Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m not dismissing OP’s observation.    It’s a very common thing.  However, nobody should be without hope.

You guys remind me daily, how truly blessed I am.    Thank you, with all sincerity.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
time to import a foreign variant, broheim.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its worse if you are single and looking. Im about an hour away from Houston and almost everyone here is obese. Kids too. Its unreal. Now, dont get me wrong, I expect people to gain as they age. Thats normal. And Im not looking for some supermodel, Im not one myself at 196lb 5-10" 47yo. ( heavier than I would like to be for sure ). Sad to say, around here Im thinnner than probably 95% of the adults over 30yo. And Im fat. The VAST majority are disgustingly fat here. I never would have believed it would be like this when I was a kid.

If there is one that is under 160lb, she is bombarded daily by guys because she is so rare now. My ex is not particularly good looking, but is 160lb now ( was 105 when we married ) and guys constantly hit on her.

When I get hit on by plus size gals (at least what I consider plus size), I'm nice about it and make very tiny conversation, I'm not rude.
I coined a phrase many years ago that gets me out of it easily...I tell em "I'm retired from dating" and its a truth unless a gal really gets my attention.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its worse if you are single and looking. Im about an hour away from Houston and almost everyone here is obese. Kids too. Its unreal. Now, dont get me wrong, I expect people to gain as they age. Thats normal. And Im not looking for some supermodel, Im not one myself at 196lb 5-10" 47yo. ( heavier than I would like to be for sure ). Sad to say, around here Im thinnner than probably 95% of the adults over 30yo. And Im fat. The VAST majority are disgustingly fat here. I never would have believed it would be like this when I was a kid.

If there is one that is under 160lb, she is bombarded daily by guys because she is so rare now. My ex is not particularly good looking, but is 160lb now ( was 105 when we married ) and guys constantly hit on her.

What is that going to do for you? The sexual marketplace has been global for at least a decade, at this point.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Depends on your AO. Over here these “women” aren’t even waiting to get married.

People sat around and got fat the last two years.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What is that going to do for you? The sexual marketplace has been global for at least a decade, at this point.
View Quote
We live to fight another day. And after a decent interval of time, well, there are other fish in the sea. You've been out of circulation for a while. You'll be just amazed at what's out there. Thailand, the Czech Republic, I mean, those women are so grateful to even be here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Hello all. First post here but many year lurker.  

My thoughts have changed drastically over the years.  In my teens and twenties I literally couldn’t gain weight or muscle mass despite really trying to do both.  My metabolism was just far to fast.  I never ever thought I would struggle with weight and held similar feelings to those above regarding fat people being disgusting (I still think that BTW). My thirties were great because I could actually lift weights and gain muscle. In my 40’s I suddenly realized I had to be careful.

Now at 55 it’s a struggle holding things under 200.  It’s the same equation for females except they are biologically programmed to hold more weight so it’s even tougher for them.

I watch my older relatives now and realize why they eat very little (it’s not because they want to).  

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hello all. First post here but many year lurker.  

View Quote

Why is your ding dong itchy?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#8]
They’re secure in their marriage and no longer feel the need to compete against other women for a man’s attention.

Their husbands need to step up their game and make their wives feel that they, the husbands, still have other options.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good job for getting better, but... WHY would you say you'd be fat and happy? Wouldn't you rather be fit, strong, and healthy? You're saying you'd rather sit on your fat, ever-expanding ass all day stuffing your face with food, and you'd be happy then? You'd be happy wheezing up stairs, enduring back problems, hip problems, knee problems, fighting off diabetes and heart disease with medications that cause depression and anal discharge? That would make you happy? And that would be better than a little self control at the pantry and some outside recreation?

I just don't get why you think you'd be happy as a disgusting, helpless, sick fat body.

I was doing some clinicals for my EMT cert one day at University Hospital and the nurses called me into one of the exam rooms because something was going on. On the table was a 300+ pound woman, legs spread wide, giant pussy on full display. One of the nurses was trying to fish a urinary catheter up in there. But this tub was so fucking fat that the pressure from her adipose tissue had collapsed the urinary tract and now she couldn't perform bodily functions. After giving up, one of the nurses asked if I wanted to give it a try. At this, the tub spread em a little wider and nodded eagerly, as if this was the only male attention she had had the chance to enjoy in quite a while. I had to decline, as I was not authorized to touch patients, nor would I want to try thrusting something into the vaguely defined features of her bloated, disfigured gash. I'm not ashamed to say it, I ran. I just ran. They giggled as I left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

15 years and 3 kids later I was fat.  But so was he.  Then we got better.  

If left to my own devices I could easily be fat and happy.  But THEY wouldn't be happy.  So I keep that shit in check for them.

Good job for getting better, but... WHY would you say you'd be fat and happy? Wouldn't you rather be fit, strong, and healthy? You're saying you'd rather sit on your fat, ever-expanding ass all day stuffing your face with food, and you'd be happy then? You'd be happy wheezing up stairs, enduring back problems, hip problems, knee problems, fighting off diabetes and heart disease with medications that cause depression and anal discharge? That would make you happy? And that would be better than a little self control at the pantry and some outside recreation?

I just don't get why you think you'd be happy as a disgusting, helpless, sick fat body.

I was doing some clinicals for my EMT cert one day at University Hospital and the nurses called me into one of the exam rooms because something was going on. On the table was a 300+ pound woman, legs spread wide, giant pussy on full display. One of the nurses was trying to fish a urinary catheter up in there. But this tub was so fucking fat that the pressure from her adipose tissue had collapsed the urinary tract and now she couldn't perform bodily functions. After giving up, one of the nurses asked if I wanted to give it a try. At this, the tub spread em a little wider and nodded eagerly, as if this was the only male attention she had had the chance to enjoy in quite a while. I had to decline, as I was not authorized to touch patients, nor would I want to try thrusting something into the vaguely defined features of her bloated, disfigured gash. I'm not ashamed to say it, I ran. I just ran. They giggled as I left.

Well, I joke about being on My 600-Pound Life but that's hyperbole.  I couldn't be *morbidly obese to the point of being disabled* happy.  

The nuts and bolts of it is that if it weren't for wanting them to be, if not actually *proud* of me, at least not embarrassed by me, I'd happily eat whatever I want, whenever I want.  When I was fat it didn't particularly bother me.  I had 3 kids, he was fat too, seemed *normal* and just the way it goes when you get older, etc.  Sure, I'd miss thin me from time to time and if I could have snapped my fingers and lost the weight I would have but it wasn't all that important in the grand scheme of things.

We did change our diet when our oldest was a toddler....felt like we needed to set an example for her for healthier eating....but it didn't result in weight loss and at a certain point you just think this is your body's set weight and, while obviously not ideal, it isn't really a hardship.  That human capability for adapting to the situation comes into play and it's just life.  I'm a content (some say lazy ) person by nature.  I'm always happy and settled and where my weight landed on the scale didn't change that.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Because they've locked in a chump and don't have to try any more. If he doesn't like it, the State will allow her to loot him no matter how shitty she has been. Even more rewards await if she's spawned a couple crotch goblins.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Because they've locked in a chump and don't have to try any more. If he doesn't like it, the State will allow her to loot him no matter how shitty she has been. Even more rewards await if she's spawned a couple crotch goblins.
View Quote

That you Spanky?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

87% of GD wood plow

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The old guy always wanted that sports car. Once the kids are out of the house and on their own he probably has available cash he didn't have for many years to spend on such luxuries
View Quote

So he's got happy wife happy life syndrome?

Just because I came along and my little sister came along didn't mean my father surrendered his balls/wallet to our mothers purse...

I've had this conversation too many times to count when discussing raising a family with women I've dated.
Blows their fucking mind you can actually have both... in fact. They get PISSED if you insist with verifiable proof in the form of old photo albums, you can, in fact, have fun, have nice things, have hobbies, go on adventures AND HAVE A FAMILY. You don't drop the kids off somewhere, you include them in on the fun...

What's more comical, is when they meet my sister and she even goes The fuck you mean he can't have/do because you want to get married/have kids? Life doesn't stop simply because ring and kids!

And that is entertaining as all hell-When the women of my family call a tyrant with tits into questioning, they usually eject shortly after as they can't pull the help a sister out card with them...

Never mind the gal pals. They're down right brutal.
There was only 1 I've had that understood you could in fact have both... I almost married her too.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Kids and/or menopause are not kind.

Getting older in general isn't kind of men or women either.

Shit happens.
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Been married almost 50 years. Wife is PISSED at her weight. She's about 10 pounds over what she was when I met her.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I work in a warehouse and one would think being 150lbs overweight is a requirement for employment. No lie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see fat people everywhere. Male and female, young and old. Often, I’m the only non-fat person around, or if I’m not, there’s only one or two others in an entire crowd. No getting around it, the majority of people in first world countries are fat.

I work in a warehouse and one would think being 150lbs overweight is a requirement for employment. No lie.

Do we....work in the same warehouse?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#17]
You can see it coming if you know what to look for.

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How old is she? Mine was in good shape until 40ish, then her appearance and attitude both went to hell.
View Quote

Pushing 70. During mental pause she gained a little weight; but shedded it off when the power surges settled down. She is a size 6 petite.
Me on the other hand, I have not been that successful.    

A word of advice, never complain about the cost of things women like to do and buy to make them more attractive. Take time to thank them for making the effort to make themselves attractive and how proud it makes you feel to be her husband.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
One of the biggest differences I noticed between the SoCal urban kids and the UP rural ones is size.

In SoCal the norm is grotesque obesity in the elementary schools. I lived five doors down from a K-6 school and the children there were uniformly obese by the second and third grades. There were about 10% of the kids that appeared to be of a normal size and weight for a child and another 10% that are approaching roundness they're so plump. At first I thought I might no be remembering my own childhood correctly but when I pulled out class photos from the 1960s and 70s my memory was correct. Looking at the hundred or so kids posed in my classes none of them were obese and only about two of them were called fat back then - they'd fall into the lighter end of today's normal.

Here in rural Michigan the children are a far more healthy size very similar to 50-years ago. The percentage of fat kids is higher here than my midwest upbringings so long ago but they don't even come close to the obesity of SoCal's kids. I would estimate about 90-95% of the Michigan kids are of a normal healthy weight and that last 5-10% are overweight.

The two biggest factors I hear thrown about are diet and exercise with today's highly processed foods and kids sitting around twitching their thumbs in front of a screen.

View Quote

Suburbia parenting SOP is degenerate as fuck to me.

So, they bring the yuppie named butter golems home, let them pig out while playing video games, on phones/tablets with social media.
Only to stop to eat dinner.

The excuses and almost competitive nature of the boxed wine fueled house fraus and house sows is fucking
Seriously. Throw a party and invite everyone over.

@spidey07 has witnessed this too.

The mothers all compete against one another over who's cherub is both the greatest little angel in the world while simultaneously being the most retarded and addled by health disorders.

You'll hear things like...
Johnny is on the spectrum...
Excuse me, what? I'd slap the taste out of her mouth if she were my wife. You don't go bragging over how fucked up the kid is you fucking moron, you brag about their overcoming challenges, growing into someone you're proud to call your son/daughter! Not excuse a lack of discipline with parenting in pill form, how allergic they are to everything.
I don't buy it.

I have started some hilarious verbal battles resulting in a munchausen suffering mentally ill woman rewarded with kids and ring, breaking down into tears and screaming.

I don't buy it for one second the kids are all retarded or suffer from debilitating allergies to everything in existence.
Oh we're gluten free because junior...
Strange. I just gave him something to snack on that isn't gluten free, he doesn't seem to be struggling for air or breaking out in a rash or blowing his ass out while barfing at the same time so... I think you need your head checked...

Oh, he's autistic/on the spectrumz!
No. He's shy because you stunted his growth by locking him inside with video games rather than go make friends and do things with friends out of fear he'll get hurt... he's a boy... it's what we do when we are boys... we get hurt. It's your job as mom to slap a bandaid on that skinned knee, send us back out to take that bike off more jumps and encourage us to learn from that failed landing you moron... not protect us from ourselves.

Oh he's got the ADD/ADHD
No. He has a lack of a foot in his ass when he's deserved it, and it doesn't help you hop him up on straight sugar in the morning and send him off to be a fidgeting distraction hyper charged on stimulating sugar. That doesn't justify a pill... that should be as simple as making the kid a real breakfast.. but half you dipshits can't cook so cereal and sugar on top it is. I'd like to see you load up on sugar and be told to sit still listen for 8 hours.
ADD/ADHD my ass.

There are parents who truly do have kids that have legitimate disabilities. This is degenerate to glorify your piss poor parenting and claim they're just as disabled as those who truly are. Shame on you.

I don't know what it is with cityiots and suburbanites... us hicks in the sticks didn't have overwhelming disorders-curable with a pill...
The few that did? That wasn't something mom or dad bragged about for attention/validation... that was something they kept a secret. For 2 reasons.
1. If the kid is that fucked up? Truly, honestly, sadly, afflicted with a legitimate disorder? Mommy and daddy didn't go to bbq/block parties and brag... they were home tending to their kids needs.
2. That shit wasn't something to be proud of.
Most resented themselves blamed themselves for having kids with health issues. Not using it for attention.

Here in dah burbz? You're the fucked up one if your kid isn't on some spectrum, down with some disorder, on a slew of pills, allergic to everything, and you're the fucked up one if you insist they be active/creative outdoors instead of cooped up with junk food and video games.

Must be something in that town/city treated water if everyone's kid is all sorts of fucked up...
I don't buy it. I knew kids with legitimate disorders.

These kids? Lack of discipline, poor parenting, and poor diets.
Munchausen mommy will tell you different though.

I don't buy it. I don't believe it. They do the shit for attention through their kid and that's disgusting.
There's people who actually have kids with legitimate health issues out there... these munchausen suffering fools should have their head examined for it. I do find it repulsive.

And lock them in their rooms to be anti social... then wonder why they're uncomfortable in social settings? Yeah, boxed wine fueled mother of the year award for that one.
Easier to blame it on Muh spectrumz Muh disorderz than it is to say, I am too insecure to allow my kid to be a kid, and do kid things...easier to plop a video game tablet and phone in their lap and coddle and shelter and make excuses for them for an eternity...
Then wonder why they're shy/nervous/uncomfortable around others... absolutely degenerate.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Why is your ding dong itchy?
View Quote

ConfoundZ has returned! I take it he gave his fresh ding dong out and forgot to wrap it...
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So, they bring the yuppie named butter golems home, let them pig out while playing video games, on phones/tablets with social media.

The excuses and almost competitive nature of the boxed wine fueled house fraus and house sows is fucking

The mothers all compete against one another over who's cherub is both the greatest little angel in the world while simultaneously being the most retarded and addled by health disorders.

Excuse me, what? I'd slap the taste out of her mouth if she were my wife. You don't go bragging over how fucked up the kid is you fucking moron, you brag about their overcoming challenges, growing into someone you're proud to call your son/daughter! Not excuse a lack of discipline with parenting in pill form, how allergic they are to everything.
I don't buy it.

I have started some hilarious verbal battles resulting in a munchausen suffering mentally ill woman rewarded with kids and ring, breaking down into tears and screaming.

I don't buy it for one second the kids are all retarded or suffer from debilitating allergies to everything in existence.
Strange. I just gave him something to snack on that isn't gluten free, he doesn't seem to be struggling for air or breaking out in a rash or blowing his ass out while barfing at the same time so... I think you need your head checked...

No. He's shy because you stunted his growth by locking him inside with video games rather than go make friends and do things with friends out of fear he'll get hurt... he's a boy... it's what we do when we are boys... we get hurt. It's your job as mom to slap a bandaid on that skinned knee, send us back out to take that bike off more jumps and encourage us to learn from that failed landing you moron... not protect us from ourselves.

Oh he's got the ADD/ADHD
No. He has a lack of a foot in his ass when he's deserved it, and it doesn't help you hop him up on straight sugar in the morning and send him off to be a fidgeting distraction hyper charged on stimulating sugar. That doesn't justify a pill... that should be as simple as making the kid a real breakfast.. but half you dipshits can't cook so cereal and sugar on top it is. I'd like to see you load up on sugar and be told to sit still listen for 8 hours.
ADD/ADHD my ass.

There are parents who truly do have kids that have legitimate disabilities. This is degenerate to glorify your piss poor parenting and claim they're just as disabled as those who truly are. Shame on you.

I don't know what it is with cityiots and suburbanites... us hicks in the sticks didn't have overwhelming disorders-curable with a pill...
The few that did? That wasn't something mom or dad bragged about for attention/validation... that was something they kept a secret. For 2 reasons.
1. If the kid is that fucked up? Truly, honestly, sadly, afflicted with a legitimate disorder? Mommy and daddy didn't go to bbq/block parties and brag... they were home tending to their kids needs.
Most resented themselves blamed themselves for having kids with health issues. Not using it for attention.

Here in dah burbz? You're the fucked up one if your kid isn't on some spectrum, down with some disorder, on a slew of pills, allergic to everything, and you're the fucked up one if you insist they be active/creative outdoors instead of cooped up with junk food and video games.

Must be something in that town/city treated water if everyone's kid is all sorts of fucked up...

I don't buy it. I don't believe it. They do the shit for attention through their kid and that's disgusting.
There's people who actually have kids with legitimate health issues out there... these munchausen suffering fools should have their head examined for it. I do find it repulsive.

And lock them in their rooms to be anti social... then wonder why they're uncomfortable in social settings? Yeah, boxed wine fueled mother of the year award for that one.
Easier to blame it on Muh spectrumz Muh disorderz than it is to say, I am too insecure to allow my kid to be a kid, and do kid things...easier to plop a video game tablet and phone in their lap and coddle and shelter and make excuses for them for an eternity...
Then wonder why they're shy/nervous/uncomfortable around others... absolutely degenerate.
View Quote

LOL.

That's all about as accurate as the stereotype that rural kids run around in coveralls and bare feet fucking their siblings.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Cuz they aren't getting chased after anymore. They don't have to impress more or less. Married & pumped out a few kids. Only until they are cheated on do they see why
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#23]
My wife is thinner now than when we married.  Still not "thin", but thinner.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Getting unmarried is expensive.  Pornhub is free.
View Quote

Can’t put a price on happiness. Ask me how I know. Living my best life single and free.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I think there is a class on this subject, some women get masters degrees
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
When I was married my wife fed the hell out of me and I’m the one who got fat.
View Quote

That was all planned. She knew no other woman wants a plump guy, so she fed you to make you less desirable to other women. It's a known tactic.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Went to my 20 year HS reunion many years back.
The hottie girls in HS looked like linebackers 20 years out , the average girls blossomed.

One girl that was a cheerleader then could not figure out who I was at the reunion.
She asked if I went to the school and what year I graduated and when I told her she said "man, you got a lot bigger" I said "so did you".

At that point I was curious who she was / is married to......

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

LOL.

That's all about as accurate as the stereotype that rural kids run around in coveralls and bare feet fucking their siblings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't buy it.

Oh he's got the ADD/ADHD
ADD/ADHD my ass.

LOL.

In my blue hellhole coastal state that reads less like parody and more like a field biologist's notes
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Can't put a price on happiness. Ask me how I know. Living my best life single and free.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#30]
1) Marry genetics and family. Most women get huge. Look at their mom. Would you want to be married to her? If not, it's your fault for not choosing correctly. This was my problem, not for body shape but emotional immaturity.
2) Most women come in 2 categories:
 Cat 1: The women who take care of their kids typically have less time to take care of themselves.
 Cat 2: These women stay selfish AFTER kids. They are shitty moms, don't participate in extra curricular activities and mostly abandon their husband and kids emotionally. (Lucky me!)

Personally I would rather has a wife who loves my kids and participates and I'm really into skinny girls, body type and sex life. I just chose wrong by looking at the wrong genetics.

Unmarried guys - PSA: Don't make the same mistake. Save yourselves now. Get to know their mom. If you can't see yourself married to her mom in 20 years, bail now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Wife can still fit all 11o lbs into her wedding dress from 32 years ago
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
1) Marry genetics and family. Most women get huge. Look at their mom. Would you want to be married to her? If not, it's your fault for not choosing correctly. This was my problem, not for body shape but emotional immaturity.
2) Most women come in 2 categories:
 Cat 1: The women who take care of their kids typically have less time to take care of themselves.
 Cat 2: These women stay selfish AFTER kids. They are shitty moms, don't participate in extra curricular activities and mostly abandon their husband and kids emotionally. (Lucky me!)

Personally I would rather has a wife who loves my kids and participates and I'm really into skinny girls, body type and sex life. I just chose wrong by looking at the wrong genetics.

Unmarried guys - PSA: Don't make the same mistake. Save yourselves now. Get to know their mom. If you can't see yourself married to her mom in 20 years, bail now.
View Quote
working all this into a future safety share.

too many youngsters who don't know what they don't know.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Actually, there is a rational reason.
Nothing cute about the beetus and heart attacks etc.

Saw what that shit did to my father. I'll starve and go run in the attic til I pass out/cramp up before I get fat/the beetus.
View Quote

My dad and his being overweight and stricken with the beetus is a big motivator for me too. He’s never really tried to do anything to change the situation and just blindly followed the same doctor’s advice for 2 decades. And, amazingly, his beetus has just gotten worse over the years and he takes piles of pills every day.

Definition of insanity and all that. I know I’m not going to just lay down and take it. Fuck all that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The old guy always wanted that sports car. Once the kids are out of the house and on their own he probably has available cash he didn't have for many years to spend on such luxuries
View Quote

Thanks, Captain Obvious.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Last time I was in Socal (Gaslamp District) a few years back, I only remember the women being healthy and beautiful. One of the many things I loved about San Diego.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In SoCal the norm is grotesque obesity...

Last time I was in Socal (Gaslamp District) a few years back, I only remember the women being healthy and beautiful. One of the many things I loved about San Diego.

I was just there in January. I didn’t see many disgustingly obese people waddling around. I saw a younger crowd that was still in good shape.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If left to my own devices I could easily be fat and happy.  But THEY wouldn't be happy.  So I keep that shit in check for them.

#thestruggleisreal
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B926BC70-2451-4EC1-A889-3A3C070B9F9D-404.gif

I don’t understand this mindset. I have nobody that I’m beholden to when it comes to my physical condition. I just don’t want to be fat. The food is disgusting, the fit of the clothes is awful, it’s harder to do everything. I can’t carry a pistol comfortably or get in and out of the car/bed/whatever, the lifestyle is detrimental to every aspect of your health, you’re a detriment to those around you because you are slow and take up too much space in a car/bus/airplane and you are a liability in an emergency situation. You are harder to deal with for emergency, medical, public safety folks, etc, etc, etc. Being happy with being obese means you are happy with being a burden on society.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wife was about 120 when we met.  Now she hovers around 155.  Says she barely eats anything all day, goes to the gym in the morning, yet cannot lose weight

I hover around 153. Used to be 165 when I was hitting the gym several times a week and then covid shut down the gym and I got lazy

For her height she is about 30 over her ideal weight and I know it will get worse as the years slip by which will cause other health issues...
View Quote

Simple. She’s lying to you and herself about how much she eats.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They’re secure in their marriage and no longer feel the need to compete against other women for a man’s attention.

Their husbands need to step up their game and make their wives feel that they, the husbands, still have other options.
View Quote

Nailed it. Those fatties need to have that competitive hamster in their head tickled.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#39]
And for some people here its hot...go figure.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I’ve been with my wife for 10 years and she’s a little heavier than then, but still skinny.

Most of the parents at my kids schools are fat. Because I guess most of america is fat..
View Quote

Considering that 40+% are obese, I wonder what the real % is for being fat?  (note: I did NOT say 'overweight'. You can have more muscle mass and a high BMI despite bodyfat % being 15% or under for males, and 24% or under for females)
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ding ding ding
We have a winner!

Staying in shape takes effort. These women know their men don't want to get raped in family court. It takes a shit ton of money to survive a divorce with kids and still be financially attractive to other women. It's not the modern conveniences, it's not corn syrup in our food...
Nope, you can thank divorce court for the cows modern wives turn into

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They don't make enough money for their wives to care about staying fit.  

Ding ding ding
We have a winner!

Staying in shape takes effort. These women know their men don't want to get raped in family court. It takes a shit ton of money to survive a divorce with kids and still be financially attractive to other women. It's not the modern conveniences, it's not corn syrup in our food...
Nope, you can thank divorce court for the cows modern wives turn into

I think the quip about Italian women doubling in size after marriage (and I heard this in Italy, not about Italian Americans), was around much longer than that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm the same 330 pounds I've been since middle school, and yeah my gross wife went from 110 to 125.  Fucking dumped her.

[/s]

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't buy it.

Oh he's got the ADD/ADHD
ADD/ADHD my ass.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of the biggest differences I noticed between the SoCal urban kids and the UP rural ones is size.

In SoCal the norm is grotesque obesity in the elementary schools. I lived five doors down from a K-6 school and the children there were uniformly obese by the second and third grades. There were about 10% of the kids that appeared to be of a normal size and weight for a child and another 10% that are approaching roundness they're so plump. At first I thought I might no be remembering my own childhood correctly but when I pulled out class photos from the 1960s and 70s my memory was correct. Looking at the hundred or so kids posed in my classes none of them were obese and only about two of them were called fat back then - they'd fall into the lighter end of today's normal.

Here in rural Michigan the children are a far more healthy size very similar to 50-years ago. The percentage of fat kids is higher here than my midwest upbringings so long ago but they don't even come close to the obesity of SoCal's kids. I would estimate about 90-95% of the Michigan kids are of a normal healthy weight and that last 5-10% are overweight.

The two biggest factors I hear thrown about are diet and exercise with today's highly processed foods and kids sitting around twitching their thumbs in front of a screen.

I don't buy it.

Oh he's got the ADD/ADHD
ADD/ADHD my ass.

This is a fascinating post.  So Much sputtering anger!  I could spend a week dissecting it, but we can’t do these things anymore.

You do realize, that You are most likely on the bad end of the spectrum?

Unintentional irony is the best irony.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The same 1/2 /dozen arf millionaires with 120lbs wives that weigh less than than they were when they got married will obviously tell me I'm wrong. This thread is not for you.  You're an anomaly...stop it.
View Quote

Woman Ive been with since 1989 weighs less now then when we met.  Trying to get her to put some weight on now, think she is up to 113lbs.    LOL and I am a millionaire now!
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I see fat people everywhere. Male and female, young and old. Often, I’m the only non-fat person around, or if I’m not, there’s only one or two others in an entire crowd. No getting around it, the majority of people in first world countries are fat.
View Quote

I'm not so sure about that.

One thing that always slapped me in the face was touching back down in the US, after traveling overseas. It REALLY hits home just how much fatter Americans are in general.

P.S.

The US is an oddity in that we seem to have more extremes. Compared to other developed countries, I've seen a much greater number of people who range from fat to obese, while also simultaneously seeing more men who obviously lift weights.

People in EU countries seem to more commonly fall between those extremes. There aren't as many obese people, but pumping iron also doesn't seem to be as popular/common.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Why turn to food? Why not work, or sex or whatever like we do when we find out we married a selfabsorbed, unprincipled, lying ass cunt?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe the gals get depressed and turn to food when they find out how life fooled them when their Knight in Shining Armor turns out to be just another wiener in tin foil.

Why turn to food? Why not work, or sex or whatever like we do when we find out we married a selfabsorbed, unprincipled, lying ass cunt?

Maybe you should be better at identifying self absorbed, unprincipled, lying ass c-bombs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the crux of it as far as her motivations. And because she’s chosen this immoral path, she’s wholly unhappy inside and is on lots of depression meds, which only serve to mask the pain in her dark heart and she eats more and self loathes herself to obesity.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And for some people here its hot...go figure.
View Quote

Most of them are practicing self-delusion, same as the guys who argue “Debt is Good!!!”
Those weirdoes who truly lust after it, are the luckiest men alive.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y’all should be besties.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Same reason you went from a size 32 waist to a size 44 stud.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top