Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I usually get a paycheck for a Christmas bonus.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My company gives out $30 gift cards for Christmas and they take in billions a year.  Never once thought to cry about it on Reddit.  I thought $30 was pretty nice actually.
View Quote
That is about like the old custom of giving a turkey for the holiday bonus.  It is a great gesture, and I was happy to get it.  

I haven't got a thing in years.  

The last thing I got was a $200 gift card at Costco, mid-summer.  It wasn't from the company at all, but from a director that knew the company was hemorrhaging staff. He was trying to keep his group together, and it didn't work, staff kept leaving, directors, managers, admin, and eventually that director went for greener pastures.  Corporate replaced nobody, and unfinished work continues to stack up.

This year I am working for noob idiots that are completely out of their depth. Purchasing and procurement are managed from a third world company by minimum wage 12 year olds.  I doubt they will even plan or approve a meal for the department.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Should have gave a Chik Fil A gift certificate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would a firearms company, Aero, give money to an anti-gun, anti-American commie company, Starbucks ?
Hmm

This.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont know anything about whats going on but it sounds like they aren't meeting financial goals?

My bonuses are usually based on meeting certain goals. If I don't meet them I don't get my bonus.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought all of my guys presents this year and we are having a catered lunch Friday.

I thought that was pretty standard. Jesus was born long before me and Santa Claus isn’t real. Why is my company obligated to pay a bonus for either of those events?
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Guess I will be the first one in 8 pages to point out the real issue… why in the fuck is a gun company buying and giving out gift cards that have to be used at an anti gun piece of shit company like Starbucks? Aero is literally helping fund an enemy. Dumb.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don’t get one at all so I really don’t care.
View Quote

We don't either. Not looking for it, not expecting it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Aero has a big new facility, and I’m sure the equipment / overhead, etc to go with it.

Who knows if they based bonuses off of internal global goals or metrics that didn’t get met? IE; sales goals, profit, QC, etc…

What if they close out the quarter, and then issue bonuses after close, and this was just a small December thank you? (Last company I was with issued bonuses in January)
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We don't either. Not looking for it, not expecting it.
View Quote

Annual bonuses are advertised when attracting and hiring new employees, and are calculated in annual wages often used to inflate actual wages and resist wage increases.

If they are normally given and standard practice, it is at the pleasure of the company, but the hourly employees look forward to it-often earmarked long before receipt.

If a company wishes to discontinue the practice, that absolutely is their right.

If they want to do it without looking like scrooge, if they want to do it without employees not feeling like they are getting fucked, the same people-management-who made the decision to discontinue the practice need to own the decision.

Announce it, let employees know early on.

That's eliminates the negative backlash they are now getting.

Link Posted: 12/18/2022 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"antiwork"
A subreddit for those who want to end work, are curious about ending work, want to get the most out of a work-free life, want more information on anti-work ideas and want personal help with their own jobs/work-related struggles.

If true, the biggest problem Aero has is that they employ an open communist in some capacity.
View Quote

Someone who thinks communism means you don't have to work (all too common an idea) is even worse - they're employing someone that's stupid, even by comparison with other Marxists.

("He who does not work shall not eat" - Lenin)
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry it's been a tight year so no bonus this year  

and they should have just skipped the GCs
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Guess I will be the first one in 8 pages to point out the real issue… why in the fuck is a gun company buying and giving out gift cards that have to be used at an anti gun piece of shit company like Starbucks? Aero is literally helping fund an enemy. Dumb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Because it's easy and can be done quickly at the checkout line of any store that sells gift cards. Might be the only company that offers $5 gift cards too? What other companies offer a $5 gift card?

It would be nice if OP would update the main post with all the developments that have transpired. Aero is getting shit on on a weekend when no one is there to post a reply quickly (as in day of said shitting upon).

Quoted:
Sorry it's been a tight year so no bonus this year  

and they should have just skipped the GCs

As an [alleged] employee indicated, the gift card and ornament were given out at the CATERED LUNCHEON and that it was not the bonus supposedly. Time will tell and Aero will hopefully say what happened.

I don't particularly care. I'll buy Aero stuff because their product is good quality, reasonably priced, and made [semi]locally. If these r/antiwork rat bastards want to complain about their lack of a bonus, I don't give a shit. The fewer involved in making my gun parts the better. Washington is going to shit and this is an example of the mindset that has been killing this once great state.

No standard capacity mags (limited to 10rd mags now if you didn't stock up beforehand), no private party sales, can't lend a firearm, now an impending AWB push for the new year. Fuck this state and the commie faggots who are destroying it. My family has been here since before statehood, but damn if I'm likely going to stay.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Because it's easy and can be done quickly at the checkout line of any store that sells gift cards. Might be the only company that offers $5 gift cards too? What other companies offer a $5 gift card?

It would be nice if OP would update the main post with all the developments that have transpired. Aero is getting shit on on a weekend when no one is there to post a reply quickly (as in day of said shitting upon).

As an [alleged] employee indicated, the gift card and ornament were given out at the CATERED LUNCHEON and that it was not the bonus supposedly. Time will tell and Aero will hopefully say what happened.

I don't particularly care. I'll buy Aero stuff because their product is good quality, reasonably priced, and made [semi]locally. If these r/antiwork rat bastards want to complain about their lack of a bonus, I don't give a shit. The fewer involved in making my gun parts the better. Washington is going to shit and this is an example of the mindset that has been killing this once great state.

No standard capacity mags (limited to 10rd mags now if you didn't stock up beforehand), no private party sales, can't lend a firearm, now an impending AWB push for the new year. Fuck this state and the commie faggots who are destroying it. My family has been here since before statehood, but damn if I'm likely going to stay.
View Quote

Should have just not given out a card at all. Starbucks should not get a dime from gun owners and especially gun manufacturers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#15]
No idea about the accuracy of claims, I wish them ALL well. It is challenging to forecast future demand in this rather unprecedented environment, so I'm giving their management benefit of the doubt.
My own company several years ago ended up laying a number of people off then demand came roaring back and left them with a lot of ill will among remaining staff as they had to work the remaining people harder while hiring replacements. I'd much rather have a $5 latte card than loss of my colleagues jobs.

PS Aero, I just bought some parts from you... you make good quality stuff.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Should have just not given out a card at all. Starbucks should not get a dime from gun owners and especially gun manufacturers.
View Quote

Didn't you read what he said? It's the ungrateful employees fault
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#17]
What happened to "Their business, their rules"?
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:37:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would a firearms company, Aero, give money to an anti-gun, anti-American commie company, Starbucks ?
Hmm

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:40:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I've only experienced a Christmas bonus vicariously through others, movies and TV.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Could've been worse...atleast it was Starbucks and not BRCC.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#21]
People who think they are entitled to a bonus can eat shit.  

Spoiled free shit army.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:43:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I usually get a paycheck for a Christmas bonus.
View Quote

This
My bonus is equal to my paycheck
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:48:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:48:26 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd be shocked if a gun company was making "record profits" in 2022. Might have record cash flow, but definitely not "record profits".
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:48:38 AM EDT
[#25]
We just had a fucking debate at work about who gets a Christmas/end of year bonus.

New mgmt were all like, "What is the metric? What is their MBO? Where I used to work, we had a scale they were measured on ..."

Me and a few others were like, "Thats really cute, but, none of that was in the contract and none of this matters at this point as we can't afford to lose the people we got. Have a fucking heart Mr and Mrs Scrooge."

Some folks hav ZERO people skills when it comes to mgmt. They are robots and they are dead inside.

If you want to base it on a metric, do that the following year and set a guideline that they know what to expect.
Doing that at this point and springing it on them last second is pretty shitty.

I told the other managers to FOAD if they wanted to do that and leave my folks alone.
Take your shitty gubmint attitude and shove it where the sun don't shine.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I never required (or asked) any one who ever worked for me to be my drinking buddy or my best friend... it always happened naturally and we all knew where the line was drawn because the rules were laid out in advance.

It's really not that difficult to "manage", but being a leader requires a whole different set of skills. Not all managers are leaders, not all leaders "manage". Great managers are great leaders.

So a Christmas bonus is just that, a sense of good will and appreciation. Quarterly or annual bonuses often contain a metric based on a goal.

Those are two VERY different things.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Almost every industry out there is experiencing a major slowdown and lay-offs.

Gun companies are constantly seeing up and down markets. Some, like Smith & Wesson, paid off all their debt and piled in the cash over the past couple of years. Others expanded into new facilities and put themselves into debt. Both are facing major slowdowns next year.  Don't you remember the "salad days" just a year after Trump was elected?  Salad days may be good for us, but they are hell on the bottom line of the companies we buy from.

Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#27]
That’s a hell of a lot more than I got from Lockheed Martin during the height of f22 salad days.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#28]
They didn’t give them “jam of the month club” or make a donation to the “human league”??
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 12:11:05 AM EDT
[#29]
If my company didn't give out the "incentives" about half the staff would probably be gone in a week. I think they're dumb and would rather get the money in every check instead, but that'll never happen.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This, but doubting record profits, this year, for a gun manufacturer.

Sales be down, people aren’t exactly buying luxury goods en masse.

It’s not 2020 or even 2021 by far
View Quote

Getting cold called by sales guys at distributors on a regular basis
Prices are being slashed
That wasnt happening two years ago
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Rest assured that people in your company are getting nice fat Christmas bonuses. Just not you, you get your $30 and you like it.
View Quote

guess he sohuld become "that people" then....
otherwise, take your agreed upon salary and move on

the only bonus i got was a ham at xmas.  from a company that i wouldnt expect it from
now i work for The Man...there will never be a bonus....ever.  not even a meal.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I bought all of my guys presents this year and we are having a catered lunch Friday.

I thought that was pretty standard. Jesus was born long before me and Santa Claus isn’t real. Why is my company obligated to pay a bonus for either of those events?
View Quote

Wait....what....
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Rofl, those siqq Cerakote LE drops cost money, dawg.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#35]
A “Christmas bonus” is generally a nice bottle of bourbon and a $50 gift card (or similar) around here.

Roll my “bonus” into a raise/percentage increase at evaluation.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#36]
your bonus is you keep your job
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#37]
I got 3 bonus checks this year.

We're hiring and some of you sound like you could use a change.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Updated with more information about the individual who made the initial complaint. Aero put out some fantastic statements as well.

Good to see a company tackle this and call out the bullshit head on. As Troy proved (by failing) to us all, the best way to deal with something is quick and direct.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/zqhq6q/epilogue_aeros_erroneous_antiwork_employee/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I got my first year-end bonus this year. I didn't expect it, and that was nice.

It shouldn't be something you expect or rely on, unless it's a performance based bonus (for example, my brother gets 25% of this salary paid out now if he hits billable hours)
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#40]
For the TLDR crowd:
The Starbucks giftcard and ornament were the doorprizes at a catered lunch, they were not the employees' bonuses.

aero-precision
19 points ·
3 days ago

Just to comment and create some clarity here. We had a company catered lunch where the ornaments and gift cards were handed out. They weren’t meant to replace anything. They were just what you received if you attended the lunch. Bonuses are not a promised or contractually written agreement here at Aero Precision. They weren’t “canceled”. We try to do this every year, but they are not guaranteed and that has always been the case.

This year has been a challenging year to say the least. Costs are up over 20% (in some areas, over 70%) and demand is down 30%+. We recently moved our entire company to a new facility which was very expensive as well. There are efforts across the company to reduce costs and keep things sustainable, as there is little to no indication that the demand and economy in general are going to change any time soon.

Our priority is to keep our current employees employed with a regular paycheck they can count on. That’s what we are and will continue to be focused on. Keep in mind, this is also being written by someone who is an employee at Aero going through these same things. The company is doing its best to keep everyone happy and employed.
View Quote

aero-precision
18 points ·
1 day ago

I'm not sure I would consider this an "official response" as i'm just an employee watching this as well, but it's some clickbait nonsense that was blown out of proportion. The ornament and gift card were just what was handed out if you attended the catered company dinner. Like a door prize for coming. Bonuses aren't announced one way or another. And as it has always been here at Aero, they are not promised and it's all based on company performance. There's been years where bonuses stretched out and weren't paid until well in to Q1. We don't have a perfect system here. Bonuses were paid out heftily last year. This year has been a much different year for the business and industry in general, and the vast majority of employees here are well aware of that.

I'm actually very surprised to see this community specifically still thinking that the industry is blowing up. Demand started diving hard in May of 2021, and combined with that, costs skyrocketed soon after which was hard to predict. This makes for a challenging situation in general. It is true that we had to let roughly 40 employees go several months ago. That should give some insight in to the challenges we are facing.

Me personally, i'm happy to have a job where I get to spend part of my time engaging on reddit. Maybe not so much this past few days, but in general!
View Quote

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You sound like a great teacher.  People can learn so much from you.  
You are awesome and sound like the smartest person in the room.............always.
I bet people are throwing you six figure bonuses wherever you go.  Keep up the good work.  You're the best and you know it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Literally quit a job because of a payroll mistake that cost me almost 2k

The retarded boomer owner asked me if I was quitting because of the money.

Given the fact he was a retarded boomer I didn't bother saying anything. It's not like he was going to learn anything from what I was going to say.

I hope that cunt dies penniless in a gutter.

You sound like a great teacher.  People can learn so much from you.  
You are awesome and sound like the smartest person in the room.............always.
I bet people are throwing you six figure bonuses wherever you go.  Keep up the good work.  You're the best and you know it!

Attachment Attached File

Thank you for conceding through ad hominems
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I’m sorry, Aero, are you seriously trying to tell us demand is DOWN?

I’m sorry, you can not lie like this. This is terrible. I have no choice now but to believe you have cancelled Christmas bonuses and gave out Starbucks gift cards instead.

Aero, stop lying. Anyone can go on your fucking website and see half the shit perpetually OOS. FFS aero.

Aero, do you think we’re democrats? You can’t just tell blatant bold faced lies and expect us to believe the opposite of what our eyes see. Ffs.
View Quote

New drinking game, every time you say Aero we drink.

Just because something is OOS, that doesn't mean they're selling like crazy, it could mean they can't get STOCK.

Jesus' man, try a little thought before going off on an emotional rant.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Maybe go on Aeros site and see all the shit that’s out of stock?

Hard to claim demand is the issue when you can’t keep stuff in stock.
View Quote

Honest question, are you retarded?

You've never owned a business and it shows.

You don't have the critical thinking skills to get it done.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, Aero, are you seriously trying to tell us demand is DOWN?

I'm sorry, you can not lie like this. This is terrible. I have no choice now but to believe you have cancelled Christmas bonuses and gave out Starbucks gift cards instead.

Aero, stop lying. Anyone can go on your fucking website and see half the shit perpetually OOS. FFS aero.

Aero, do you think we're democrats? You can't just tell blatant bold faced lies and expect us to believe the opposite of what our eyes see. Ffs.
View Quote
Have you seen gun prices lately? While it seems like most other things (I'm talking about groceries here) have gone up markedly, guns and ammunition prices are dropping-- even October we were seeing guns for $100+ below MSRP... brass cased 9mm from major manufacturers is now hitting around $0.24 ppr... so, yeah, I would be shocked if these prices don't reflect a downturn in demand...
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Annual bonuses are advertised when attracting and hiring new employees, and are calculated in annual wages often used to inflate actual wages and resist wage increases.

If they are normally given and standard practice, it is at the pleasure of the company, but the hourly employees look forward to it-often earmarked long before receipt.

If a company wishes to discontinue the practice, that absolutely is their right.

If they want to do it without looking like scrooge, if they want to do it without employees not feeling like they are getting fucked, the same people-management-who made the decision to discontinue the practice need to own the decision.

Announce it, let employees know early on.

That's eliminates the negative backlash they are now getting.

View Quote

I work at a subsidiary of a large airline. I do aircraft maintenance. The only bonuses we get are quarterly performance bonuses tailored to our first flight of the day departure on time, maintenance MEL's cleared and other criteria.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Updated with more information about the individual who made the initial complaint. Aero put out some fantastic statements as well.

Good to see a company tackle this and call out the bullshit head on. As Troy proved (by failing) to us all, the best way to deal with something is quick and direct.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/zqhq6q/epilogue_aeros_erroneous_antiwork_employee/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#47]
reddit is a cesspool.

This is the norm at reddit.

I only visit gundeals...
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
reddit is a cesspool.

This is the norm at reddit.

I only visit gundeals...
View Quote

It’s not that bad, just need to avoid any popular subs. The clone group is fantastic, as is the LMT group. Other hobby specific groups are typically free of the bias that infiltrates r/politics and r/news
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#49]
TRex Arms makes Aero AR-10 video.......Aero hands out $5 gift cards for Christmas.

I'd say they have an oracle in their bean counting department.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top