Bot Fly Larvae

Not what the OP posted a photo of...
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
KILL THEM WITH FIRE!!!!
I cant stand them little bastards.....
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
When I was living in FL, we had this happen a couple times, both in the kitchen.  It was like they materialized out of nowhere.  And in an empty corner, too.  Not anywhere near the pantry or garbage can, to this day I can't figure out WTF happened.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those are Bot fly maggots in the pic.

Check your body for any penetration .

You don't want them inside you.

Bot Fly Larvae
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_01/EvansMags1SWNS_700x482.jpg

I was just fucking with him.

Link Posted: 11/7/2008 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah...I've had that happen too.

I thought someone spilled rice and was too inconsiderate to clean it up (I'm in college, have 4 roommates).

Then they started wiggling.

I was fucking disgusted, but I picked them all up and never had the problem again.

Weird thing is that they were in the dead ass middle of the kitchen. I think they came from the trash.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you've got a dog, check its ears and its ass.

If you've got a cat, check its ass.   It could be tapeworm segments.

That's got to pay more than minimum wage
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those are Bot fly maggots in the pic.

Check your body for any penetration .

You don't want them inside you.

Bot Fly Larvae
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_01/EvansMags1SWNS_700x482.jpg

I was just fucking with him.

That is cruel!  

Link Posted: 11/7/2008 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#10]
There is a ZOMBIE hding in your house somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Dead hooker Muslim Mexican Jimmy Hoffa gangbanger  SOMETHING dead under the floor.
This.^^

Seen Zombies lately?  

Bring in a dog.  Dogs love dead things, if the dog can't find it.  Call a Preist. Quick!

Link Posted: 11/7/2008 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/7/2008 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Thats just nasty.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Nuke them from space...

It's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You don't live in California, do you? Ever since the marriage ban last week, they've probably been searching for a place to hide out.

Oh. Wait.

You said Maggots.

Nevermind.

ROFL!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/7/2008 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 11/7/2008 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Does anyone live up above you.  Like in an apartment?  If so call the police there could be a dead corpse above you.  If the corpse bursts, youre in for a hell of a stinch/mess.

If he is getting the maggots in his apartment, the corpse if long since "burst".  The majority of maggots stay in the general area and feed on the body until it is removed or dehydrates.  Of course, once you remove the food source, they are going to spread out and try to find food.

Try and look on the good side, this is the perfect opportunity to collect some and go fishing.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#19]
G-ross dude! Actually this happened to a friend of mine when he put away old fish aquarium rocks and such without properly cleaning them off first. I about hurled chunks!! Hate those little things! Check out any area anyone may have left some food or anything of that nature. Then BLEACH!!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Last time I saw maggots, I grabbed a grill lighter and a can of WD40.  I killed with fire.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I think I saw this on a CSI episode once.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#22]
In the room I keep my birds in the seeds grow small moths, they live on the ceiling and sometimes the larve fall on the carpet and look just like maggots.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#23]
We had some of those things in my pantry once. I found out on my own that they were moths... Probably came in a bag of sugar (best we can think, anyway).

I could not believe some of the places those damned things hid... I had a pack of green scrubbies and I found a few of them in between the scrubbies!

I threw a lot of stuff out, cleaned the pantry well, and put "Pantry Guard" anti-moth stuff in and I haven't seen any since...

(And we are clean people, keep clean house, etc... which pissed me off even more!)
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#24]
tag
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#25]
The only thing you have to worry about is that little itchy feeling on your body when you are sleeping tonight.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Time to get rid of the dead hooker.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#27]
IBTMP

Link Posted: 11/7/2008 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I never saw where you posted where you lived,I had a tenant complaining about maggots !   Sure enough the people above her moved out(skipped rent)and the dumb ass managers we had cut off power without cleaning out the Refrigerate and food in apartment(she claims we had no right to enter the apartment )I differed I claimed that we should remove perishables from the refrigerate and spray for roaches.

It's damn right funny how people that don't have to live in an Apartment complex deal with it!

I would clean out the refrigerators and open the doors!

Maggots can grow in a garbage disposal and climb right on down to the floor below them!

I never regretted quitting the maintenance or janitorial trade!

Bob
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Unexplainable Maggots are a sign of a haunting !!!

KILL IT WITH FIRE !!!  
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vacuum much?

i swear to fucking god, arfcom has the most disgusting people living on it,

And here i was thinking you guys were cleaner than the rest of the internet.

U see my reply before getting on your high horse? I'm pretty sure my place is better kept than your bunker.

What round for maggots?

Kill them with fire? Nuke from orbit? Have I left out any?

Link Posted: 11/8/2008 3:50:11 AM EDT
[#31]

Thank you for the new wallpaper at my workstation computer.

Link Posted: 11/8/2008 4:19:49 AM EDT
[#32]
We had this happen too.  They weren't all over, but we'd find them in random places.  Turns out we had something in a cabinet that was open and they were coming from it.  Search the area they are concentrated in for any open food.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Do you live near a hospital burn center? Burn center's use maggots to clean the dead flesh from burn victums...
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 5:00:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Did you invite this man into your home recently?

http://i38.tinypic.com/296d20.jpg

Michael Jackson???
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 5:03:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Did you have any Family members who supported Obama over for an evening?
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone live up above you.  Like in an apartment?  If so call the police there could be a dead corpse above you.  If the corpse bursts, youre in for a hell of a stinch/mess.

If he is getting the maggots in his apartment, the corpse if long since "burst".  The majority of maggots stay in the general area and feed on the body until it is removed or dehydrates.  Of course, once you remove the food source, they are going to spread out and try to find food.

Try and look on the good side, this is the perfect opportunity to collect some and go fishing.  

Yeah,they make good fishbait. Damn city folks!
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 5:22:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Time to get rid of the dead hooker.

This.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 5:25:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vacuum much?

U see my reply before getting on your high horse? I'm pretty sure my place is better kept than your bunker.

What round for maggots?

This.

Link Posted: 11/8/2008 5:28:42 AM EDT
[#39]

Here's what the bastards look like, up close and personal.

Oh.. I'm a goofy goober yeah!
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 5:37:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vacuum much?

What round for maggots?

This.

http://retardzone.com/uploads/2008/03/minigun-01.jpg

Now that is funny...
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We had this happen too.  They weren't all over, but we'd find them in random places.  Turns out we had something in a cabinet that was open and they were coming from it.  Search the area they are concentrated in for any open food.

I don't think they can develop from dry foods. My best guess now is there's a dead gecko somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 6:09:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You don't live in California, do you? Ever since the marriage ban last week, they've probably been searching for a place to hide out.

Oh. Wait.

You said Maggots.

Nevermind.

Link Posted: 11/8/2008 6:24:57 AM EDT
[#43]
You are supposed to dispose of the dead hooker......
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think they can develop from dry foods. My best guess now is there's a dead gecko somewhere.

The ones we had were in something dry.  I'm telling ya, start checking all the food in the house and you'll find them.  I found them in a bag of rice cakes all the way in the back of a cabinet.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 6:44:45 AM EDT
[#45]
it doesn't look like a meal moth or a carpet beetle larvae

They look like fly larvae

the tapered body is a pretty big difference

Fly larvae are usually on/in the host/corpse they don't move out unless the food runs out
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 6:47:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
it doesn't look like a meal moth or a carpet beetle larvae

They look like fly larvae

the tapered body is a pretty big difference

http://bugs.bio.usyd.edu.au/Entomology/images/Topics/lifeCycles/fly_lifecycle.jpg

Fly larvae are usually on/in the host/corpse they don't move out unless the food runs out

Nope, after they finish eating, they spread out.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 6:52:39 AM EDT
[#47]
A sign of the Apokeeclipse.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 6:59:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Right you are

I have usually found the pupae on or close to the body

After the third-instar larva has finished feeding, it moves around in search of a site in which to pupate. For many species, this involves burrowing into the soil. These late, third-instar larvae are called 'pre-pupae' and while they are searching, their skin starts to shorten, fatten and harden, ultimately becoming the pupal case, or puparium

http://www.deathonline.net/decomposition/corpse_fauna/flies/maggots.htm

I'm thinking from the tapered look of the image you posted, you have a zed in the area dropping pre-pupae second-instar larvae

BRAAAAAAINS!
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google "Meal moth".  That looks like it to me.  We've seen them in sugar, flour, bisquick, that sort of stuff.  Even in one of those soy sauce flasks you see at restaurants.  Open any bags and look for silk/cobwebs––even stuff in ziplocks.  

Expect to find a shit ton of moths next week.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks like maggots. I have two containers of them in my fridge (food for my animals) and it looks just like them. You have something rotting somewhere.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top