Speed of follow-up shots?
Terminal performance?
External ballistics?
Rifle weight?
Ammo weight?
Ease of optics mounting?
Ammo selection?
Trigger pull?

There’s nothing wrong with using one. But if I were starting from scratch and wanted to acquire a deer-capable rifle, there’s no way I would limit myself to a lever-gun. There are too many other more versatile designs out there that out class the lever gun in most of those qualities.

In this day and age, I think lever guns are clearly relegated to the fun gun niche. I’ll snatch one up if the deal is right just to expand my collection, but it isn’t like i’m ever looking through the gun safe and find myself saying “I really need a lever gun for this application”. It’s been rendered obsolete.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
They get a lot of hate for some reason.

They are one of the best deer rifles you can buy though if you are shooting under 200 yards.
Define best.

Magazine capacity?
Accuracy?
Terminal performance?
External ballistics?
Rifle weight?
Ammo weight?
Ease of optics mounting?
Ammo selection?
Trigger pull?

There’s nothing wrong with using one. But if I were starting from scratch and wanted to acquire a deer-capable rifle, there’s no way I would limit myself to a lever-gun. There are too many other more versatile designs out there that out class the lever gun in most of those qualities.

In this day and age, I think lever guns are clearly relegated to the fun gun niche. I’ll snatch one up if the deal is right just to expand my collection, but it isn’t like i’m ever looking through the gun safe and find myself saying “I really need a lever gun for this application”. It’s been rendered obsolete.
The lever action checks all the boxes needed to hunt deer under 200 yards.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't realize my 30-30 lever gun was so obsolete. Somebody should alert everyone else that you need a bolt gun that shoots 500 yards or an AR with a 10+ mag. I guess deer have gotten much stronger over the years as now it's barely capable. I'd like to see a bolt gun get on target and put as many rounds down field as a lever gun in the same amount of time. Gets the job done better is all relative.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
It's OK that it's not popular anymore. Better lever options exist. Like the 45-70
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The venerable 30/30 has been supplanted by the.

AR15

Go figure.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did people stop shooting .30 carbine because ammo started getting scarce, or did production stop because there was no appreciable demand?
Ammo sales should reflect high usage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dont sell a ton of 30/30 rifles at work , but always sell a shit load of 30-30 ammo every fall
Yep.  Follow the ammo sales.  
Guns are durable goods, so gun sales do not reliably approximate the fielded population.
Eventually the ammo companies suspend production of ammo for guns that haven't been made in a while.

Look at .30 Carbine
Did people stop shooting .30 carbine because ammo started getting scarce, or did production stop because there was no appreciable demand?
The market for .30 Carbine shrank.... it was eclipsed by 5.56x45mm and 7.62x39mm. The market has been shrinking. Name what rifle other than the few reproduction M1 Carbines and Ruger Revolvers chambered in .30 Carbine.

The market for .30-30 will eventually shrink as production in guns chambered in it shrink and it has and is being eclipsed by other rifles and other cartridges.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't hunt, but when one (70's vintage Winchester 94) came into the LGS used I thought I should have a traditional American "deer rifle." I think I paid a little over $200 for it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's OK that it's not popular anymore. Better lever options exist. Like the 45-70
View Quote
Some people like to recover some of the deer...
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't hunt, but when one (70's vintage Winchester 94) came into the LGS used I thought I should have a traditional American "deer rifle." I think I paid a little over $200 for it.

Ooops. Double tap.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
The 30-30 has taken a beating because you can buy a promo bolt gun with a scope already on it cheaper than a lever with no scope. Plus you have a round that shoots flat farther. Young guys don’t see the sense in a lever gun any more.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Some people like to recover some of the deer...
View Quote
There is plenty of variety in the loadings.

Isn't everyone here a super duper recon sniper that just makes head shots?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Young guys don’t see the sense in a lever gun any more.
View Quote
I have a loaded lever action at home that is specifically for home defense. Depending on your use of the term "young guys". I have had it like that in my house since I was 25 or 26.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Lever guns were the AR of their day, new designed and changed the dynamics of both war and hunting, there are millions of them out there, so they will always be with us.  Technology has progressed but without those guys who designed the new repeating rifle, we might be living with different guns these days.

In the dense woods for deer hunting there will always be a place for the lever actions rifles.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I didn't realize my 30-30 lever gun was so obsolete. Somebody should alert everyone else that you need a bolt gun that shoots 500 yards or an AR with a 10+ mag. I guess deer have gotten much stronger over the years as now it's barely capable. I'd like to see a bolt gun get on target and put as many rounds down field as a lever gun in the same amount of time. Gets the job done better is all relative.
View Quote
My ability to take game animals doesn't revolve around the ability to sling lead down range as quickly as possible.  A semi auto is better at that anyhow.   Last falls deer was taken at 380 yards with a .308 bolt gun.  I have no use for a 30-30.  There's nothing it does better than a comparable semi auto.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I for one, love levers.
Rossi, Marlin, Winchester or Henry.. Have some of each
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine is a hand me down Winchester 94 from 1949. There have been lots of deer taken with it by my family but when I head out into the woods during November I grab my .300BLK AR.  The new might be old some day lol
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have a loaded lever action at home that is specifically for home defense. Depending on your use of the term "young guys". I have had it like that in my house since I was 25 or 26.
View Quote
There is one sitting by the back door right now and it is there year around loaded with 170gr, which work for just about anything I might run into in my location, just a bit of fast handling hurt for those beasties who might think they want to visit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Real men dig 30-30s.  Factory 16" guns are even better.

Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The market for .30 Carbine shrank.... it was eclipsed by 5.56x45mm and 7.62x39mm. The market has been shrinking. Name what rifle other than the few reproduction M1 Carbines and Ruger Revolvers chambered in .30 Carbine.

The market for .30-30 will eventually shrink as production in guns chambered in it shrink and it has and is being eclipsed by other rifles and other cartridges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dont sell a ton of 30/30 rifles at work , but always sell a shit load of 30-30 ammo every fall
Guns are durable goods, so gun sales do not reliably approximate the fielded population.
Eventually the ammo companies suspend production of ammo for guns that haven't been made in a while.

Look at .30 Carbine

Eventually, yes, but the staggering volume of guns produced in the chambering, the general well-rounded utility of the round and its weapons, and the overall conservatism of gun owners guarantees it will be a long and slow decline.  In comparison, .30 carbine is a blip on the radar, disadvantaged by its short service span (both round and weapons), and inferior general utility.  The entire rise and decline of the .30 carbine is contained well within the ongoing lifespan of .30 WCF.

In the realm of slinging lead to kill things, there are only so many meaningful divisions to accomplish the task.  .30-30 and lever guns admirably meet the demands of a very popular spot in that ballistic continuum.  Until a major paradigm shift upsets the mature industry of cartridge firearms, .30-30 will never be obsolete.  Even then, note that muzzleloaders are not extinct.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at .30 Carbine

There’s some chicken vs egg logic there.

I love .30 Carbine. I find it to be a very enjoyable cartridge. I have a USGI carbine, a re-pro, and a Blackhawk.

I want a S&W L-frame or GP-100 chambered in it. If Smith or Ruger announced that on social media tonight, I’d put my name down for one tomorrow. I’m also keeping my eyes peeled for a Marlin Levermatic. The AMTs seem to be too spendy relative to their quality, but I wouldn’t mind grabbing one of those, too.

There’s probably other neat stuff that could be chambered in .30 Carbine that I’ve never thought of. If someone made it available at the right intersection of price and quality, I’d probably buy it. But I’m not buying it because they’re not selling it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I had revolvers in .30 carbine (Ruger Blackhawks) and all I can say is that it is a punishing round to fire from a handgun.

Possibly the loudest handgun cartridge I've ever fired.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Pretty much this. When 7.62x39 and others give similar performance in a much more useful package, the days of the .30-30 are numbered. Same thing with lever actions.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't call it dead, but I also wouldn't call it popular.  Lots of modern caliber and rifle choosings to choose from anymore. States like mine (Ohio) that now allow straight walled cartridges for deer hunting sure made 45-70 (and lever actions in general) popular in my region again! I went .44mag myself.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:42:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I grew up with a marlin 30-30. Around 10-12 yrs ago I switched to an AR shooting 62 grain Federal fusions.  It’s lighter(we do a lot of walking), I like the ergonomics better, and it stays in a quick access safe next to my bed the other 11 months of the year as a HD option.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#24]
It’s not as popular bc the new age fudd buys an AR in 6.8/6.5 he shoots once a year for deer season.  Then you have the hard core plinkers that want to loose many hundreds of rounds of ammo down into a desert valley somewhere at some rocks using their explorer hood as a rest.   You can’t do that with a 30-30 now can you?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I won't ever sell my M94, but I don't shoot it much either.

I wish they would work them into Cowboy matches with full power loads.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I’ll take a .35 Rem, .35 Whelen or a .30-06 over the .30-30. In lever guns, I like the .444 and the .300 Savage.
View Quote
I've shot a bunch of PA deer with a .300 Savage. Mine is in an old Remington 760 pump gun. Stripped and oil finished the stock and had the metal Parkerized. It makes a great deer gun with the mild recoil, fast follow up shots, and relatively compact size. 150 gr Winchester Silver tips are my go to round in this gun.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:55:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted: Then you have the hard core plinkers that want to loose many hundreds of rounds of ammo down into a desert valley somewhere at some rocks using their explorer hood as a rest.   You can’t do that with a 30-30 now can you?
View Quote
I did. With bullets cast on my back patio, my .30-30 rounds cost about the same as Tula .223. 2-4 boxes of full-power cast reloads makes for a great afternoon of shooting, and leverguns let you pace yourself more easily than ARs.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Don't forget the 7 Mag craze !
View Quote
Yep. Bought a Browning BBR in 7 Mag cheap from a guy at work who always had nice guns but was always hard up for money. Took it to PA and shot one deer with it at about 70 yards. I was hunting National Forest land where there were a lot of guys in the woods so I purposely shot to break the front shoulders so it would go down quickly. It made such a mess of both front quarters that I had to throw away a lot of meat. Before next season, I sold that gun for a nice profit to a kid who was going out west to hunt elk and got my .300 Savage Rem 760 back out of the safe.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#29]
It's still popular in Tx and Ok.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I did. With bullets cast on my back patio, my .30-30 rounds cost about the same as Tula .223. 2-4 boxes of full-power cast reloads makes for a great afternoon of shooting, and leverguns let you pace yourself more easily than ARs.
View Quote
I disagree. It's pretty fun to rack a lever and let em fly. They just don't hold as many rounds usually.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:55:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

All the way until the debut of the M1 carbine, I'd argue. My only defensive rifle was a .30-30 Marlin up until I built an AR last spring. I used it on informal run-and-gun courses with buddies, and pretty well matched their ARs provided the round counts were kept realistic (10 rounds per run, give or take).
View Quote
Realistic? What is realistic about limiting an AR to 10 rounds?

So whenever you artificially limit one of the primary advantages of the AR, the lever gun can hang with it? Amiright?

The first rule of being in a gun fight is to have a gun. A lever gun checks that box. But beyond that, it’s obsolete in every way.

Would I rather have a lever gun than no gun or a single shot? Sure. But there is no situation which might present itself where the first gun out of my safe is going to be a lever gun. It just isn’t.

Today’s autoloaders are every bit if not more accurate, reload faster, shoot faster, and are actually so close in weight that that doesn’t matter.

I mean, there’s a reason the box magazine reigns supreme and there’s a reason we have settled in with 30-ish round magazines as standard.

If all you have is a lever gun, then by all means use it fully. But any assertion that a lever gun can hang with a modern autoloader past the first trigger pull is just crazy talk. Sure, in some scenarios it may only take 1 shot. But if you favor the lever gun over a single shot for the possibility that more than one shot may be necessary, then that’s actually a tacit admission that the lever gun is obsolete, too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 1:31:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Realistic? What is realistic about limiting an AR to 10 rounds?

So whenever you artificially limit one of the primary advantages of the AR, the lever gun can hang with it? Amiright?

The first rule of being in a gun fight is to have a gun. A lever gun checks that box. But beyond that, it’s obsolete in every way.

Would I rather have a lever gun than no gun or a single shot? Sure. But there is no situation which might present itself where the first gun out of my safe is going to be a lever gun. It just isn’t.

Today’s autoloaders are every bit if not more accurate, reload faster, shoot faster, and are actually so close in weight that that doesn’t matter.

I mean, there’s a reason the box magazine reigns supreme and there’s a reason we have settled in with 30-ish round magazines as standard.

If all you have is a lever gun, then by all means use it fully. But any assertion that a lever gun can hang with a modern autoloader past the first trigger pull is just crazy talk. Sure, in some scenarios it may only take 1 shot. But if you favor the lever gun over a single shot for the possibility that more than one shot may be necessary, then that’s actually a tacit admission that the lever gun is obsolete, too.
View Quote
The AR wasn't limited to ten rounds; IIRC the AR shooters were using 30-rounders loaded to capacity. The courses of fire were such that high volumes of fire were not required - engaging three or four targets at close range in a canyon, then reaching out 100-120yds to hit 8-inch steel. In a realistic scenario, probably involving one or two opponents with handguns or maybe cheap rifles, seven rounds of a much more powerful cartridge than 5.56 is not at a practical disadvantage to the AR.

I hate to break it to you, but overwhelming volume of fire is rarely needed in a civilian or LE context. Unless I need precision or longer effective range, I'm probably reaching for the shotgun or .30-30. ARs have their purpose, but are not the end-all solution envisioned by many folks on this site.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I won't ever sell my M94, but I don't shoot it much either.

I wish they would work them into Cowboy matches with full power loads.
View Quote
As do I.... hell, I wished they dropped their silly rules banning DA guns and full power rifles period. A Colt 1889 and Krag would be fun to compete with.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:50:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I disagree. It's pretty fun to rack a lever and let em fly. They just don't hold as many rounds usually.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Henry lever with .22 Shorts is the answer to that.

Just takes forever to reload.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#35]
I live in a popular deer hunting area and have hunted for 45 years.  I have never seen anyone in the woods with an ar.  I used to still hunt with a 30 30 with no sling.  Killed alot of big deer that way.  It was always ready.  They are great guns for still hunting but most people are tree stand hunters now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

26 shorts with a Marlin 39A.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Define best.

Magazine capacity?
Accuracy?
Terminal performance?
External ballistics?
Rifle weight?
Ammo weight?
Ease of optics mounting?
Ammo selection?
Trigger pull?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They get a lot of hate for some reason.

They are one of the best deer rifles you can buy though if you are shooting under 200 yards.
Define best.

Magazine capacity?
Accuracy?
Terminal performance?
External ballistics?
Rifle weight?
Ammo weight?
Ease of optics mounting?
Ammo selection?
Trigger pull?

I said one of the best. Not the best.

For me that is, lightweight, fixed mag (no chance of losing it in the woods), compact and easy to carry (lever guns are typically shorter than bolt guns), hard hitting with off the shelf ammo, very comfortable to sit or walk with and easy to aim.

The only gun that I like hunting with more than my 30-30 is an AR, but NY fucked that all up for me.

It's a great balance of size, weight, and power on your average whitetail. I've never missed or lost a deer with mine, you hit them in the boiler room and the flop right over.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
There’s a difference in being adequate at something and being the best at something...which is what the post I quoted said.

There’s nothing wrong with hunting deer with a lever gun. It does the job.

But when the question becomes which gun does the job best, the lever gun isn’t the answer...particularly if it’s a tube feed design.

I have no hate for the lever gun. And I can even understand the love to the extent that it’s based on a historic/nostalgic sentimentality. But I can’t go along with trying to pretend that it’s anything more than an interesting chapter in the history of firearms development that became technologically obsolete once the technology of auto loading was solved. Hence, I consider it a fun gun.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Obsolete does not mean inadequate. No reason to be insulted.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My ability to take game animals doesn't revolve around the ability to sling lead down range as quickly as possible.  A semi auto is better at that anyhow.   Last falls deer was taken at 380 yards with a .308 bolt gun.  I have no use for a 30-30.  There's nothing it does better than a comparable semi auto.
View Quote
And that was exactly my point as well. What does an auto do better than a lever gun that you feel the need to put it down than getting bullets down range faster? Where I hunt there is no need for a 380 yard bolt gun to shoot a deer. FFS people just want to put down what they don't like. That was my other point. Loss of popularity does not mean obsolete.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Ruger made a neat little 17 HMR lever gun that was rotary mag fed.
Had one in my hands and was too dumb to see it for what it was and didn't purchase.
Dang that was dumb.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Obsolete does not mean inadequate. No reason to be insulted.
View Quote
I am not insulted, I have both bolt and auto guns. How is it obsolete? Maybe better wording is "out of style" now that you can grab an AR for the same price.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

There’s a difference in being adequate at something and being the best at something...which is what the post I quoted said.
View Quote
No, it didn't.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Eventually, yes, but the staggering volume of guns produced in the chambering, the general well-rounded utility of the round and its weapons, and the overall conservatism of gun owners guarantees it will be a long and slow decline.  In comparison, .30 carbine is a blip on the radar, disadvantaged by its short service span (both round and weapons), and inferior general utility.  The entire rise and decline of the .30 carbine is contained well within the ongoing lifespan of .30 WCF.

In the realm of slinging lead to kill things, there are only so many meaningful divisions to accomplish the task.  .30-30 and lever guns admirably meet the demands of a very popular spot in that ballistic continuum.  Until a major paradigm shift upsets the mature industry of cartridge firearms, .30-30 will never be obsolete.  Even then, note that muzzleloaders are not extinct.
View Quote
It’s as obsolete as the corded drill is.

Can I drill a hole effectively with my old Skil drill? Yes. It runs like a champ. Are there situations where having to be within so many feet of a socket imposes no practical limitation on me? Sure.

But even if I am just drilling one hole right next to a socket, i’m still more likely to grab my cordless drill. Why be tethered to a socket when I don’t need to be?

Obsolete does not mean useless. But would any of us tell a guy who is just now building up his tool kit to make sure his first drill is a corded one?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't know anyone who's purchased a NEW 30-30 in this century.
View Quote
This with the cheap Bolt scoped 30-06s.

Just about everyone I know has an AR or 5.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Can I drill a hole effectively with my old Skil drill? Yes. It runs like a champ. Are there situations where having to be within so many feet of a socket imposes no practical limitation on me? Sure.

But even if I am just drilling one hole right next to a socket, i’m still more likely to grab my cordless drill. Why be tethered to a socket when I don’t need to be?

Obsolete does not mean useless. But would any of us tell a guy who is just now building up his tool kit to make sure his first drill is a corded one?
View Quote
Sorry but that is a bad analogy. The lever gun has all the same functioning parts and does not have to be attached to anything. Out of style does not mean obsolete.

Might as well get rid of bolt guns then since it's all AR's now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

But when the question becomes which gun does the job best, the lever gun isn’t the answer...particularly if it’s a tube feed design.

I have no hate for the lever gun. And I can even understand the love to the extent that it’s based on a historic/nostalgic sentimentality. But I can’t go along with trying to pretend that it’s anything more than an interesting chapter in the history of firearms development that became technologically obsolete once the technology of auto loading was solved. Hence, I consider it a fun gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For it's intended purpose it's just as good, or better than, any other rifle.  A lot of the shit you listed in your initial post doesn't even apply to Eastern deer hunting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you have to spend time reloading to get the cost down to what someone else pays to walk into a store and be done with it in 5 minutes? Not to mention leading in your bore.

And an afternoon of shooting is limited to 40-80 rounds? Because you need obsolete technology to make you shoot slower? Man, that is a straight up BS justification.

What is this phenomenon with gun guys where they feel the need to justify something as necessary rather than just accepting that it’s enjoyable?

Dude, all you have to say is “I enjoy shooting my lever guns.” No further justification is needed. But these nonsensical arguments that try and prop up the lever gun as a need rather than a want...
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So you have to spend time reloading to get the cost down to what someone else pays to walk into a store and be done with it in 5 minutes? Not to mention leading in your bore.

And an afternoon of shooting is limited to 40-80 rounds? Because you need obsolete technology to make you shoot slower? Man, that is a straight up BS justification.

What is this phenomenon with gun guys where they feel the need to justify something as necessary rather than just accepting that it’s enjoyable?

Dude, all you have to say is “I enjoy shooting my lever guns.” No further justification is needed. But these nonsensical arguments that try and prop up the lever gun as a need rather than a want...
View Quote
Wow, where did the bad lever gun touch you?

nonsensical?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recommend corded tools for people that don't use them very often.  Lower cost of entry for similar quality.  And.  In 5-10-20 years that corded tool is still going to be working.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top