BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 77
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I taught my dog to fetch using a rolled up sock. That was a big mistake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So this ornery little shit . . .

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177960/Screenshot_20210410-103212_png-1899585.JPG

I looked down and he's got one of my socks between his paws, and I ask him "And what's that between your paws mister?"

So he reaches over and picks up the other one.

Then the wife starts laughing and says "Look, he's helping you pick them up so you can put them in the laundry basket."

I taught my dog to fetch using a rolled up sock. That was a big mistake.

I bet
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Going fast enough to do that, in reverse? I'd lay money there was a drunk male driving that
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]

That looks both healthy and like way too much work.
I need to start meal preping again.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Y'all are a sickly bunch. Stop that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RSV all up in this house.

Duckski just getting over it, both imps in the thick of it, and just starting up for me.

Y'all are a sickly bunch. Stop that.

If it ain’t one, it’s another.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Duckski just getting over it, both imps in the thick of it, and just starting up for me.
View Quote

Well that's less than ideal.
At least you already got your run done for SE?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly so. I still plan on being there on Friday, so I hope you’re sticking around at least that long.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#7]
There’s something to be said for not procrastinating. Imagine running with a broken toe and RSV!
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First gig since October tonight , Hope the rain holds out
View Quote

Music?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Should be able to pull the meats and let rest for a couple hours soon
View Quote

I like to rest for a couple hours after pulling my meats, too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Exactly so. I still plan on being there on Friday, so I hope you’re sticking around at least that long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't be getting there until late Thursday night (12hrs drive time that day plus stops), so you should get to see me fall in the pond again
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Are you bringing any pups this year?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
J&S Roadhouse which is the old Mountain Rest in West Milford , just us playing , its the re-opening since they banged up for the winter. Back in the day this place was a bar with a shooting range out back ( shotgun and pistol) , I guess the range shut down in the mid 80's due to insurance and pressure from the town . Just us tonight
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
First gig since October tonight , Hope the rain holds out

Where you playing?

Any other bands??
J&S Roadhouse which is the old Mountain Rest in West Milford , just us playing , its the re-opening since they banged up for the winter. Back in the day this place was a bar with a shooting range out back ( shotgun and pistol) , I guess the range shut down in the mid 80's due to insurance and pressure from the town . Just us tonight

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are you bringing any pups this year?
View Quote

One of them. Not sure if Simo or Bo yet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Salem and Richard would not appreciate the experience.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There’s something to be said for not procrastinating. Imagine running with a broken toe and RSV!
View Quote

OOF
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uhhh...

SD....

What's RSV?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Uhhh...

SD....

What's RSV?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhhh...

SD....

What's RSV?

A respiratory virus. Fevers, tons of mucus, sore throat, barking cough, aching sinuses, etc. Adults usually have an easier time of it than kids, and it can be fatal in babies and the elderly/immunocompromised.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The cake is a lie.
View Quote

That's what I assume
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Pizza for dinner
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My youngest shooting a couple weeks ago at the range where Flyover is held.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NymYcG1C7U0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just like shooting during the day.

Totally the same thing.

Thats what people say

I think it's a lie though

My youngest shooting a couple weeks ago at the range where Flyover is held.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NymYcG1C7U0

Solid shooting!
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Neither have I
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now I really want to do the night run at FO

DI,F

I still haven't shot under noodles

Neither have I

Maybe one day
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am le tired.
View Quote

Well take a nap then fire ze missiles
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Just need to make it happen.

- I need to get some steel targets.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd have to pass on that wonderful experience
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am le tired.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

A respiratory virus. Fevers, tons of mucus, sore throat, barking cough, aching sinuses, etc. Adults usually have an easier time of it than kids, and it can be fatal in babies and the elderly/immunocompromised.
View Quote

Had a wonderful 2AM drive to the nearest hospital (2 hours away) with #3 with the croup.  Thought it was RSV.  When the Dr. said we are testing for it, I politely went and threw up outside.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Had a wonderful 2AM drive to the nearest hospital (2 hours away) with #3 with the croup.  Thought it was RSV.  When the Dr. said we are testing for it, I politely went and threw up outside.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sick kiddos are the worst thing ever
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What in the actual fuck is wrong with you people keeping things like that near your families?????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My grandmothers.  My parents remodeled the house my grandmother grew up in.  This stays in what was originally her room.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/439986/7AB9B736-6D9E-4C3E-A07E-BA7C68BA3DE0_jpe-1899090.JPG

What in the actual fuck is wrong with you people keeping things like that near your families?????

It sits on the table under the 1924 photo that has the eyes that follow you around the room.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Heroin and Cocaine???

Weird...

But, you do you, Boo...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Replace that with heroin and we got ourselves a party

Heroin and Cocaine???

Weird...

But, you do you, Boo...

Naaaah maaaan, me and Willie just smoke some grass, maaaaan.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

At work, so
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rise and shine

NO

I’ll drag you out of bed

At work, so

Well, being at work is so wrong in itself
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Morning all.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rise and shine

NO

I’ll drag you out of bed

At work, so

Agreed
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Finally watching Flannel Daddy shooting some skullz
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So this ornery little shit . . .

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177960/Screenshot_20210410-103212_png-1899585.JPG

I looked down and he's got one of my socks between his paws, and I ask him "And what's that between your paws mister?"

So he reaches over and picks up the other one.

Then the wife starts laughing and says "Look, he's helping you pick them up so you can put them in the laundry basket."

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That's for damn sure. I'd take at least bronze in the stupid ways you get your tractor stuck olympics. Oddly enough (and knock on wood) but I still haven't got the raptor stuck anywhere and I've been in some pretty gnarly stuff. Proof that the 6.2L is the chariot of the Gods

I had a couple fakers hand waving and pretending to contribute by asking 'concerned' questions about wordy word words, but I got them run off and got some time from a couple of my guys who are good at their part of the SOW. I did my part too, kept the team moving and didn't end up having to pull one of those bullshit allnighter all hands on deck circle jerk sessions. Leadership was happy, and I think we've covered our risk. The client is already going to sign but they hate our rate card and so asked for the exact same work fixed fee instead of T&M

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While this is solid advice, I think TX dude has a pretty good handle on it
That's for damn sure. I'd take at least bronze in the stupid ways you get your tractor stuck olympics. Oddly enough (and knock on wood) but I still haven't got the raptor stuck anywhere and I've been in some pretty gnarly stuff. Proof that the 6.2L is the chariot of the Gods

Quoted:
Yesterday morning go well at work?

I had a couple fakers hand waving and pretending to contribute by asking 'concerned' questions about wordy word words, but I got them run off and got some time from a couple of my guys who are good at their part of the SOW. I did my part too, kept the team moving and didn't end up having to pull one of those bullshit allnighter all hands on deck circle jerk sessions. Leadership was happy, and I think we've covered our risk. The client is already going to sign but they hate our rate card and so asked for the exact same work fixed fee instead of T&M

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Good price
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The super abbreviated version is that we were locked and loaded for a platoon tank table 12. We were on a floater tank that was usually bitched out for parts and treated like a 2 dollar hooker, and she finally got pissed. The engine caught fire but the automatic halon system failed to activate and the whole deck was engulfed in flames as it burned JP8 fuel and all the wiring back there. At same time the turret was pointing forward which meant the ammo stowage is right over the flame and was potentially going to ingnite and blowout. We had M1A1s and were using the 120mm combustable ammo, so big fires are no bueno. If even one goes off inside the turret everyone is pretty much cooked instantly despite the Nomex we wore. In this case the ammo doors were shut but you damn sure didn't want the ammo cooking off when you coming out of the hatches to escape, the blowout panels are on top and you'd likely get cooked on the way out

I was in the gunner's seat shooting for my platoon sergeant because his gunner was at sick call or some shit that day. Main gun was loaded and I was just about to test fire the coax when the track lost all power. I had literally said 'on the way' and squeezed the trigger when the power went off. Lights, comms, everything...but the engine was still running which was a big proble. It should have aborted when the power died but like I said this was an angry tank and it could defy the engineering physics

The loader said fuck the emergency fire procedures and jumped off the turret roof 10 feet to the ground and was a 100m away before we even realized it

I was elevating the gun, breaking the belt on the coax and yelling over the engine noise at the driver to hit the second shot for the manual engine halon bottle. His dumb ass flipped the crew compartment bottle switch instead, which is right behind his head in the drivers seat. Because we all had our helmets off and were trying to yell over the turbine, the blast knocked him out for a few seconds and froze his goddamn hair for a second. I saw it all in slow motion under the main gun while I was yelling at him. It was fucking hysterical actually, hair freezing and melting almost instantly

A shit ton of smoke came into the turret from the engine compartment and then the halon came backwards into the turret and sucked all the fucking air of my lungs. I bailed out, jumped on the front slope and hauled the retarded driver out of the hatch and then boogied to a safe distance. That back deck was toast, flame all around the bustle rack on the back of the turret and some of the road wheels caught on fire, but the platoon sergeant pulled the external emergency T handle and the main bottle went off finally and killed the bulk of it. The rest we got with hand helds

I don't know if the tank was a total loss but at least the main gun ammo didn't cook off from the heat so they may have been able to salvage the hull

Lucky also it wasn't our track or all our gear would have been in the bustle rack and gone up with it. Because it was a bitch tank it just a water cooler and the shitty 5 gallon plastic jerry can you drank your 100 degree water from got taken by the fire gods, but it could have been worse

Your tax dollars paid for that, so thanks actually, I appreciate it

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You had my curiosity...

Now, you have my attention.

Story please....
The super abbreviated version is that we were locked and loaded for a platoon tank table 12. We were on a floater tank that was usually bitched out for parts and treated like a 2 dollar hooker, and she finally got pissed. The engine caught fire but the automatic halon system failed to activate and the whole deck was engulfed in flames as it burned JP8 fuel and all the wiring back there. At same time the turret was pointing forward which meant the ammo stowage is right over the flame and was potentially going to ingnite and blowout. We had M1A1s and were using the 120mm combustable ammo, so big fires are no bueno. If even one goes off inside the turret everyone is pretty much cooked instantly despite the Nomex we wore. In this case the ammo doors were shut but you damn sure didn't want the ammo cooking off when you coming out of the hatches to escape, the blowout panels are on top and you'd likely get cooked on the way out

I was in the gunner's seat shooting for my platoon sergeant because his gunner was at sick call or some shit that day. Main gun was loaded and I was just about to test fire the coax when the track lost all power. I had literally said 'on the way' and squeezed the trigger when the power went off. Lights, comms, everything...but the engine was still running which was a big proble. It should have aborted when the power died but like I said this was an angry tank and it could defy the engineering physics

The loader said fuck the emergency fire procedures and jumped off the turret roof 10 feet to the ground and was a 100m away before we even realized it

I was elevating the gun, breaking the belt on the coax and yelling over the engine noise at the driver to hit the second shot for the manual engine halon bottle. His dumb ass flipped the crew compartment bottle switch instead, which is right behind his head in the drivers seat. Because we all had our helmets off and were trying to yell over the turbine, the blast knocked him out for a few seconds and froze his goddamn hair for a second. I saw it all in slow motion under the main gun while I was yelling at him. It was fucking hysterical actually, hair freezing and melting almost instantly

A shit ton of smoke came into the turret from the engine compartment and then the halon came backwards into the turret and sucked all the fucking air of my lungs. I bailed out, jumped on the front slope and hauled the retarded driver out of the hatch and then boogied to a safe distance. That back deck was toast, flame all around the bustle rack on the back of the turret and some of the road wheels caught on fire, but the platoon sergeant pulled the external emergency T handle and the main bottle went off finally and killed the bulk of it. The rest we got with hand helds

I don't know if the tank was a total loss but at least the main gun ammo didn't cook off from the heat so they may have been able to salvage the hull

Lucky also it wasn't our track or all our gear would have been in the bustle rack and gone up with it. Because it was a bitch tank it just a water cooler and the shitty 5 gallon plastic jerry can you drank your 100 degree water from got taken by the fire gods, but it could have been worse

Your tax dollars paid for that, so thanks actually, I appreciate it

Wow!
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hope y’all get better quickly
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Clint Smith isn't wrong.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#42]
69 IS MINE
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Clint Smith isn't wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clint Smith isn't wrong.

MEAT FROM BONE
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
69 IS MINE
View Quote

No it isn't
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

MEAT FROM BONE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clint Smith isn't wrong.

MEAT FROM BONE

Shotguns, at the right range, with the right load, will physically remove a chunk of shit off your opponent, and throw that shit on the floor.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#46]
And you will have to get someone to come in and clean that shit up with a shovel.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No it isn't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
69 IS MINE

No it isn't

Yes, it is

I already called dibs
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yes, it is

I already called dibs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
69 IS MINE

No it isn't

Yes, it is

I already called dibs

But you came early
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#49]
-she
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Shotguns, at the right range, with the right load, will physically remove a chunk of shit off your opponent, and throw that shit on the floor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clint Smith isn't wrong.

MEAT FROM BONE

While that is true, there is also the very limited capacity, lots of recoil, hard to reload, etc, etc
Page / 77
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top