Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Sisko. In the Pale Moonlight he showed that he was willing to do anything to bring the Romulans into the war with the Dominion, because he knew that without the Romulans the Klingons and the Federation could not hold off a Dominion victory.

Plus I don't care what anybody says the Defiant is a hell of a lot cooler than the Enterprise.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Non of them, all are fucking commies. And I hate commies.

Link Posted: 6/17/2018 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Sisko has a strong pimp hand, but you gotta go with Kirk.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sisko. In the Pale Moonlight he showed that he was willing to do anything to bring the Romulans into the war with the Dominion, because he knew that without the Romulans the Klingons and the Federation could not hold off a Dominion victory.

Plus I don't care what anybody says the Defiant is a hell of a lot cooler than the Enterprise.
View Quote
You are trading comforts for the Defiant's ability to bitch-slap your enemies.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I still consider the original Star Trek series to be one of the greatest shows from the golden age of television.

When "Next Generation" came along, I began to notice the heavy influence of progressive liberalism going on behind the scenes, with the characterizations & the episode scripts, etc.

It was obvious they were promoting an "agenda."

So, one of the things I find interesting about this, is that I see (from this thread only, since I gave up Star Trek ages ago) that "Sisko" is a black character.

Funny how black males are "allowed" to show strong masculine tendencies by network TV, but white males must be portrayed as gender confused, apologetic, weak willed, faggotized type characters.

Nope, no agenda going on there with the network.  Not at all.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn right. I don't need a comfy stateroom, not when I have quantum torpedoes, pulsed phasers, a cloaking device and ablative armor.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#7]
None of those Federation losers. Commander Kruge gets things DONE.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good grief, the system of government in Star Trek is not communism.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then what is it?
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Captain Sheridan...

B5 > Start Trek..  
View Quote
Dang Right
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Federation finally figured out how to armor a ship and rapid fire antimatter warheads. Fancy stuff!
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Then what is it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then what is it?
Post scarcity free market.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I still consider the original Star Trek series to be one of the greatest shows from the golden age of television.

When "Next Generation" came along, I began to notice the heavy influence of progressive liberalism going on behind the scenes, with the characterizations & the episode scripts, etc.

So, one of the things I find interesting about this, is that I see (from this thread only, since I gave up Star Trek ages ago) that "Sisko" is a black character.

Funny how black males are "allowed" to show strong masculine tendencies by network TV, but white males must be portrayed as gender confused, apologetic, weak willed, faggotized type characters.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sisko was just a black John Sheridan.

Both Sheridan and Sinclair were VERY strong masculine characters. On network TV.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Then what is it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then what is it?
Fucking space commies, you know, not the real communism, just another try. They don't tell us that the predecessor of the "Federation" killed millions of dissidents in the so called "third world war" from 2026 through 2053.

Link Posted: 6/17/2018 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dang Right
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Captain Sheridan...

B5 > Start Trek..  
Dang Right
Yep...Sheridan over any of them
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Sisko because fuck your feelings, I’m getting shit done.  Fuck with him, he’ll kill yah dead.

This is why Sisko is the most badass captain

Star Trek DS9 : Capt Sisko Never Surrenders

Captain Sisko orders assassination of Klingon Chancellor Gowron - Star Trek DS9

And this is why when folks ask the question of Picard or Kirk, it’s Ben motherfuckin pimphand Sisko who gets my vote.

ST Deep Space Nine "In The Pale Moonlight" End Monologue
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Kirk.  Lots of green chicks around.
View Quote
Hope you enjoy Kirk’s sloppy seconds.

Also, no Capt. Pike option?
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#19]
In a world with matter replicators / transporters that are powered by matter-antimatter reactors, what type of economic system makes sense?

Nothing like we know now. The only scarcity is land and life experience, but with holodecks, warp drive and terraforming, even location and life experience seem not to be scarce.

In that economy, what is trade based on? How is there a basis for currency?

In such a hypothetical utopia, it is not hard to imagine "the betterment of ourselves" being among the few worthwhile challenges (to include space exploration) outside of a holo-videogame.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why?
View Quote
Kirk.

Because Kirk gets all the pussy and isn't one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Picard
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Janeway, cuz if I'm under her, at least there's boobs.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
She'd kill you for a cup of coffee and lecture you why it was good for the crew...while Neelix talks about a folksy replacement for coffee made from warp plasma and his own ear wax.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
She'd kill you for a cup of coffee and lecture you why it was good for the crew...while Neelix talks about a folksy replacement for coffee made from warp plasma and his own ear wax.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Janeway.

I always wanted to bang a Captain.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Janeway.

I always wanted to bang a Captain.
View Quote
You would learn the true meaning of international women's day.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Dax when she commanded the Defiant.

You know why.
View Quote
Perhaps today IS a good day to die!

Oh wait, that was Worf commanding the Defiant.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep...Sheridan over any of them
View Quote
Glad to see a few other sane minds around here.  Cheers guys!
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Janeway would have been keelhauled by her crew after the second time she passed on a way home due to the prime directive...  Shit maybe even the first time...
View Quote
I don't know. You join Starfleet to see the galaxy. Janeway is on the other side of the galaxy.

I'm rewatching Voyager right now because of this thread and I'm seeing Janeway in a slightly different light.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Sisko, and it's not close.

Sisko has the best leadership talents, period.  He knows when to talk and when to fight.  When it's time to fight, he doesn't half ass it and he does what he needs to to win.  He doesn't get into fair fights.  He wins fights.  He's a born winner.

Kirk would be OK, he's good in a scrap and has leadership qualities as well.  Seems to really like the alien poon, however, so isn't quite as productive.  His casualty rates are rather on the high side too.

Picard is really good at taking the high road while getting the crap kicked out of him.  I'll pass on that.

Archer is a moron who could screw up a county fair.  He also has no sense of ethics.  This is the guy who decided allowing a sentient species to go extinct when he had the power to easily save them was somehow serving the plan of "evolution."  There is so much wrong with that it's hard for me to categorize it in one short post, but suffice to say, I wouldn't piss on Archer if he were on fire.

Janeway is the worst of the lot, and also qualifies as the most evil of all ST villains.  She is an extreme psychopath and sadist who derives great pleasure in the suffering of her crew.  She would've fit right in as the chief torturer in a petty medieval kingdom.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bitch slapping enemies is comfortable.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:31:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Give DS9 a chance before judging it.  I don't know what they were thinking or how it was managed, but a lot of DS9 is very anti-SJW.  Sisko is a great character not because he's the 'black captain.'  He's great because he's a hell of a captain.  The fact that he's black doesn't enter into that, the guy just gets shit done.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sisko because fuck your feelings, I’m getting shit done.  Fuck with him, he’ll kill yah dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGcAbI-4_io

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ExhZ7jXNXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcD9DClrQkg

And this is why when folks ask the question of Picard or Kirk, it’s Ben motherfuckin pimphand Sisko who gets my vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-YyL7X4CWw
View Quote
I have a Mattis boner right now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Both Sheridan and Sinclair were VERY strong masculine characters. On network TV.
View Quote
Lot of truth in this.  They nicknamed Sheridan 'Starkiller'.  When your former enemies give you a name like that, based on your actions in combat, it's high praise indeed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Give DS9 a chance before judging it.  I don't know what they were thinking or how it was managed, but a lot of DS9 is very anti-SJW.  Sisko is a great character not because he's the 'black captain.'  He's great because he's a hell of a captain.  The fact that he's black doesn't enter into that, the guy just gets shit done.
View Quote
DS9 is the best Star Trek because it was conceived by J Michael Straczynski.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lot of truth in this.  They nicknamed Sheridan 'Starkiller'.  When your former enemies give you a name like that, based on your actions in combat, it's high praise indeed.
View Quote
And the only Earth Alliance Commander in the Earth/Minbari war to kill a capital ship.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And the only Earth Alliance Commander in the Earth/Minbari war to kill a capital ship.
View Quote
Guy is a serious badass.  Faced down the Minbari in a war everyone was sure was lost (and was, for all intents and purposes except for a technicality at the end) and was the only to take out a capital ship in the war.  Faced down rogue Minbari later without blinking.  Then went on to face down a race older and more powerful than they are.  Declared his intent to them by doing a suicide bombing with a nuke into their capital city.  Sort of came back from the dead and finished the war with them, while simultaneously fighting and winning a civil war against a fascist dictator on Earth.

Not a man to cross.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Guy is a serious badass.  Faced down the Minbari in a war everyone was sure was lost (and was, for all intents and purposes except for a technicality at the end) and was the only to take out a capital ship in the war.  Faced down rogue Minbari later without blinking.  Then went on to face down a race older and more powerful than they are.  Declared his intent to them by doing a suicide bombing with a nuke into their capital city.  Sort of came back from the dead and finished the war with them, while simultaneously fighting and winning a civil war against a fascist dictator on Earth.

Not a man to cross.
View Quote
Absolutely.

I have said this before, I would love for JMS to pull B5 out of the mothballs and remaster the CGI. Leave everything else alone.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... and lived

(there may have been a Nova captain who kamikazi'd a Minbari cruiser)
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:52:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Symmetry
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 1:03:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Absolutely.

I have said this before, I would love for JMS to pull B5 out of the mothballs and remaster the CGI. Leave everything else alone.
View Quote
Babylon 5 just launched on Amazon prime video, I might have to watch that.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 1:07:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.

I am.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 1:19:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Kickass

Activate defense grid and launch Starfuries!
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 2:58:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wrong
View Quote
And thats why the Dominion attacked the Federation, they tried to free the galaxy from the communists. Too bad they lost.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:21:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
And thats why the Dominion attacked the Federation, they tried to free the galaxy from the communists. Too bad they lost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wrong
The Federation was about as fucked up water on the brain 'tarded as the rest of the socialist states on Earth at the moment.

Emperor Palpatine was Sith and all.... but the man was a technocratic authoritarian. He let folks make money, own weapons, etc.... as long as the people didn't threaten the stability of the Empire and his hokey religion. I'd serve in the Empire.... but never in the Federation.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Absolutely.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Absolutely.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a man to cross.
Absolutely.

Link Posted: 6/18/2018 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have all of the seasons on DVD already.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 9:44:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I saw a couple of episodes in college because my roommate was a fan, but that's it.  I'm putting it on my list.  I loved DS9, and I always hear comparisons.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top