User Panel

Page / 728
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#3]
This might be one to keep an eye on for future price drops.

Canon EOS Rebel T6 EF-S 18-55mm + EF 75-300mm Double Zoom Kit, $449
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:11:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4G37] [#5]
Went to a local WM to check on a “limited stock” Remington 770 in .270 Win. w/scope.  After looking at all the rifles in the case, the nice young lady behind the counter agreed to scan the www.brickseek.com bar code. Showed one in stock. After 30 minutes plus the manager showed up, checked the inventory, went to the store room, came back with the rifle. He said it had been in the store room 5+ years. Took it home, cleaned it, lubed it, leveled the scope, tightened the mount, and took it to the range. At 50 yards it was on paper, and quickly zeroed. Scope is decent and seems to hold zero, about all you can ask for from a no name Chinese scope. For $124 I really can’t complain, I will take it deer hunting this coming weekend.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:13:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gohuskers] [#6]
Inventory shows a couple of the Eufy's at the store I visited but nowhere in sight - either in the department or the clearance aisle.  Are they holding these in back somewhere?  What's the trick to finding the inventory?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I got 3 Roomba 680 yesterday in Ga.  Had to get the girl to keep looking in the back. She actually checked for 20 min and finally found them on a high shelf in the security cage in the back.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
What zip codes are returning $50 results?  I could use some of these.  Live in NW Louisiana but travel to Houston, west Texas, and Oklahoma regularly.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TSU45:

What zip codes are returning $50 results?  I could use some of these.  Live in NW Louisiana but travel to Houston, west Texas, and Oklahoma regularly.
View Quote
No idea.  They're still $148 in my area.  I just found it on Dexter's site and it said they were as low as $50.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:54:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wingmanchris] [#11]
AAR from back storage room...

I also scored a Roomba 680 today.  The girl actually brought me in the back room because she said they were heavy and up on a shelf so she couldn’t get them herself.  She never even tried to argue that they didn’t exist, or any other excuse...she just said if we have them, that’s the room they are supposed to be in.  I didn’t say anything but followed her to the back lockup room where all small electronic, computers, drones, etc. are kept.

I really wish I had some sort of software like we all talked about that could list all clearance items in a given store, and even slim it down further to individual department.  I’m sure I could have been rolling in clearance deals.

The room was packed floor to ceiling in no particular order, no shelf labeling of any kind.  Shit all over the floor, open boxes, items out of boxes.  It was an inventory nightmare. No wonder they can’t find anything.  It took me about 15 minutes of digging through shit with her help before I found one.  Same store was supposed to also have an 801 and the one of the Black and Decker brand robot vacuums as well, but did not find either and assumed they were displays.  Inventory showed two 680s, I only found one, so also guessing the other is/was the display.

I thanked her repeatedly and offered to buy her lunch at the in store Subway.  She accepted and while walking up front I mentioned that I look for clearance deals from time to time and told her what a help it was that she let me help her look in the back.  We exchanged names and I told her I would be back from time to time and would ask for her.  This is now the third store I have an “in” at.

Before you pervs get any ideas, I’m married, and she had the looks to make a freight train take a dirt road.  Kind hearted though.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By wingmanchris:

I also scored a Roomba 680 today.  The girl actually brought me in the back room because she said they were heavy and up on a shelf so she couldn’t get them herself.  She never even tried to argue that they didn’t exist, or any other excuse...she just said if we have them, that’s the room they are supposed to be in.  I didn’t say anything but followed her to the back lockup room where all small electronic, computers, drones, etc. are kept.

I really wish I had some sort of software like we all talked about that could list all clearance items in a given store, and even slim it down further to individual department.  I’m sure I could have been rolling in clearance deals.

The room was packed floor to ceiling in no particular order, no shelf labeling of any kind.  Shit all over the floor, open boxes, items out of boxes.  It was an inventory nightmare. No wonder they can’t find anything.  It took me about 15 minutes of digging through shit with her help before I found one.  Same store was supposed to also have an 801 and the one of the Black and Decker brand robot vacuums as well, but did not find either and assumed they were displays.  Inventory showed two 680s, I only found one, so also guessing the other is/was the display.

I thanked her repeatedly and offered to buy her lunch at the in store Subway.  She accepted and while walking up front I mentioned that I look for clearance deals from time to time and told her what a help it was that she let me help her look in the back.  We exchanged names and I told her I would be back from time to time and would ask for her.  This is now the third store I have an “in” at.

Before you pervs get any ideas, I’m married, and she had the looks to make a freight train take a dirt road.  Kind hearted though.
View Quote
Interesting!

I'm still telling your wife!  
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
Username doesn't check out
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Before you pervs get any ideas, I’m married, and she had the looks to make a freight train take a dirt road. Kind hearted though.
View Quote
Unless she is on Arfcom and reads your description of her.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AustinAl:
I received my Federal rebate today.

I am pissed.

It is a $50 Visa Debit card.

I can find nowhere in the terms that the rebate is in the form of a debit card.

In fact it states "Rebate paid in U.S. funds only".

I am not sure if federal is skirting the law here by not issuing a check and not disclosing its a debit card.

I am very sure I checked NO boxes that authorized a debit card.
View Quote
If you're that offended, send me a PM and I'll take the crappy debit card off your hands.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AustinAl:
I received my Federal rebate today.

I am pissed.

It is a $50 Visa Debit card.

I can find nowhere in the terms that the rebate is in the form of a debit card.

In fact it states "Rebate paid in U.S. funds only".

I am not sure if federal is skirting the law here by not issuing a check and not disclosing its a debit card.

I am very sure I checked NO boxes that authorized a debit card.
View Quote
Why would that matter at all?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#17]

She didn't strike me as the conservative, black rifle toting, America first type.  And the roomba will be a Christmas present for my wife.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#18]
As I understand it, to find these deals you have to go into a store, seek out a manager or find someone else to physically retrieve the item on sale as it won't be anywhere in the store where a customer can actually find it.  Is this about right?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By gohuskers:
As I understand it, to find these deals you have to go into a store, seek out a manager or find someone else to physically retrieve the item on sale as it won't be anywhere in the store where a customer can actually find it.  Is this about right?
View Quote
The clearance guns will probably be in the back 99% of the time.  Some of the items will be sitting on the shelf, right where they belong, with the original price still showing, but if you scan the barcode it will show the clearance price.  Other items will be in the clearance section of the store.  Electronic items will probably be behind the counter in the drawers.  Then, yes, some items you will have to find a manager to go look for the things.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
Sometimes, not always.

I have found items on their normal shelf unmarked and have found them hidden behind other items near their spot. For the higher value items they may be locked in some random cabinet or lost in the back storage area. This is assuming the item wasn't stolen earlier or hidden by an employee saving it for themselves.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By XeonEvolved:
Sometimes, not always.

I have found items on their normal shelf unmarked and have found them hidden behind other items near their spot. For the higher value items they may be locked in some random cabinet or lost in the back storage area. This is assuming the item wasn't stolen earlier or hidden by an employee saving it for themselves.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XeonEvolved:
Sometimes, not always.

i have had the most luck with things that are kept under lock and key at all times.  guns have for the most part been there after arguing with the counter drone to actually look for it.  ammo that is locked up is usually spot on.  shotgun shells that are on the shelves have been hit and miss.  same with rifle ammo that is shelved.  electronics have been good if they show more than one in stock, 0 limited stock has almost 100% of the time meant the store display model, and most are reluctant to sell.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:57:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gimmeammo13] [#22]
Originally Posted By gimmeammo13:

i have had the most luck with things that are kept under lock and key at all times.  guns have for the most part been there after arguing with the counter drone to actually look for it.  ammo that is locked up is usually spot on.  shotgun shells that are on the shelves have been hit and miss.  same with rifle ammo that is shelved.  electronics have been good if they show more than one in stock, 0 limited stock has almost 100% of the time meant the store display model, and most are reluctant to sell.
View Quote
also, if you are looking for outdoors type stuff dont ask the stock guy sporting the 10 point buck tattoo on his forearm to look for them for you.  ask the squirrely looking skater dude floating around electronics.  ask mr buck tattoo about the pots and pans you have the barcode for.  they are both less likely to be interested in whatever deal you are clutching in your hands.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bucksbrewer:
Auto Drive 4k dash cam $30
View Quote
Heads up, Y’all. These are showing at $20 and $15 with plenty in stock (at least around me).
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By simplemitch:

Heads up, Y’all. These are showing at $20 and $15 with plenty in stock (at least around me).
View Quote
Pretty terrible reviews...
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Regarding this ladderstand that many stores are showing 10+ in stock at reg. price ($94), that some think might be an inventory error - I saw at least 10 on a pallet in the middle of the main isle in front of the sporting goods area at my store Monday night, still marked at $94 and confirmed by scanning the UPC with the Walmart app.  So your store(s) showing multiple in stock could be correct.  Keep watching for them to drop.  I heard my sporting good guy tell another customer that probably early January lots of hunting stuff will go on clearance.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#26]
also, if you are looking for outdoors type stuff dont ask the stock guy sporting the 10 point buck tattoo on his forearm to look for them for you.  ask the squirrely looking skater dude floating around electronics.  ask mr buck tattoo about the pots and pans you have the barcode for.  they are both less likely to be interested in whatever deal you are clutching in you hands.
View All Quotes

also, if you are looking for outdoors type stuff dont ask the stock guy sporting the 10 point buck tattoo on his forearm to look for them for you.  ask the squirrely looking skater dude floating around electronics.  ask mr buck tattoo about the pots and pans you have the barcode for.  they are both less likely to be interested in whatever deal you are clutching in you hands.
I agree with everything that has been said so far.  Remember, sometimes if you are overly polite to the employee, they will come around and may put a little extra effort in.  
Also, be prepared for them to be dumbfounded when they see the clearance price, especially if it is still marked with the original tag.  They may fight you on the price, but again be polite yet firm.
If you find an employee that actually helps you and does go above and beyond from what the normal mouth breathers do, make it worth their time.  I know some will fight me on this and claim it’s their job, they should always be helpful, but we all know that is not the normal Walmart employee.
One store I frequent, I made buddies with the sporting goods guy by honking him up with info on some clearance knives. Store had Multiples in stock, I bought a couple and he bought the rest.  Also clued him in on a few soft rifle cases.  I went back to the store a few weeks later looking for the Nikon scope and he was there.  He looked all around up front, and couldn’t find it. I left my number and he called me later that day after he found it and a bunch of other clearance scopes, binos, and rangefinders for me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Thanks. Bunch in my area but all full price. Will keep an eye out
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Walmart in Steubenville, OH had 6 of the JBL Charge 3 BT speakers for $59. Picked up 2. The guy helping me was great. There are a few different bar codes that work because each code has a different color. Got a black one and a grey one.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By PKT1106:
Walmart in Steubenville, OH had 6 of the JBL Charge 3 BT speakers for $59. Picked up 2. The guy helping me was great. There are a few different bar codes that work because each code has a different color. Got a black one and a grey one.
View Quote
did you check for the mini 14 while you were there?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
I did not. Pressed for time and didn't have time to check out the whole list on page one.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#31]
I did not. Pressed for time and didn't have time to check out the whole list on page one.
View All Quotes

probably didn't miss out, i've been repeatedly beating up on them for that, the 3 boxes of fusion 30/30, and those damnable trays of kitchen gadgets for $1 for over a month now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:12:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: phonegunner] [#32]

View Quote
Did ya help her look for the Coleman Mini Bike?
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=40486686
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By phonegunner:

View Quote
Are you a wizard?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:41:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gimmeammo13] [#34]
Are you a wizard?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By phonegunner:

Are you a wizard?
i propose we all get together and pitch an arfcom day to walmart.  one day a year, they get the drones out of our way, let us go into the back and find all the shit we've been looking for for a year and buy it.  cleans out their backroom nightmare, and ends our "we aint got none if there aint none on the shelf" nightmare.  win win for everyone.  lol
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#35]

probably didn't miss out, i've been repeatedly beating up on them for that, the 3 boxes of fusion 30/30, and those damnable trays of kitchen gadgets for $1 for over a month now.
View Quote
A local store supposedly has 11 boxes of the Fusion. I stopped by last week and inquired,but the girl said anything they had would be in the case. She obviously wanted no part in looking for it, so I settled for some of the federal Power-Shok and figured it would be the same price, post rebate.

Might go back and look later, but I don't expect much to come of it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By simplemitch:

View Quote
They also had impulse displays of a different model for $17 and $19, depending on how big the SD card was. Smaller unit also.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By tep0583:

A local store supposedly has 11 boxes of the Fusion. I stopped by last week and inquired,but the girl said anything they had would be in the case. She obviously wanted no part in looking for it, so I settled for some of the federal Power-Shok and figured it would be the same price, post rebate.

Might go back and look later, but I don't expect much to come of it.
View Quote
It's been there every time I've been able to convince them to look. The exact amount showing on brickseek is what they've had. Try to pull up barcode and get an employee with a scanner to check their inventory. If you can get them to do that, it might be enough to convince. They are flat out lying when they say they don't have anything stored elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Tep0583 what part of ohio are you located in..?  I was thinking about going to a store that was showing some fusion, but dont want to a waste time if it's the same one
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TSU45:

View Quote
Originally Posted By officerX:

No idea.  They're still $148 in my area.  I just found it on Dexter's site and it said they were as low as $50.
View Quote
BS says it's only 1% discounted.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:18:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goodnerd] [#40]
Found a Roomba 680 on sale.  Actually found several at one location and asked them to match the price of the other store.  Still trying to get the hang of this.

They'll price match walmart. com but not another Walmart store?  Told them I'll wait until they drop like the other stores.

The inconsistency mixed with lazy/incompetent workers is annoying.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By goodnerd:
Found a Roomba 680 on sale.  Actually found several at one location and asked them to match the price of the other store.  Still trying to get the hang of this.

They'll price match walmart.com but not another Walmart store?  Told them I'll wait until they drop like the other stores.

The inconsistency mixed with lazy/incompetent workers is annoying.
View Quote
Correct
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I picked up a couple of the Clip2 speakers when they were on clearance; a decent little speaker.

JBL Clip 3 Speaker, $5
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#47]
BS is saying this could be down to $150.  I believe this is the 30-06 model.

Savage AXIS XP Rifle, $150
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone one else seeing the Roomba 680 and 801 Brickseek links to View on Walmart route to the newer models?  First time I've seen something like that.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:52:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: c1ogden] [#50]
The clearance guns will probably be in the back 99% of the time.  Some of the items will be sitting on the shelf, right where they belong, with the original price still showing, but if you scan the barcode it will show the clearance price.  Other items will be in the clearance section of the store.  Electronic items will probably be behind the counter in the drawers.  Then, yes, some items you will have to find a manager to go look for the things.
View All Quotes
I have scored about a dozen deals in the past year from this thread (Thanks to the OP and all others who have posted deals!). I have not bought any guns but have gotten ammo, a drone, various camping items, and tools. In only one case was the item on the shelf where it belonged, every other time it was in the warehouse and an employee had to get it for me. This is not counting the 2 dozen times that it was never found because nobody could be bothered to go check for it. Maybe they really didn't have it but every time somebody checked they had it and they had exactly what BS said they had.
Page / 728
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top