Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I would describe her as needy and insecure and dependent.

None of those traits will work well long-term.

She may be a sweet girl, but she's also a ticking time bomb.

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I get that you want to put her mind at ease. Did it occur to you she is using a past, possibly exaggerated/made up situation to manipulate you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, you voluntarily let her have your location?

She was cheated on in the past so I give her my location when I’m out because I don’t want her to be concerned. Too much I’m sure

I get that you want to put her mind at ease. Did it occur to you she is using a past, possibly exaggerated/made up situation to manipulate you?

To be honest no, because the story of what happened never changed and her friend and sister both corroborated the story independently exactly the same. Possibly still a lie but who knows
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to break my wife of her mother's BULLSHIT!

Some mother's do more harm to their daughters than they know.

She needs to grow up and tell her mom to STFU!

Until then, she'll never be happy and neither will you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do all these low post count, freeloader, and usually recently joined accounts, have so much life drama?

Yup

On the plus side I donated $300 to 2AF, FPC, and GOA
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a shit test. If she isn't a girl you'd want to hang out with over coworkers then this should be an easy eject.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Actually it sounds like she played you so she'd have an excuse to eject.

Sorry.
View Quote
she was out till midnight and then stopped texting you? now shes mad at you. sounds like standard issue projection. who was she doing for those 2 hours?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

To be honest no, because the story of what happened never changed and her friend and sister both corroborated the story independently exactly the same. Possibly still a lie but who knows
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was cheated on in the past so I give her my location when I’m out because I don’t want her to be concerned. Too much I’m sure

Who gives a fuck if she was cheated on in the past???

Either she gets over it or stop dating - you're under no obligation to cave into someone's insecurities - regardless of the reason.

The fact that she hasn't gotten over the (alleged) cheating shows she isn't mentally healthy and should not be dating till she gets over her shit.

Are you that hard up for pussy or something?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Ignore the eject comments

Its the old female double standard!

unwritten rule is

Your world, should revolve around your girl! And when they say yes to anything involving you that doesn't? They actually mean NO!

So ya failed the test buddy! Better get to ass kissing, and makeup sex quick!
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#10]
She told you 10 at the latest, then stayed out til midnight with her friends? Dude. She blew a random dude, minimum. Eject.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He didn't pass shit....

The Shit Test is ongoing...cuz in the OP, he said she is giving him the silent treatment....If he passed, she would have asked if he had a good time last nite and made him a big breakfast.

The war is still ongoing and he's failing....cuz, instead of ejecting, he's here asking for "advice" and already planning to go to a family event with her....
View Quote
Silent treatment = peace and quiet for once
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Either she gets over it or stop dating - you're under no obligation to cave into someone's insecurities - regardless of the reason.

The fact that she hasn't gotten over the (alleged) cheating shows she isn't mentally healthy and should not be dating till she gets over her shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean, now after 3 years being with her probably if I break up with her ??. Nah I’d use the free time for other stuff
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:00:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Eject, you pussy!
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ignore her.
View Quote

This.  Just let her stew.  Remember, it doesn't get better -- especially when they want to control you.  BTDT.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Also being in a serious relationship and partying, doesn't mix! Ever!
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe she was with her backup man.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:01:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She might be telling the truth, probably is.
Be honest, does the mom act kind of like a brat at times, never moved past certain things, used it to hold over people's heads?

In terms of her maturation, she hit her mom's level - but she's got to move past mama's bullshit and get to "normal HEALTHY person" tier, for the relationship to move to the next step.
Normal healthy people can leave things behind. They don't weaponize it and use it as a negotiating tactic to get more things they want.
Mom's level control wasn't normal, she needs to live in a "normal" space, if she wants to have kids who will see and mimic what they're seeing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’m 33 she’s 28

She’s been caring less and checked out compared to normal, upset with me for not doing what she wants to do more (then when I asked her what she couldn’t give me an example). If she cheated on me that is what it is, I’m a little checked out at this point myself
View Quote

You know what to do. Don’t wait any longer. Kick her ass to the curb.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Any pics yet?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#20]
You lost me at “stopped texting for 2 hours”

She was partying somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:02:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

1) No
2) No
3) Yes, I do those things by myself
4) there’s back and forth
5) no she doesn’t insult me and doesn’t yell
6) she takes cajoling before apologizing but takes accountability for 30-50% of stuff
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just some quick questions, a lightning round, you can elaborate if you like.

If it's a no, she doesn't do that, then okay:

1) Do you feel like You are living Your life, FOR her?
2) Are boundaries set for you, but she has none? Like when she gets them she just flouts them almost on purpose, but HOLDS you to them?
3) You do a lot of things you don't like, but she basically doesn't do any?
4) People have things they negotiate in relationships - there's a back and forth. Is there "power dynamic" in this relationship? She has it and wields it, on you?
Because that's not normal
5) Does she get, not just angry, but sort of a white hot rage?  Eyes black, probably standing a foot from you, and just a streaaaaaaaam of insults coming out.
Sometimes, something trivial launches her.
But once she "has a good enough reason" (and they're often silly, and you put up with a lot), she just tees off?
6) Is she unaccountable completely when she really fucks up?

Anything like the above sound familiar?

1) No
2) No
6) she takes cajoling before apologizing but takes accountability for 30-50% of stuff

Well the good news is I was pressing on some instant-fail tells and didn't see ones I was looking for.
But the relationship is a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle too slanted in her direction, at minimum.

My guess is she, in dealing with other people perhaps, picked up a toxic behavior/trait or two.
She'll have to work through them.

If this girl was a full on 4/10, would you be putting up with some of this?
Think about that for a second.
Yeah.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Giving your gf location and texting every 30 minutes is the opposite of alpha male. If you two

can't trust each other, there is no relationship. How you guys put up with BS like this is weak.

Being single ain't that bad!
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#23]
lolz, no seriously lol fucking z. When you figure this shit out come back and update this thread OP
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

JFC.  I had to Google that.  So glad I'm not in the current dating scene.

OP's story sounds like a minor version of "when assholes collide."

People trying to control other people is a red flag.  Find the underlying cause, address it, or eject.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’ve made many mistakes. Sharing your location with her is one. Checking in every 30-minutes is another. She’s not your parent. She’s not even your wife.

She’s being immature and controlling. Soft next her. No texts or calls from you until she changes her attitude.

If by next Monday ( a week) she hasn’t fixed her shitty attitude you can send a text. Something simple like “how was your weekend”

She needs some competition anxiety in her life, give it to her.

JFC.  I had to Google that.  So glad I'm not in the current dating scene.

OP's story sounds like a minor version of "when assholes collide."

People trying to control other people is a red flag.  Find the underlying cause, address it, or eject.

I assumed it was "dont text her" via auto correct or typo. Learned some new lingo that's even stupider than "ghosting"
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
said she’d go if we left by 10pm the latest.

She went out as well until midnight,
View Quote

This is so weird.

She didn't want to go with you because she doesn't want to be out late
So she goes out on her own, without you... late?

It's like she was trying to make you jealous, but her actions are completely illogical.

Something else is going on here, or she isn't making any sort of sense.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This is so weird.

She didn't want to go with you because she doesn't want to be out late
So she goes out on her own, without you... late?

It's like she was trying to make you jealous, but her actions are completely illogical.

Something else is going on here, or she isn't making any sort of sense.
View Quote

She did it to make me jealous, it didn't work because I just asked if she had a good time with her coworker lol
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#27]
OP, you should date an adult.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't marry a woman that's giving you shit about what you do if you are loyal. If she expects something from you ask her outright what it is and if you don't want to make that change tell her outright that isn't gonna fuckin happen.  If she makes a fight out of it eject.    If someone isn't happy with you just as you are it's a matter of time till they start adding on demands for you to change and then use that as an excuse to leave you, cheat on you, or worse take half your shit if you are married.

I'd be suspicious of why she doesn't trust you in the first place.  People who are like that tend to be cheaters themselves.

With any relationship just always be blunt and upfront about everything.  Get to the bottom of dumb shit because it turns into dumber shit later if you don't.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Has Arfcom ever been this united on anything, before?
View Quote
NEVAH, and just because such unbridled chaos can not be allowed to occur, I have changed my mind, OP you kiss her ass, marry her and put a baby in her forthwith!
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#30]
OP, get a vasectomy.  GF gets a tubal ligation.

Other than that, do whatever you want.  Don't bring kids into your fucked up shit.

You're welcome!  
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Eject
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:11:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Find her best friend. If it's a woman, she's trying to drive a wedge between you and your relationship so that they can be besties living their best ho life....Or the best friend wants you.

If the best friend is a dude, He is trying to drive a wedge between you and your relationship so that he can dip it into your girlfriend.....Or he wants you.

Either way, you are screwed and should eject.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
She's testing you and you're failing.

Don't be fazed by it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#34]
You're establishing ground rules. Stop apologizing. You're an unmarried adult. If she can't stand the heat of being next to your white hot sun of hotness, maybe she's not ready to be with you any longer.

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#35]
She's 28. The clock is ticking; she is watching all her friends marry, have kids, and find success in life.

Edit: Don't fall into the trap OP.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Poke it in her pooper. Assert dominance
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well the good news is I was pressing on some instant-fail tells and didn't see ones I was looking for.
But the relationship is a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle too slanted in her direction, at minimum.

My guess is she, in dealing with other people perhaps, picked up a toxic behavior/trait or two.

Yeah.
View Quote
a 4? lol thats not even worth waking up for even for an old ugly fat fucker like me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:14:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Why didn't you just turn off your phone?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OP, get a vasectomy.  GF gets a tubal ligation.

Other than that, do whatever you want.  Don't bring kids into your fucked up shit.

You're welcome!  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#40]
If you don’t hurry up and marry her she won’t divorce you & take 1/2 your stuff op.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't typically comment in these threads, but dude. Eject.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Sit her down, alone, without distractions. Tell her if she values your relationship she will have to make major changes in the way she treats you. You are your own man and if after 3 years she can't get rid of her mothers baggage and past relationships, perhaps you both need a break. There is no reason for a grown person to have to be worried about what your significant other it thinking while trying to innocently enjoy time with friends.

She should be hoping that you are happy and having a good time. The only texts you should get from her is "hope you are having a good time, love you" or tit pics. You shouldn't have to be sweating it out. You were probably more worried about her mental state than concentrating on having fun.

Lay out some ground rules. Tell her you don't want her to be miserable but you refuse to suffer for it. Tell her if this relationship is going to work, she needs to learn trust. Take control of the relationship. If she has a hard time with that, then it may be time to pull the handle.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Eject. I can't believe you check in every half hour. Is she your mom?
View Quote

The fucking bullshit some guys put themselves through for some crumbs of pooty.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

@Geralt55 @JLPettimoreIII
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:18:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Eject.

She’s out until midnight and that’s ok, but you’re out late and that’s not?

Fuck that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just some quick questions, a lightning round, you can elaborate if you like.

If it's a no, she doesn't do that, then okay:

1) Do you feel like You are living Your life, FOR her?
2) Are boundaries set for you, but she has none? Like when she gets them she just flouts them almost on purpose, but HOLDS you to them?
3) You do a lot of things you don't like, but she basically doesn't do any?
4) People have things they negotiate in relationships - there's a back and forth. Is there "power dynamic" in this relationship? She has it and wields it, on you?
Because that's not normal
5) Does she get, not just angry, but sort of a white hot rage?  Eyes black, probably standing a foot from you, and just a streaaaaaaaam of insults coming out.
Sometimes, something trivial launches her.
But once she "has a good enough reason" (and they're often silly, and you put up with a lot), she just tees off?
6) Is she unaccountable completely when she really fucks up?

Anything like the above sound familiar?

1) No
2) No

Yeah.

If she was a 4/10 I would've never even spoken to her LOL
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Just give her your house and half of everything else that you own. Might as well get it over and done with.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Shit she doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

I don't let my wife stay out til 3:30 am. Didn't when she was my GF either.

What is going on at 3:30 am in a room full of dudes anyway?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-96.gif

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/laugh-29.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eject. I can't believe you check in every half hour. Is she your mom?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-96.gif

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/laugh-29.gif

EXCUSE me I am a GM level competitive shooter, and that applies to penis shooting too
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just imagine how little she is gonna sleep with you if you marry her.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top