User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 77
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So this ornery little shit . . .

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177960/Screenshot_20210410-103212_png-1899585.JPG

I looked down and he's got one of my socks between his paws, and I ask him "And what's that between your paws mister?"

So he reaches over and picks up the other one.

Then the wife starts laughing and says "Look, he's helping you pick them up so you can put them in the laundry basket."

View Quote

I taught my dog to fetch using a rolled up sock. That was a big mistake.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit dude.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The super abbreviated version is that we were locked and loaded for a platoon tank table 12. We were on a floater tank that was usually bitched out for parts and treated like a 2 dollar hooker, and she finally got pissed. The engine caught fire but the automatic halon system failed to activate and the whole deck was engulfed in flames as it burned JP8 fuel and all the wiring back there. At same time the turret was pointing forward which meant the ammo stowage is right over the flame and was potentially going to ingnite and blowout. We had M1A1s and were using the 120mm combustable ammo, so big fires are no bueno. If even one goes off inside the turret everyone is pretty much cooked instantly despite the Nomex we wore. In this case the ammo doors were shut but you damn sure didn't want the ammo cooking off when you coming out of the hatches to escape, the blowout panels are on top and you'd likely get cooked on the way out

I was in the gunner's seat shooting for my platoon sergeant because his gunner was at sick call or some shit that day. Main gun was loaded and I was just about to test fire the coax when the track lost all power. I had literally said 'on the way' and squeezed the trigger when the power went off. Lights, comms, everything...but the engine was still running which was a big proble. It should have aborted when the power died but like I said this was an angry tank and it could defy the engineering physics

The loader said fuck the emergency fire procedures and jumped off the turret roof 10 feet to the ground and was a 100m away before we even realized it

I was elevating the gun, breaking the belt on the coax and yelling over the engine noise at the driver to hit the second shot for the manual engine halon bottle. His dumb ass flipped the crew compartment bottle switch instead, which is right behind his head in the drivers seat. Because we all had our helmets off and were trying to yell over the turbine, the blast knocked him out for a few seconds and froze his goddamn hair for a second. I saw it all in slow motion under the main gun while I was yelling at him. It was fucking hysterical actually, hair freezing and melting almost instantly

A shit ton of smoke came into the turret from the engine compartment and then the halon came backwards into the turret and sucked all the fucking air of my lungs. I bailed out, jumped on the front slope and hauled the retarded driver out of the hatch and then boogied to a safe distance. That back deck was toast, flame all around the bustle rack on the back of the turret and some of the road wheels caught on fire, but the platoon sergeant pulled the external emergency T handle and the main bottle went off finally and killed the bulk of it. The rest we got with hand helds

I don't know if the tank was a total loss but at least the main gun ammo didn't cook off from the heat so they may have been able to salvage the hull

Lucky also it wasn't our track or all our gear would have been in the bustle rack and gone up with it. Because it was a bitch tank it just ate a water cooler and the shitty 5 gallon plastic jerry can you drank your 100 degree water from got taken by the fire gods, but it could have been worse

Your tax dollars paid for that, so thanks actually, I appreciate it

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
That’s a scary, crazy story.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Talk about  "Breaking track".....
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Observers said that because of the smoke the loader looked like a fucking ICBM coming out of the silo when he jumped and ran for his life. I would have liked to have seen that lol

We forever called him Molohosky, the Incredible Exploding Loader

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's a scary, crazy story.
View Quote
You know when you're young and stupid you never really care about that shit, you're probably too dumb to realize how dangerous it was, and it all happens so fast. We had a good laugh and snickered that uncle sam lost a POS tank because it wasn't our money, but looking back, yeah, there was some risk there for sure. Low I think but more than we gave it credit for
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#8]
The greatest sound in the world

M1A2 Abrams SEP V2 start-up

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#9]
What are you doing, step tree?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Your shipment of fail has arrived, please back in here to unload
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Used to be another tanker here in 24/354 land.

Did he get banned or get bored with it?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

who dat?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Pree crazy story tho.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Acc
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I didnt hate that guy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#17]
got a new 511 belt in the mail today.  mine was worn out.  i seal nao
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#18]
my mailman said he has to work til 9pm.  they keep losing employees.

this shit is going to get worse...
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The super abbreviated version is that we were locked and loaded for a platoon tank table 12. We were on a floater tank that was usually bitched out for parts and treated like a 2 dollar hooker, and she finally got pissed. The engine caught fire but the automatic halon system failed to activate and the whole deck was engulfed in flames as it burned JP8 fuel and all the wiring back there. At same time the turret was pointing forward which meant the ammo stowage is right over the flame and was potentially going to ingnite and blowout. We had M1A1s and were using the 120mm combustable ammo, so big fires are no bueno. If even one goes off inside the turret everyone is pretty much cooked instantly despite the Nomex we wore. In this case the ammo doors were shut but you damn sure didn't want the ammo cooking off when you coming out of the hatches to escape, the blowout panels are on top and you'd likely get cooked on the way out

I was in the gunner's seat shooting for my platoon sergeant because his gunner was at sick call or some shit that day. Main gun was loaded and I was just about to test fire the coax when the track lost all power. I had literally said 'on the way' and squeezed the trigger when the power went off. Lights, comms, everything...but the engine was still running which was a big proble. It should have aborted when the power died but like I said this was an angry tank and it could defy the engineering physics

The loader said fuck the emergency fire procedures and jumped off the turret roof 10 feet to the ground and was a 100m away before we even realized it

I was elevating the gun, breaking the belt on the coax and yelling over the engine noise at the driver to hit the second shot for the manual engine halon bottle. His dumb ass flipped the crew compartment bottle switch instead, which is right behind his head in the drivers seat. Because we all had our helmets off and were trying to yell over the turbine, the blast knocked him out for a few seconds and froze his goddamn hair for a second. I saw it all in slow motion under the main gun while I was yelling at him. It was fucking hysterical actually, hair freezing and melting almost instantly

A shit ton of smoke came into the turret from the engine compartment and then the halon came backwards into the turret and sucked all the fucking air of my lungs. I bailed out, jumped on the front slope and hauled the retarded driver out of the hatch and then boogied to a safe distance. That back deck was toast, flame all around the bustle rack on the back of the turret and some of the road wheels caught on fire, but the platoon sergeant pulled the external emergency T handle and the main bottle went off finally and killed the bulk of it. The rest we got with hand helds

I don't know if the tank was a total loss but at least the main gun ammo didn't cook off from the heat so they may have been able to salvage the hull

Lucky also it wasn't our track or all our gear would have been in the bustle rack and gone up with it. Because it was a bitch tank it just a water cooler and the shitty 5 gallon plastic jerry can you drank your 100 degree water from got taken by the fire gods, but it could have been worse

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You had my curiosity...

Now, you have my attention.

Story please....

Lucky also it wasn't our track or all our gear would have been in the bustle rack and gone up with it. Because it was a bitch tank it just a water cooler and the shitty 5 gallon plastic jerry can you drank your 100 degree water from got taken by the fire gods, but it could have been worse

Jesus fuck dude
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#21]
First gig since October tonight , Hope the rain holds out
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I like the Mel Gibson reference.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You know when you're young and stupid you never really care about that shit, you're probably too dumb to realize how dangerous it was, and it all happens so fast. We had a good laugh and snickered that uncle sam lost a POS tank because it wasn't our money, but looking back, yeah, there was some risk there for sure. Low I think but more than we gave it credit for
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a scary, crazy story.

I’ve done some dumb stuff in my younger days but nothing remotely close to that story.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Should be able to pull the meats and let rest for a couple hours soon
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well there's your problem, when you changed it to 24/365 he's still at the old 354 coordinates. We aren't that good with navigation yo
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#26]

It was goooood

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I didnt hate that guy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#28]
RSV all up in this house.

Duckski just getting over it, both imps in the thick of it, and just starting up for me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Duckski just getting over it, both imps in the thick of it, and just starting up for me.
View Quote

Oofta
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

i just got over it.  takes me about a week to clear all the snot out

people kept telling me to go get tested for rona.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fucking epic.

You're welcome for my tax doll hairs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Y'all are a sickly bunch. Stop that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where you playing?

Any other bands??
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Where you playing?

Any other bands??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where you playing?

Any other bands??
J&S Roadhouse which is the old Mountain Rest in West Milford , just us playing , its the re-opening since they banged up for the winter. Back in the day this place was a bar with a shooting range out back ( shotgun and pistol) , I guess the range shut down in the mid 80's due to insurance and pressure from the town . Just us tonight
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

That sucks
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
J&S Roadhouse which is the old Mountain Rest in West Milford , just us playing , its the re-opening since they banged up for the winter. Back in the day this place was a bar with a shooting range out back ( shotgun and pistol) , I guess the range shut down in the mid 80's due to insurance and pressure from the town . Just us tonight
View Quote

I remember Mountain Rest.

That place was always a good time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive been going there since the mid 70's , Im friends with the owners they have really done a great job with the place , built an awesome pavilion with outdoor bar ,  bunch of  picnic tables all over and a firepit , one of my favorite places to play or hang at .  And its 15 minutes from home which makes it even better
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive been going there since the mid 70's , Im friends with the owners they have really done a great job with the place , built an awesome pavilion with outdoor bar ,  bunch of  picnic tables all over and a firepit , one of my favorite places to play or hang at .  And its 15 minutes from home which makes it even better
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Home

Getting my dranking on.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Well right now the wife's already preggers, so don't have to worry about that for a few months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As I sip my coffee I feel like there will be so many opportunities for me to get the tractor stuck today

If you're ever not sure how, ask Stuck.

But that's how you gets lots of babbies

Well right now the wife's already preggers, so don't have to worry about that for a few months.

After our first, the wife went in for her 4 or 6 week appt. The one where the doc greenlights activities again.

She came home to me wearing a shirt that said Sex Fest 2005
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I still haven't shot under noodles
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now I really want to do the night run at FO

DI,F

I still haven't shot under noodles

Neither have I
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The cake spoon is a lie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what people say

I think it's a lie though

The cake spoon is a lie.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
We’re at the stall now boyos
View Quote

Pinch it off and get back to cooking.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I am le tired.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Home

Getting my dranking on.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You had my curiosity...

Story please....

Well damn. That'd be some pucker factor.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You had my curiosity...

Story please....

Glad all y'all are still with us.
Page / 77
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top