User Panel

Page / 3157
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
I've heard people get addicted to cough medicines
View Quote

I have the ingredients to purple drank in my refrigerator but that prescription bottle only opens when I have the coof and can’t talk without coughing. Shit is hella addictive. Scary addictive.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 11:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
@80085
These are a decent style but have the green lenses - I like the amber driver's and haven't tried these. Sierra is where I usually eventually find some though. Ignore anything that doesn't say polarized glass though.

https://www.sierra.com/serengeti-modugno-sunglasses-polarized-for-men~p~1hfgk/?filterString=s~serengeti%2F

These have the legendary lenses - arms are a little funky looking but not too bad.
https://eyedictive.com/product/serengeti-dante-polarized-photochromic-wire-flex-rectangle/
View Quote

I don’t get notifications apparently. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By doubleplusgood:
Potato Latkes with smoked salmon, creme fraische and apple sauce
paired with Chimay grand reserve Trappist alehttps://i.imgur.com/uvDQ6G6.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/uvDQ6G6.jpg
View Quote

Whoa damn.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 11:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 80085:

This’ll get plenty of disagreement. I really enjoy papa johns pizza. I’ve had good pizza from lots of places but at the end of a long day I’m content with papa johns. It’s not the best but it’s good enough and what I consider the better of the national chains.
View Quote

It's solid pizza. I delivered for the one near me while I was in vocational school. It was a fun gig.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:01:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By rbb2:

By spring MrSig's house will look like an abandoned shack. Gaps around the windows, in the walls, topsy turvy railings with no supports, stair treads missing, random mouldings gone, and a giant pile of round objects spilling out of every opening.
View Quote

Legend says that the Canadian government replaces indigenous housing if it becomes damaged. Further, it’s said that the Indians who live in literal BFE up by the North Pole slowly burn up the interior of their government provided shacks over the winter, when they run out of firewood. Come spring/summer the government sends up more housing units to replace the shit that got burned out over winter.

No idea on the veracity of these claims but it’s entertaining to think something like that could happen.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Spydie/Kershaw of her flavor.
View Quote

Can’t go wrong with a delica. Perfect small knife for nonknife people.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:11:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WIC:
did you not read the instructions?
View Quote

I hope your joking. And no.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#8]
you're

you thug
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:25:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I do t even try with autocorrect anymore. It never works right.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:05:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like M3 Tactical may be going the Hoback route.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:12:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like M3 Tactical may be going the Hoback route.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Under the LED?
View Quote

No. These were both taken with just daylight thru the window.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 5:31:03 AM EDT
[#13]
https://i.imgur.com/lWk75xWh.jpg
View Quote

Great pic!
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 5:33:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrSig239] [#14]

You buy a $1000+ knife and get the privilege of purchasing the screw and paying for shipping. Sheesh.
View Quote

The screw was ruined by a previous owner so I didn't expect it to be guaranteed. They are sending the screw at cost price so I won't complain.
The only thing goofed up is I don't think I needed to send the knife to Recon. They could have just sent me the screw. We both didn't know if it had to be fitted to the knife or not. It took Shiro a while to get back to me as they are busy with the holiday season.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 5:41:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Copper pen with a new fob with copper bead. Pair that up with a brown 95 should make for a nice cold winters day carry.
Nothing planned but feed the pellet stove. Wonder if I can make a spear out of a roof rafter?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 6:33:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TriggerGSP:
I don’t hate it as much as I thought I would.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/479088/E8E30E87-A19F-40EC-B034-8256D198841B_jpe-2642341.JPG
View Quote

Antler just feels off.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 6:33:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:
Niece asked me to recommend a small folder.
Per @WIC no bitchmade so what's a good alternative for a bugout. The axis lock and size are the key items.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160658/20210520_180419_jpg-2642507.JPG
View Quote

Ritter RSK

Hogue Deka
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 6:34:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
https://i.imgur.com/J1sLStG.jpg?1

Got toffee in the mail...high class and fookin yummy!

Had to beat the children with a stick to scatter them so I could take the picture.
It was like a feeding frenzy after I got the photograph...knife was the only thing that saved my life.
True story.
View Quote

Ha. I appreciate the commitment to the art
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 6:35:44 AM EDT
[#19]

This is the one I posted about the other day with the “wing” style integral guard/choil. That, and I’m not a fan of antler.
View Quote

I still don't get it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I feel this

https://i.imgur.com/9gHwb3k.jpg
View Quote

Sounds like what a wolf pretending to be a person would say
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Yeah. I’d have done a carbon fiber shred/copper shred casting.
View Quote

My man
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:50:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Legend says that the Canadian government replaces indigenous housing if it becomes damaged. Further, it’s said that the Indians who live in literal BFE up by the North Pole slowly burn up the interior of their government provided shacks over the winter, when they run out of firewood. Come spring/summer the government sends up more housing units to replace the shit that got burned out over winter.

No idea on the veracity of these claims but it’s entertaining to think something like that could happen.
View Quote

I think our government would be dumb enough to do that. They bend over backwards for the Indians.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Antler just feels off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I don’t hate it as much as I thought I would.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/479088/E8E30E87-A19F-40EC-B034-8256D198841B_jpe-2642341.JPG

Antler just feels off.

Antler always feels off for me. Nasty stinky shit. Finishing a couple today with some walrus tusk cast in resin with burl. Equally smelly, but should look neat.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#24]
I remember Buffalo horn being really smelly to work with.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

All animal products are nasty to work with. From my experience elk ivory is the worst. I tack on $150 to any project using animal products in the hope that they’ll change materials, or go somewhere else. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

It all smells like burnt hair. I watched an equine dentist "float" teeth on a couple of horses yesterday. Same smell.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#27]

I don't get notifications apparently. Thanks!
View All Quotes
@80085
These are a decent style but have the green lenses - I like the amber driver's and haven't tried these. Sierra is where I usually eventually find some though. Ignore anything that doesn't say polarized glass though.

https://www.sierra.com/serengeti-modugno-sunglasses-polarized-for-men~p~1hfgk/?filterString=s~serengeti%2F

These have the legendary lenses - arms are a little funky looking but not too bad.
https://eyedictive.com/product/serengeti-dante-polarized-photochromic-wire-flex-rectangle/

I don't get notifications apparently. Thanks!
No problem - they often don't work for me either.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#28]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

It all smells like burnt hair. I watched an equine dentist "float" teeth on a couple of horses yesterday. Same smell.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DFARM:

Yeah, smelled it when I got a crown done beginning of the month. I mostly only will work on it outside (except the drill press part). Hence why I'm again not making any progress right now since it is butt ass cold. I generally consider the smell an indication I need to slow down with whatever I'm doing and cool things off, but my dentist seems not to GAF much and certainly knows better than I.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, smelled it when I got a crown done beginning of the month. I mostly only will work on it outside (except the drill press part). Hence why I'm again not making any progress right now since it is butt ass cold. I generally consider the smell an indication I need to slow down with whatever I'm doing and cool things off, but my dentist seems not to GAF much and certainly knows better than I.
View Quote

Outside is probably smart unless you have a good dust collection setup.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:09:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#30]

I really like those second ones except the arms.

Was looking at vuarnet and they have way too many different lens options. Quite pricy as well.
View All Quotes
@80085

I really like those second ones except the arms.

Was looking at vuarnet and they have way too many different lens options. Quite pricy as well.
If the arms actually are more comfortable / secure as they claim, I'd accept them looking a little goofy. Not sure it would be noticeable much in use. Function over form.

For Vaurnet, mineral lens color options & intended uses are illustrated very well here. "lynx" suffix means mirrored (I'd do Legend 06 Brownlynx). Coincidentally also what Bond wore. There's some on ebay for $125 but that seems suspect. Street price is ~$200.

Serengeti is photochromic though.

ETA - hmm, previous feedback is all positive for high end gun optics etc..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266041180077?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=266041180077&targetid=1263094004786&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=200511&poi=&campaignid=14859008593&mkgroupid=130497710760&rlsatarget=pla-1263094004786&abcId=9300678&merchantid=6296724

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#31]
well if bond wore it, i'm sold. slap on a pair of sexy gogs and pet my PPK lovingly.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#32]
In the description it says "Magnification: -3" so maybe they're Rx lenses?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#33]
In the description it says "Magnification: -3" so maybe they're Rx lenses?
View Quote
Good eye - that's ridiculously hidden, should be in the title.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#34]

This’ll get plenty of disagreement. I really enjoy papa johns pizza. I’ve had good pizza from lots of places but at the end of a long day I’m content with papa johns. It’s not the best but it’s good enough and what I consider the better of the national chains.
View Quote

It's not bad. A guy I used to work with would grab it for OT food.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Seriously.

I had a buddy like that. He joined the marines. Now he expends all that energy waking up early and drawing dicks.
View Quote

As someone who works all hours of the day; if I have the option to be asleep when the sun comes up I'll always take it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Good eye - that's ridiculously hidden, should be in the title.
View Quote

Agreed. Glad I saw it, too, as I was very close to just going ahead and impulse buying them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#37]
RGT scales from Black Friday. Really liking the new grippiness over the polished smooth g10.

Aside, I am very pleased with the construction of the Kapara as this was the first time taking it apart. The screw barrels are all captive on both sides. No spinning like typical spyderco house designs. The pivot barrel is also captive on both sides and it has a sweet bushing. When assembling you can crank everything down tight without a worry. Blade centers perfectly and it flicks and drops shut freely without blade play. The blade also has an overtravel stop arch milled onto it that engages a pin in the scales.

Excellent design. One of the best spyderco products.

https://i.imgur.com/meoTVZd.jpg
View Quote

Damn that looks good.

Super clean.

And I love pimento cheese by my wife hates it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#38]
https://i.imgur.com/lWk75xWh.jpg
View Quote

Festive
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#39]

Pancake lawyer.

This reminds me I nearly cut my whole finger off trying to open a stupid chaves knife. put that on my list of knives not to buy.
View Quote

How?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I haven't had it in a decade plus, but I recall it being preferable to other national chains as well. I like godfather's the best among national/large regional chains. Obviously there are a lot of local joints and small chains that are better still.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#41]
knife doin knife stuff.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Nice!
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#43]
How?
View Quote

Detention was incredibly tight and it took a massive amount of pressure on the thumbstud to open. The blade was scary sharp too to begin with. Then the person said to me, “oh I should have told you to be careful with that one” after the fact.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#44]
From RBB - thanks again

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Since we like tamales:

Title of this picture was, “How not to get repeat customers.”  
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I heard their dough is the best though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#47]

I haven't had it in a decade plus, but I recall it being preferable to other national chains as well. I like godfather's the best among national/large regional chains. Obviously there are a lot of local joints and small chains that are better still.
View All Quotes

I haven't had Godfathers since leaving KS 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#48]
From RBB - thanks again

https://i.imgur.com/UbXWIre.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SeYajvN.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#49]
From RBB - thanks again

https://i.imgur.com/UbXWIre.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SeYajvN.jpg
View Quote

Excellent!
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#50]
I heard their dough is the best though.
View Quote

My wife has a friend that does tamales and whatnot so she brings some home every now and then. Have never had one I liked. All just seem kinda like mush with meat inside. Tastes like eating a wet tortilla chip.  Maybe she doesn't know how to make them.
Page / 3157
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top