Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 728
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By officerX:
Regarding this ladderstand that many stores are showing 10+ in stock at reg. price ($94), that some think might be an inventory error - I saw at least 10 on a pallet in the middle of the main isle in front of the sporting goods area at my store Monday night, still marked at $94 and confirmed by scanning the UPC with the Walmart app.  So your store(s) showing multiple in stock could be correct.  Keep watching for them to drop.  I heard my sporting good guy tell another customer that probably early January lots of hunting stuff will go on clearance.
View Quote
$50 not far from me
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up 4 of the big game 2 man tree stands for $50. Store had 20+ in inventory. When I got to the store there were only two stands in the aisle. I asked the lady covering the sporting goods area for a couple more, and she wheeled out another full pallet. She told me she had just put out a full pallet last night.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]
BS is saying this could be down to $150.  I believe this is the 30-06 model.

Savage AXIS XP Rifle, $150
View Quote
Still 199 here, at 150 I'll go get em, after rebate that's 90 bucks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CuseNH:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
BS is saying this could be down to $150.  I believe this is the 30-06 model.

Savage AXIS XP Rifle, $150
Cabelas has them on sale for $299, after rebate $239, regular price $349.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By gimmeammo13:

bmag as requested.
View Quote
@gimmieammo13
Thank you very much! Now I just need to find one some where
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AustinAl:
I received my Federal rebate today.

I am pissed.

It is a $50 Visa Debit card.

I can find nowhere in the terms that the rebate is in the form of a debit card.

In fact it states "Rebate paid in U.S. funds only".

I am not sure if federal is skirting the law here by not issuing a check and not disclosing its a debit card.

I am very sure I checked NO boxes that authorized a debit card.
View Quote
For those butthurt about the debit card. Use it for anything but when you have a low balance just buy an amazon gift card with it. It doesn’t matter how low it is you can do any amount I’m pretty sure. That way you get all your money back without giving those fucks any money back.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By phonegunner:

In 2 years the $400 glock will still be worth around $400 where the $650 computer will be worth $10
View Quote
Isn’t this a felonious act to sell a gun across state lines to an unknown person?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Imlooloo:

Isn’t this a felonious act to sell a gun across state lines to an unknown person?
View Quote
Through an ffl?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Imlooloo:

View Quote
Originally Posted By mattellis2:

Through an ffl?
View Quote
I'm hoping that was a brain fart!  
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:41:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Huntmaster2:

It's not a really big deal, but a lot of the prepaid cards that are not reloadable will end up with less than 50 cents and you can't use it anywhere. Again, not a big deal but aggravating that you can't actually get all of your money.
View Quote
Pretty much anywhere can run it for the balance on it if you ask. Avoid using them for food and gas.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:00:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

Pretty much anywhere can run it for the balance on it if you ask. Avoid using them for food and gas.
View Quote
I have Comcast and whenever I get these weird debit cards I just do a payment to comcast via their website for the total amount of the gift card. That way I use it 100% and it just shows as a credit next month. Almost good as cash to me this way.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone get one of the $64 lenovo tablets and try it out yet? The reviews on amazon for them are pretty mixed...

I have been watching 3 in my local store and finally they came down to $64. If they were 25 or 30 dollars it would be a no brainer but not sure about them even at $64
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By NWRed:
@gimmieammo13
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NWRed:
Originally Posted By gimmeammo13:

bmag as requested.
@gimmieammo13
good luck!  the one i was disappeared from inventory altogether.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:04:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gimmeammo13] [#15]
picked up the samsung galaxy tab a6 7" of $70 at wally world on clearance.  i bought it specifically to take to the stores and scan for prices.  the phone is just a little too small for these old eyes.  got it home set it all up, and took it to my local to try it out.  the damned thing will not focus on the barcodes.  if i move the barcode to try to get it into wherever it is focusing the focus actually shifts to keep it blurry.  it's like the little bastich is messing with me.  camera works fine in every other respect.  took a picture of a barcode outside of the app and it the camera works fine.  anyone else have one of these?  if so does it work for price scanning for you.  trying to figure out if it is just my little unit or if it specific to the whole model.  just mine, i'll exchange it.  all of them, i will live with it.

link if anyone is interested

galaxy tab a6 7"
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cankles4Prison] [#16]
Not a single one of the Bmag above in NH, ME, or VT.  Not even a price.

This is the only Bmag around here.  Full price $298.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=159043031
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Robotic vac from Amazon warehouse deals:  used - like new $155.31

Amazon Product
  • Hoover Home App updated on 1/8/18 with improvements and solution for connection problems
  • Robart® Mapping with Memory Navigation: I use a high-tech laser to navigate your home and remember your floorplan which optimizes my cleaning path
  • SmartWall™ Technology: You can create virtual boundaries in the Hoover Home App to customize what areas are off limits to me

Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Haoleb:
Anyone get one of the $64 lenovo tablets and try it out yet? The reviews on amazon for them are pretty mixed...

I have been watching 3 in my local store and finally they came down to $64. If they were 25 or 30 dollars it would be a no brainer but not sure about them even at $64
View Quote
I'm using the one I bought for me.  I have no complaints, but if I were to nit pick it I could complain that the back light is a little uneven. I suppose some people might complain about it's weight - it feels as heavy as my old Motorola Zoom tablet. There is no software overlay so the experience is pretty much pure Android, which is fine for me I hate Samsung's software interface. Battery life seems good.  I have not tried the camera as I have no interest in taking pictures with a tablet.

I wish it came with a case, but this one works well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XTZT2V6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is a heck of a lot better than the 7" Samsung Tab we bought for our daughter last year, and that cost $85 on sale at Sams.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:18:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ranger2131] [#19]
Got my federal rebate yesterday, woohoo- 10 boxes of 270 for free.  All came on one $50 card in my case, even better.  Can store it and some other ammo in one of the seville cabinets.  Ought to go nice with the vanguard deluxe 270.  Still need to decide whether the leupold or monarch 3 will ride on top.  Winchester ammo rebate was also finally approved, now to wait on that.

This walmart clearance has been the best overall for me.  I could have snagged several Ruger minis and a $35 savage .22 before it was even posted here but left them all for others.  Same with all the binoculars- could have snagged a ton but I have a couple good pairs already and don't like to resale so left them for others. Did grab several knives and a pair of remington 870 for me and dad.  Also got a $35 dollar sliding miter saw, among other excellent deals.  I still think the marlin 45-70 from the past was the single best rifle deal ever, but the vanguards were pretty close and on the whole this clearance season surpassed that one hands down.  Thanks to everyone who contributed.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Robotic vac from Amazon warehouse deals:  used - like new $155.31

www.amazon.com/dp/B074J9KKFZ
View Quote
Terrible reviews on that.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:47:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wingmanchris] [#21]
Has any more been discussed on clearance prices pushed out by Walmart corporate?
I’m still wondering why some stores don’t show clearance prices while others do.

It seemed like only some of the firearms were marked down to clearance in certain areas this year.  For instance, down here in the south most stores still show plenty of stock of the 10\22 takedown at full price. A few random stores marked them down, but most are still in stock at full price.  All Weatherbys and Minis followed the normal markdown trends.

Other items, like the PS4 VR Doom bundle is all full price everywhere.  Only one store marked it down to clearance anywhere around here.

That same store shows 3 of an item at full price that almost every other store in the area had clearance out.  This particular store is usually the first to have clearance price stuff, but in this case it’s the opposite. I may stop by and speak with a manager and see if they just haven’t entered the clearance markdown yet.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By wingmanchris:
Has any more been discussed on clearance prices pushed out by Walmart corporate?
I’m still wondering why some stores don’t show clearance prices while others do.

It seemed like only some of the firearms were marked down to clearance in certain areas this year.  For instance, down here in the south most stores still show plenty of stock of the 10\22 takedown at full price. A few random stores marked them down, but most are still in stock at full price.  All Weatherbys and Minis followed the normal markdown trends.

Other items, like the PS4 VR Doom bundle is all full price everywhere.  Only one store marked it down to clearance anywhere around here.

That same store shows 3 of an item at full price that almost every other store in the area had clearance out.  This particular store is usually the first to have clearance price stuff, but in this case it’s the opposite. I may stop by and speak with a manager and see if they just haven’t entered the clearance markdown yet.
View Quote
I’ve been told two different things on how their clearance markdowns are done. 1. Corporate dictates the items and prices. 2. Corporate gives each store/department a clearance budget for them to use as they determine.

I bought two pairs of the Nikon binoculars in August at $59 each. A month later they have two more at regular price under the counter. No place on display for them. Checked today and they are still there. They’ll probably be there next August when they clearance again.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
I don't even think it's a human being making decisions on what gets marked down. There's probably some kind of formula or factor in some software at the corporate level automatically sending this stuff to clearance. That might be a ridiculous thought but I just don't see any rhyme or reason to it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ranger2131:
Got my federal rebate yesterday, woohoo- 10 boxes of 270 for free.  All came on one $50 card in my case, even better.  
View Quote
Tell us how it was 100% free
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

View Quote
If you're filling your p/u and it's gonna cost $60, why not?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Some places had it priced for like 5 dollars.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By bucksnort59:

Tell us how it was 100% free
View Quote
Fusion 270 probably cost him the sales tax.  It was reduced to $5/box.

If it was 30/30, they'd have paid him 18 cents/box to take it (assuming 7% sales tax and a reduced price of $4.50/box).
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#28]

If it was 30/30, they'd have paid him 18 cents/box to take it (assuming 7% sales tax and a reduced price of $4.50/box).
View Quote
Fusion would explain it. He didn't say he bought power point.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By scubamc:

I’ve been told two different things on how their clearance markdowns are done. 1. Corporate dictates the items and prices. 2. Corporate gives each store/department a clearance budget for them to use as they determine.
View Quote
Similar account as well.  Doesn't seem to be very consistent.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slvrktman] [#31]
Store it in a locked cabinet or in the back room, then 6 months later put it on clearance because no one purchased  it......seems logical to me.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#32]
My 2 Ruger 10/22's were in inventory since the store opened almost 3 years ago. And both were in the glass cabinet up front. They did manage to loose both boxes and I had to cut the Ruger locks off both of them. They removed the trigger locks, sold them to me without magazines or RUGER  paperwork. Slings were installed though . Still for $124.00 each.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

I bought the fusion 30-30 for $4.50, the extra .50 from the rebate covered tax and should leave me with a few cents as a bonus. Only found 3 boxes of it though.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#34]
It's not a really big deal, but a lot of the prepaid cards that are not reloadable will end up with less than 50 cents and you can't use it anywhere. Again, not a big deal but aggravating that you can't actually get all of your money.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cbiggers:

Why do you care? Use it at Walmart or for gas or anything that takes a debit card.
Why cant you?

Dont waste Prepaid gift card balances.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:35:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Huntmaster2] [#35]
Originally Posted By Tamarack:
Why cant you?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cbiggers:

Why do you care? Use it at Walmart or for gas or anything that takes a debit card.
Why cant you?

Amazon has a minimum of $1 for gift card purchases. 50 cents for reloading a gift card.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Why cant you?

View Quote
Link doesn’t work for me
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Not really a portable type of laptop being 17" and all, but I saw this one has been marked down to $124 near me.  Hopefully some stores near you have this one marked down too.  HP Pavilion is a good brand. This one has decent specs, plus it's cheap enough to justify replacing the hard drive with SSD for a really fast computer.

HP Silver 17.3" Pavilion 17-g121wm Laptop PC with AMD A10-8700P Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Home - $124
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
For those that think there's a 3 man team of Chinamen sitting in a room in Bentonville marking prices down 24 hrs a day...at different stores....on 1,000s of products...just stop reading right here.

I'm thinking it's an algorithm marking products down based on certain criteria....nothing more...nothing less.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:31:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:32:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:42:03 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
Bingo.  Except the 30/30 I got was Winchester and yes, at 4.50 per box they paid me to take it off their hands after rebate.  The fusion was $5 a box minus $5/box rebate, limit 10.  And the store I found it at back in August had exactly 10 boxes left, perfect.

Couple stores were showing 9 boxes and 12 boxes respectively of federal 30/30 back in August but they "didn't have it or couldn't find it". I tried several times.  Once even had an asst store manager check in back for like 25 minutes, I know he was trying but really couldn't find it. He was not the ammo hoarding type.  Oh well, found some Winchester and that ended up working better since I found the 10 boxes of Federal .270 later and allowed me to use rebates more efficiently.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:45:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Searched for Ruger 22lr bolt (actually all Ruger 10/22) SKUs and there's not many of any local.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:48:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Strikeforces:

For those that think there's a 3 man team of Chinamen sitting in a room in Bentonville marking prices down 24 hrs a day...at different stores....on 1,000s of products...just stop reading right here.

I'm thinking it's an algorithm marking products down based on certain criteria....nothing more...nothing less.
View Quote
It's both (well, not a team of chinamen in Arkansas, but people make some decisions).

Some items are marked down form corporate and this is probably always or almost always software algorithm based.  However dept. managers are also given clearance budgets to use as they see fit.  So if something is really driving them crazy by either sitting too long or taking up space in a way they don't like they can mark it down themselves, but they only have so much budget to 'spend' doing this throughout the year.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Here goes nothing left at 430 to road trip to try and pick up a shotgun chest freezer and 2 man ladder stands
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:29:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wingmanchris] [#45]

View Quote
The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Iowaredneck:
Here goes nothing left at 430 to road trip to try and pick up a shotgun chest freezer and 2 man ladder stands
View Quote
I must know what a "shotgun chest freezer" is.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:34:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: InflectionPoint] [#47]

I must know what a "shotgun chest freezer" is.
View Quote
We don't need no stinkin' commas.

ETA:

Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
it's an algorithm that determines the things that are clearanced.  taking into account the age of the product, any packaging or model changes made by the manufacturer, strategic direction that walmart itself is trying to go with products,  the amount of shelf space available for those products, and probably a thousand other factors.  that list of things to be clearanced out are then sent out to the individual stores.  from a budget amount based on sales and expenses, each store is allotted a certain "discount budget"  this budget is distributed among all of the individual departments.  the individual department managers then take that alloted amount of $$ and apply them to things on the list.  they can also independently choose discount items in the individual store to make space, or broken, open package, etc.  when that budget is spent, the clearances are done for that period.   more discount budget comes, more clearances happen.  if the department manager and the store manager dont feel a sense of urgency to clearance out older models of firearms, there is plenty of other stuff in sporting goods that they can use that budget to dispense with that will free up more sales floor space.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SCvARminter:
It's been there every time I've been able to convince them to look. The exact amount showing on brickseek is what they've had. Try to pull up barcode and get an employee with a scanner to check their inventory. If you can get them to do that, it might be enough to convince. They are flat out lying when they say they don't have anything stored elsewhere.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SCvARminter:
Originally Posted By tep0583:

A local store supposedly has 11 boxes of the Fusion. I stopped by last week and inquired,but the girl said anything they had would be in the case. She obviously wanted no part in looking for it, so I settled for some of the federal Power-Shok and figured it would be the same price, post rebate.

Might go back and look later, but I don't expect much to come of it.
It's been there every time I've been able to convince them to look. The exact amount showing on brickseek is what they've had. Try to pull up barcode and get an employee with a scanner to check their inventory. If you can get them to do that, it might be enough to convince. They are flat out lying when they say they don't have anything stored elsewhere.
I've run into issues several times with the 30-30.  Looks to me like the 150 grain and 170 grain were both counted together and lumped under one of the SKU's, then recounted and put under the other SKU.

I'm not sure how Walmart checks in their inventory.  Looks like they would do so by the packing list, or automatically when the shipment arrives, but I've had several stores where everything has been dead on accurate except the Fusion 30-30.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 728
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top