Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really need to up my omelette game. You need to do a video.
View Quote
Here you go...
I Try To Master Jacques Pepin's Perfect Omelet...
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Everybody hating my diet has me absolutely committed to losing the pounds, so, thanks for that
View Quote
Well change your diet and you will lose weight.

J-
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Everybody hating my diet has me absolutely committed to losing the pounds, so, thanks for that
View Quote
ive decided this must be a troll thread pure amd simple

first the OP decides a diet means he is stepping down to paper plates ..

then its cakes and ice cream and brownies everywhere..

now its ' but im so sincere'..

but the OP isnt answering any of the basic questions.. why arent you actually eating less calories to try and lose weight?

<--- lost more weight since pg5 than the op claims to have lost in weeks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

ive decided this must be a troll thread pure amd simple

first the OP decides a diet means he is stepping down to paper plates ..

then its cakes and ice cream and brownies everywhere..

now its ' but im so sincere'..

but the OP isnt answering any of the basic questions.. why arent you actually eating less calories to try and lose weight?

<--- lost more weight since pg5 than the op claims to have lost in weeks.
View Quote
I'm telling you he has got to be a photographer that does the pics for cafeterias and menus. Pics are way to nice and the food is way to shitty for it to be anything else.

J-
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm telling you he has got to be a photographer that does the pics for cafeterias and menus. Pics are way to nice and the food is way to shitty for it to be anything else.

J-
View Quote
thats the only thing that would make sense..
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#6]
lol

OP must be trolling us.  4 pounds in 4 weeks?

Cut carbs out for 4 days and you'll lose more than that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember during the smart well cookie eat all you want as long as it's low fat era people would frequently gorge on high carb sugary food and claim they were losing weight all the while getting fatter.

I actually remember that. It was crazy. Since not weighing yourself was also part of the fad the delusion was safe.

The OP's menu reminds me of that. I think of the lender bagle commercial where the guy goes on and on about bagles and "complex carbohydrates" when in fact breads with flour are not in any way complex carbohydrates.

People are more influenced by advertising than by actual facts and reality.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Herbed chicken breasts with asparagus, mustard vinaigrette, and almonds.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Day 35 weigh-in

Starting weight:  230.2 lbs.
Week 1:  227.4 lbs.
Week 2:  228.0 lbs.
Week 3:  227.2 lbs.
Week 4:  226.6 lbs.

Week 5:

Goal:  Less than 220 lbs
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51536/818F8025-6AF7-4095-93CD-1D8807F3773C-525924.jpg

View Quote
Nice to see you keeping the faith, looks good.  Dropping pounds?
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Day 36:

Back by popular demand, what I ate today...

Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Day 37:

Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Checked out the Mayo Clinic BMI (body mass index) calculator, which accounts for gender and waist size in addition to height and weight.

Currently at BMI 26.7 (overweight)

To get to 24.9 the high end of "normal", I need to get my weight to 210 lbs.

Therefore ... New Goal = less than 210 lbs.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Think I'll got to an egg and some fruit for breakfast.  
View Quote
Cut out the carbs, cut out the sugar. It’ll come off so fast you’ll be amazed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51536/818F8025-6AF7-4095-93CD-1D8807F3773C-525924.jpg

I would be, if I didn't habitually guzzle gallons of beer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Day 38:

Pizza night

Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Checked out the Mayo Clinic BMI (body mass index) calculator, which accounts for gender and waist size in addition to height and weight.

Currently at BMI 26.7 (overweight)

To get to 24.9 the high end of "normal", I need to get my weight to 210 lbs.

Therefore ... New Goal = less than 210 lbs.
View Quote
Ought to make it there by 2020.

J-
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cut out the carbs, cut out the sugar. It’ll come off so fast you’ll be amazed.
View Quote
Talking to a brick wall with this guy.

J-
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Day 39:

Link Posted: 5/3/2018 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Day 40:

Link Posted: 5/5/2018 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Day 42 weigh-in

Week 5:  225.2 lbs.

Week 6:

FML...

Link Posted: 5/5/2018 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey OP,  can we get a body picture? No homo, I'm 6'4 and 260lb down from 330 lb last October. I'm curious as to what someone roughly my height looks like. Around my goal weight.  I have lost a fuck ton of weight finally but still have a ways to go. I'm the lightest I have ever been in my adult life. Good on you making the choice to change. I really need to get my fat ass in the gym....
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hey OP,  can we get a body picture? No homo, I'm 6'4 and 260lb down from 330 lb last October. I'm curious as to what someone roughly my height looks like. Around my goal weight.  I have lost a fuck ton of weight finally but still have a ways to go. I'm the lightest I have ever been in my adult life. Good on you making the choice to change. I really need to get my fat ass in the gym....
View Quote
Congrats on shedding the tonnage.  My peak was about 275, ongoing effort.  Hope you make your goal.  Here I am today (6-5 @ 226 lbs):

Link Posted: 5/5/2018 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
@hardhit77

Keep up the good work Hardhit.

I am enjoying this thread for the photographic skills of OP.  I think the the “diet” is lackluster......at best.

I am 6’4” 54YO and was 275 on Dec 24.  Now I am at 195.  I became vegan and I run 5 miles per day.  The pounds will come off and you you can eat as much fruit as you want although it may be too much of drastic change for most folks.  I didn’t have any choice as I had a pretty serious health-scare.

It’s fun to buy new clothes...my pant size is down to 34......from a 40 waist.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#25]

I was pretty loaded when I whipped this up, but it was tasty.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Day 42 weigh-in

Week 6:
http://www.dlaab.com/meals/18E05_weight.jpg

FML...

View Quote
I know exactly how you could cut that in two weeks or less.....................if you would listen anything that the majority of us are saying ( I dropped 21 lbs in the same time you dropped your "loss").

J-
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

J-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cut out the carbs, cut out the sugar. It'll come off so fast you'll be amazed.

J-
Yeah his pizza night photo was two pizzas and I've cream topped with two types of carbs (cereal and fruit) . 4 lbs in 40 days. I'm 6 inches shorter than him and 80lbs lighter, and I drop 4lbs in 2 days if I eat a whole pizza, bloat, then go back into keto.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yeah his pizza night photo was two pizzas and I've cream topped with two types of carbs (cereal and fruit) . 4 lbs in 40 days. I'm 6 inches shorter than him and 80lbs lighter, and I drop 4lbs in 2 days if I eat a whole pizza, bloat, then go back into keto.
View Quote
Yep because you (we) are doing it correct. Following Keto or not he's not going to lose any kind of appreciable weight eating like that unless he is training for a marathon.

J-
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@hardhit77

Keep up the good work Hardhit.

I am enjoying this thread for the photographic skills of OP.  I think the the “diet” is lackluster......at best.

I am 6’4” 54YO and was 275 on Dec 24.  Now I am at 195.  I became vegan and I run 5 miles per day.  The pounds will come off and you you can eat as much fruit as you want although it may be too much of drastic change for most folks.  I didn’t have any choice as I had a pretty serious health-scare.

It’s fun to buy new clothes...my pant size is down to 34......from a 40 waist.
View Quote
Wow that's nuts dropping weight that fast. I applaud the dedication! I could go vegan if I wanted to but I don't want to. If I don't get called in tomorrow going to account scout out a gym. It's time to start working out or I'm going to get skinny fat.  I'm sticking to it it's hard sometimes but I'm making it work. At the end of this I'm going to need skin removal done. I've been to big for to Long. It's time for a change though. .
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Is this the high carb, high sugar diet I've been hearing so much about?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is this the high carb, high sugar diet I've been hearing so much about?
View Quote
It works just fine, if'n ya don't eat a lot of it. I just don't understand how you do it and not feel perpetually hungry all damn day. I mean...it works, but...
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Minor hijack/ what I had for dinner pic

Venison Wellington, deer God it was tasty.... Killed it and cooked it myself.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#33]
OP isn't serious.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It works just fine, if'n ya don't eat a lot of it. I just don't understand how you do it and not feel perpetually hungry all damn day. I mean...it works, but...
View Quote
For about a week you will feel hungry. It was 4-5 days for me, and 7-8 for the wife. Lose the sugar.
I don't have the blood sugar drops like I did. I am enjoying that.
Dropped 30 pounds quickly. I hit 223-225 and the brakes came on. Hopefully I'll start losing again, but it is a new lifestyle.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Day 49 weigh-in

Week 6:  226.4 lbs.

Week 7:

LOL, back to two weeks ago

Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Minor hijack/ what I had for dinner pic

https://i.imgur.com/zK39Bsb.jpg
Venison Wellington, deer God it was tasty.... Killed it and cooked it myself.
View Quote
Looks awesome
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Also, I have cut way back on carbs.  Just fruit for dessert, eggs for breakfast, plenty of vegetables, etc.

This may take awhile, but I will reach my goal.

- Danner
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51536/GJd2sP4zRfa92qWOB73Dfg-535706.jpg

I was pretty loaded when I whipped this up, but it was tasty.
View Quote
@Subnet

Are you needing/trying to cut pounds?  Sounds like if you switch from beer to whiskey, it would be doable.  Just think of it, drinking whiskey for you health
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Also, I have cut way back on carbs.  Just fruit for dessert, eggs for breakfast, plenty of vegetables, etc.

This may take awhile, but I will reach my goal.

- Danner
View Quote
any idea what your daily NET carbs intake is? Curious to see what you think is "cutting way back" on carbs is. Are you tracking any of this stuff at all or just looking at stuff and thinking "hmm that's less carbs than I was eating last week"?

Any idea what your carbs were before vs now?

You keep saying that its gonna take a long time yada yada yada but you could drop those 5 lbs in a week and a half, IF YOU WANTED TOO.

You don't necessarily have to go ultra low carb or work out a ton etc but what you are doing is not working. You'd be better served with Weight Watchers or something like that compared to how you are trying to do it.

J-
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

any idea what your daily NET carbs intake is? Curious to see what you think is "cutting way back" on carbs is. Are you tracking any of this stuff at all or just looking at stuff and thinking "hmm that's less carbs than I was eating last week"?

You keep saying that its gonna take a long time yada yada yada but you could drop those 5 lbs in a week and a half, IF YOU WANTED TOO.

You don't necessarily have to go ultra low carb or work out a ton etc but what you are doing is not working. You'd be better served with Weight Watchers or something like that compared to how you are trying to do it.

J-
View Quote
Don't bother
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Don't bother
View Quote
I'ts like a train wreck though, I can't help but look

J-
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

J-
View Quote
I don't count carbs.  Have been keeping calories under 1600 per day as the goal (don't always make it).  A good amount to physical activity, but not hard-core working out.

I get that KETO is like  religion that actually works, and encourages people.  But, what I'm eating is what everybody at home is eating, so...  My diet religion is more like one where the extremists walk through town whipping themselves bloody .  It's a mess ...
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 12:09:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't count carbs.  Have been keeping calories under 1600 per day as the goal (don't always make it).  A good amount to physical activity, but not hard-core working out.

I get that KETO is like  religion that actually works, and encourages people.  But, what I'm eating is what everybody at home is eating, so...  My diet religion is more like one where the extremists walk through town whipping themselves bloody .  It's a mess ...
View Quote
Not saying you need to do keto (or any other official diet plan) etc, just saying what you want to do is attainable in a couple weeks not months. Keep on the same path you are on and you will likely never make your goal, bottom line.

How do you know you are cutting back on carbs if you are not keeping track of them???

By comparison I eat 2067 cals a day and have lost quadruple of what you have in the same time.

J-
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Day 52:

Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

J-

Calories in calories out. That is the only possible mechanism and core of any weightloss, which has been explicitly stated by @thenuge and others. Which is why it's working here
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 6:31:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Calories in calories out. That is the only possible mechanism and core of any weightloss, which has been explicitly stated by @thenuge and others. Which is why it's working here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

J-

It’s science. There’s no debate. You have a total daily energy expenditure based on basal metabolic rate plus any activity. Youbeat less than that TDEE and you lose weight. You eat more and you gain weight. It’s that simple. If you can’t understand that or accept that then your conspiracy theory status and/or retardation is beyond help.

There’s one benefit to keto and that’s it. Satiety. It does help with that. But along with it comes many negatives.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's why this is a very good thread.

It would be interesting to know if OP feels hungry or weak, what other effects there are on his calorie restricted diet besides not losing weight.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's science. There's no debate. You have a total daily energy expenditure based on basal metabolic rate plus any activity. Youbeat less than that TDEE and you lose weight. You eat more and you gain weight. It's that simple. If you can't understand that or accept that then your conspiracy theory status and/or retardation is beyond help.

There's one benefit to keto and that's it. Satiety. It does help with that. But along with it comes many negatives.
View Quote
Yeah, also being able to quit your beetus and BP meds is a turrible side effect. Plus all the damn energy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:07:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yeah, also being able to quit your beetus and BP meds is a turrible side effect. Plus all the damn energy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's science. There's no debate. You have a total daily energy expenditure based on basal metabolic rate plus any activity. Youbeat less than that TDEE and you lose weight. You eat more and you gain weight. It's that simple. If you can't understand that or accept that then your conspiracy theory status and/or retardation is beyond help.

There's one benefit to keto and that's it. Satiety. It does help with that. But along with it comes many negatives.
Less energy on keto. Especially for anaerobic activities.

For the tards that think there’s a magical metabolic advantage to keto.

http://evilcyber.com/losing-weight/low-carb-keto-diet/

“While I wholly acknowledge that carbohydrate-restricted diets work and have produced weight-loss for millions of people worldwide, this article is solely addressing the claim that they accelerate the weight-loss process through some magical metabolic effect. Yes, low and no-carbohydrate works, but (metabolically) no more than any other isocaloric diet.”
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:33:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It’s science. There’s no debate. You have a total daily energy expenditure based on basal metabolic rate plus any activity. Youbeat less than that TDEE and you lose weight. You eat more and you gain weight. It’s that simple. If you can’t understand that or accept that then your conspiracy theory status and/or retardation is beyond help.

There’s one benefit to keto and that’s it. Satiety. It does help with that. But along with it comes many negatives.
View Quote
Al Gore, is that you?

Laws of thermodynamics, vs laws of biology.  Different.  Evidence:  satiety.

Why would any living organism eat itself into morbid obesity?  Why would half an entire population do so?  Why does TDEE go up when fasting, but down when restricting calories in the presence of carbs?  Answer these questions and you will disprove the notion that human biology follows the laws of thermodynamics.

OP you have spent weeks fluctuating water weight.  Carbs in your restricted calorie diet are causing insulin spikes, which prevent fat burning and cause energy storage and are down regulating your metabolism.  The moment you realize you're not getting anywhere, stop taking pictures of everything and say fuck it, you'll gain everything back and more.

NUGE: Satiety is HUGE!  And it is hardly the only plus to keto. There's no hangry in ketosis.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top