Holy Fuck
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WICOUNSEL:
OK, need to update my review on this mug.

First off, I did not need a death wish mug. They have some that go for ridiculous money, none that really tickle me. No interest.

This one however, caught my attention because it was Made in the USA, but I could not tell by whom, understated design, so I thought I would check it out since I was ordering beans anyways.

Got it and was nonplussed by the overall finish, unfinished bottom and narrower base. I like the wider base on my Deneens and Sunset Hill mugs. Those have better overall finish too.

HOWEVER, this one scored beau coup points today when I ran out of the house to get parts to install the new dishwasher and the tapered bottom SITS IN MY CUP HOLDER.

Well damn, my other mugs just slide around. I tend not to drive with coffee, but sometimes I don't get to finish before running out the door. This one fit an unthought of niche.

Still don't know who made it.

https://i.imgur.com/YWvwIUG.jpg
View Quote

Typically I avoid ridiculous mug chatter but the fact that it fits in a cup holder is huge. My wife drives around one handed because her ridiculous mugs don't fit in her cup holders.

I do love Black Black gum. The hyper mintyness has got me through a lot of mids
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]

signature applewood.

good stuff.

I think you would like this chorizo from Straus too.
View Quote

But not with cream cheese
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
If I wanted your opinion, I'd ask a rock.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Typically I avoid ridiculous mug chatter but the fact that it fits in a cup holder is huge. My wife drives around one handed because her ridiculous mugs don't fit in her cup holders.

View Quote

yeah, it's a bit silly driving around with the mugs sliding around on the console, so this is a plus for me too. This one just nests in real nice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#7]

One of those days...

Roberta, our dishwasher, had served us faithfully for 12 years. She was a cheap basic whirlpool model that came with the house.

I know other people that complain non stop about their expensive fancy dishwashers not getting the dishes clean, despite taking hours to run a load of dishes.

Roberta had a "light" mode that would get a full load of dishes clean, every time. She was very good about getting everything clean. She was loud, a bit violent sounding even, but the dishes were always clean, in as little as 30 minutes.

Last four or five years she started getting finicky about starting, but she always would after a few smacks. Maybe not in the mode you wanted, but, she would start. Over the years I had to work on the racks a number of times because they would rust out in places and need to be resealed. New racks cost as much as a new dishwasher, so it was always worth it since Roberta did such a good job.

Then in March, she stopped. Lights came on, but would not start. No matter how hard we hit her.

Then she started back up a couple days later. Still finicky about starting, but ran fine.

Then in July she stopped. Nothing would get her going again.

So we went to the appliance store. Told them what we wanted. Well, what the wife wanted. She wanted stainless front. I just wanted a Bosch. They said not until December, supply chain issues. But we have this white front Bosch on display that we got in yesterday.  It is the only one we have. It is the only one we will have for some time. We will sell it to you at full price if you want but you will have to come back in a few days after we uninstall it.

Well, I am not doing all our dishes by hand, so the answer was pretty simple.

Picked up the new dishwasher and brought it home.

Then Roberta started working again...

Then we left for NC. Jesus offered to install it when they were staying here taking care of the dag, but I told him no, there may be other issues behind it to address, there is a bad draft from under the dishwasher in winter, I want to do it.

Then we were slamming busy every day doing something after we got back.

But today, I took the time to pull Roberta and put Bosch in.

There were issues to address, but not as bad as I was expecting.

Bosch is in and already ran for 2+ hours to do a load...but everything came out clean at least. Very quiet too. Almost...unsettling.

I thought it would be sad as I cut Roberta up for the garbage, but it wasn't. She had a good run. It was her time.

Here's to Roberta.

https://i.imgur.com/RWR8D9q.jpg
View Quote
I can relate - had the original 80's Whirlpool in this house up until we redid the kitchen. Same stuff, silicone caps for the prongs where the rubber wore off, etc. It did a fantastic job, but sounded like a train coming through the room (which is open to the living room). It looked really dated but my wife wanted to keep it anyways having heard bad things about the new ones. It had leaked though so I had to replace a little floor damage though and that was the last straw.

Got a USA made Maytag - some features that I think are restricted with Bosch (heating element for drying), works well enough, quiet.

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy Fuck
View Quote

Member name?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:52:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#9]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:

Did you replace another appliance?
Anyway, our Bosh is no less than incredible and virtually silent.
View Quote

No, but may happen sooner than I like. Fridge is original. It has always made weird noises. Washing machine I already had to cobble together a fix last year, we will see how long that lasts. Dehumidifier is on recall, spontaneously starts fire apparently, need to replace. Rest of the stuff is pretty straight forward. Oh, water heater might go any time, but it has looked that way since the day we moved in.

Hopefully the dishwasher lasts until we move out.

I HATE working under the sink. Pain in the back.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:

That's the stuff... cheers!
View Quote

I'd buy more of that and the 114, which are back in stock everywhere here now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:54:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Member name?
View Quote

Scroll through GD and pick one at random.

Odds are you will be right.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#14]
The A100 is Sebenza level in terms of classic designs. Only better because I actually like it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Justabulletaway:

I have a nice score of crabapple wood to try smoking with. Supposed to be similar to apple.

View Quote

Should be the same. Crab apples are apples, genetically, just a different cultivar.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Excellent work today in WI
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#18]

I wanted to do some beef ribs too but my Kroger had none to be found.
View Quote

Wife and I decided we wanted cow mid day today, so I set out to go buy some.

Costco.... Closed
Local butcher.... Closed
Chain grocery store #1...... We don't sell that cut
Chain grocery store #2......  We only sell them in pre marinated in pouches. They looked... Blech

Last shot was the butcher shop at the shawarma spot.

Boom

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Excellent work today in WI
View Quote

If by work you mean drinking, yes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Wife and I decided we wanted cow mid day today, so I set out to go buy some.

Costco.... Closed
Local butcher.... Closed
Chain grocery store #1...... We don't sell that cut
Chain grocery store #2......  We only sell them in pre marinated in pouches. They looked... Blech

Last shot was the butcher shop at the shawarma spot.

Boom
https://i.imgur.com/5vz6bU9.jpg

View Quote

good persistence

i get it

it's all about the cow
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 5:07:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Morning shot before I head out into the yard to do some cleanup. Trying to beat the heat and humidity.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
I can relate - had the original 80's Whirlpool in this house up until we redid the kitchen. Same stuff, silicone caps for the prongs where the rubber wore off, etc. It did a fantastic job, but sounded like a train coming through the room (which is open to the living room). It looked really dated but my wife wanted to keep it anyways having heard bad things about the new ones. It had leaked though so I had to replace a little floor damage though and that was the last straw.

Got a USA made Maytag - some features that I think are restricted with Bosch (heating element for drying), works well enough, quiet.

View Quote

What’s restricted about the heating element on the Bosch?

I never used that on Roberta and noticed (after install) on the Bosch, there is no button to turn drying off.

Left me with wondering  if there is no drying or if I just don’t get the choice. I was guessing there is none because the dishes were wet at the end of the test run I did yesterday. Which suits me fine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:55:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rbb2] [#24]
I believe there is no heat element for drying, and it relies on residual heat from the wash. My Maytag is the same. Two tips are to run the faucet until the water is fully hot before starting the dishwasher, and don't open it once it's started as that lets a lot of heat out.

I only ever have water left on plastic stuff on the top rack, and usually had that with my prior one that had the heat element anyway, plus that one could deform plastic items on the bottom rack.

Edit: as to the why, I believe it's due to Euro-fag energy regulations.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#26]

One of those days...

Roberta, our dishwasher, had served us faithfully for 12 years. She was a cheap basic whirlpool model that came with the house.

I know other people that complain non stop about their expensive fancy dishwashers not getting the dishes clean, despite taking hours to run a load of dishes.

Roberta had a "light" mode that would get a full load of dishes clean, every time. She was very good about getting everything clean. She was loud, a bit violent sounding even, but the dishes were always clean, in as little as 30 minutes.

Last four or five years she started getting finicky about starting, but she always would after a few smacks. Maybe not in the mode you wanted, but, she would start. Over the years I had to work on the racks a number of times because they would rust out in places and need to be resealed. New racks cost as much as a new dishwasher, so it was always worth it since Roberta did such a good job.

Then in March, she stopped. Lights came on, but would not start. No matter how hard we hit her.

Then she started back up a couple days later. Still finicky about starting, but ran fine.

Then in July she stopped. Nothing would get her going again.

So we went to the appliance store. Told them what we wanted. Well, what the wife wanted. She wanted stainless front. I just wanted a Bosch. They said not until December, supply chain issues. But we have this white front Bosch on display that we got in yesterday.  It is the only one we have. It is the only one we will have for some time. We will sell it to you at full price if you want but you will have to come back in a few days after we uninstall it.

Well, I am not doing all our dishes by hand, so the answer was pretty simple.

Picked up the new dishwasher and brought it home.

Then Roberta started working again...

Then we left for NC. Jesus offered to install it when they were staying here taking care of the dag, but I told him no, there may be other issues behind it to address, there is a bad draft from under the dishwasher in winter, I want to do it.

Then we were slamming busy every day doing something after we got back.

But today, I took the time to pull Roberta and put Bosch in.

There were issues to address, but not as bad as I was expecting.

Bosch is in and already ran for 2+ hours to do a load...but everything came out clean at least. Very quiet too. Almost...unsettling.

I thought it would be sad as I cut Roberta up for the garbage, but it wasn't. She had a good run. It was her time.

Here's to Roberta.

https://i.imgur.com/RWR8D9q.jpg
View Quote

Aww. I miss Roberta now too. Well written.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:

I agree but I really like the ladder damascus on sebenzas
View Quote

Because it looks amazing
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#28]

yeah, it's a bit silly driving around with the mugs sliding around on the console, so this is a plus for me too. This one just nests in real nice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I've wondered how she got coffee mugs under her seats but pushing the issue doesn't go well for me so I just sit and listen to them clink
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#29]
https://i.imgur.com/MrsD7nM.jpg
View Quote

What are the rectangles?
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

There's been a solution for that problem for a long time now.

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#31]

What are the rectangles?
View Quote

Probably fish sticks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By rbb2:
I believe there is no heat element for drying, and it relies on residual heat from the wash. My Maytag is the same. Two tips are to run the faucet until the water is fully hot before starting the dishwasher, and don't open it once it's started as that lets a lot of heat out.

I only ever have water left on plastic stuff on the top rack, and usually had that with my prior one that had the heat element anyway, plus that one could deform plastic items on the bottom rack.

View Quote

Yes, Bosch doesn't have a heat dry feature. Rinse aid is essential to dry dishes with a Bosch.

Plastics don't dry well. We prop the door open after a cycle to let them dry.

Ours does clean very well and it's whisper quite.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Now I wanna go home

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Now I wanna go home

https://i.imgur.com/2HOEwjk.png
View Quote

Time for an early lunch!
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#35]
The A100 is Sebenza level in terms of classic designs. Only better because I actually like it.

https://i.imgur.com/VtpmfZk.jpg
View Quote

An interesting take
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#36]

good persistence

i get it

it's all about the cow
View Quote

Haha.

My pics didn't turn out well but it was tasty. Nailed the reverse sear on the kamado
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
Morning shot before I head out into the yard to do some cleanup. Trying to beat the heat and humidity.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/DD2mug9-7-21_JPG-2081560.JPG
View Quote

Nice capture of the weave on the Dr
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 1:08:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GingerShanks] [#38]
Nvm.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

Another load of berries. (#3)Back pack blower seems to get quite a few out of the lawn.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#40]
nasty
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
Nvm.
View Quote

pussy

speak up
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Time for an early lunch!
View Quote

if only

I don't get lunches anymore

Although I just learned that my wife took lunch with Clara, after having a meeting I was in with both of them, and did not invite me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yes, Bosch doesn't have a heat dry feature. Rinse aid is essential to dry dishes with a Bosch.

Plastics don't dry well. We prop the door open after a cycle to let them dry.

Ours does clean very well and it's whisper quite.

Works for me, I never used the dry feature anyways. Warps my tupperware lids.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#44]

Aww. I miss Roberta now too. Well written.
View Quote

she definitely had personality
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#45]

What are the rectangles?
View Quote

halumi
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#46]

There's been a solution for that problem for a long time now.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/5qQAAOSwl-teWskQ/s-l300.jpg
View Quote

zero class
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#47]

pussy

speak up
View Quote

I pull no punches, Cow. I thought I was posting a comment to the Sig Pic Thread, and for whatever reason it landed here. Hence the edit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#48]
https://i.imgur.com/ZJXVugM.jpg
View Quote

I like the colors in the Hank
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#49]
https://i.imgur.com/m2rjt5X.jpg
View Quote

I recognize those sexy lines
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#50]

if only

I don't get lunches anymore

Although I just learned that my wife took lunch with Clara, after having a meeting I was in with both of them, and did not invite me.
View Quote

That's pretty cold.
Page / 3159
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top