Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 25
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Anyone know what the best way to contact F5? I sent them an email with some questions and haven't heard back in a few days. I might just take the plunge and order from the site. I just didn't want to end up with a shipping SNAFU.
View Quote
I’ll send you a PM with his personal email.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Anyone know what the best way to contact F5? I sent them an email with some questions and haven't heard back in a few days. I might just take the plunge and order from the site. I just didn't want to end up with a shipping SNAFU.
View Quote
If you're on Instagram, his username is @f5mfg

That's how I've talked with him
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks all. I had used the email correct for his direct contact. I'll give it a little longer and call him.

I'm not in a huge rush, there's just a few things I want to prototype for the can launcher. I'm thinking of some simple 3D printable sights that use common hardware.

ETA. When I get on an idea, I obsess.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Make your own what? You've caught my interest
View Quote
Make your own blank only magazine. Easy from a pmag or usgi mag. Straight 20rd are crazy easy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Read title as "corn cannon"
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been lurking in this thread for a while.

I did a group buy for 5 barrels. I also bought the stock and sight yesterday.

A couple of things - I have had a lot of duds from the Atlantic Wall blanks - like 15%.

I bought a Hornady die. Loading info is pretty scarce but I used 7 grains of Universal Clays (someone gave me a partial bottle) - That seems to about match the M200 load for range and recoil. I do have to be careful not to collapse the shoulders - maybe I should lube.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have been lurking in this thread for a while.

I did a group buy for 5 barrels. I also bought the stock and sight yesterday.

A couple of things - I have had a lot of duds from the Atlantic Wall blanks - like 15%.

I bought a Hornady die. Loading info is pretty scarce but I used 7 grains of Universal Clays (someone gave me a partial bottle) - That seems to about match the M200 load for range and recoil. I do have to be careful not to collapse the shoulders - maybe I should lube.
View Quote
I have found a few places suggesting loads. Most used Unique or W231.

Anyone with blank dies and would want to rent them out let me know. I just hate the idea of dropping $100 on a die. Seems like someone could make a simple star crimp plug for a lee bullet seating die. Run them in 2 stages one producing the star and then remove plug and insert one that finishes the crimp and rounds it out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?

I see a can cannon pointed at me!

Love it. Nice setup man.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#9]
For those of you who have the capability, here is a 3D-printed leaf sight: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2187562

Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:23:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Sweet thanks. I was going to design something similar.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#11]
About 87% finished.

Waiting on stencil, blanks and golf ball adapter.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone tried making smoke bombs yet for these?

Watched some videos on the 37mm reloading and seems like it would be possible with the can cannon.

Would have to supe up the fuse so it will catch fire. Guy on YT mixed denatured alcohol and black powder into a paste and coated his 37mm smoke fuses.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone figure out the optimal angle yet for distance? I already have this riser, plus the sight is flipped backwards and moved forward as much as possible to increase the angle.  Using the line in the table in the picture, I might be at 30 degrees of angle but do I need more?  If so, I may need a higher riser or an A2 carry handle to get my angle higher as I don't know if this is high enough?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried making smoke bombs yet for these?

Watched some videos on the 37mm reloading and seems like it would be possible with the can cannon.

Would have to supe up the fuse so it will catch fire. Guy on YT mixed denatured alcohol and black powder into a paste and coated his 37mm smoke fuses.
View Quote
sugar and saltpeter
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Finally received my entire order for F5 and got my stencil in the mail today as well. Shot it about 20 times. On the 4-5 shot it blew out the cross pin on the barrel. Not sure if I need to send it back or what. Overall happy. The golf balls are stupid fast. Took it to the fire meeting tonight and the guys enjoyed shooting it at the burn building.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

FYI: the Arizona green tea plastic bottles makes great projectiles. I filled one almost all the way up with water and froze it. Was able to shoot it 6-7 times before I messed up too much. Did kick think I should back the water back down to 12oz for the proper weight.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Have we noticed that F5 is selling .308 launchers now?
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#17]
That 3-d printed sight a few posts up looks really neat.

I put together a can launcher and really recommend a side-charging setup. Much easier to charge from the shoulder. The Bear Creek one I used is on sale right now direct from the manufacturer, so why not!
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That 3-d printed sight a few posts up looks really neat.
View Quote
My buddy has a PRUSA 3d printer and is gonna get it printed at some point. I'll report back once its in hand and mounted.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Getting 4-7 firings out of the Arizona Green Tea plastic bottles with water inside. The frozen bottles should last much longer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I purchased this M203 sight (it was a little more expensive than the ebay version but it came from a reputable company with excellent customer service) and put it on this cheapo half-inch riser mount (I wouldn't normally buy bottom-of-the-barrel gun accessories from amazon for less than a tenner, but the stakes are pretty low for this range toy). Unfortunately I haven't gotten a chance to mount it on my clauncher yet because it is in storage right now. Once I unpack everything, I'll mount and test it out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

I love the quadrant sight on this thing. Maxxed out it ia dead on at 100yds
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

Someone post a pic of their barrel, etc. I'm curious as to how the design changed over the years...
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wanted to share this with yall. Others pointed me in the direction and was able to find in stock an el cheapo fixed stock for a dedicated can cannon.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/31KGZWQxgpL-699288.JPG

$18.95 with free shipping
View Quote
I ordered one of these. They shipped slow, I eventually received a pair of cheap magazine pouches last Wednesday. No response from the seller, I was allowed to submit a claim through Amazon today.

This has happened to me a couple times with other items. After looking at the sellers feedback they have the same complaint from a couple other people.

Why do sellers do this? Amazon always gives me my refund. Do they get some kind of hit from Amazon if they don't ship anything, as opposed to needing to deal with the return? I would think that the shipping, return and refund to be to much expense and trouble compared to just cancelling the sale if they don't have the part.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Ran the can cannon across the chrono.

The 12oz cans are not true. I launched 3 cans. One was 12oz the other 2 were 16 so the weight is wrong and ft lbs is as well. The velocity should be correct.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/31/2018 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Just to further clarify that that X products are a bunch of turds they hit my Youtube video up with a trademark infringement for referring to the F5 can cannon as a can cannon. Stated that they own the trademark of "Can cannon" and wanted me to change my videos name.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just to further clarify that that X products are a bunch of turds they hit my Youtube video up with a trademark infringement for referring to the F5 can cannon as a can cannon. Stated that they own the trademark of "Can cannon" and wanted me to change my videos name.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/Untitled_jpg-723094.JPG
View Quote
Are you allowed to add FUCK X PRODUCTS to the title?
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Are you allowed to add FUCK X PRODUCTS to the title?
View Quote
LOL I thought of that.

Changing the title to F5 MFG Can Launcher which is far superior in every way to the Anti 2A Trade marked X-Products Can Cannon.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

LOL I thought of that.

Changing the title to F5 MFG Can Launcher which is far superior in every way to the Anti 2A Trade marked X-Products Can Cannon.
View Quote
Or you could be passive about it and call it F5 MFG Can Launcher, the ONLY one you should consider buying (unless you hate freedom).
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

LOL I thought of that.

View Quote
Yep, as someone who owns a Trademark a title like that will pass muster. Doesn't mean they won't try to make a claim via threatening letter, but ultimately they would have no legal claim to stand on.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Next video needs to be talking about Malarkys wife raising money for Anytown anti-gunners. Stick to the facts and just state what she asked on her social media. It will make them look like idiots.

Thing is it looks like Malarky himself requested the video ban.

Company said the “separated” with him.....not enough for him to be making decisions.

Remember he gives money to anti-gun groups and so does his ditzy Instagram lifestyle wife.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Or you could be passive about it and call it F5 MFG Can Launcher, the ONLY one you should consider buying (unless you hate freedom).
View Quote
I don't know. . . It sure looks to me like F5 and X-Products have a business relationship (and are thusly just as bad, if not worse).  It looks to me like F5 is selling everything X-Products did and one wonders how all of that licensing happened so quickly.  Call me dubious.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't know. . . It sure looks to me like F5 and X-Products have a business relationship (and are thusly just as bad, if not worse).  It looks to me like F5 is selling everything X-Products did and one wonders how all of that licensing happened so quickly.  Call me dubious.
View Quote
I hope they can get away with all they can legally. X-Products needs to be out of business.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
From my understanding F5 has made everything up until the 2 companies separated a few months or years ago whenever that was. I spoke directly at with X Products at the IV8888 YT shoot and the man himself told me they do not make mags or hold a patten on them. (Inquiring about a M11/9 drum.)

It appears F5 designed and manufactured everything and X-Products did nothing more than sell it under there brand. And trademark the name.

Since there split the anti 2A company has had to find someone else to make there uppers.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've apparently not read much of this thread. See swampfoxoutdoors post above.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You've apparently not read much of this thread. See swampfoxoutdoors post above.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are no longer affiliated in any way.  Buy from F5.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 12:26:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is it just me or is this proof that Malarkey is in fact still at the helm of Xproducts, despite the company saying he was removed and is no longer a part of the company?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Is it just me or is this proof that Malarkey is in fact still at the helm of Xproducts, despite the company saying he was removed and is no longer a part of the company?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly what that means, he may not be running day to day operations but he's involved and still cashing the checks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#38]
109 for side charging uppers and bolt group, 24hr sale...

Primary Arms
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#39]
I forgot to post this here when I finished it week before last

The Space Force Can Launch device

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I think of Can Cannon like I do Q-Tip or Vaseline.

Nobody refers to those things as "cotton swabs" or "petroleum jelly" regardless of the actual brand or manufacturer.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#41]
F5, is running a sale on the golf ball/can launcher combo, $149.00+ shipping. I just ordered one to replace my can cannon only model, just under $162 shipped.
I'd post a link, BUT, F5's sight won't let me back on since completing my order....
I get this message "For security reasons, logins from your network are temporarily prohibited. Please try again later."

F5's website has always been fucky for me, not sure why.....
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Since I was having trouble during order placement(site crashed at the end of the order process) I decided to give F5 a call.

No answer, left a message. Jeff, returned my call within about 5min. Helluva of nice guy to talk with! We were able to confirm my order was fine. He's going to get my new golf ball/can cannon combo upper sent out today, USPS should have it here Wednesday

Since I'm on vacation this week, I'll get some play time with it either the day of or day after delivery
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Just order a 5 pack of the can/golfball launchers.  Hard to beat a free one and free shipping.  Shouldn't be hard to sell them to friends or if any of you are in Bama we can always meet up and do a deal.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#44]
My friend was able to print the Airsoft grenade launcher sight on his 3D printer. (This one: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2187562) He also drew up and printed a cargo canister for test launching. The canister weighed 1.85 ounces. I did not weigh it after it was packed with clay, but by the feel of it it seemed less than or equal to the weight of a twelve ounce beverage.

I mounted the sight to my can launcher and packed the canister full of field clay:

Closeup:

The 3D printed canister disassembled itself as it exited the barrel. This was partially due to print orientation and design:

Here are the pieces I was able to recover from the canister as well as broken pieces from the upright portion of the 3D printed sight:

The sight was brittle in the cold temperatures and snapped easily when I attempted to lower it with gloved finger:

All in all, it was a good test. We've got a better plan to re-draw the canister and will print it at a different orientation for better durability.

EDIT: Attempted to correct photo issues.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My friend was able to print the Airsoft grenade launcher sight on his 3D printer. (This one: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2187562) He also drew up and printed a cargo canister for test launching. The canister weighed 1.85 ounces. I did not weigh it after it was packed with clay, but by the feel of it it seemed less than or equal to the weight of a twelve ounce beverage.

I mounted the sight to my can launcher and packed the canister full of field clay:
https://imgur.com/MTmObYg

Closeup:
https://imgur.com/s7RfTXC

The 3D printed canister disassembled itself as it exited the barrel. This was partially due to print orientation and design:
https://imgur.com/yoGfnyW

Here are the pieces I was able to recover from the canister as well as broken pieces from the upright portion of the 3D printed sight:
https://imgur.com/eImrN5T

The sight was brittle in the cold temperatures and snapped easily when I attempted to lower it with gloved finger:
https://imgur.com/xnIn4Zn

All in all, it was a good test. We've got a better plan to re-draw the canister and will print it at a different orientation for better durability.
View Quote
Images are not showing up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks. How about now?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thanks. How about now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. How about now?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Thanks. How about now?
View Quote
Yep.

And your buddy need to publish his canister file. That’s awesome.

When I see that it makes me think of the 3D printed smoke rounds for 37mm launchers.

You could have them printed by someone else by a more durable plastic or metal.

I’m 3D printing ignorant.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#49]
We'll work on the design a bit more amd then consider sharing the .STL file.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#50]
X Products are in PHX right now at the gun show.

I wanted to go up and give them hell, yet i held back...
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top