User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Winning is better than losing.
But who actually gains what from this temporary injunction?

ATF is blocked from enforcing the rule on individuals but they already weren't until June 1 and the appeal will probably be ruled on in June.

I guess they're temporarily blocked from enforcing against sales but how many ffls and suppliers are going to sell during an injunction of a few weeks.

Remember Illinois. Don't celebrate the temporary win unwisely.
Anything bought now would be illegal if the appeal goes the other way and not even eligible for a freebie.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We have Reagan’s NFA. Either Reagan’s NFA means something or it doesn’t. I reckon it means something to y’all’s political representatives because Trump had two years where he could have made the NFA go away.
The ATF basically telling manufacturers that a lower is either a SBR lower or a Rifle lower is not the ATF overstepping their authority; it is the ATF properly enforcing Regan’s NFA ( regardless of how we feel about the NFA ). If the 5th says that the ATF is overstepping their authority then the fifth is really saying authority was overstepped in the eighty’s when Reagan signed the NFA.
This would be a good thing !
But,
The NFA has done nothing wrong with this brace thing and I am not retarded because the NFA does currently exist.
Apologize now.
View Quote

Was Reagan the president in 1934?

Did the ATF even exist in 1934?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We have Reagan’s NFA. Either Reagan’s NFA means something or it doesn’t. I reckon it means something to y’all’s political representatives because Trump had two years where he could have made the NFA go away.
The ATF basically telling manufacturers that a lower is either a SBR lower or a Rifle lower is not the ATF overstepping their authority; it is the ATF properly enforcing Regan’s NFA ( regardless of how we feel about the NFA ). If the 5th says that the ATF is overstepping their authority then the fifth is really saying authority was overstepped in the eighty’s when Reagan signed the NFA.
But,
The NFA has done nothing wrong with this brace thing and I am not retarded because the NFA does currently exist.
Apologize now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either the NFA is the NFA or it’s not. Strike down the perfectly reasonable ATF judgement on this ( based on existing NFA guidance ) and the NFA is 100% modified to no longer include length ( at least ! ).

Not sure if sarcasm or retarded

But,
Apologize now.

Thank you for confirming it wasn't sarcasm.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Winning is better than losing.
But who actually gains what from this temporary injunction?

ATF is blocked from enforcing the rule on individuals but they already weren't until June 1 and the appeal will probably be ruled on in June.

I guess they're temporarily blocked from enforcing against sales but how many ffls and suppliers are going to sell during an injunction of a few weeks.

Remember Illinois. Don't celebrate the temporary win unwisely.
Anything bought now would be illegal if the appeal goes the other way and not even eligible for a freebie.
View Quote

Everyone wins.
I'm guessing there are a metric boat load of people who have not taken their braces off (regardless of if they know about it or not).  And with this injunction, they WON'T be taking their braces off (regardless of if they join FPC or not prior to more detail coming out).

It gives a legal ruling for OTHER lawsuits taking place to point to as well (especially when coupled with recent rulings on bumpstocks and 80% lowers).

Vendors might not start selling just yet, this points in the right direction.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a feeling that some crack was smoked in the making of that post. What Reagan DID do, is sign the 1986 machine gun ban preventing additional MG’s from ever being added to the NFA registry. Which the NRA told him to sign because there were good parts to the law, and they were sure they could get the MG ban part thrown out in court later… and then they … didn’t
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Pistol Brace Amnesty Program 2023

Are you worried about the BATFE visiting your house?
Are you concerned about the BATFE harassing you?
You may send your AR-15 pistol with brace to me. No questions asked. Just pay for shipping to my FFL of choice and I will take possession of your pistol with brace at no charge to you. You just pay shipping and handling and you won't have to worry about the BAFTE harassing you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either the NFA is the NFA or it’s not. Strike down the perfectly reasonable ATF judgement on this ( based on existing NFA guidance ) and the NFA is 100% modified to no longer include length ( at least ! ).

But,
Apologize now.

Y'all are completely missing the more important part of what he's saying.
We're all better off if NFA is ruled unconstitutional on heller-bruen grounds than if the rule is thrown out on technicality.
And the constitutional grounds are stronger against NFA than against the rule itself with NFA standing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Personally once the ATF technical group said it’s not a stock and is fine, and shouldering it doesn’t make it a stock and 40M were sold…. New legislation by congress to make it NFA should be required… not just the same dipshits in ATF that couldn’t make a consistent call to begin with.

Oh and it’s good to reside in the 5th district.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

Just say no to drugs... Nancy Reagan mmmm'kay?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either the NFA is the NFA or it's not. Strike down the perfectly reasonable ATF judgement on this ( based on existing NFA guidance ) and the NFA is 100% modified to no longer include length ( at least ! ).

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Dog is clearly suicidal...
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.
View Quote

hmmmmmm
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:30:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

No....

The ATF is claiming that all brace equipped firearms were actually SBRs, if the barrel was less than 16" or if the OAL was less than 26".

They aren't claiming that there are only SBR and rifle lowers as they have very clearly stated removing the brace makes the firearm a pistol.

The claim that Trump had "two years to remove the NFA" is also ridiculous and lacks understanding of our political system. The Republicans lacked a filibuster proof majority and there was no way in hell that a Democrat would cross and join the Republicans on a pro gun rights bill.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

$30
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
huh... good job FPC! I now need to join.

$30

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We have Reagan's NFA. Either Reagan's NFA means something or it doesn't. I reckon it means something to y'all's political representatives because Trump had two years where he could have made the NFA go away.
The ATF basically telling manufacturers that a lower is either a SBR lower or a Rifle lower is not the ATF overstepping their authority; it is the ATF properly enforcing Regan's NFA ( regardless of how we feel about the NFA ). If the 5th says that the ATF is overstepping their authority then the fifth is really saying authority was overstepped in the eighty's when Reagan signed the NFA.
But,
Apologize now.
View Quote

So how much did you have to pay Brian for his account?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#21]
FPC getting things done
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I wonder if they'll just lose in this district, and try to keep the rule in the other districts like the bumpstocks
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Personally once the ATF technical group said it’s not a stock and is fine, and shouldering it doesn’t make it a stock and 40M were sold…. New legislation by congress to make it NFA should be required… not just the same dipshits in ATF that couldn’t make a consistent call to begin with.

Oh and it’s good to reside in the 5th district.
View Quote

The definition of arbitrary and capricious.  The entire point of the Founder's system of government was so that laws couldn't change significantly with every politically driven wind that blows.  It's supposed to be hard.  Congress delegating authority to federal agencies, particularly those that enforce criminal law, is an end run around their constitutional duty and responsibilities on top of taking powers that the constitution does not vest them with outside the US Marshals Service.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#24]
About time. Money well spent donating to the FPC over the years.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

user name checks out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Destroyed mine. Will they issue a refund?

user name checks out

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#26]
There is still plenty of work to do. But FPC just got the first donation from me ten minutes ago. They keep up this excellent work they’ll get more.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I think some are wrong...  This injunction only applies to the 5th circuit district not all of the US and not only the listed plaintiffs.  It is a start but really only helps the 5th district states out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think the nfa and particularly the part regarding sbrs is completely retarded and unconstitutional. The SBR part was added to close a loophole in a pistol brace ban that never went in to effect but somehow you can still go to federal pound me in the ass prison for something far less concealable than a pistol which is perfectly legal.

That said the ATF's place is not determining constitutionality of the law. There job is merely to enforce the law to the best of their understanding and ability.
Forced reset triggers and bumpstocks etc all follow the letter of the law and the atf was correct in their original determination that those devices did not run afowl of the NFA.

Pistol braces on the other hand or at least the vast majority of those approved should never have been approved in the first place. I remember the first prototype submitted, there was a thread on it here. The color design and material the brace was made from was such that it conceivably was just a brace and would have been nearly useless as a stock. Later iterations of braces were nearly indistinguishable from a stock and often barely functioned as braces.

Of course the NFA is pretty nebulous when it comes to defining sbrs and what a stock is to the point that the definition of a pistol actually includes a short stock.

18 U.S.C., § 921(A)(29) and 27 CFR § 478.11

The term “Pistol” means a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having:

a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s);

and a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s).

2.1.3 Rifle. A rifle is a firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder and designed to use the energy of an explosive in a fixed cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled barrel for each single pull of the trigger.11  A rifle subject to the NFA has a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length.  

2.1.4 Weapon made from a rifle. A weapon made from a rifle is a rifle type weapon that has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length.

What is real funny is you don't even get easy to reference links to the wording of the actual NFA if you google or look on the atfs website.
the pistol definition above actually comes from us code but the rifle and weapon made from rifle definitions come from iternal atf docs.

Judges and lawyers should have sorted and had this shit stricken years ago but go clown world.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think some are wrong...  This injunction only applies to the 5th circuit district not all of the US and not only the listed plaintiffs.  It is a start but really only helps the 5th district states out.
View Quote

So essentially braces are legal in Texas until further notice?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So essentially braces are legal in Texas until further notice?
View Quote

Also Louisiana and Mississippi ...
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Didn't the bumpstock get overturned for the 5th district as well?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did the free SBR registration on mine. Even if the new rule is declared unconstitutional, I’m keeping it as is. Even if they make me pay the $200. But this is movement in the right direction. I applaud FPC!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Joined the FPC and kicked them $100. No idea what all this means but good on the FPC regardless.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

hmmmmmm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

hmmmmmm

Yeah that post pretty much assured us that he is indeed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I did the free SBR registration on mine. Even if the new rule is declared unconstitutional, I’m keeping it as is. Even if they make me pay the $200. But this is movement in the right direction. I applaud FPC!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alas with the rule change went the amnesty and since you have a non-stamped SBR by your own admission if you'd be so kind as to surrender it now. Thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

My problem with that is you are in writing admitting you broke the law and asking forgiveness.  Could that come back an haunt you later on because they change rules and could just make up anyone who did the amnesty now we are going to say it was not an amnesty but a way to get people to admit they broke the law.  Now that you admitted you broke the law you forfeit your right to own firearms.  These people are making it up as they go along first braces were ok then they were not if you shouldered them and then they were ok to shoulder if that was not the main intent.  The goal post keeps moving and I could see them ripping the rug out from under us all.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There is still plenty of work to do. But FPC just got the first donation from me ten minutes ago. They keep up this excellent work they’ll get more.
View Quote

getting $30 every month going forward from me
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#38]
joined FPC - $100
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Does the injunction apply to all members of the FPC?  

Join, donate, and keep your braces?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My problem with that is you are in writing admitting you broke the law and asking forgiveness.  Could that come back an haunt you later on because they change rules and could just make up anyone who did the amnesty now we are going to say it was not an amnesty but a way to get people to admit they broke the law.  Now that you admitted you broke the law you forfeit your right to own firearms.  These people are making it up as they go along first braces were ok then they were not if you shouldered them and then they were ok to shoulder if that was not the main intent.  The goal post keeps moving and I could see them ripping the rug out from under us all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did the free SBR registration on mine. Even if the new rule is declared unconstitutional, I'm keeping it as is. Even if they make me pay the $200. But this is movement in the right direction. I applaud FPC!

I'd agree with you except the ATF published opinions saying they were legal. What jury would convicton that? I can see it happening in one or two cases but this effects 100,000 of people.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Does the injunction apply to all members of the FPC?  

Join, donate, and keep your braces?
View Quote

Be uninjunctionable
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We have Reagan's NFA. Either Reagan's NFA means something or it doesn't. I reckon it means something to y'all's political representatives because Trump had two years where he could have made the NFA go away.
The ATF basically telling manufacturers that a lower is either a SBR lower or a Rifle lower is not the ATF overstepping their authority; it is the ATF properly enforcing Regan's NFA ( regardless of how we feel about the NFA ). If the 5th says that the ATF is overstepping their authority then the fifth is really saying authority was overstepped in the eighty's when Reagan signed the NFA.
But,
Apologize now.
View Quote

Reagan signed the NFA in 1934? Huh. How about that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Awesome, hopefully it will become a permanent injunction.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Reagan signed the NFA in 1934? Huh. How about that.
View Quote

Well, he was 23 years old at the time!  That’s old enough to be president, right?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

$30
View Quote

Just donated.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

user name checks out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Destroyed mine. Will they issue a refund?

user name checks out

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Well, he was 23 years old at the time!  That’s old enough to be president, right?
View Quote

He was the play by play guy for the Cubs when the NFA was signed.

Humiliate trolls, but don’t quote them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Thank God, reason prevails for now.

That abomination of regulatory law doesn't give meaning and effect to the law, but instead creates chaos and confusion.  When the ATF director can't explain it you know it's a piece of #@$%.   Do we want rule of law to prevail or anarchy and chaos with essentially ad hoc law to go into effect?  For anyone who holds law and order in any regard the choice is clear, the ATF's ruling cannot stand.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Just kicked another $100 to FPC. You should too
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.
View Quote

Reddit misses you.Attachment Attached File

Page / 8
Top Top