sound like the smartest person in the room.............always.
I bet people are throwing you six figure bonuses wherever you go.  Keep up the good work.  You're the best and you know it!
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Demand is Way down Bob.    Please Try not to be so unintelligent in your responses.  It brings the whole community down.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You don't E-Sign?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't E-Sign?

Nah, we're pretty archaic.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top