Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no compact / full size striker fired gun i like better that Glocks.
Sig 320s are Great but i am not interrested in paying more for the gun + 50$ a Magazine when i have plenty of reliable Glock Mags allready and the are 15$ for a Magpul one.

I disliked every other striker fired poly Gun i ever tried - either terrible grip, trigger, balance
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#2]
The new Beretta sounds pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
S&W mp 9 m2.0 PC is a sweet option. Tuned action/slide, trigger,  ported slide / barrel optics ready suppressor sights. Hold 17rds.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just stay with Glock
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wanting to try the CSX ...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I prefer M&Ps myself. They may not be better than Glocks, but they are better for me.

Wanting to try the CSX ...

The csx is my daily carry. Replaced my sig p938. I love everything about it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Walther PDP.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I prefer M&Ps myself. They may not be better than Glocks, but they are better for me.
View Quote

colKlink is right. the M&P series just fit my hand and my eye.  maybe not yours, I suggest people rent a 2.0 in their chosen caliber.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#8]

End thread
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Love my CZ P10f
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
invest in ammo for your glock(s) and training instead.
View Quote

I've essentially done this
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I’ve seen those failures. I’ve seen XDs deadlined due to failures.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
XD, XDM, XDm2....metal trigger that doesn't get mushy, metal sights, metal mags. Never met an actual owner of an XD or former owner that had any issues with the grip safety causing a failure to fire. If you have issues engaging the grip safety on an XD then likely you pee sitting down and you should go make me a sammich.

I’ve seen those failures. I’ve seen XDs deadlined due to failures.

Grip safety failures or others?  Genuinely curious.  You can find real world examples of all weapon systems failing at some point.  Very few folks can point to either personal experience or other evidence that's anything more than anecdotal (regarding most things frankly).  The only consistent knock on the XD's seems to be the use of a roll pin retaining the striker.  No idea why SA never switched to a coil pin.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Grip safety failures or others?  Genuinely curious.  You can find real world examples of all weapon systems failing at some point.  Very few folks can point to either personal experience or other evidence that's anything more than anecdotal (regarding most things frankly).  The only consistent knock on the XD's seems to be the use of a roll pin retaining the striker.  No idea why SA never switched to a coil pin.
View Quote

Grip safety failures which are not user serviceable in the field, extractors, the aforementioned striker issue, and magazines which are extremely prone to feed lip damage.

High round count instructors, trainers, and competitive shooters (sponsored shooters aside) don’t really consider XDs a viable option for the reason they fail at a higher rate than other designs in the segment. They’re not Taurus or Kimber bad, but there are better choices.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#14]
HK P7 is a very safe striker fired pistol with a great trigger and low bore axis and its very accurate and reliable.

Walther P99 is another unique striker fired pistol in that it has a decocker and can be carried DA/SA and has double strike capability if a round fails to fire.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#15]
As others have said the M&P 2.0 is my favorite in all sizes. I have spent a lot of money on Gucci guns and Glock clones and the M&P 2.0c and Shield Plus are still my go to carry guns. They fixed everything I don’t like about the Glock.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Both Canik and Beretta win this in both value and features when your comparing to Glock
Not that there is anything wrong with Glock to begin with
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#17]
To me

Walther: I'm a huge fan of the paddle release like on their PPQ M1. Wish they would keep it around on newer models. Also the Q4 SF. Love metal framed pistols.

P320: Love the modular FCU design just because it let's me put a metal frame on the gun, and generally let's me configure the gun how I want. Also makes for an easy 80% build while keeping the gun looking like a factory 320. Unlike the weird looking Polymer 80s for the Glock.

To me, Glock's biggest benefit is what most see as a weakness. Lack of innovation. They don't change things unnecessarily. They picked a design that works and stuck with it. They don't arbitrarily make design changes that make older models essentially obsolete with regards to parts support, like Sig has a habbit of doing.. You can buy a Glock from the 80s or a Glock from 2022 and you know you'll still get parts and support for either one.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#18]
The Walther PPQ is everything a Glock should be
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been carrying a CZ P-10C for a while now.  I was never a striker fired fan until I bought this gun, it had an amazing trigger out of the box, a natural grip angle, and it was $100 cheaper than a Glock 19... Technically even cheaper since it came with night sights and Glocks don't.

The only complaint I have about it is that the grip texture is brutal, and tore up my hands.  A talon grip fixed that issue.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ruger 9e

Cheap is a feature
View Quote

Same reason I shoot a Canik. >$200 cheaper and a far better trigger. I tend not to modify or accessorize so not an issue.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Very nice, innovative pistols. My example doesn't have a manual safety, and the trigger pull is so light it wouldn't be my 1st choice for CCW, but it is my current night stand pistol.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I wanted to like the VP9 and the Walther PDP.

The PDP has an amazing trigger for a striker pistol.

But both models have a derpy slide stop, which get in the way of a thumbs forward grip. They won’t lock back on an empty mag for me
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#23]

The P320 series is unnecessarily large and has a huge bore axis because it’s a hammer fired pistol converted to striker.

For a carry gun I want the most efficient package possible
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The P320 series is unnecessarily large and has a huge bore axis because it’s a hammer fired pistol converted to striker.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

wat

The OP asked, not you so I don't understand the need to tell the guy that it wouldn't work for you
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I carried a G27 for CC for over ten years. I honestly never thought I'd ever replace it. S&W screwed up and made the Shield Plus, then i screwed up and shot one. The G27 has been in the safe ever since.

Features?

My favorites are the new trigger (#1), the length of pull between the palm and trigger (I have large hands...the other micro 9s have too short a LOP, like the P365), it is slender and disappears on my waste and i like the rough texture. The latter was a tad to rough in the beginning, but i toned the roughness down a bit by rubbing it with a leather glove. It is perfect now.

This last year it has prove to be dead reliable. It has a teense more muzzle flip than the old 27, but the bore is a teense higher. That stands to reason. It's physics.

After a year of carrying, the finish is proving to be excellent. Still looks new and zero rust.

After purchase, i laid my G42 380 on top of it for size comparison. That dinky little 42 almost completely hides the Plus....6+1 .380 vs 10+1 9mm. That is some amazing engineering.

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't think there's a striker fired pistol that is better than a Glock but that's just my opinion. The P320 and M&P are equivalent but not quantitatively better. The exception is the G43/G43x/G48 is outclassed by the P365 and M&P Shield Plus in my opinion.

My experience with an M&P9 2.0 has been really good. They were issued and promptly fired several thousand rounds through them bone dry. Not a single malfunction and the only issue they seem to have is the glue holding the tritium vial in the front sight sometimes fails allowing it to fall out. My example still has the original front night sight. We shoot a lot and it's probably north of 10,000 rounds. I would prefer a Glock but that's just personal preference.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I used to think bore axis mattered. Then I started shooting a lot.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#28]
The best factory  trigger I have is the Canik TP9SFX and My favorite grip and feel is the Stoeger STR-9 Combat.
Both  are great striker fired pistols but magazine availability and aftermarket accessories is where the Glock product line is better.
Glock holsters, magazines and accessories/upgrades are just easier to get and there is so much more products for Glock handguns.
I love My "other" handguns but it is a Glock world.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I used to think bore axis mattered. Then I started shooting a lot.
View Quote

It does matter but maybe not as you might think. It's more that it's larger than necessary for carry reasons.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Check out how much smaller the M&P 2.0 Compact is vs the P320 compact

Now if you don't EDC like I do then it doesn't matter, this is just my personal experience in that search for the "perfect" carry gun
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I won't say "better", but I do like my Arex Delta. It is more slender than a Glock and I like the grip angle better. IMO the trigger is better than the earlier Glocks, but not better than a Gen 5.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I won't say "better", but I do like my Arex Delta. It is more slender than a Glock and I like the grip angle better. IMO the trigger is better than the earlier Glocks, but not netter than a Gen 5.
View Quote

Arex Delta Gen2 also lighter than the Glock.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Lots of other pistols are great and have features that may be better than a Glock. I keep coming back the Glock 19 because Glock absolutely fucking nailed the size. It’s the perfect sized handgun. Every time a new Compact comes out that’s the “Glock 19 killer” it turns out to be noticeably more chonky than the 19..
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do want to try one of those
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can be found in the $299 - $329 range (non-optic ready vs optic ready), currently.

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
This, fits MY hands better.
Tried the 43 and Shield 9 side by side. Shield won.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same. I cant do compacts or subcompacts because of my hand size. All full size for me. M&Ps fit my hand better and I have an easier time getting a good shooting grip with them. I found myself fighting with my hands with a Glock 22.

Glocks/M&Ps/Etc. I think it's all about what fits your hand the best and what makes you comfortable.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I switched to the VP9 because I shot it better than my Glocks.

Just because I shoot a VP9 better than a Glock, doesn't mean I would make a blanket statement to the world that the VP9 is a better gun and everyone should switch.  

For me, it's a better choice.  That's it.  Nothing else.

This isn't hard.  Got to a range, rent a few pistols, see how you like them.
View Quote

Ditto.  Had multiple Glock 9mm, started trying other newer guns and settled on the VP9.  It's what works for me, everyone is different.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#38]
are these questions for data mining, or is it wondering how to arm a militia?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Is-a-Subcompact-for-carry-enough-Will-you-want-to-carry-a-bigger-more-gun-in-the-future-/5-2556263/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/The-SHTF-pick-your-melee-weapon-Machete-Sword-Hammer-Hatchet-Dagger-Bat-Other/5-2555234/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/How-did-America-go-from-basic-self-reliance-to-total-reliance-on-others-or-the-Government-/5-2556508/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Video-on-Pre-Assault-Indicators-Anyone-have-other-things-to-add-/5-2177727/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/RMRcc-vs-407k-507k-for-Subcompact-Which-is-better-/5-2555760/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Are-you-going-to-donate-vote-Republican-after-they-pass-new-Anti-Gun-legislation-/5-2555911/

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#39]
CZ P10F is the best fitting/shooting pistol I’ve ever put my hands on.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It’s mostly ergonomics beyond a point.
View Quote

Other then the option for a manual safety, I agree that it is all about ergonomics.  I own or have owned them all.  I carry or have carried them all.  They are all the same.  I currently am going with the M&P Compact with optic or the P365XL without optic.  Both with safety.  They just fit the hand best.  

I like the safety because I grew up with the 1911 so muscle memory is always looking for it, and I do not feel comfortable holstering a pistol in an IWB holster with a round in the chamber without a manual safety.  Either old school, safe or paranoid.  Not sure which.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The PPQ has probably the best trigger of any plastic gun.  

Glock is the granddaddy and has a well earned reputation. That's why they're still on top. But for the discerning plastic gun buyer, there are other options just as good. In fact, you have to be a really shitty company to mess up a polymer, striker fired gun these days.
View Quote

For the past 5 years, I've observed Canik in the background.  I never had a great impression of them.  The fact that they were made in Turkey did not inspire a bunch of confidence, either.  When I used to work in a fun store, one of the crappiest firearms we sold were those TriStar shotguns from Turkey.  They were just atrocious.  I think I carried those perceptions over when considering Canik.  

Fast forward to approximately 3 months ago.  My brother and I had stopped at a local gun store to check out some of their hardware.  In one of their cases, they had a Canik SfX Rival.  It was majority gray with some matte gold accents, came with an RDS.  My brother asked the employee if he could see it.  My bro worked the action, broke the trigger and said, "Here, you tell me what you think."  Short response - I was fucking floored.  It pointed well and balanced better.  To top it off, the trigger is fucking ridiculous.  I'd put the Canik Rival trigger against the PPQ any day of the weak.  IMO, the PPQ and the VP9 had the best striker-fired triggers on the market.  I believe the Rival has them beat.  

Canik gives you a quality case with many accessories, which include 3 adapter plates to allow you the choice of most any RDS available on the market.  My only complaint was that they give you only two magazines (18rds) and mags are not easy to get.  Any of you reading this looking for Rival/METE mags, read up on converting Beretta M9 mags.

Admittedly, I am not partial to one striker-fired over another.  Glock, S&W, CZ, HK, Sig, Walther, Canik, etc...are all making great striker-fired pistols.  I always told folks to purchase what was most comfortable to them.  Did the pistol fit their hand? Did it balance and point well for them? I believe those details are more important than manufacturer.

I will say, for 600.00, Canik gives you a lot of pistol, but get whatever fits you best.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:15:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I have qualified Expert or Distinguished Expert with the G19 for 20 years with my outfit. They are accurate, reliable, and durable - they also don't fit me worth a tinker's damn. I was never interested in owning a striker fired pistol until I met the CZ P-10C. Now, I have several P-10s series pistols and am quite happy. Even the P-10S is JUST barely large enough for me to fit it in my hand, and it shoots like a much bigger pistol. Aftermarket support is not the greatest, but holsters for the G-19 GENERALLY fit the P-10C, not always, but generally. Mine is an original 2017 FDE that rides with me every single day.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#43]
That's kind of subjective.

I own and like Glock pistols just fine, but most other contemporary guns offer you better features. I would take M&Ps, Berettas, FNs, and Walther's PPQ line over any Glock, except the 17Ls. I dig big bitches.

I don't own Sigs or HKs.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Kahr are striker fired.  I never had a problem with them, but switched to the G43 because of ease of gunsmithing, which I couldn’t do with a kahr.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Is-a-Subcompact-for-carry-enough-Will-you-want-to-carry-a-bigger-more-gun-in-the-future-/5-2556263/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/The-SHTF-pick-your-melee-weapon-Machete-Sword-Hammer-Hatchet-Dagger-Bat-Other/5-2555234/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/How-did-America-go-from-basic-self-reliance-to-total-reliance-on-others-or-the-Government-/5-2556508/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Video-on-Pre-Assault-Indicators-Anyone-have-other-things-to-add-/5-2177727/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/RMRcc-vs-407k-507k-for-Subcompact-Which-is-better-/5-2555760/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Are-you-going-to-donate-vote-Republican-after-they-pass-new-Anti-Gun-legislation-/5-2555911/

View Quote

It's definitely been a pattern of sorts that I was starting to notice as well.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Canik combat elite
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#47]
HK P7M13

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

People ask gun questions on a gun forum and they're data mining?

Get a life.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:22:07 PM EDT
[#49]
To answer:

I have a G17.5/G43/G48

I also have the following striker pistols:

320 X5 Legion with a DPP RDS otherwise unmodified.
Performance Center M&P 9mm with an Apex trigger setup.
Bone stock Walther PDP.

I shoot all 3 better than any of the Glocks, although the G17.5 is fairly close(it has an aftermarket trigger/bar, connector, and springs though).

For EDC I always choose an unmodified Glock for reliability(the 48, or my Hellcat).

Depends what you're going to do with it, but as stated earlier, TONS of really good striker fired pistols out there.

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Walther PDP.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top