Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]

A lot of people neglect the Delta Flyer;

and the Akira Class;

and the Equinox;

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I seem to remember Space 1999 having another type of Eagle, possibly an alien ship with red paint. I haven't seen an episode of that show since the early 80's, Anybody got a pic of this ship?? Thanks, Bill
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I seem to remember Space 1999 having another type of Eagle, possibly an alien ship with red paint. I haven't seen an episode of that show since the early 80's, Anybody got a pic of this ship?? Thanks, Bill

Hawk

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hawk

http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/main/models/hawk/imhawk3.jpg

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And how many unarmed people did Solo shoot in his movies? Did he toss any stormtroopers into the Falcon's engine?

This.  Capt. Reynolds makes Han Solo look like the ––––- that he is.

Mal's cool and all, but I think that too many of you have been watching the revised Star Wars where Greedo shoots first.  In the real Star Wars universe, Han Shot first.  Also, be sure to google Correllian Blood Stripe for further education.  

Eh...Mal didn't wait for someone to point a gun in his face to shoot. Google the Battle of Serenity Valley.

And while Solo might of been neutered in Star Wars by Lucass, he still was a badass in Empire when they met Vader. I'll give ya that.

We need a definitive answer...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course, the ONLY possible answer is this.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn40/bub75/battlestar_galactica.jpg

Which one of your piddly, measley ships can survive the end of your civilization, survive several point-blank nukes, fight several major battles, jump into the atmosphere of a planet, launch it's fighters, drop almost 100,000 feet while burning up, then proceed to jump back out, fight a major battle, survive (albeit with MAJOR, but not incapacitating damage), then proceed to fight some major battles for another year or better, all with NO major maintenance or refit in 3 or 4 years?

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn40/bub75/animaniac_bsg_12_1280x960.jpg

End of frackin' thread!

Bub75

This.

The Battlestar Galactica will always be the ultimate warship for me.  Nothing would be cooler then launching a Viper out of one of those launch tubes and going out to fry some frak'in Toasters.

+1. But I call dibs on Thrace.

ETA: And at least one or two Sixes.

You can have all the Sixes you want. I want ALL the Eights! AND Dee!

Bub75
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And how many unarmed people did Solo shoot in his movies? Did he toss any stormtroopers into the Falcon's engine?

Mal's cool and all, but I think that too many of you have been watching the revised Star Wars where Greedo shoots first.  In the real Star Wars universe, Han Shot first.  Also, be sure to google Correllian Blood Stripe for further education.  

Eh...Mal didn't wait for someone to point a gun in his face to shoot. Google the Battle of Serenity Valley.

And while Solo might of been neutered in Star Wars by Lucass, he still was a badass in Empire when they met Vader. I'll give ya that.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7162/6833274355_8c396248ce_z.jpg

The truth is they'd work out some scheme together, then smuggle some shit past the government goons, avoid paying taxes, drink some liquor, kill some assholes, and fuck some bitches, in no particular order.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The Starship Yamato was pretty cool looking...

Agreed

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7162/6833274355_8c396248ce_z.jpg

The truth is they'd work out some scheme together, then smuggle some shit past the government goons, avoid paying taxes, drink some liquor, kill some assholes, and fuck some bitches, in no particular order.

I do believe that by the time Mal and Han were done, the two of them would be running a planet somewhere and have a several harems, plus maybe a fleet running around causing mayhem with the authorities.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do believe that by the time Mal and Han were done, the two of them would be running a planet somewhere and have a several harems, plus maybe a fleet running around causing mayhem with the authorities.

There's the final answer(s)

Or both flat broke and on the run again
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Either way, it'd be a great show/movie.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Holy crap I thought I was the only one who knew this ship. I remember it from some of my first childhood memories.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Obscure avatar.
Haven't seen him in a long time.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Needs more giant space cathedrals.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either way, it'd be a great show/movie.

I'll agree with that.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#23]

It is from the "Ships of the Line" Calendar.   It ties in with the book series that has the Columbia Transported to the Gamma Quadrant, where it is wrecked.  There is a killer plot line involving the crew of Columbia merging with a race of Nano-beings, traveling back in time to form the Borg;

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Gatlantis from the Space Yamato series.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Needs more giant space cathedrals.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6150/imperialfleet2.jpg

A little Eterminatus to go with it..

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Another Good Film's fine Shipwork

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#28]

I think someone was reading a lot of James Blish's "Cities in Flight".

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#29]

True story about the Hammerheads...

After they were built they were shipped in containers on a cargo ship to the studios. A couple Russian crewmembers thought they were a new prototype fighter and sent pictures to the Russian government.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

ok, I'm an admitted sci fi geek, but wtf is the fascination with lexx??? it's an effin bug for a spaceship an besides the hot chick(who used to be fat) I do NOT see the fascination with the show. I tried, really, got through like 6 episodes, it sucked, unless you tell me they hired a new writing staff after that I do Not understand why that dumbass show keeps getting brought up. I might as well include quantum leap or seaquest by these standards

It's ALLLLL ABOUT THE PERFECT ARRANGEMENT OF CARBON MOLECULES:  EVA HABERMANN.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#32]
More Catholic Space Nazi space cathedrals:

Also, Soviet Orion Battleship:

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Needs more obscure animated starships....

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Heavy Metal rules!  But Macross/ Robotech will rule all of time!
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Some sort of space rangers cartoon.

Galaxy Rangers.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Obscure

Not so
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#40]

I wish I could afford Forgeworld stuff.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

A lot of it's hand crafted/ modified.  

link

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of it's hand crafted/ modified.  

link

Nice! And it's actually big enough to carry what it's supposed to.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Nice Tripods reference.  Never seen the series but I hear good things about it.

And good call on the Osiris.  The Matrix sequels are much maligned, and I was tremendously bored by the neverending fistfights in such a vividly imagined world, but outside of those the movies had an awful lot of fantastic imagery and scenes.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#44]

I loved those books.

Now my nephews love them.

I started with the serialized comic version in Boys Life magazine when I was a wee lad.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQjq-qzCPiNBtoVJeWCpYdIDuFJyFqCde-98AhrGoqH17OPSoF

Alll, I'm gonna say is that the dreadnought class makes any federation ship look like a dinghy, battlestars have no chance, SG1 faghetaboutait,

an if anyone counters with that godawful show lexx I'll skull f*CK you till your children remember it

HERETIC!

You are hereby sentenced to be held captive by Sub-Nebulae Mercenaries. May his merciful shadow fall upon you...

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Captain Harlocks Arcadia.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Supposed to be a live action movie coming out (like Yamoto).

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... can't sneak anything past you guys.

Nope.  I was reading Niven before a lot of the youngin's on this board were born.  

This is by far the coolest "space ship" of scifi...

http://www.orbitalvector.com/Megastructures/Ringworlds/Ringworld-small.jpg

http://www.celestialmatters.org/users/rthorvald/wallpaper/th_lying_bastard.png

No dude clearly the coolest ship is a Dyson sphere.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#50]

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top