BCM
User Panel

Page / 311
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alacran:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaYEecJAOjM

Dr. Phil: Could This New Change Ignite a Civil War?

Is America heading for a split? Discover the shocking views of those pushing for Texas and New Hampshire secession. Learn about the personal tragedies fueling this movement, the economics of independence, and the federal government’s role.
View Quote

Dr. Phil: Why The U.S. Won't Survive The Next 5 Years | Dr. Phil Primetime

Dr. Phil: Why The U.S. Won't Survive The Next 5 Years

Is America heading towards a second Civil War? Explore the warnings of economic collapse, rising political divides, and the threat of secession. Join the discussion on whether we can fix our issues or if it's time for a drastic change. Don’t miss this crucial analysis.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#2]
So Iran. A big deal or no?

Personally I can see it going either way. My only concern is action with Iran coupled with the rest of the current tension.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaJps2BWN5E

Is America heading towards a second Civil War? Explore the warnings of economic collapse, rising political divides, and the threat of secession. Join the discussion on whether we can fix our issues or if it's time for a drastic change. Don’t miss this crucial analysis.
View Quote

Meh. Dr. Phil has plenty of platitudes.  But seems unable to understand the real reason people are so angry, blaming it on “social media.”  He also had guests on who were unable to articulate why so many people are talking about civil war. On purpose?  I don’t know. But I think I could have made better arguments than the pro side, and I don’t even want civil war.

So do it, you say?  Okay. I’ll make a stab at it.

Evidence of tyranny:
Stolen elections. Multiple attempted assassinations.  Weaponized IRS.  Weaponized DoJ.  Selective enforcement of laws.  Cancel culture (apparently directed from on high).  Journalists all reciting the same propaganda on cue.  Murder of whistleblowers.  Destruction of homes and businesses by rioters as a message sent.  Arbitrary rules with the force of law set by unelected bureaucrats, without appeal.  Republican politicians who seem to side with the democrats more than their own constituents. The feeling we can’t fix our nation’s problems because those we elect to do so spend their efforts on the next election.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

Personally I can see it going either way. My only concern is action with Iran coupled with the rest of the current tension.
View Quote

If we get involved fighting Iran then yes it’s a big deal.  For many reasons. The main one for me is we will have to expend a tremendous amount of munitions on Iran. We have been bleeding munitions faster than we can replace them the last 2.5 years.  War with Iran will cause us to use a lot of Tomahawks and SM-6’s. Plus everything else.  As we’ve discussed in the China thread us going to war in the Middle East would be a wet dream for China if they wanted to move on Taiwan or else where.

You’d think Iran and all the other terrorist groups that have people in the US would activate those people/groups to hit us here at home.

We would mop the floor with Irans military, I’m more worried about the second and third order of effects.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

Personally, if Iran and Israel go head to head,  it then is a big deal since both countries have nukes, plus other Muslim countries are likely to join in against Israel, thus pulling the US into it, backing up Israel.

If we get involved, we will have multiple attacks against US citizens here stateside.

Hope I’m wrong, but also hope there’s no war in the first place.

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:

Meh. Dr. Phil has plenty of platitudes.  But seems unable to understand the real reason people are so angry, blaming it on “social media.”  He also had guests on who were unable to articulate why so many people are talking about civil war. On purpose?  I don’t know. But I think I could have made better arguments than the pro side, and I don’t even want civil war.

Evidence of tyranny:
Stolen elections. Multiple attempted assassinations.  Weaponized IRS.  Weaponized DoJ.  Selective enforcement of laws.  Cancel culture (apparently directed from on high).  Journalists all reciting the same propaganda on cue.  Murder of whistleblowers.  Destruction of homes and businesses by rioters as a message sent.  Arbitrary rules with the force of law set by unelected bureaucrats, without appeal.  Republican politicians who seem to side with the democrats more than their own constituents. The feeling we can’t fix our nation’s problems because those we elect to do so spend their efforts on the next election.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:

Evidence of tyranny:

The program was actually taped sometime in May, so yeah, a lot can and will happen in today’s world with a two to three month delayed airing.  I think you put up some very solid reasons why we are under a tyrannical government and to give this topic with the proper discussion it all warrants with your inputs, the program needs to be longer than just 60 minutes.  

There are just too many issues that the country is solidly divided on and consider the other point of view to be immoral or evil.  How do you get groups to come together with all of that hanging over this country?

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

If we get involved fighting Iran then yes it’s a big deal.  For many reasons. The main one for me is we will have to expend a tremendous amount of munitions on Iran. We have been bleeding munitions faster than we can replace them the last 2.5 years.  War with Iran will cause us to use a lot of Tomahawks and SM-6’s. Plus everything else.  As we’ve discussed in the China thread us going to war in the Middle East would be a wet dream for China if they wanted to move on Taiwan or else where.

You’d think Iran and all the other terrorist groups that have people in the US would activate those people/groups to hit us here at home.

We would mop the floor with Irans military, I’m more worried about the second and third order of effects.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

If we get involved, I at least see it as another proxy war with Russia as we will back Israel and Russia will aid Iran since Iran had aided them against Ukraine. At worst, it could directly involve multiple nuclear equipped countries directly fighting against one another.  It seems that any war in the Middle East has the tendency to escalate, and escalate rather quickly.

A lot of programs I’m listening to says war with Iran will happen.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By gogetumnow:
Yon on the roundtable with Col. Murray today.
View Quote

Cool.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Personally, if Iran and Israel go head to head,  it then is a big deal since both countries have nukes, plus other Muslim countries are likely to join in against Israel, thus pulling the US into it, backing up Israel.

If we get involved, we will have multiple attacks against US citizens here stateside.

View All Quotes

I also believe there will be attacks here if things go full kinetic between Israel and Iran.  My bigger concern is other nation states seeing an opportunity to inflict more damage and attack the grid.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 12:58:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#11]
DFAT warning for Lebanon  "Australians in Lebanon should leave immediately while commercial flights remain available. The security situation could deteriorate rapidly throughout Lebanon with little or no notice. Some airlines have postponed or cancelled some flights. Further flight cancellations and disruptions could occur with little or no notice."

There appears to be an intelligence sourced and strong belief a significant event will occur in the next 48-72 hours, likely involving IRN and its proxies.

OSINT defender "Ongoing Assessments by U.S. Defense Officials believe that a potential Iranian Retaliatory Strike will be similar to their Attack against Israel on April 13, involving possibly Hundreds of Long-Range Ballistic and Cruise Missile alongside One-Way Attack Drones, but with this Attack being likely much Larger and more Complicated than before, including the possibility of a Coordinated Attack by Hezbollah and other Iranian-Backed Groups from multiple Fronts. Officials are also Deeply Concerned that this Attack could be Simultaneous with Widespread Targeting of U.S. Bases and Troops in Syria, Iraq, and possibly other Countries across the Middle East."

The previous strike at ISR from IRN was in effect preparation/response gathering for this, the next likely attack.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Venezuela on the brink of collapse as protesters reject contested election result

Venezuela on the brink of collapse as protesters reject contested election result

In Venezuela, the streets pulse with the dissent following a hotly contested election that saw President Nicolás Maduro claim victory amidst accusations of fraud.

Across the nation, protesters have taken to the streets, with their voices becoming a chorus of defiance against a backdrop of electoral uncertainty.

The opposition cries foul, alleging manipulation and daring to claim their own triumph in the face of adversity.

President Maduro, feeling the pressure mounting from the swelling tide of discontent, has bowed to demands for a Supreme Court audit of the election process.

Internationally, patience wears thin as the United States and other global powers await transparent disclosure from Venezuela's electoral authorities.

The world watches closely, echoing concerns over the election's integrity and its compliance with democratic norms.

"The 2024 presidential election in Venezuela falls short of international standards for fairness," declares a spokesperson from the US State Department, amplifying the growing chorus of skepticism.

The Venezuelan people's frustrations and concerns with the government resonates louder than ever.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:
I also believe there will be attacks here if things go full kinetic between Israel and Iran.  My bigger concern is other nation states seeing an opportunity to inflict more damage and attack the grid.
View All Quotes

How many different enemies of America are already within our borders?  Yeah, maybe China decides to go after Taiwan during this time, too?  This would make the covid lockdowns look like a minor inconvenience.  Outside of the potential violence, there a line from the movie Act of Valor that pops into my head where Christo reveals the plan to the Seals Master Chief  -  If you think your economy’s fucked now?

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By GroundhogOZ:
DFAT warning for Lebanon  "Australians in Lebanon should leave immediately while commercial flights remain available. The security situation could deteriorate rapidly throughout Lebanon with little or no notice. Some airlines have postponed or cancelled some flights. Further flight cancellations and disruptions could occur with little or no notice."

There appears to be an intelligence sourced and strong belief a significant event will occur in the next 48-72 hours, likely involving IRN and its proxies.

OSINT defender "Ongoing Assessments by U.S. Defense Officials believe that a potential Iranian Retaliatory Strike will be similar to their Attack against Israel on April 13, involving possibly Hundreds of Long-Range Ballistic and Cruise Missile alongside One-Way Attack Drones, but with this Attack being likely much Larger and more Complicated than before, including the possibility of a Coordinated Attack by Hezbollah and other Iranian-Backed Groups from multiple Fronts. Officials are also Deeply Concerned that this Attack could be Simultaneous with Widespread Targeting of U.S. Bases and Troops in Syria, Iraq, and possibly other Countries across the Middle East."

The previous strike at ISR from IRN was in effect preparation/response gathering for this, the next likely attack.
View Quote

It sure doesn’t look good.

US PREPARES TO ENTER WAR | THEY RAISED THE REVENGE FLAG

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Starmer blames far-Right for Southport riots

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/08/01/southport-attack-latest-arrest-riots/

https://archive.ph/6iRJp
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 8:10:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#17]

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#18]
England Burning: Enough Is Enough ????

England Burning: Enough Is Enough

In this video, we attend a protest in London that has been labeled by some as a 'Far Right' demonstration, organised in response to the tragic events that occurred in Southport. What begins as a peaceful march near Downing Street quickly turns chaotic, shedding light on what many perceive as England's two-tier policing system
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Soundbite from 2019

Kamala Harris Wants The Government To Create “Incentives” For Americans to Eat Less Meat

Kamala Harris Wants The Government To Create “Incentives” For Americans to Eat Less Meat

At CNN’s Climate Town Hall on 9/4/19, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris said that she wants the government to create “incentives” for Americans to eat less meat.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#20]
@Fantomas

You may find this relevant.  

The right is being demonized and broadly painted as extremist in country after country - Germany, Ireland, UK, the USA, etc….  It will only intensify.

Germany's Enemy Within (full documentary) | FRONTLINE

In the almost 80 years since the Holocaust ended, Germany has worked to overcome its Nazi history — prominently acknowledging Nazi crimes and memorializing victims, establishing strict laws about antisemitism and hate speech, and becoming a global leader in welcoming refugees.

But over the past decade, Germany has faced a rising wave of far-right violence. “Germany’s Enemy Within” probes extremist attacks and plots, from an attempted massacre of worshippers at a synagogue on Yom Kippur, to a mass shooting targeting Muslims, to the assassination of a pro-refugee politician, to an alleged plot to violently overthrow the German government. The documentary also examines the AfD’s rise, how anti-immigrant rhetoric has found a foothold in Germany, and how, if the AfD were to win power in the German state of Thuringia, it would be the first time a far-right party has controlled a German state since the Nazis.

“Germany’s Enemy Within” is a FRONTLINE Production with Mongoose Pictures in association with Evan Williams Productions. The correspondent, reporter, producer and director is Evan Williams. The senior producer is Dan Edge. The editor-in-chief and executive producer of FRONTLINE is Raney Aronson-Rath.

CHAPTERS:

00:00 - Prologue
04:35 - A Look Back at Germany’s Efforts To Overcome its Nazi History
07:54 - Far-Right Terror Attacks in Germany in Recent Years
17:08 - Why the AfD (Alternative für Deutschland) Party Was on the Radar of German Intelligence
26:45 - An Alleged Far-Right Plot To Overthrow the German Government
36:29 - Why Mass Demonstrations Against the AfD Party Broke Out in 2024 in Germany
44:07 - Why Some German Officials Are Concerned About Democracy in Their Country
52:16 - Credits
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#21]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snJzvqQhg9k
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#22]

How many different enemies of America are already within our borders?  Yeah, maybe China decides to go after Taiwan during this time, too?  This would make the covid lockdowns look like a minor inconvenience.  Outside of the potential violence, there a line from the movie Act of Valor that pops into my head where Christo reveals the plan to the Seals Master Chief  -  If you think your economy’s fucked now?

View All Quotes

Lots and yes, I expect China to make a move. I’m definitely going to be watching closely and hitting the store next week to add more depth to my pantry.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Lots and yes, I expect China to make a move. I’m definitely going to be watching closely and hitting the store next week to add more depth to my pantry.
View All Quotes

I’ve heard anything from threats of an attack on the power grid to the carrying out an Oct. 7th style attack in multiple US cities, all happening simultaneously.  I imagine both would have an effect on commerce and product availability due to direct effect or shear panic.  Yeah, I think now’s the time to get whatever you need.  It something were to happen, who knows how long the effects may last?

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snJzvqQhg9k

I’m sure that alone would spur a buying panic.  Right now is the calm before the storm.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#25]
John Deere is slashing jobs - why?

John Deere continues laying off employees, citing lower demand for its products.

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#26]
America’s Last War: Andrei Martyanov Talks Ukraine and Decline of US Military

I finally got to ask my friend, Andrei Martyanov, some long unanswered questions about growing up in the Soviet Union. Andrei is one of the best modern US military scholars, but is ignored by the media — print and electronic. Too bad. If the members of Congress took the time to read just one of his books, they would understand the necessity of coming up with a genuine national security strategy. Under our current system in the US, Congress and the military think it is smart to pay two billion dollars for just one B-2. In an age of advanced ISR and air defense systems, a two billion dollar jet makes as much sense as using horse cavalry to attack machine gun positions.

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#27]

FRIDAY UPDATE: ISRAEL, IRAN, HEZBOLLAH TENSIONS

Multiple airlines are avoiding airspace above Iran, Lebanon, and Israel as the anticipation of a strike on Israel grows. Delta, United, Lufthansa, Air India, ITA Airways, and others have cancelled flights to Tel Aviv while many others are avoiding the area entirely.

Thursday, Hezbollah’s chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah spoke in a televised address, saying that the group would respond to Israel soon. “The resistance cannot but respond. This is definite,” he said. "We are looking for a real response, not a performative response, and for real opportunities. A studied response.”

Also Thursday, the White House announced new military deployments would take place in order to support Israel.

A readout which was released after President Joe Biden and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke, saying in part, "The President discussed efforts to support Israel’s defense against threats, including against ballistic missiles and drones, to include new defensive US military deployments.”

Supporting those statements, White House national security advisor John Kirby told media, “We’ve heard the (Iranian) supreme leader loud and clear that he intends to avenge this killing of a Hamas leader in Tehran, and that they want to conduct another attack on Israel. We’ve got to make sure we’ve got the right resources and capabilities in the region.”

PM Netanyahu warned that any who attack his country would pay a “very high price,” and also said "Israel is in a state of very high readiness for any scenario — on both defense and offense. We will exact a very high price for any act of aggression against us from any quarter whatsoever."

Per a New York Times report, the bomb that killed Hamas leader Haniyeh was smuggled into the guesthouse where he stayed about two months ago and remained undetected until remote detonation.

Lastly, a few rocket launches have taken place from Lebanon toward Israel, but no widespread attacks have yet been attempted.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Global stock market meltdown as fears grow US economy will 'collapse'

Shares across the world tumbled Friday - as investors panicked over signs of weakness in the US economy.

The Nasdaq index fell 3.2 percent, which means it has now lost more than 10 percent from a record high on July 11.

Japan's benchmark Nikkei 225 suffered its second largest points drop in history and was down a staggering 5.8 percent overnight.

On Friday morning unemployment among Americans rose to the highest level since October 2021 - 4.3 percent - suggesting the US economy is spluttering and raising recession fears.

The report sent the S&P 500 down 2.2 percent early Friday. The Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 810 points, or 2 percent, as of 10.50am.

All three benchmark US indices had also sunk the day before after a batch of weaker-than-expected reports on the economy on Thursday.

The sell-off is a blow to Americans retirement savings since 401(K)s are heavily invested in stocks.

But the gloomy news does mean that the Federal Reserve will have to cut interest rates in September, and maybe several times again before the end of the year.  

Job growth in the US badly missed expectations in July and the unemployment rate jumped to the highest rate in almost three years.

Employers added 114,000 jobs last month, according to Labor Department data released Friday, far below the Dow Jones estimate of 185,000.

The Fed left benchmark borrowing costs unchanged yet again at a 23-year high at its latest meeting this week.

Many investors think the central bank should have made the move on Wednesday.

The market is now 'wondering if the Fed is too late in transitioning monetary policy,' Quincy Krosby, chief global strategist at LPL Financial told CNBC.

Bret Kenwell, US investment analyst at eToro, said this weak jobs report will mean the situation now shifts from 'if' the Fed will cut rates to 'by how much.'

'The labor market is the lifeblood to the US economy and the Fed needs to ensure that they don't risk weakening it too much solely in an effort to bring down inflation,' he said.

'Almost getting inflation to the Fed's 2 percent target and keeping a strong economy is better than achieving the inflation target while sacrificing the economy to get there.'

As well as the huge drop in Japan, stock markets were battered in Europe. The pan-European Stoxx 600 index dropped 1.7 percent to a three-month low, Germany's DAX shed 1.5 percent, while the CAC 40 slipped 1 percent . In London, the FTSE 100 fell 0.6 percent.

The declines followed Thursday's retreat on Wall Street after weak manufacturing data raised worries the Federal Reserve may have waited too long to cut interest rates, raising risks of a recession.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/yourmoney/401k/article-13702421/global-stocks-meltdown-jobs-unemployment.html
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Chevron to move headquarters from California to Texas

Relocation is the latest in a wave of defections from companies lured to Lone Star State by lower taxes and lighter regulation

Chevron plans to move its headquarters from California to Texas, becoming the latest major company to leave the west coast state after complaining of excessive regulation.

The second-biggest US oil company said on Friday that it would leave the state where it has been a fixture for almost 150 years following clashes with authorities over climate policies and penalties it has said render California “closed for business”.

It is the latest in a wave of corporate defections from California to Texas as companies are lured to the Lone Star State by the promise of lower taxes and lighter regulation. Elon Musk said in July he would move the headquarters of X and SpaceX.

Chevron said chief executive Mike Wirth and vice-chair Mark Nelson would relocate from its headquarters in the Californian city of San Ramon to Houston, Texas by the end of the year, which would “enable better collaboration and engagement with executives, employees, and business partners”. 

The company already has significant operations in Texas, where it is one of the biggest oil producers in the sprawling Permian Basin.

It has about 7,000 employees in Houston, which dubs itself the “energy capital of the world” and is home to more than a third of the publicly traded oil and gas groups in the US, including ExxonMobil, Chevron’s larger rival.

There would be “minimal immediate relocation impacts” for its roughly 2,000 employees in San Ramon, the company said. It will gradually move all corporate functions to Houston over the next five years, with positions supporting its California operations remaining in San Ramon.

The decision is a win for Texas, which has sought to attract companies with its hands-off, small government approach. The state does not have a corporate tax, compared with a rate of about 9 per cent in California.

“WELCOME HOME Chevron!” wrote Texas governor Greg Abbott on X. “Texas is your true home. Drill baby drill.”

More than 300 big companies have moved to Texas since 2015, with the majority coming from California, including Tesla, HP and CBRE. The influx has helped to drive a boom that has turned the state into the eighth largest economy in the world — ahead of Canada, Italy and Russia.

Chevron’s California roots date back to the establishment of the Pacific Coast Oil Company in the 1870s. The group was later subsumed by JD Rockefeller’s Standard Oil, becoming Standard Oil of California after its break-up in 1911.

Chevron has criticised the approach of Democrat-run California towards the oil industry for some time. In January, it lashed out at what it described as an “increasingly harsh regulatory environment” and wrote down the value of its assets in the state. 

California has sued oil companies including Chevron for allegedly deceiving customers over the risks of climate change, calling on the groups to surrender profits.
https://www.ft.com/content/3899dc78-f596-482a-a433-a8e47c83ed6e
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Finance should pay much more attention to undersea cables risk

The threats to this crucial infrastructure are growing but there are possible solutions

What is the greatest tail risk stalking global finance today? There is a depressingly long list of options: surging debt, volatile rates, geopolitical conflict and/or cyber failures like the one accidentally unleashed by CrowdStrike and Microsoft. But there is another deserving far more debate: underwater sea cables.

Normally, this is a topic submerged from sight, both literally and metaphorically. That is because western cultures typically depict the internet as a disembodied thing (think “cloud”), while the media focus on flashy satellites, like those run by Elon Musk.

But, as anthropologists such as Alexandre Laumonier have long noted, this cultural frame is a dangerous illusion: the internet is rooted in physical infrastructure, with over 99 per cent of global traffic via subsea cables. This includes the $10tn in daily financial transactions on platforms such as Swift which drive global markets.

Moreover, these cables can be damaged by natural disasters (like tsunamis), accidents (a ship’s anchor) or deliberate attack. The problem is akin to the issue that erupted with French railways during the Olympics: if someone sabotages a link, traffic stops.

The good(ish) news is that internet engineers are keenly aware of this, and are already repairing around 200 faults on the 500-odd existing cables each year, mostly due to accidents. Better still, awareness is rising in some financial quarters. Most notably, when two mysterious huge faults occurred in the Mediterranean and Middle East in 2008, senior officials at the Federal Reserve became so alarmed that they joined forces with top internet engineers to create a so-called “Rogucci” initiative for the Reliability of Global Undersea Communication Cables Infrastructure.

This produced a 2010 report and triggered brainstorming meetings in places such as Goldman Sachs Subsequently, the UK think-tank Policy Exchange delivered a hard-hitting analysis, authored by Rishi Sunak, then a mere MP. “Short of nuclear or biological warfare, it is difficult to think of a threat that could be more justifiably described as existential” than a “catastrophic failure of undersea cable networks,” it warned.

But the bad news is that the risks are now swelling: a hitherto unpublished updated Rogucci report notes that while the main threat used to be “local sabotage and terrorism” it is now “physically destructive hostile acts” committed by powerful states “possessing great skills”. Indeed, Russian leaders have already threatened this.

Meanwhile, mysterious incidents are proliferating. In 2022, the Baltic Nord Stream gas pipeline was sabotaged. More recently Sweden reported sabotage to a data cable and Estonia is in a diplomatic tussle with China around an alleged “accident”.

“The era of seabed warfare has arrived in the Euro-Atlantic, and other contested regions may soon follow suit,” James Stavridis, former Nato Supreme Allied Commander Europe, warned this year in a new Policy Exchange report. Or as the Rogucci group notes: “The systemic disadvantage to American and Allied national security [around cables], puts the world’s entire financial architecture at clear and present risk.”

Is there any solution? The US government is chasing military options: this week reports emerged that advanced submarines such as the USS Jimmy Carter were being prepared for seabed warfare. However, the Rogucci team considers it unrealistic to expect navies to defend all the estimated 1.4mn kms of subsea cables. It thinks that Washington’s priority, along with its allies, should be to create engineering solutions for network resilience on the assumption that a disaster will eventually happen.

More specifically, they want $5bn of investment to triple the existing fleet of repair ships, and a new, centralised “National Gucci Command” to proactively cut diplomatic deals to guarantee that internet traffic could be rerouted if, say, key transatlantic cables were cut. They also want this command to run the cables overseen by private companies in the event of any attack so that important data (such as Swift messages) could be prioritised over other digital traffic.

“An effective defensive response cannot be prepared and executed successfully at the level of the disparate private enterprise interests,” it insists, adding that if Nato wants to create true “insurance” against attack, it should spend $10bn installing back-up cables.

This plan is very sensible. But implementing it is hard. One problem is that the military industrial complex generally prefers to lobby for expensive new submarines, not cheap repair ships. Another is that any move by Washington to take control of cables is likely to face resistance from companies such as Google (which is investing heavily in cables).

A third issue, Rogucci notes, is that 14 of the transoceanic cables spanning the Pacific and Indian oceans currently have joint US and China ownership. Last but not least, the submerged nature of this threat means that the financial world has not seriously lobbied for action — yet.

This will undoubtedly change if (or when) disaster hits. But until then, cables remain a pernicious risk — and a sign of our cultural blind spots. The CrowdStrike debacle and Paris rail shock may be a mere foretaste of what lies ahead.

https://archive.ph/aNzyj
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#31]

@Fantomas

The right is being demonized and broadly painted as extremist in country after country - Germany, Ireland, UK, the USA, etc….  It will only intensify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrxVl0wPxKE

In the almost 80 years since the Holocaust ended, Germany has worked to overcome its Nazi history — prominently acknowledging Nazi crimes and memorializing victims, establishing strict laws about antisemitism and hate speech, and becoming a global leader in welcoming refugees.

But over the past decade, Germany has faced a rising wave of far-right violence. “Germany’s Enemy Within” probes extremist attacks and plots, from an attempted massacre of worshippers at a synagogue on Yom Kippur, to a mass shooting targeting Muslims, to the assassination of a pro-refugee politician, to an alleged plot to violently overthrow the German government. The documentary also examines the AfD’s rise, how anti-immigrant rhetoric has found a foothold in Germany, and how, if the AfD were to win power in the German state of Thuringia, it would be the first time a far-right party has controlled a German state since the Nazis.

“Germany’s Enemy Within” is a FRONTLINE Production with Mongoose Pictures in association with Evan Williams Productions. The correspondent, reporter, producer and director is Evan Williams. The senior producer is Dan Edge. The editor-in-chief and executive producer of FRONTLINE is Raney Aronson-Rath.

CHAPTERS:

17:08 - Why the AfD (Alternative für Deutschland) Party Was on the Radar of German Intelligence
36:29 - Why Mass Demonstrations Against the AfD Party Broke Out in 2024 in Germany
44:07 - Why Some German Officials Are Concerned About Democracy in Their Country
View Quote

thanks for posting this

they are trying everything to stop the AfD

Elections for the three States will be next month

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:

thanks for posting this

View All Quotes

@Fantomas

CHAPTERS:

thanks for posting this

If you can’t beat ‘em, criminalize & ban ‘em.

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 5:28:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#33]

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaYEecJAOjM

Dr. Phil: Could This New Change Ignite a Civil War?

Is America heading for a split? Discover the shocking views of those pushing for Texas and New Hampshire secession. Learn about the personal tragedies fueling this movement, the economics of independence, and the federal government’s role.

Sorry.  I misread this as a 25 minute video.  There’s still approx. 20 minutes missing from the original program.

Part 3

Dr. Phil: The US Will Collapse by 2029 - Here's Why | Merit Street Media

Dr. Phil: The US Will Collapse by 2029

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

@Fantomas

CHAPTERS:

thanks for posting this

that's the plan

it's funny that it is always the right that they are trying to silence and cancel

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 8:56:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9D1Alpha] [#35]
Dr Robert Malone has been doing some  researching

PsyWar: Enforcing the New World Order | Dr. Robert Malone

"If you haven't figured out what Agenda 2030 is , you better figure it out " - Dr Robert Malone
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#36]
'The good people died first,' wrote historian Timothy Snyder of the Ukrainian famine.

'Those who refused to steal or to prostitute themselves died. Those who gave food to others died. Those who refused to eat corpses died. Those who refused to kill their fellow man died.'

Pretty brutal read.  

Horrors of Stalin's genocide by starvation: How desperate parents cooked and ate their children's corpses to stay alive before 'losing their mind' during dictator's 'man-made' Holodomor famine that left millions dead in Ukraine

- Soviet grain requisitioning plan saw millions starve to death in Ukraine in 1930s
- Cover-up ensured Holodomor would remain a forgotten horror of human history

Nearly four million people died of starvation in Ukraine in the early 1930s during a horrifying man-made famine that has irreparably scarred the fabric of Ukrainian society - but few today even know its name.

The Holodomor was once judged a 'classic example' of genocide by Raphael Lemkin, the Polish lawyer who coined the term after bearing witness to Nazi atrocities in World War Two.

An effort to suppress Ukrainian identity collided with a plot to extract grain to fuel burgeoning industrial centres in Russia, leading to mass starvation, disease and cannibalism as Soviet administrators did nothing to stop the tragedy.

Survivors told of parents facing starvation forced to eat the corpses of their children. Children saw siblings die in their homes, their bodies and eyes eaten by rats as those still alive were too weak to bury the corpses.

In its darkest moments, authorities executed those who made it through the brutal winter, judging that nobody could have survived such conditions without stealing from the state.

But for decades the atrocity went unmentioned, covered up by a deliberate campaign of obfuscation by the USSR. Ukrainians have lost their history to propaganda, buried reporting and the politicisation of the topic during the Cold War.

While many of the stories of the victims have been lost or buried, today's historians continue to unearth the tragic realities of Stalin's genocide in Ukraine. These are the stories that have survived.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13688861/holodomor-famine-ukraine-ussr-stalin.html
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Forced injections can go both ways.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#39]
LIVE FEED - Venezuela Election Protest

?? APARECIÓ CORINA MACHADO ?? VENEZUELA SALE A LA CALLE PARA DERRIBAR LA DICTADURA DE MADURO

Venezuela LIVE: Venezuelan Opposition Supporters Rally in Bogota | Edmundo Gonzalez | Maduro | N18G

Anti-Maduro Protests In Venezuela | Police Crackdown On Opposition Led Rally Against Election Result

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#40]
LIVE FEED - UK Protest of the Murder of 3 Children in Southport

Far-Right Groups Clash With Anti-Racism Protesters As Police Up Security In Liverpool | Southport

london protest live following incident in southport (Nottingham protest, blackpool and others)

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 1:25:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9D1Alpha] [#41]

View Quote

The five eyes have some serious anticitizen policies

ETA - our five eyes alliance leader is Christopher Wrey
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 9D1Alpha:

View All Quotes

Great tie-in to the Robert Malone video you previously posted.   We are way beyond the dystopian fiction books of the 20th century.

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 1:54:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9D1Alpha] [#43]

Great tie-in to the Robert Malone video you previously posted.   We are way beyond the dystopian fiction books of the 20th century.

View All Quotes

Imagine such a network and then introduce a concept like "elite capture" .
https://www.fbi.gov/news/press-releases/fbi-hosts-five-eyes-summit-to-launch-drive-to-secure-innovation-in-response-to-intelligence-threats

ETA- then consider the timeline and events of Trump prosecutions....assassination attempts ....
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 7:00:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#44]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyHbF8dDtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky6A9hfErOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE4npjftTz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkAaO0OdJ0s

View Quote

Keep an eye on Ireland and the UK.  We might not be far behind.

?? KEIR STARMER DOESN'T WANT YOU TO SEE THIS | What ACTUALLY Happened in Stoke...

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#45]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LWpGRpL8-k

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyHbF8dDtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky6A9hfErOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE4npjftTz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkAaO0OdJ0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LWpGRpL8-k

Exact formula is being applied here. Get ready.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#46]

'New pandemic' could sweep UK this year as urgent warning issued

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) has declared a 'level 4' bird flu outbreak after the virus jumped from cows to humans, sparking fears of a new pandemic

A new bird flu scare has hit the UK, with health chiefs sounding the alarm over a "level 4" outbreak as the virus makes an unprecedented leap from cows to humans.

The boffins at the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) are on edge, admitting they're clueless about how this outbreak will pan out and that current safety measures don't seem to be able to cope with it.

Dr Susan Hopkins, from the UKHSA, has warned: "The recent outbreak in US dairy cattle demonstrates that influenza A(H5N1) continues to infect new mammals and spread between them. While the current risk to the UK population from influenza A(H5N1) virus remains very low, an outbreak of this kind can increase the opportunities the virus has to evolve to spread between people at some point in the future."

"This is because the virus may adapt directly during transmission between mammals or may re-assort with other flu viruses in humans or other mammals. UKHSA has established preparations in place for detections of human cases of avian flu and stands ready to initiate an appropriate public health response should it be needed", reports various news outlets."

And not really attempting to calm fears, a UK Health Security Agency spokesman said: "There is high uncertainty regarding the trajectory of the outbreak and there is no apparent reduction in transmission in response to the biosecurity measures that have been introduced to date."

According to the NHS, the main symptoms of bird flu can appear very quickly and include:

- a very high temperature or feeling hot or shivery
- aching muscles
- headache
- a cough or shortness of breath

Other early symptoms may include:

- diarrhoea
- sickness
- stomach pain
- chest pain
- bleeding from the nose and gums
- conjunctivitis

They also warns that it usually takes three to five days for the first symptoms to appear after you've been infected, and that within days of symptoms appearing, it's possible to develop more severe complications such as pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndrome.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/new-pandemic-could-sweep-uk-33366447
View Quote

Those fuckers really think everyone is stupid and will happily swallow their bullshit all over again.

I fervently pray they're badly mistaken.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Soundbite from 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY0Ph-Z4QPI

At CNN’s Climate Town Hall on 9/4/19, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris said that she wants the government to create “incentives” for Americans to eat less meat.
View Quote

Sure she does!

Meat is the healthiest things human beings can eat - especially for brain health, but over all health/weight too.

They want us fat, sick and dying. It's good business!
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Interesting that ‘Covid-Style measures’ are used but not ‘martial law’.

Keir Starmer told to bring in 'Covid-style' measures to stop rioters

A government advisor said "the British public will back them in whatever measures they feel is necessary" as police try to tackle riots across the UK.

A Government advisor has called for Sir Keir Starmer to impose "Covid-style" measures to take back control of the streets of Britain as far-right riots continue.

Baron Walney, John Woodcock, told Times Radio: "I think the government and new ministers will understand the British public will back them in whatever measures they feel is necessary to get this situation under control.

"Hopefully we can see this petering out now over the next few days and the extra effort which is being put on forces being able to have effect.

"But if that isn't the case, I think the British public will back further action from ministers in this emergency to get things under control.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1931778/uk-riots-covid-lockdown-keir-starmer

Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Compilation video…

Seeing The U.K. From Down Under

Page / 311
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top